General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

News from Brunters Cossie Thrash Today...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 12:02 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PF Ben
Mike: "No invite". I've been waiting for you to tell me your cars finished for AGES now - as several emails to you to this effect: "Hi Mike, thanks for this really appreciate it...yeah course we'll be interested in it (& timing it?). When's it gonna be feature ready?" show. To be honest I didn't really think thrashes were your thing now... so sorry I didn't invite you mate. I will next time. (Just so I know, if I had invited you yesterday would you have run?).

This brings me on to Mikes silly comment about me / Scotty. I invite Scotty every year because I can always be assured that he will turn up with a quick car, and run all day long (and also keep people entertained whilst waiting around). THAT'S what we want and that's what a thrash is ALL about - inviting people who we know a) have a quick car, and b) more importantly, are GOING to bloody run!
Ben,
My car is not finished for it to have a full feature, as there a lots of detail things I want to do before that (I sent Dave a copy of the spec-sheet at his bequest on 25 Nov 2004 and advised him of the things I wanted to do to finish the car before it was featured). However, you have seen it at Central Day, ND, and seen on here that it has been to the Ring and Bedford, so you know it is running in tip-top form . As they say, assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups .

However, as you are probably aware I was waiting for my gearbox to be sorted and that had only just been done before Bedford (where before that I would definitely NOT have run, as I was using Chris Flint's gearbox on a temporary loan. So as it happens, it would have been available on the day had you invited me in plenty of warning, as I only dropped the car off to Martin's after the last Bedford track day to have some paint-work done ready for the show season etc next year, because I hadn't been invited (although I knew it was happening after seeing Rod's post).

I can't believe that you honestly think I really believe that you and Bungle are lovers . However, if the cap fits... (I'll never be able to look at Steve in the same way now) .
Old 08-12-2004, 12:09 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

- people turning up with their cars and not running has been the bane of our thrashes over the last few years and we weren't prepared for this to happen this year. Why turn up and not run?

Ben
Simple really Ben i was not entered, informed Dave three weeks ago.
The only reason my Cossie was so far North was because it had been to BTB exhausts in Daventry for an estimate for my new exhaust at 7.30 am, being only 20 miles away it was simple to get to Brunters. I would have been the Volvo otherwise.
I had been asked to attend by Dave even though i was not running.
My car would never run without a Det run as running near 200 is simply not an option without it.
Being asked to run at 90% was an insult can you imagine what shit i would have got on this Forum if i only done a 187. ( Thats the limit on my smaller road tyre)
I parked my car away from the event at the gate house when told it was costing you money for me being there.
I accept your task is difficult Ben & getting eight live Cossies together probably impossible, but remember until you pay these guys to run, its up to the individual if he wants to put his money/car on the line.
Rod
Old 08-12-2004, 12:10 PM
dumped
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mike i'm sure your car lost a hell of a lot more than 1.5 bhp in car after 7k - I will have to get the graph and check - cant remember if a reading was taken at 7500?

I'll send you a copy with some funny crosses on it where my own power might be

- On a general note - last years totb and other shoot outs have proven how hard it is to arrange good cars all willing to go for it in the same place same time - your lucky ben and keith pulled the strings they did to get access to timing gear/ brunters all those moons ago and now just seem to expect it??
Old 08-12-2004, 12:39 PM
JRST
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Default re: brunters day out

i would like to say to all who attended well done and to be more positive about the event.

I think ben and all pf do a good job with the mag.

come on lads lets be more positive.

i am sure ben would be happy to arrange another event.

well done

jay
Old 08-12-2004, 12:40 PM
PF Ben
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

woah there rod - i never mentioned your name in my post quoted i was generalising. also, i'm not getting into everything that happened / you said yesterday because i really am not a person who enjoys confrontation. Therefore I see your apparent defending of yourself a waste of time as i was not attacking you in my post i the first place!
"Being asked to run at 90% was an insult can you imagine what shit i would have got on this Forum if i only done a 187." You did a 180 at 80-90% on the way to the cafe when you drove off anyway - a speed which would have destroyed everything at the thrash, and you know we would have written that into the thrash feature if given the opportunity to time you - I don't think you'd have lost respect from running at 80% and STILL destroying everything there, in fact, imagine how amazing that would have looked! .
And Rod, your comment of, " but remember until you pay these guys to run, its up to the individual if he wants to put his money/car on the line" is completely irrelevant and smacks of arrogance. Everyone who's met me at thrashes knows I have the upmost respect for their cars / efforts on the day and in fact have told several people in the past with issues on the day, "don't worry - don't run it isn't worth blowing it up". There should be MUTUAL respect on the day as dumped pointed out in his last post. In fact, maybe WE should charge YOU (as per the TOTB events) to attend the events?! (PS - I would never do this, just pointing out that it's a give - take relationship and not a give - give like it seems you expect).
Cheers,
Ben
Old 08-12-2004, 01:14 PM
Sexy-RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well done Les (A10 COS) Glad you decided to go Good to see the old girl turn up twice at brunters and run brilliantly! Mind you i suppose its used to a good thrashing most weeks in the summer at the events One reliable big power car you got there Shame dean has not got his saph no more would have been a wicked farther and son feature Im sure dean wished he had it to attend events like this, would have been nice to see it at an event like this to! I think it would have impressed Still his a jap boy now lol

So you tucking her away till next season this year

Faye
Old 08-12-2004, 01:14 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry to step in ,,but why the hell should the pf Lads justify what happened at brunters ,, They invited people to come for a day out and have a laugh .. Nothing more nothing less and this is what hapened .
Why are people moaning they never got an invite and then say ,,well i wouldnt have run anyway ,,or ,, i have sold my car ,, Whats this about

The day was great ,, The people who did bother to turn up had a good day , some had problems , but still run there cars ,, All these socalled "big name cars" never turn up anywhere so why ask them on tues

Thanks to the PF , Lads for a good day out .
Old 08-12-2004, 01:16 PM
martinrs500labatts
Advanced PassionFord User

hi ben,

thanks for your reply,

just remember i have two other cars at my disposal, and the only car i have sold is the road one.

whot will give great pleasure, is when i get my new front wheel drive car to replace the one i have sold, and getting some better times

as a few have said more to top end runs,
Old 08-12-2004, 01:25 PM
PF Ben

Paul - cheers mate thanks for your comments. To be honest thanks to the damp and a bit of a lack of cars available to run you probably didn't get as good a day as some of our other thrashes... make sure you come to the next ones mate - and pop up if / when we feature Neils car (loved it, want a magenta saff on black evos now!)
Martin - fair do's mate, and your cars are more than welcome to attend the thrash if they run so i look forward to seeing you at the next ones
Cheers,
Ben
Old 08-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Ben,
Is my post invisible?
Old 08-12-2004, 01:40 PM
Sticky.
20K+ Super Poster.

want a magenta saff on black evos now!) :
Ben
Dont we all Ben after seeing that car yesterday

Big thanks to Ben & Dave & all the PF crew for a great day

Old 08-12-2004, 01:49 PM
Bruce Read

Usual PFord cossie thrash then

I was starting have thought about getting another - but think I will get an RST as they seem to have had lots more fun

AT least the big power cars were running at the RST day
Old 08-12-2004, 01:50 PM
PF Ben

Mike - if you're referring to your homo erotic post (which you can't seem to drop for some Freudian reason ) then, yes actually!
Ben
Old 08-12-2004, 01:53 PM
PF Ben

Bruce -
Old 08-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Bruce Read

Dont know what u mean
Old 08-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Rs Gus
impreza wrx sti version 8

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

id have run if invited
Old 08-12-2004, 03:03 PM
CozzyBrom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

gus your a street warrior you never do a track day or a thrash

my street days are over this is my new playground

big name cars were asked to come ben asked me before my engine let go to enter i said deffo i would of had my box in and noz on then
other cars porkie dint wana run he scared
martoon is building at the min wow its gona be mad
sean is on stands and will be next yr at this rate
warren dont no it he was asked but his dont run since he changed magengment (last we knew it dint run)
big thanks to ben and dave for still letting us turn up to mooch around they could of said no
Old 08-12-2004, 03:09 PM
Rs Gus

gus your a street warrior you never do a track day or a thrash
tbh brom id do a thrash no probs car is not right for track needs a big wing sump etc
Old 08-12-2004, 03:12 PM
CozzyBrom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

and a gearbox you animal
Old 08-12-2004, 03:16 PM
Rs Gus

Originally Posted by BROM@ZOO
and a gearbox you animal
harsh words from u them brom
Old 08-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Rs Gus
and a gearbox you animal
Fookin harsh indeed.... Almost a fooking compliment in fact
Old 08-12-2004, 03:24 PM
extra17

PF PITBULL
Old 08-12-2004, 03:28 PM
Rs Gus

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
Originally Posted by Rs Gus
and a gearbox you animal
Fookin harsh indeed.... Almost a fooking compliment in fact
Old 08-12-2004, 03:30 PM
rs4steve

thanks to ben,dave,nick for the invite at 9.15pm on monday nite had a good day well impressed with my 0-60, 0-100 times, and the 1/4 mile times (only tobe inproved on in dry) knew my car only topped out at 170mph any way ;glad i good make the numbers up,

cheers steve
Old 08-12-2004, 04:02 PM
PF Ben

Thanks Brom and thanks Steve - Steve love your car mate looked beautiful and was V impressive given the conditions!
Thanks again,
Ben
Old 08-12-2004, 04:04 PM
Anonymous
Banned

[quote="PF Ben And Rod, your comment of, " but remember until you pay these guys to run, its up to the individual if he wants to put his money/car on the line" is completely irrelevant and smacks of arrogance. Everyone who's met me at thrashes knows I have the upmost respect for their cars / efforts on the day and in fact have told several people in the past with issues on the day, "don't worry - don't run it isn't worth blowing it up". Cheers,
Ben[/quote]

If i had run & not done a det run & the engine let go cos of duff petrol , would your respect have paid my repair bill cos sure as hell Mark would'ent. Dont sound like arrogance to me Ben just common sense.
180 by the Top of the rise aint worthy of note Ben i can do that on any decent straight , but would not have liked to push it past 7.5k in 5th without a Det run. Thats why my car lasts .
Rod
ps. You will get older & wiser Ben , when that Tesosterone stops coursing your veins.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:11 PM
PF Ben

all i'll say is that it didn't let go when you did your 180mph run up to the cafe did it? we could have put the timing gear on it then (as you were beasting it anyway) and you'd have still thrashed everyone there. just seemed a bit of a waste. that was my point.
Ben
PS - I'm wise beyond my years Rod, and testosterone will never stop coursing through my veins.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:13 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

Mike Rainbird wrote:
Danny,
Sorry to disagree, but it IS all about the correct gearing / power / traction for the job in hand.

A10 COS,
A 3.36 diff is really too tall to achieve your car's top speed within the confines of Bruntingthorpe (I know, as this is what I did my 180mph runs with, where it would have have probably achieved 185 with standard gearing due to the fact that my power did not tail off until after 7500 rpm).

Thanks Mike was going to PM the driver of A10 COS tonight , but you have answered his question, he also needs to put 17" on the rear to get the best from this car.
Made my day another 'OLD UN' showing the youngsters how its done .
2 OLD UNS who need to read

I SAID IT WASNT ALL ABOUT TOP SPEED AND USED THE EXAMPLE A STANDARD T5 2wd CAR WITH LESS THAN 500BHP CAN DO A 13 SECOND QTR!!

"You need to go to spec savers"

i also 100% agree for top speed runs gearing is one of the keys to success
Old 08-12-2004, 04:26 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
Sorry to step in ,,but why the hell should the pf Lads justify what happened at brunters ,, They invited people to come for a day out and have a laugh .. Nothing more nothing less and this is what hapened .
Why are people moaning they never got an invite and then say ,,well i wouldnt have run anyway ,,or ,, i have sold my car ,, Whats this about

The day was great ,, The people who did bother to turn up had a good day , some had problems , but still run there cars ,, All these socalled "big name cars" never turn up anywhere so why ask them on tues

Thanks to the PF , Lads for a good day out .
Well Said

PS, I would run my humble old 3DR ANYTIME
Old 08-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Stevewrc

I cant believe some individuals obviously believe I need to arse lick Ben to go to a shoot out. The only Performance Ford Shoot outs I have been to before have been with my RWD focus which run in the 7's to 100 and 10 second 1/4's. I was invited yesterday with my WRC car which has run under 3 seconds to 60 without the gas, unfortunately I broke the car at Donnington on Sunday (because Im not affraid to use it to its full potential) but because I had already accepted the inivite I made the effort and took along another car.

It was really nice to meet everyone yesterday even though all our cars were "as slow as shit"!!!! and we all look like GAYS

BIG thanks to Ben and Dave at Performance Ford for yesterday.

As far as I am aware there is only one GAY in the village!!!
Old 08-12-2004, 04:37 PM
Stevewrc

I cant believe some individuals obviously believe I need to arse lick Ben to go to a shoot out. The only Performance Ford Shoot outs I have been to before have been with my RWD focus which run in the 7's to 100 and 10 second 1/4's. I was invited yesterday with my WRC car which has run under 3 seconds to 60 without the gas, unfortunately I broke the car at Donnington on Sunday (because Im not affraid to use it to its full potential) but because I had already accepted the inivite I made the effort and took along another car.

It was really nice to meet everyone yesterday even though all our cars were "as slow as shit"!!!! and we all look like GAYS

BIG thanks to Ben and Dave at Performance Ford for yesterday.

Old 08-12-2004, 04:38 PM
Rs Gus

Old 08-12-2004, 04:40 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Originally Posted by Stevewrc

Fair play to you Steve

When Sticker Paul rung me and told me that you had too a few toys down to keep the peeps entertained i thought Fair play

Turbo'd Blade aswell
Old 08-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Sticky.
20K+ Super Poster.

When the WRC is broke & you've just had a head gasket failure, Steve does the next best thing...........................

Goes & plays on the Quad

Thank god he didn't have the spud gun
Old 08-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Bungle,
Just admit it, you and Ben like to get it on and that's the ONLY reason you get invited to things .

It's not fair to say that Ben is the only one out of you two, as it takes two to tango .
Old 08-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Danny@RADesigns
less than 500bhp can do early 11 sec quaters on standard t5 where does the gearing come into that

As said originally it wasnt all about Top speed
2 OLD UNS who need to read

I SAID IT WASNT ALL ABOUT TOP SPEED AND USED THE EXAMPLE A STANDARD T5 2wd CAR WITH LESS THAN 500BHP CAN DO A 13 SECOND QTR!!

"You need to go to spec savers"
Spot the deliberate mistake Danny, want to borrow my Specs

No rwd Cossie on this Forum is quicker than 11.54 i believe & that one has 700 horses.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:31 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

sorry minor typo

FACT: A 2wd cossie running standard T5 and less than 500bhp is capable of running qtr miles in the 11s!!

And that isnt a "Fast car" as ppl have put?????

I stick by my original point

IT WAS NOT ALL ABOUT TOP SPEEDS or more to the point TRYING TO BREAK THE TOP SPEED RECORD!!

good reply though old man
Old 08-12-2004, 05:33 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

And anyone who thinks im have a problem with rod,i dont in the slightest and want to shake his hand if we meet on his acheivements! just wanted to not let this thread get into a " Cars not good enough thread"
Old 08-12-2004, 06:24 PM
Anonymous
Banned

And anyone who thinks im have a problem with rod,i dont in the slightest and want to shake his hand if we meet on his acheivements! just wanted to not let this thread get into a " Cars not good enough thread"
No probs with Danny, hes right i am old.
Cheers Rod
Old 08-12-2004, 06:29 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

Quick Reply: News from Brunters Cossie Thrash Today...