General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

News from Brunters Cossie Thrash Today...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 06:32 PM
4x4pete
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
Bungle,
Just admit it, you and Ben like to get it on and that's the ONLY reason you get invited to things .

It's not fair to say that Ben is the only one out of you two, as it takes two to tango .
MIKE i think its time to carm your self down now!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2004, 06:41 PM
Stevewrc

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
Bungle,
Just admit it, you and Ben like to get it on and that's the ONLY reason you get invited to things .

It's not fair to say that Ben is the only one out of you two, as it takes two to tango .
Mike,
The reason I get invited is because I have quick cars, I think you are taking the P**s now.
Old 08-12-2004, 06:44 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give him a slap steve, thatl teach him

Old 08-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Ben i see matt's point for the mk2 but see your reasoning...

I emailed you loads over the summer bout a feature and got very little response, evern after national day. I know you were ill so fair enough....

If we are invited, both me and tim would like to come to the shootout for the old school cars...

Old 08-12-2004, 07:47 PM
Crazychris
Virgin

Default mike 'bitter and twisted' rainbird

being a newcomer to this rather 'manly' sport (yes a woman speaks) i am shocked to find that there seems to be a shortage of actual men...the term 'boys' and 'pathetic' spring to mind when i read the personal accounts of sundays track day. There are always times when your car is not ready, or you havent been invited to the 'ball', however this is not good reason for acting your shoe size!

GET OVER IT

Mike, are you truly homophobic? because i know a good councilor, who could unlock those skeletons in your closet, which im sure you do have. Nowadays there are some excellent self-help procedures that could diminish your outrageous and blatant jealousy over steve scott, we are not in the school yard anymore boys.

I have known Steve for many MANY years, and for you to say that you wont be able to look at him in the same way, is probably true, a joke even, as you probably wont be able to look at him at all...with two black eyes.

so can i conclude, or may i suggest... maybe you should stay out of his way for a while.

...or better still, keep your mouth shut and give us all a break

to all you other avid readers. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

CRAZY CHRIS

Old 08-12-2004, 07:49 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

Old 08-12-2004, 08:01 PM
markk
10K+ Poster!!

Received 105 Likes on 97 Posts

i have to say that there are a few changed attitudes in this post because of events in this year , one i have noticed is rods, since the 'ooooww 200mph' run you seam to have adopted this 'high and mighty' attitude. i used to think you were just a normal geezer the same as all other petrol heads , now the jurys back out .

mike, you , from what ive read used to be someone who got out there and did things 1st off before alot of others , now , sit back and watch the crowd ??

these are only my assumptions from the internet as i dont know any of these personally , so please dont take offence geezers

steve scott, well is just steve scott , mr reliable from all accounts , used to keep and eye on your progress in the rally scene - get back into it FULL ON !! you cars produce the goods ! im all for a laugh on these thrash events but rallying is rallying !!!
Old 08-12-2004, 08:03 PM
Mul@AMS
PassionFord Regular

What the fuck
Old 08-12-2004, 08:07 PM
4x4pete

Default Re: mike 'bitter and twisted' rainbird

Originally Posted by Crazychris
being a newcomer to this rather 'manly' sport (yes a woman speaks) i am shocked to find that there seems to be a shortage of actual men...the term 'boys' and 'pathetic' spring to mind when i read the personal accounts of sundays track day. There are always times when your car is not ready, or you havent been invited to the 'ball', however this is not good reason for acting your shoe size!

GET OVER IT

Mike, are you truly homophobic? because i know a good councilor, who could unlock those skeletons in your closet, which im sure you do have. Nowadays there are some excellent self-help procedures that could diminish your outrageous and blatant jealousy over steve scott, we are not in the school yard anymore boys.

I have known Steve for many MANY years, and for you to say that you wont be able to look at him in the same way, is probably true, a joke even, as you probably wont be able to look at him at all...with two black eyes.

so can i conclude, or may i suggest... maybe you should stay out of his way for a while.

CRAZY CHRIS

well said crazy chris
Old 08-12-2004, 08:08 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

wheres Jerry when you need him
Old 08-12-2004, 08:10 PM
4x4pete

Old 08-12-2004, 08:29 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by markk
i have to say that there are a few changed attitudes in this post because of events in this year , one i have noticed is rods, since the 'ooooww 200mph' run you seam to have adopted this 'high and mighty' attitude. i used to think you were just a normal geezer the same as all other petrol heads , now the jurys back out .

!!!
Just having a bit of a Larf at this with the Mrs.
I aint changed mate just peoples perception of me.
Im the wrong guy & Mark is the wrong tuner for a lot of people to Stomach
holding the Topspeed record. Cant change that im afraid.
Rod
ps. Im modding the car to go faster so im afraid the perception will get worse, but i wont change i will always be an arragant little Bastard .
Old 08-12-2004, 08:32 PM
NMS Badboy^NUTTER^
Advanced PassionFord User

Well said Crazychris

There's been so many negative remarks about this thrash, like there was about TOTB, and the performance of the cars taking part.

What all you gob shites out there sat behind your big ' hard as fuck' keyboards don't realise is that some of us put a lot of time and effort, and money and the odd divorce into trying to get these cars at these events, and trying to realise a dream, which is certainly my case.

How much does it cost all the pricks who never took part? Fuck all and lots of it

For me, yesterday cost me an engine, and Ł8 an hour isn't gonna get that fixed in a hurry. I'm still paying for TOTB

Anyone can talk the talk, you lot just need to walk the walk; pricks.

Respect to Steve, never lets anyone down at these do's

Big thanks to Mike R for coming and saying hello to his team at Elvington, not.

Big thank you to PFDave and the other boys for letting me try to take part yesterday.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:41 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Straight lines are ok if thats all you can drive.....roads have bends tho rod LOL....

Nutter, you talk shit sometimes
Old 08-12-2004, 08:44 PM
4x4pete

well said NUTTER sorry i didnt say hello as i knew you were having a bad day

good luck with it
Old 08-12-2004, 08:45 PM
Ian M
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

well said crazy chris

and nutter
Old 08-12-2004, 09:13 PM
Nick Mexi-cos
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Well done again Pete4x4 and everyone else who attended , got to say ive heard some shite in my live but this thread takes the piss , My cars faster than yours my dad bigger than yours , for christ sake Grow up a little and prove the point next year when the time comes , Who cares about top speed it also about acceleration as well , i know people like Pete 4x4 dont car about top end as how many track in this country can you reach over 180mph , i know for sure i would like a car that does 160 but gets there fast and also handles well on the circuit and i think most people on here will agree

Anyway that my last post on here LOL

well done again PFben / PFDave/ and biker Nick Lol on a great effort i understand how hard it is to please everyone after arranging some of the old skool meets fare play to ya

Ooops i just done 150 in me diesel merc can i come next time ben

P.S pete ya missed Puddy little bit still not reached a 11 sec qtr yet , puddy track was wet , car is still fully trimmed un like ya waste line or mine saying that matey
Old 08-12-2004, 09:24 PM
puddy

Originally Posted by Nick Mexi-cos
Well done again Pete4x4 and everyone else who attended , got to say ive heard some shite in my live but this thread takes the piss , My cars faster than yours my dad bigger than yours , for christ sake Grow up a little and prove the point next year when the time comes , Who cares about top speed it also about acceleration as well , i know people like Pete 4x4 dont car about top end as how many track in this country can you reach over 180mph , i know for sure i would like a car that does 160 but gets there fast and also handles well on the circuit and i think most people on here will agree

Anyway that my last post on here LOL

well done again PFben / PFDave/ and biker Nick Lol on a great effort i understand how hard it is to please everyone after arranging some of the old skool meets fare play to ya

Ooops i just done 150 in me diesel merc can i come next time ben

P.S pete ya missed Puddy little bit still not reached a 11 sec qtr yet , puddy track was wet , car is still fully trimmed un like ya waste line or mine saying that matey
nick ,I spoke to pete earlier on the phone ,been trying to give him some

advice on his nitrous.

What you doing on here ? maxpower .com.uk down tonight?

puddy
Old 08-12-2004, 09:38 PM
Nick Mexi-cos
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Hope you was of help to him Bud , yea max power site is down tonite bollocks i love going on there and looking at ya wheels mate , boy i luv that car and thats serious

P.S BIG news for me tmz find out what ive been waiting for giz a chout tmz afternoon bud
Old 08-12-2004, 09:41 PM
The Rapid 1

Originally Posted by MADRod
My car would never run without a Det run as running near 200 is simply not an option without it.
Being asked to run at 90% was an insult can you imagine what shit i would have got on this Forum if i only done a 187. ( Thats the limit on my smaller road tyre)
Dont think anyone ever gonna knock what your car DID achieve (and i mean as in PROVEN not, not gonna do it again )

But i feel these events are better for REAL road cars, as is i would race your car over the quarter with whatever preperation u like to give it and mine will just be driven in off the road how i drive it EVERY day
now u can say mine only run a lowly timed 11.5 (matched on more than one occasion, infact nearly every day i run it last year) but that wasnt this year when i havent actually run it once and it IS faster this year and feel pretty confident it will run a ten the first time i do (oh said it now lol )

How often do you get to really give your car all it got compared to mine on the road.

Basically (sorry Rod didnt mean it to turn into a slatting of you or what you enjoy) but think for the readers of a mag accelleration figures that can be attained day in day out are more representative

Personally wouldnt have minded an invite myself but didnt get to hear about it till late Friday and already had personal plans for that day (but my son will always take first place over that lump of metal called a car )

As for Steve Scott I know he's my "chosen tuner" but hey if u run a mag wouldnt u want to invite someone that is GAURANTEED to give 150% to the day AND everyone there, oh and supply a reasonable car to feature

I been to a PF thrash b4 and remember it as a blinding day out, car wernt 100% but still give it a go, couple of "moments" (Dannys air filter and Steve and a jet car ) and just a fun day with a bit of friendly competition

Only comment id make to Ben and Nick to make it a better day is try and make it just a tad earlier in the year, maybe for a bit better weather, it always fookin freezin at Brunters lol

Steve

(waiting to be shot down for being anti top speed lol )
Old 08-12-2004, 09:46 PM
4x4pete

GET back to turbosport u two
Old 08-12-2004, 10:11 PM
marco polo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Listen you lot is a good job my WRC 2003 Focus wasn't there i would have shut you all up
Old 08-12-2004, 10:14 PM
puddy

Originally Posted by 4x4pete
just been over there ,they've all gone to bed already

puddy
Old 08-12-2004, 10:21 PM
4x4pete

Originally Posted by puddy
Originally Posted by 4x4pete
just been over there ,they've all gone to bed already

puddy
lol at that
Old 08-12-2004, 10:46 PM
Danny B
PassionFord Post Troll

I been to a PF thrash b4 and remember it as a blinding day out, car wernt 100% but still give it a go, couple of "moments" (Dannys air filter and Steve and a jet car ) and just a fun day with a bit of friendly competition

I remember that one well!! its thanks to steve my car was able to drive home

anyway I'm glad my car is no longer in use as it keeps me out of all this bullshit from people that dont get invited these are funs days for few cars not a big shoot out to claim king, 90% of you reading this can't even manage to have a car ready for TOTB qualifying or the actual event so how is PFben supposed to say right 3weeks wednesday(example) brunters 9am, you'd be fuck car dont work
Old 08-12-2004, 10:48 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny@RADesigns
And anyone who thinks im have a problem with rod,i dont in the slightest and want to shake his hand if we meet on his acheivements! just wanted to not let this thread get into a " Cars not good enough thread"
No probs with Danny, hes right i am old.
Cheers Rod
That reminds me Rod, did Lee pass my regards across to you?
Old 08-12-2004, 10:58 PM
NMS Badboy^NUTTER^

Danny B
Old 09-12-2004, 12:34 AM
TiB

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
And anyone who thinks im have a problem with rod,i dont in the slightest and want to shake his hand if we meet on his acheivements! just wanted to not let this thread get into a " Cars not good enough thread"
Cheers Rod
i would of done if you'd of asked me too any other time than in a PM you sent me an hour AFTER i'd left for brunters

try a phone call next time lol
Old 09-12-2004, 07:26 AM
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

OK Then how simple is this for everyone to understand

Its Performance Ford who PAY for the use of Brunters for these thrashes so its upto them who decides get the invites NOBODY ELSE
Old 09-12-2004, 08:36 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by markk
mike, you , from what ive read used to be someone who got out there and did things 1st off before alot of others , now , sit back and watch the crowd ??
Exactly, which is why I was surprised at Ben's assumption that I wouldn't be interested . The simple fact of the matter was I wasn't invited .

Originally Posted by Stevewrc
Mike,
The reason I get invited is because I have quick cars, I think you are taking the P**s now.
No shit Sherlock . You KNOW I'm having a laugh

Originally Posted by Crazychris

GET OVER IT

CRAZY CHRIS
Absolutely PISSING myself at the above and Pete's comments . The words "head", "straight" "your" and "over" spring to mind . I am taking the piss , I even phoned Steve as he was on his way home from Brunters and TOLD him I had put a post on the BB taking the piss out of him always being there, so he knows I am mucking around with him . Can't believe you all take yourselves (and me) so seriously . Sorry, I didn't mean for you to think I was seriously insulting your boyfriend, as Steve and I just take the piss out of each other .

I'm sure that if Steve is seriously upset with me, he would tell me, as I speak to him on a regular basis (we have a special relationship as well ). I suggest you get a sense of humour, as Steve was laughing and calling me a tosser on the phone when I told him what I had put . If he has now taken it seriously due to you trying to make out that I am being serious, then that is even funnier .
Old 09-12-2004, 10:11 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Administrator

Originally Posted by TiB
Cheers Rod
i would of done if you'd of asked me too any other time than in a PM you sent me an hour AFTER i'd left for brunters

try a phone call next time lol
I think you will find i SENT it immidiately after the one you replied too..

You just RECIEVED it after you left brunters i expect?
Old 09-12-2004, 10:35 AM
PF Ben

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dingy - consider yourself and Tim in mate, thanks for understanding my situation this year and be assured that your two cars are on my 'MUST DO WITHOUT FAIL' list! See you there, will let you know on dates dude.
Cheers,
Ben
Old 09-12-2004, 10:40 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Administrator

Originally Posted by PF Ben
Dingy - consider yourself and Tim in mate, thanks for understanding my situation this year and be assured that your two cars are on my 'MUST DO WITHOUT FAIL' list! See you there, will let you know on dates dude.
Cheers,
Ben
Old 09-12-2004, 11:50 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by The Rapid 1
My car would never run without a Det run as running near 200 is simply not an option without it.
Being asked to run at 90% was an insult can you imagine what shit i would have got on this Forum if i only done a 187. ( Thats the limit on my smaller road tyre)
Dont think anyone ever gonna knock what your car DID achieve (and i mean as in PROVEN not, not gonna do it again )

But i feel these events are better for REAL road cars, as is i would race your car over the quarter with whatever preperation u like to give it and mine will just be driven in off the road how i drive it EVERY day
now u can say mine only run a lowly timed 11.5 (matched on more than one occasion, infact nearly every day i run it last year) but that wasnt this year when i havent actually run it once and it IS faster this year and feel pretty confident it will run a ten the first time i do (oh said it now lol )

How often do you get to really give your car all it got compared to mine on the road.

Basically (sorry Rod didnt mean it to turn into a slatting of you or what you enjoy) but think for the readers of a mag accelleration figures that can be attained day in day out are more representative

Personally wouldnt have minded an invite myself but didnt get to hear about it till late Friday and already had personal plans for that day (but my son will always take first place over that lump of metal called a car )

As for Steve Scott I know he's my "chosen tuner" but hey if u run a mag wouldnt u want to invite someone that is GAURANTEED to give 150% to the day AND everyone there, oh and supply a reasonable car to feature

Only comment id make to Ben and Nick to make it a better day is try and make it just a tad earlier in the year, maybe for a bit better weather, it always fookin freezin at Brunters lol

Steve

(waiting to be shot down for being anti top speed lol )

Rapid
Whats that all about mate, its lost me, mine is one of the few cars that actually drive to the event & its used on the daily commute to work.
The car has all its Power in the car to be used when & if. Yes a 750bhp road car, soon to Top 800, why not ask Yum how fast i drive on the road so please dont make comments on what you assume is facts.
Im confused about the 11.5 qtr statement , mine did a crappy 11.54 on the day of the Topspeed on obviously stupid gearing. Have no idea what your car is capable of mate & dont really care. I thought your car was 4X4 so not comparable over Qtr mile.
Rod
Old 09-12-2004, 11:55 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Cheers Rod
Nah!! He was too busy burning the sausages on the barbie.
His toes were still twinkling though, just waiting for that next 0-60 dash.
Rod
Old 09-12-2004, 12:18 PM
The Rapid 1

The car has all its Power in the car to be used when & if. Yes a 750bhp road car, soon to Top 800, why not ask Yum how fast i drive on the road so please dont make comments on what you assume is facts.
Sorry Rod
Not doubting how fast you drive on the road
Not doubting what your car capable of

JUST disapointed u never run it at the shoot out at 90%, what im trying to say is when i buy my copy of PF it would have been nice to read about your car and what it did at "just 90%", as i recon most of the other readers would have liked to see also.

Dont think anybody expects that everytime u take the car to some sort of feature it will hit 200mph, as u yourself has said that sort of thing takes alot of time and effort to make sure everything working 110%.

Personally got nothing but respect for u and your car

Steve
Old 09-12-2004, 04:32 PM
MAD matt-sab

rapid if rod had run at 90 % and it only did 190 mph etc everyone would habe dissed him and mark as 1 day wounders and it was only a 1 off after all etc etc
people gauge others cars/tuners on their performance and figures
if u only give 1/2 hearted figures it looks bad on all concerned imo
matt
Old 09-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 223 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by MAD matt-sab
rapid if rod had run at 90 % and it only did 190 mph etc everyone would habe dissed him and mark as 1 day wounders and it was only a 1 off after all etc etc
people gauge others cars/tuners on their performance and figures
if u only give 1/2 hearted figures it looks bad on all concerned imo
matt
Matt I could not have said it better myself .

Mark
Old 09-12-2004, 04:47 PM
PF Ben

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not if the 80% figures would have thrashed everyone else trying at 100%
Ben
Old 09-12-2004, 04:51 PM
MAD matt-sab

ben u may have a good point BUT figures are still figures weather or not u beat everyone else means little if there is little to beat to begin with

mark no probs

Quick Reply: News from Brunters Cossie Thrash Today...