General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

fast ford /performance ford

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 08:33 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fast ford /performance ford

just got pf this morning had a look through and 2 of the cars are the same as fast ford that was out erlier lol what a let down
Old 06-05-2009, 08:34 PM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

It happens

Had mine in both at one point

Steve
Old 06-05-2009, 08:35 PM
dakar
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only ever buy fast ford tbh mate
Old 06-05-2009, 08:37 PM
jaimesdna

its not the mags fault but the owners. dont know why people dont wait a few years (& some more mods) before getting their car re featured in another mag. im sure it must piss the mags off too
Old 06-05-2009, 08:43 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

can i get e refund for this months lol
Old 06-05-2009, 08:55 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Unfortunately not all owners tell the truth, and even when asked directly don't tell the truth about whether it's been (or being) featured elsewhere. Believe me it pisses us of as much as anyone!

One of the cars was shot by us and after a tip off told PF we'd shot it. They choose to run with it anyway. I had a 'gentlemans agreement' with Dave, but unfortunately it looks like it's not going to work that way now. We'll be more vigilant and will do all we can to avoid it!

Last edited by DanW@FastFord; 06-05-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:56 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i only buy either for the tech stuff otherwise they gettin a bit dull but ff is best for me

Trending Topics

Old 06-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I wouldn't worry to much, Dan. Their magazine is shit. I've heard from a view people it's on it's arse, which isn't nice to see. But when competing against FF you can only see why.

Benni.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:10 PM
rstdave
PassionFord Post Troll

Does amaze me that people manage to get their cars in both mags the same month, don't know why anyone would want two identical write ups! Fast Ford for me, they did my feature and i couldn't fault them in fairness with stand places/tickets etc. Performance Ford seems to have gone to the dogs now Dave and the miserable one have left, and the budget they used to use on project cars in the past no wonder they're not doin too well!
Old 06-05-2009, 09:22 PM
gus
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rstdave
Dave and the miserable one have left!

the miserable one

who is that, he seemed chirpy when i see him at central day
Old 06-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Nikki
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Awwhh Bless him Nick isn't missriable! He was happy at Pod as he was finally able to enjoy a show for once,,,lol In stead of working working working,,,lol!!!

As Dan said your always get porkie pie'rs who blag the mags, annoying for all!

But then again they are better then reading Max Power or alike ay,,,,lol I saw that on the newsagents shelf the other day,,,,HOW Expensive :shock:

xxx
Old 06-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Easy to see why owners want their car in both mags IMHO, its twice the exposure for their car at the end of the day

But definately not very fair on the people who buy both mags obviously.

Last edited by Chip; 06-05-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:33 PM
capri
PF's PFer

Evening all, I'm Alex, currently the staff writer on PF. Some of you will know me from the variety of Ford clubs I've been a member of over the last few years, but most of you won't (and you're the lucky ones!)

Just wanted to stick my head above the parapet and to address some of the issues brought up here.

Firstly, Dan, it was good to meet you at Central Day the other day; as staff writer it's not my place to comment on the gentleman's agreement you speak of, but I think I'm right in saying that we are still just as keen to work together to ensure this sort of thing is as rare an occurrence as it possibly can be.

With regards to the comments raised about the quality of the magazine and the proof-reading issues, it's something we are aware of and we're working to deal with as quickly as possible. Please bear with us on this one; we are listening!

I'd like to think the mag isn't dying on its arse, but we are always open to constructive criticism and looking for ways to improve. If you're disappointed with its content for any particular reason, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll be happy to listen to and discuss any ideas you might have. (Note: that means any ideas which aren't along the lines of 'Sack that bearded c**t of a staff writer you've got at the moment' )

Cheers
Alex
Old 06-05-2009, 10:43 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 372 Likes on 347 Posts

What i find strange is when these mags ask for feature cars the owner gets told its bland or don't have the right brakes etc etc

Tbh the car in question is very mint and worth a feature imo

so imo to get a feature you have to fall into one of these

1. Big brakes
2. big bhp
3.A rally rep or track car
4.A Ford with a non ford engine

Paul
Old 06-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Chip

I got front cover of FF without any of those things, largely by being a bit more original with the colour, although it was (not any more, had too much abuse since) a well turned out car as well.

At the end of the day, it does get a bit boring reading about a stage 3 saph every month and all that is different to the month before is the colour of the samcos, so I can see why they find big bhp and track cars etc interesting.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:50 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 372 Likes on 347 Posts

Chip yours is on every rear cover too

Paul
Old 06-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Chip

Not any more mate, that stopped a few months ago.

Think it lasted about 3 years though :O
Old 06-05-2009, 11:27 PM
lee2cossies
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Performance ford needs Ben Birch back! Was at its best back then with all the best feature cars from all over the world.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:38 PM
nickscunny

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have bought both mags every month for years.....
Old 06-05-2009, 11:39 PM
morph
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

One thing i would like to see from both of these mags along with their sister mags more unbias write-ups about certain products that these mags rant and rave about!
i for one have purchased products directly on the review both of these mags gave only to find out that the product was no better than what i had before! really annoys me!
press office gets freebies for their own motors aslong as the review of the product is good or postive!
Old 06-05-2009, 11:40 PM
Chip

Morph, if the press office gets freebies for saying stuff is good, surely they still wouldnt say that shit stuff was good, or they would just end up with free shit stuff?

Your argument seems a little flawed
Old 06-05-2009, 11:58 PM
Micky

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What I personnally loved in Perf Ford was the "Beat the ST/Dorf" feature.Because it made the owner of a modified car prove that their car was quick,or not!So many features have the owners state its 300/400/700 BHP,but there's no evidence to support these claims.At least with beat the dorf the bullsh*t stops when the stopwatch starts!!!And for some reason,that I didnt see this feature is now gone from inside P/Ford.Regards,Micky
Old 06-05-2009, 11:59 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

so what is the real story behind both dave and nick leaving PF so quick??? seems a bit suspect to be coincidence that they both got better jobs just like that!!

Maybe they did a "Tony Blair" jumped ship just before the shit storm hit the fan
Old 07-05-2009, 06:22 AM
capri
PF's PFer

Firstly, with regard to the 'real story' behind Dave and Nick leaving at the same time, I know there are a few dark rumours floating about the place but I can assure you that all the ones I've heard so far have been rubbish. There really is nothing more to it than meets the eye. For starters, I think both had been doing PF for five years and wanted to try doing something different. Dave was offered a pretty cool job and decided to take the opportunity while he could, and a couple of months afterwards, Nick decided he'd been in the game too long and wanted to go and do something else too. I know my telling you this probably won't change hard-held beliefs, but we don't really have such thing as a corporate line at PF; both guys are still doing some freelance work for both PF and RF so there's been no falling out or discord, and I think it's fair to say that we still have a good working relationship with both of them.

Micky, glad you like Beat the ST, but I'm puzzled as to why you think it's gone - it's one of our favourite features too, it's still alive and well, and even features in the current issue. Enjoy!

Morph, we do speak as we find, and I think it's fair to say that if we do find a duff product which doesn't cut the mustard, we won't try to hide that. Of course, that said, much of what you can buy for your car aftermarket will bring an improvement, and as Chip suggested, we'll only try and review the good stuff, the stuff that you might be interested in buying, so it's not often we come across a duff product. However, the one thing I will say is to keep an eye out for more side-by-side product tests which will give you a better idea of how we rate each product against its competitors.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:31 AM
Rossco
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by lee2cossies
Performance ford needs Ben Birch back! Was at its best back then with all the best feature cars from all over the world.
Dont think many traders would like to see him back
Old 07-05-2009, 07:01 AM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Well ive just bitten the bullet ad subscribed to FF. Im constantly buying the ones i see in the shop so i might aswell get it sent to me for less money!!!

If Pf would like to offer me a good subscription deal i could always do a monthly comparison of the mags Lol.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:11 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

i see fastford maturity shines through again

Originally Posted by costina
What i find strange is when these mags ask for feature cars the owner gets told its bland or don't have the right brakes etc etc

Tbh the car in question is very mint and worth a feature imo

so imo to get a feature you have to fall into one of these

1. Big brakes
2. big bhp
3.A rally rep or track car
4.A Ford with a non ford engine

Paul

I think the fact if a car is a popular brand then its very difficult to be different ! you only need to walk around a show and the main difference between cars are just colour so i can see the mags have a hard time finding cars that will be interest
Old 07-05-2009, 07:19 AM
bigbill
Regular Contributor

I agree, although I think Nick and Dave where damn fine aswell. Just preffered the type of car that was featured in the Ben and Keith times.

IMHO the last couple of issues of PF have been pretty woefull, just the cars keeping intrest because the writing isint!
Old 07-05-2009, 07:28 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rossco
Dont think many traders would like to see him back

Why not?
Old 07-05-2009, 07:32 AM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The last few issues of PF have been crap and l have flicked through them in whsmiths and not picked them up,

Mike
Old 07-05-2009, 08:07 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by costina
I've never turned a car away for being 'too bland', nor for having the 'wrong brakes'. If you want to point me in the direction of the car I'll let you know if it's a feature car, or if it's not, why not.

Originally Posted by morph
One thing i would like to see from both of these mags along with their sister mags more unbias write-ups about certain products that these mags rant and rave about!
Such as?
Old 07-05-2009, 08:13 AM
Sticky.
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Benni
I wouldn't worry to much, Dan. Their magazine is shit.
Another stupid Benni statment....

Both magazines are for Ford petrol heads. FF has become a great mag to read over the past 12/18months & it's a credit to all involved. I still prefer PF & always will, but thats just me.

Another great issus from both mags
Old 07-05-2009, 08:15 AM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

im on with getting a few cars ready for ff and one still has ford brakes shock
Old 07-05-2009, 08:37 AM
fiestaboy
Virgin

Smile

can sum1 tell me what cars in performance ford this month?? i think the mag is really good but i struggle to find it anywhere.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:47 AM
smila
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

fastford all the way,pf is abit crap not much of a read!keep up all the good work fastford crew!!
Old 07-05-2009, 09:37 AM
155lee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 117 Posts

i used to have a subscription for both but only pick up a copy when im in the newsagents and see it on them on the shelf.what annoys me about pf is the paper pages in the middle with the same stats every month about fastest times for cars,fair enough once a year but not every month,is that there to fill the mag up as its a waste of space.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Chip

155lee, its a difficult one for the mags deciding what info to repeat, as at the end of the day, anyone picking PF up for the first time is likely to find that table very interesting, people who read it every month though as less likely to do so as they've seen it all before.

We do a similar thing in total vauxall, we have a "league of gentlemen" for rolling road results, and lots of readers really like it, and it gives people something to aim for on the monthly rolling road shootout that we do, but its only 1 page in this instance, and changes are highlighted so that anyone who reads it every month can see the info that is most likely to interest them at a glance.
For us that seems to work well, but im sure there are both some readers who would like to see more of this and some who would like to see less, its rarely possible to please everyone.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Ade
Fast Ford snapper

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jacko
just got pf this morning had a look through and 2 of the cars are the same as fast ford that was out erlier lol what a let down
One mag did shoot both of the respective cars first
Old 07-05-2009, 10:11 AM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Dave & Nick done plenty of overseas cars, so why Ben Birch? of did you enjoy his 'new project' a few times a year that never got finished

the new PF guys need a chance to catch up

as for mags, they never seem as good these days as you find out stuff on the net first rather than waiting for the mags like a few years back....
Old 07-05-2009, 12:38 PM
PF Luke
Virgin

Hi there

At the risk of sticking my head into the lion's den I thought I'd just comment on a couple of things in this thread.

First up, everyone is entitled to their own opinion on magazines and for the most part any criticism is welcomed. We might be a new team at PF but we've got our eyes and ears open and we're 100 per cent committed to continuing the hard work of our predecessors.

Regarding the doubling up of features in the current issues of PF and FF, this was more to do with the owners, rather than any deliberate attempt by either party to scupper the other mag. It's disappointing and annoying for those that buy both, which is why we always make a point of asking the owner of a feature car before a photoshoot, but sometimes cars slip through the net. All I can say is we'll re-double efforts to prevent it in the future.

Cheers, Luke

Quick Reply: fast ford /performance ford