General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Traffic warden and answering your mobile question...............

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 09:33 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Traffic warden and answering your mobile question...............

If you was driving along and your phone rang, and you pulled up to the side of the road to answer it........................

BUT

A traffic warden walked along................

Does he move you on, even though you are on the phone......or does he have to let you stay there as you are not allowed to drive while on the phone??????????????

I ask this as today i was sat outside a shop waiting for the missus to come out and the traffic warden said i couldnt stop there......so i moved on, Not a problem. But it got me thinking, if i was on the phone could he still move me on??????

Last edited by TIFF; 01-05-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:38 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

They usually look over and if I am on the phone, just bod on.

Depends, some are goons, some are sound. I supose the law would say you are to pull over in a safe place, and somewhere you are not allowed to park would be deemed unsafe in most cases?
Old 02-05-2009, 06:28 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nope by law you must park on a meter to stop and recive a call,,, the only time its deemed acceptable to stop is to feed a small child
Old 02-05-2009, 06:40 AM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

just tell em to fuck off and get a real job
Old 02-05-2009, 06:44 AM
brad
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately the laws regarding phone use state you must pull over somewhere safe and LEGAL . so no u cant.
However , if you were to keep moving the car backwards and forwards (1mph will do) they cant ticket you as the vehcle has to be stationary. sounds a pain in the arse but worth it simply because it winds the wardens up
Old 02-05-2009, 10:40 AM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

He would move you on, and if you chose to continue on the phone, you would be fined if he the power to do so, else a copper will jump out the bush and do it instead.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Not relevant but a traffic warden story!!!

By my work there is a few roads where you dont need to pay for parking, so it gets very busy' and now the local traffic wardens have started to park there also, Now a few days ago one of them parks WELL OVER the line and blocking the pavement in fact so much so that there was probably only a two foot gap between his car and our yard wall' so anyway one of our lads see a different traffic warden and said "ain't you going to put a ticket on that" and he said " No thats one of our guys cars "

Now this is where it gets good

We as a hire firm hire to the local council and his BOSS so phone him up and shortly after im by the gate and guess what' yep he has got a ticket and he is stood there getting a bollocking from his supervisor but by this time he has moved it back in line and took a photo and saying whats the problem' so he sees me and asks if anyone has complained and i say" Dont no but the car was well out side the box this morning" and going on that i didnt know who's car it was even tho i did ...

then it really kicks off as more guys turn up with a recovery truck but then they see who's car it was so wont lift it

So any how later that day the boss comes to see us as he pops in now and then to have a laugh and joke' so we are stood by the gate again and guess who drives past on his moped' yep the same warden who's car it is' so he gets stopped by his boss gets told off again and now his boss is looking in to the fact that a truck got issued and didnt lift the car

Heads are going to roll

Last edited by Miller 3; 02-05-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:00 PM
foxy06
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wot goes around eh! Nice one mate!