General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Mclaren escape a ban!!

Search this Thread

Old 29-04-2009, 12:56 PM
saffsta
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mclaren escape a ban!!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...254835,00.html

Looks like they live to fight another day

Personally i thought they were going to get proper screwed.

Last edited by saffsta; 29-04-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 29-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Well no, they have escaped a ban. The ban has been suspended and will take effect if they are naughty boys and girls.
Old 29-04-2009, 01:13 PM
saffsta

Originally Posted by doesntbelong
Well no, they have escaped a ban. The ban has been suspended and will take effect if they are naughty boys and girls.
Yeah now i look at it, worded it wrong. What a tool lol
Old 29-04-2009, 01:28 PM
STEVEST24
ST by Name and by Nature

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

McLaren very lucky, I expected more after the spygate saga. Poor old Lewis is bit of a robot as far as McLaren concerned, needs more emotion and to think for himself.
Old 29-04-2009, 02:00 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

which cunt decided to open his fingers before engaging his brain then

Originally Posted by some dumb cunt
It's not fair that Lewis Hamilton is being punished through the actions of his superiors
the article explained how both lewis and the other sacked fella both lied to race officials and he's now making st lewis out to be holier than thou

twat

it does make a mockery of the system though, if one of the smaller teams got caught i would bet Ł to pence that they'd get booted without a seconds thought
Old 29-04-2009, 02:04 PM
gingerman
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

mclaren were pissed off though weren't they
i know thats no excuse but still
Old 29-04-2009, 02:25 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by gingerman
mclaren were pissed off though weren't they
i know thats no excuse but still
they were only pissed off because they got caught blatently lying through their teeth worse than many politicians

if they hadn't been caught then they would have happily been waving to the fans and kissing babies etc like the sun shone out of their collective arses

Trending Topics

Old 29-04-2009, 03:38 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

the reason it was lenient is because although they lied, it wasnt to gain a place, as trulli wasnt entitled to come back past lewis regardless, so they wouldnt have been benefitting from their lie anyway. Also they've been stripped of their points from Aus anyway so done and dusted IMO, fair result as long as they are good boys!
Old 29-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Plus dont forget the other person involved other than lewis has been sacked so tbh would be out of order on ANY team to punish the whole team and ban them from the season whn they had nothing to do with it!!

Dont forget if they were booted out other ppls jobs could go etc which wouldnt be fair!!

Bit of a shit as it means any infraction will go against them and as its 12months it'll carry on till next season!! but hey ho thats what u get for lying
Old 29-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Barry_GTi
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good!!

They are a cheating bunch of bastards in my opinion. They do not conduct themselves in a sporting fashion at all and I personally think they are lucky to have got away with just a suspended penalty, lets face it that is not even a penalty if the team actually behave themselves.

They lied
They got caught
End of
Old 29-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

and ur a cock in my opinion, that ok with u?!

The actions of 2 ppl doesnt make a whole fucking team a bunch of 'cheating bastards' does it.

If brawn etc would have had their diffuser classed as illegal would they have been cheating bastards too then?!!
Old 29-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Barry_GTi
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes that is ok with me, I have never met you, probably never will and couldn't care less what your opinion of me is.

I think the Brawn diffuser is a TOTALLY different scenario. In every form of motorsport interpretation of the rules is very important.

I will clarify slightly, that the top level of that team are a bunch of cheating bastards, I am sure the tyre changers don't have much say in matters. You can't tell me that the actions of the 2 men in question was not known be certain other top team members........

Either way I couldn't give a shit, they cheated and got caught, there is no "I" in "Team" as they say.
Old 29-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

So you personally know the top level of the team then to be able to comment on them?!

The diffuser issue if gone the other way would have made it illegal thus making the teams using it having knowingly fitted an illegal part making them as much or more a bunch of cheats having fitted it, no?!

PS i dont know u either so dont think ur a cock was just making a point, aint really fair blaming ppl that had nothing to do with it or calling them cheats when all they do is turn up for a job everyday like anyone else

Not dissagreeing that they made a mistake and lied and if the FIA find anything ther not happy about in the next 12 months their fucked so have shot themselve in the foot. But how many other teams have done dis honest things?! just a few lol

Last edited by Toe Knee; 29-04-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 29-04-2009, 07:43 PM
xrsi
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

to be fair the brawn defuser issue is completely different!

for a start one of the team isnt standing there saying there is no defuser! lol and its interpritation of ruels, numerous teams have tried to get away with things other peope have not thought of and had them ruled against that would be the same. but to knowingly stand there and say i was not told to let him overtake when he was is just plain stupid when the cars record if you fart never mind anything else and i would bet that all radio transmitions are recorded also! so bit stupid!
Old 29-04-2009, 07:49 PM
G950KDT

people love to criticise ferrari and the FIA for being up each others arseholes...... but from what i can see, mclaren are the ones doing the dirty using underhand tactics, the sentance they got was a light one compared to what they could have had, and the fact they tried to cover it up and then make one of their guys take the fall so lewis wouldnt be disqualified or banned for the season pretty much sums up what theyre like....... shame on mclaren and i hope that they screw up at some point and are thrown out the season, too long have they gone unpunished for their ways of "dodging" the system to gain an advantage.
Old 29-04-2009, 08:09 PM
delboyxr3i

i don't know what mclaren have turned into,but i've been a loyal supporter of theirs for many years because of the way they worked as a team with determination & fighting spirit.the likes of senna,prost,hakkinen etc...
but lately all that seems to be getting replaced by win at all costs including cheating/lying.this is the ultimate motorsport & requires the ultimate dedication & team which mclaren always were.
it saddens me to say i am disgusted with mclarens conduct over the recent seasons.
as for the difuser debate,more than 1 team used this as they interpreted the new regs to be legal.well done to them for being knowledgeable enough to exploit this flaw in the regs.
but exploiting a regulation to your advantage does not get even close to lying & cheating.
so lewis sort you're fucking head & team out.cheats never win.
p.s.congrats to jenson for his determination & loyalty.no1 deserves it more than you.

Last edited by delboyxr3i; 29-04-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 29-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Rcjm88
Zetec S Owners

Originally Posted by Barry_GTi
there is no "I" in "Team" as they say.
No, but theres an "I" in "Winner" lol
Old 29-04-2009, 08:24 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Barry_GTi
there is no "I" in "Team" as they say.
But there is some 'meat'
Old 30-04-2009, 07:26 AM
saffsta

Lets hope they get back to getting their car up to scratch, and get rid of kovalainen