General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

'White People Caused The Credit Crunch'

Search this Thread

Old 26-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 'White People Caused The Credit Crunch'

According to the brazilian president that is

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Pol...g_Gordon_Brown
Old 27-03-2009, 09:26 AM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does he not have a point. We in the West (predominantly white), have been raised on credit, for the last 40 odd years. Credit for houses, car, credit cards. Who here has no debts? If everyone (including business) saved for everything, then we wouldn't have a problem, no?
Old 27-03-2009, 09:34 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

white bankers gave money to poor black farmers
then more white men went round door to door giving these poor black farmers mortages far in excess of he values of their properties
these white men then blamed the black man for being poor and not giving them their money back
the black man was too busy buying shit up with all this free money the daft white man was giving to him

for the porpuses of simplicity, all white men are depicted as bankers and all black men are depicted as poor, even though there are some white women who are bankers and black women who have saved their pennies
Old 27-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we do rely on credit too much tbh, prob 30% of the average income of this country is paying of debt interest ( well working mans income that is) thats just a guess though based on what people pay on car loans, credit cards and morgages per month

though the credit is what kept the country technically so rich too, we could spend more so more shite got made,, more people working so we could spend even more

its when businesses got greedy selling stuff for too much ( worth what someone is willing to pay), houses went WAY WAY WAY too high due to the banks loaning too much money to people as they earnt more cash per transaction on interest, the government should have also got richer though as more tax was being paied over all based on the more people working, making cash in hand work alot harder to do than back in the 80's, VAT they earnt from anything sold, not to mention the other hidden taxes like parking tickets to fund the councils, speeding fines, raising the vat on insurance from 7% to 17.5%, taking away the pension contributions they made, the company car tax they invented, they even introduced the minimum wage,, that means factory workers who where paied 3 quid a hour up north now got a alot more than they did so they also paied more taxes too

WHERE HAS ALL THAT MONEY GONE !!!, thats the part i dont get, almost 50% of the average income is spent on tax over all, then we get loans/morgages to spend even more on interest to pay the rich bankers bonuses,,, yet them bonuses are also taxed at a higher amount than normal poor people like us pay,,, theres alot of cash being lost and no real answers for it IMO

but as said i dont get government so im simplfying my opinion which could be totally wrong in the way i look at it
Old 27-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Barry R
PassionFord Post Troll

If a white man said it was the black mans fault there would be outrage every1 running around screaming racism so why is it all right for him to say that aint that racism
Old 27-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

why do people take terms the wrong way,, if you talk to someone from asia they refer to us as westerners,,, its just a way to identify people/culture as its the white mans world that relys on loans rather than,,,, well brazil who aint white
Old 27-03-2009, 10:44 AM
Barry R
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Ginge !
why do people take terms the wrong way,, if you talk to someone from asia they refer to us as westerners,,, its just a way to identify people/culture as its the white mans world that relys on loans rather than,,,, well brazil who aint white
I know that but what i am saying is if we said that the same way we would be classed as racists true
Old 27-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Congratulations to the brazilian president for stating the obvious
Old 27-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
white bankers gave money to poor black farmers
then more white men went round door to door giving these poor black farmers mortages far in excess of he values of their properties
these white men then blamed the black man for being poor and not giving them their money back
the black man was too busy buying shit up with all this free money the daft white man was giving to him

for the porpuses of simplicity, all white men are depicted as bankers and all black men are depicted as poor, even though there are some white women who are bankers and black women who have saved their pennies

Fuck me your Racist against white people

Not all white people are Wankers ,lol,

STONE HIM ,,STONE HIM ,,
Old 27-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by Barry R
I know that but what i am saying is if we said that the same way we would be classed as racists true

100% agree , but thats how it is now , if your white you cant say fook all
Old 27-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Barry R

only by morons who fail to understand the concept of what someone is saying but instead trying to find a argument not related to the comment

ive got mates from all over, most of em dont get touchy with someone calling them back or refering to them by type discription, it when you use it to condem a culture with things like " all black people are drug dealers" or " all india people smell of curry" ect ect

saying its harder to use the "black people dont borrow money" as a comment in a country thats cosmopolitan as such

people take the race thing WAY WAY too much to heart,, my best mate accepts people over a certain age are naturally racist in a negative way,,,, he puts it down to how they was brought up and rather than use it as a way to argue he feels sorry for people who are that ignorant of life and belives there must be other stuff they miss out on due to there ignorance

my old man aint racist,, yet refuses to eat foreign food on holiday,,, wont entertain it as he wont like it yet hes never tried it
Old 27-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Bloody hell , now im a moron aswell ,lol,
Old 27-03-2009, 11:09 AM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was thinking for around 5 minutes this morning but if you are white english/britsih person what group have you got that stands up for your rights?is there actually a exclusive club anymore that is just for white english/british man that no one else is allowed in?including women!
Old 27-03-2009, 11:12 AM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

only by morons who fail to understand the concept of what someone is saying but instead trying to find a argument not related to the comment

ive got mates from all over, most of em dont get touchy with someone calling them back or refering to them by type discription, it when you use it to condem a culture with things like " all black people are drug dealers" or " all india people smell of curry" ect ect

saying its harder to use the "black people dont borrow money" as a comment in a country thats cosmopolitan as such

people take the race thing WAY WAY too much to heart,, my best mate accepts people over a certain age are naturally racist in a negative way,,,, he puts it down to how they was brought up and rather than use it as a way to argue he feels sorry for people who are that ignorant of life and belives there must be other stuff they miss out on due to there ignorance

my old man aint racist,, yet refuses to eat foreign food on holiday,,, wont entertain it as he wont like it yet hes never tried it

I have to say is not white people who play the race card all the time tho!If we do we are classes as a racist and a member of the bnp
Old 27-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
100% agree , but thats how it is now , if your white you cant say fook all
no i think its more about trying to get rid of predudice, someone has to stand back and hope others follow

gay people in the 80's and early 90's went as accepted,,,, people ran and avoided them leaving them like they did with other cultures to get on there own lives, i remember drinking with barrow boys in the pubs of kilburn when gay people where NOT accepted, they was bullied and made to feel unwelcome doe to others ignorance and looking to aim arguments for no reason other than bully people to make them selves feel better inside

now look, how many gay people on here, businesses LOVE gay people as they tend to have a higher disposable income so due to this we are starting to be come more accepting as we follow others and how they see people

i think predudice is sad,,, we all talk on here about hating the polish,,, comments about sending them back,,, from people whos grandads came over here from other places

guess we all need something to moan about
Old 27-03-2009, 11:13 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

you're all cunts - i say
Old 27-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by mechanic28
I was thinking for around 5 minutes this morning but if you are white english/britsih person what group have you got that stands up for your rights?is there actually a exclusive club anymore that is just for white english/british man that no one else is allowed in?including women!
why would you WANT to be in a club thats just proper english people ? is there a difference between someone from france/germany/wales/scotland/poland

we have different cultures but some of them are interesting,, some of them are just plain stupid and idiotic

going to another country you will miss things and thats why other countrys set up places to make the travelers feel a little bit of home,,, NO BODY MOANS ABOUT ST PATRICKS NIGHT or the irish centres all over the place,,, not interested as we dont class them as another kind as we grew up with them and so did our parents,,, other countrys are still relatively new to our generations so we are at a transitional period of change over,,,, then it will happen again and again and again with others who "dare to migrate"

we all live in the same world,, look at other countrys as your neighbours rather than enemys
Old 27-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

ps: we are also to blame as we where the country who built boats in the first place and we discovered other places and showed them the outside world too remember !!!
Old 27-03-2009, 11:28 AM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

What i am saying that there is the british muslim group,the black police group and many other groups that we as white british people are not allowed in,yet they is no group that can just stick up for white british people that say no blacks/muslims are allowed in!can you imagine what would happen if you tried this!yet it is fair for all other groups to have a associations exclusive for them!Which imo helps racism between these groups
Old 27-03-2009, 11:30 AM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Gordon Brown, Tony Blair, George Bush....yup, you can see how his point is although a little discriminating and racist, is justified...
Old 27-03-2009, 11:34 AM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

ps: we are also to blame as we where the country who built boats in the first place and we discovered other places and showed them the outside world too remember !!!

Thats rubbish!the reason is because british people are too conscious and we actually try our best for people compared to other countries who had a empire!do you actually think we was the only country who took slaves?Do you actually know the facts about slavery with regards to the british/french/portuguese and dutch empires?

Who was the country who banned slavery?

What was the only empire who educated them,gave them law and order railways etc that they all still use to this date!How many of this countries have actually done better being independent from us??a hand full imo!
Old 27-03-2009, 11:42 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Last 40 years on credit?

When I was young and living at home none of my parents or theirt friends had credit on anything but cars and houses?

Oh and if I look out of the office window, no way is the west predominantly white either!
Old 27-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Barry R
PassionFord Post Troll

All i was saying is if we usedthat term then it would be classed as racism

I aint racist i hate every 1 equally even the wife
Old 27-03-2009, 11:45 AM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Mondeo Man
Last 40 years on credit?

When I was young and living at home none of my parents or theirt friends had credit on anything but cars and houses?

Oh and if I look out of the office window, no way is the west predominantly white either!
your office window must be dirty
Old 27-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Barry R
PassionFord Post Troll

Ps the last line was a joke
Old 27-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a massive fan of sweeping generalisations... e.g. all Black people rob, steal and pillage.

This is what annoys me about society... if Gordon Brown turned round and said Black people have caused credit problems in the world there would a. be uproar and b. people wouldn't believe him.

Black people can say what they want about white people there are no repurcussions.

IN MY OPINION!!!!
Old 27-03-2009, 12:01 PM
panelbeater
PassionFord Regular

by heck did that thread turn!!! although i agree with ginge, i did vote bnp and yes i did get called a racist for doing such a thing! i'd just like to know where MY freedom of speech went!!!

Last edited by panelbeater; 27-03-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 27-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by doesntbelong

This is what annoys me about society... if Gordon Brown turned round and said Black people have caused credit problems in the world there would a. be uproar and b. people wouldn't believe him.

thats because it would be a lie also, its cause we are majority of white people that would make it a lie OBV

just like when that police chief said most criminals are black,,,, he was made to appologise as it was a statment that was untrue due to all the white people living in manchester, newcastle and liverpool
Old 27-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

why he picking on white people? or is it just a coincidence
Old 27-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by ultimate sleeper
he aint hes refering to a part of the world in a way that people understand what hes saying,,, hence you are all taking offence
Old 27-03-2009, 12:18 PM
It's Czech Mate

Its a racist generalisation, same as saying most crime is committed by blacks
Old 27-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

So, some one should say to him, all brazillians are drug dealers and shemales...

I aint white by the way, but im 100% british beef
Old 27-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

no, they just make the base there, they are all crazy though as i work with alot of em
Old 27-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Barry R
PassionFord Post Troll

No matter which way you say it IT IS A RACIST REMARK
Old 27-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Fezza
H71 CNX

Is it racist to state a general fact?

The vast majority of people working in the financial sector (insurance, stock-markets, hedge-funds etc etc etc) tend to be white middle-class.

The financial sector (and governments etc) have caused the current economic situation, ergo white people caused the current economic slump.

Racism is defined as ' ... a belief or ideology that all members of a racial group possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially to distinguish it as being either superior or inferior to another racial group or racial groups.' (Oxford English Dictionary 2009).

I would suggest the remark was a generalisation (albeit overall correct) rather than racist.

Oh, and the money that the banks were borrowing to lend to us all was from the Middle East and other oil-rich countries, so the blame for this crisis could be placed at the feet of Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, etc etc, but with terrorism being high on political agendas, and with the functioning of western economies being reliant on oil, (along with lucrative trade deals with BAE and other defence contractors) nobody wants to upset the Middle East...
Old 27-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

No one wants to upset the middle east? how about the yanks and brits going in and taking out the government and put their own approved ones in there and the fact that the wars have been for the oil, but with the help of the media, have instead called it war on terror? who is getting terrified?

...that is another coversation all together
Old 27-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Fezza
H71 CNX

People forget...who put the current rulers of the middle east in their positions anyway?
Old 27-03-2009, 02:34 PM
It's Czech Mate

Originally Posted by Fezza
Is it racist to state a general fact?

The vast majority of people working in the financial sector (insurance, stock-markets, hedge-funds etc etc etc) tend to be white middle-class.

The financial sector (and governments etc) have caused the current economic situation, ergo white people caused the current economic slump.

Racism is defined as ' ... a belief or ideology that all members of a racial group possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially to distinguish it as being either superior or inferior to another racial group or racial groups.' (Oxford English Dictionary 2009).

I would suggest the remark was a generalisation (albeit overall correct) rather than racist.
I would say its racist based on that definition he's attaching negative connotations to a racial group to make them look worse than another racial group

Since when was the credit crunch defined by white or Black people?????

It's just as bad as saying "I blame all the black monkey fuckers for AIDS"

Racism only works one way in our stupid society
Old 27-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Mondeo Man
It's just as bad as saying "I blame all the black monkey fuckers for AIDS"
Wernt it made in a US army lab, then dispatched to africa. Another way to have control under 'them'
Old 27-03-2009, 02:40 PM
It's Czech Mate

Wernt it made in a US army lab, then dispatched to africa. Another way to have control under 'them'
Proved my point exactly...I was just quoting another stupid racist generalisation but white to black is always viewed as racist whereas black to white isnt!

Quick Reply: 'White People Caused The Credit Crunch'