General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Metallica - Tomorrow Night NEC

Search this Thread

Old 24-03-2009, 10:17 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Metallica - Tomorrow Night NEC

Anyone want a very cheap ticket.........
Old 25-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

I take it you carnt go.I would love to go see these but its a bit to far away from where i live.
Old 25-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Same here! Desperately trying to get a ticket for the London O2 gig on the 28th!!!!
Old 25-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Benn 304R
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thrush, check ebay, plenty there.
I got a pair for Ł100 picking them up tonight.

Gonna be awsome, cant wait!!!!!
Old 25-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Ellie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

omg i really want to go. anyone know when they are up north?? manchester???

if id seen this yesterday id probably have gone B'ham tonight

eta- checked their site, missed manchester gigs

Last edited by Ellie; 25-03-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 25-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Benn - trouble is I only want one! And single tickets keep selling for Ł80-Ł100 - which I can't afford!

I saw them at the O2 at the beginning of the month (March 2nd) but was only able to get a seated ticket, and really wanna see them again but with a standing ticket (get there nice and early and get me a spot on the barrier!) but I can't get a ticket for around the Ł50-Ł60 mark. Don't wanna pay more than that as face value is Ł45 and I've already paid Ł50 to see them once this month!

Don't suppose you wanna sell me one of your tickets do ya?
Old 25-03-2009, 06:48 PM
coozer
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

I'm going to see them at the o2 Saturday for the second time this month, Glen the train ticket from Durham was only Ł25 return.

Saw them at the Arena Newcastle 2 weeks ago, they were awesome

Only downfall is missing the Scotch Corner meet Sunday

Last edited by coozer; 25-03-2009 at 06:52 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 25-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

I'm seeing them again on the 28th. Think this will be my last Metallica show for a while. Feel that every show has been the same. Nothing different but a few extra/different songs.

They are my Favorite band of all time but the live shows aren't doing it for me any more.
Old 25-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Benn 304R
10K+ Poster!!

Thrush.......NO lol

Ive heard lemmy is gonna be there aswell, read that on the metclub forum.
Also those going by train, dont forget the jubilee line is suspended that night.
Old 25-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by stillbornhq
I'm seeing them again on the 28th. Think this will be my last Metallica show for a while. Feel that every show has been the same. Nothing different but a few extra/different songs.

They are my Favorite band of all time but the live shows aren't doing it for me any more.
Strange - over the years I've seen them they've just been getting better and better, and the gig at the beginning of the month was no exception! Probably the best I've seen them play. They were probably tighter when I last saw them (2003 Madly In Anger With The World tour) but this time around they had the same level of execution, but had loosened up a little, which reminded me of the old days... Yeah back in the day they were shit hot, and the black album tour was probably their best days (tho I still think they rocked it harder on the Justice tour) and they much more relaxed back then - probably due in large part to James' drinking... But the Anger tour had complete focus on being bang on every note, clinical execution and no fucking up! This time round the same applied, but more relaxed and more about putting on a good show and having a good time, than being overly anal about every note.

Shame James' voice is beginning to falter tho! He really struggled to hit some of the high notes!

As for last gig for a while - probably gonna be one of the last times you're gonna see them over here unless it's a major festival... They are my fave band of all time too, but how much time do I think they have left? Not a lot sadly. They are getting old, very much been there, done that, drank it all, and I'm not sure they have any albums left in them to tour with!

Gone are the days of 300 dates over 30+countries, and gone are the days of staying out on the road for three years at a time....

I just don't think they can pull it off for much longer, and almost kinda hope they go out gracefully, and not like some bands that drag it out flogging the proverbial dead horse....
Old 26-03-2009, 10:09 AM
It's Czech Mate

They were awesome last night, they do keep on getting better. Really good setlist and a very very good performance

Hetfield is on another planet. His voice seems to be as strong now as ever. You can tell they're all really enjoying it again

Last edited by It's Czech Mate; 26-03-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 27-03-2009, 12:14 AM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by Thrush
Strange - over the years I've seen them they've just been getting better and better, and the gig at the beginning of the month was no exception! Probably the best I've seen them play. They were probably tighter when I last saw them (2003 Madly In Anger With The World tour) but this time around they had the same level of execution, but had loosened up a little, which reminded me of the old days... Yeah back in the day they were shit hot, and the black album tour was probably their best days (tho I still think they rocked it harder on the Justice tour) and they much more relaxed back then - probably due in large part to James' drinking... But the Anger tour had complete focus on being bang on every note, clinical execution and no fucking up! This time round the same applied, but more relaxed and more about putting on a good show and having a good time, than being overly anal about every note.

Shame James' voice is beginning to falter tho! He really struggled to hit some of the high notes!

As for last gig for a while - probably gonna be one of the last times you're gonna see them over here unless it's a major festival... They are my fave band of all time too, but how much time do I think they have left? Not a lot sadly. They are getting old, very much been there, done that, drank it all, and I'm not sure they have any albums left in them to tour with!

Gone are the days of 300 dates over 30+countries, and gone are the days of staying out on the road for three years at a time....

I just don't think they can pull it off for much longer, and almost kinda hope they go out gracefully, and not like some bands that drag it out flogging the proverbial dead horse....
True. I've been lucky to catch them 3 times this time round. I was at the Album launch party show aswell. I think i'll just see them once on a new album tour from now on.

The Anger tour was a great tour. As for James' voice, its been almost 30 years for the band and we all know eventually your voice will change.

At the moment the bands that are doing it for me are Lamb of God, Alice in Chains and Machine Head.
Old 27-03-2009, 07:16 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

i love metallica - can't wait for guitar hero metallica
Old 27-03-2009, 07:59 AM
It's Czech Mate

True. I've been lucky to catch them 3 times this time round. I was at the Album launch party show aswell. I think i'll just see them once on a new album tour from now on.

The Anger tour was a great tour. As for James' voice, its been almost 30 years for the band and we all know eventually your voice will change.

At the moment the bands that are doing it for me are Lamb of God, Alice in Chains and Machine Head.

Machine head supported them the other night and were really shit IMO, terrible
Old 27-03-2009, 01:05 PM
wildheart
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Saw them last month at Notts and i thought it was just ok but saw them again at Birmingham and thought they were back on top form.
Shame the sound for Machine Head was shit at both gigs though!
And as for The Sword,They were just plain shit lol.
Old 27-03-2009, 01:08 PM
It's Czech Mate

Originally Posted by wildheart
Saw them last month at Notts and i thought it was just ok but saw them again at Birmingham and thought they were back on top form.
Shame the sound for Machine Head was shit at both gigs though!
And as for The Sword,They were just plain shit lol.
Agreed 100%
Old 27-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by Mondeo Man
Machine head supported them the other night and were really shit IMO, terrible
They played well. Its just they don't get to soundcheck on these tours as Rob Flynn said. I've seen Machine Head almost 10 times in the last few years and they have always played well. But when they are doing openings for bands you got to remember that they aren't using their own PA and what not.
Old 27-03-2009, 02:16 PM
It's Czech Mate

They played well. Its just they don't get to soundcheck on these tours as Rob Flynn said. I've seen Machine Head almost 10 times in the last few years and they have always played well. But when they are doing openings for bands you got to remember that they aren't using their own PA and what not.
yeah, i meant to say i agreed the sound was awful, was a shame really altho they still went down well

Tallica were pure class
Old 27-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Lamb of God are on TOP form at the mo. I saw them last year support Sabbath (well, "Heaven & Hell" lol) and they were awesome. Then me and a pal caught them last month on their first UK headline tour, in support of "Wrath" and they were just SO on it. Absolutely blinding show!

I still think tho, that one of the best gigs I've seen in recent years was Biohazard @ The Astoria tho!
Old 27-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

crap music...

you boys want to go to a decent drum and bass doo... proper music.

infact, join us at fabric tonight.. top line-up
Old 27-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Drum n bass?
Old 27-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Westy
crap music...

you boys want to go to a decent drum and bass doo... proper music.

infact, join us at fabric tonight.. top line-up