General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Comic Relief, who's got it on?

Search this Thread

Old 14-03-2009 | 12:05 AM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Sorry, I have to agree with Lee.

They breed like rabbits and sit round all day with swollen bellies from hunger from lack of food, have unprotected sex and spread aids like wildfire.

And they DO NOT LEARN, are the kids that survived during the 80, 90's now learning from seeing all around them die from aids and hunger due to over population and taking precautions - NO aids is still a huge killer.

I truley dont believe that they are meeting us half way, but more holding their hands out and not learning from their errors.
Old 14-03-2009 | 12:07 AM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

the programme goes on far to long as it boring the feck out of me!!and all the vid's of the problems in africa is now becoming boring!
Old 14-03-2009 | 12:10 AM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I do think it does good, and doesn't just help countries abroad, but helps at home also.

It also goes to show that there is cash about, and what was it 120 million since it started, sounds alot, but isn't really.

I just do think that if they took more responsibilty for their own destiny, the money could do a whole lot more than it does.
Old 14-03-2009 | 12:12 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Pisses me off... As Roy Chubby Brown said 'Send them a Johnny, and tell them to stop shagging their sister'.

Benni.
Old 14-03-2009 | 10:11 AM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Well said Matt. Sending them money and aid out there to just let them carry on shagging and breeding like they are casusing more famine and spreading hiv more is just a waste of our money! Better spent on our own imo...Nspcc etc
Old 14-03-2009 | 11:25 AM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
If i/we had no money, and lived in rented accomodation sponging off the state then i would not bring any more kids into the world to suffer the way off life we are living.....
So if you had no forms of contraception, and your missus got pregnant you'd get rid of it right?

Right after going up to the leader of your country (ie Mugabe types), and telling them to fook off out of power? Yeah right.

Old 14-03-2009 | 11:38 AM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Graham S1
So if you had no forms of contraception, and your missus got pregnant you'd get rid of it right?
So by this you are making out that they have no form of contraception, which makes you look an idiot by firing this at me as it is what i initially said, send them the fooking pill out you crazy arsed fool!
Old 14-03-2009 | 02:02 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
Nspcc etc
Do you have ANY idea how fucked up the NSPCC are? They raise around Ł150M a year. Guess how much they spend on actual activity? By their own admission Less than a 1/3rd! The rest goes on fancy offices and company cars and expenses! Though where they spend the money is never actually said.

I looked in to this a while back. The things they list as "abuse" is laughable. Easy examples "Making a child walk to school in inclement conditions" So walking in the rain is abuse?! FFS Or letting a child cry because you won't give in to their demands" Thats also abuse. So if your kid screams because you won't give it a chocolate bar. According to the NSPCC you are abusing them!

They are a typical charity that justifies their existence by moving the goalposts to ever more ridiculous things.

http://www.grumpyoldsod.com/nspcc.asp
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/2724/612637

They're not unusual websites. There's loads out there.

As the first guy says. The only thing they can pin down they do is train Social Workers. Hmmm. They also admitted they could have done more for Victoria Climbie and when the fuss has died down they will no doubt admit they could have done for Baby P. They also claim to run a phone line. But its not Childline that everyones heard of. So I'm not clear that any children GENUINELY in distress would know to call them.

Other kids charites HATE the NSPCC as they don't do anywhere near the same amount of work but claim the majority of the donations because they have amillion adverts on saying effectively "Pay up or the kid gets it" All the while never actually explaining where your Ł3 a month actually goes.

The reason I looked into this btw was a person I knew was quite possibly the worst parent I've ever had the misfortune to know but he had a NSPCC green wrist band!

(That's not aimed at you specifically Lee, just somthing that gets my goat about the Natonal Soceity for Protecting "Charity" Cash)

AS for Africa. Well we did Band Aid in 85. Live Aid in 05 and Comic Relief nearly every year. You would think it would be making a difference. until you discover that as part of the "terms" some charities set down. The locals can't spend the money in the appropirate way! Basically designed to keep Africa oppressed so "Charities" can continue to receive funding. As the guy in this video says. We'd like water in our homes. But the Charities seem to think we just want a standpump in the middle of the village! Watch the PSL at 2 mins with the bicycle pump

http://current.com/items/76773072/ke...rica_small.htm

There's another video on the site where the NGO's came in. Painted their logo on items they already had and claimed they were helping the locals!

Last edited by Rich_w; 14-03-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old 14-03-2009 | 02:14 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

I think all charities have there bad points Rich....but i still only give to the likes of those if and when i give i give to cancer, nspcc, children in need etc! I just wont send money to places like africa as said previously, they just dont help themselves!