General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone see The Great Global Warming Swindle on More 4 ?

Search this Thread

Old 13-03-2007 | 12:08 PM
neilm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Default Anyone see The Great Global Warming Swindle on More 4 ?

Caught the tail end of it and then watched it again on More4+1

Could not believe the overwhelming weight of evidence which said Carbon Dioxide emissions are NOTHING to do with Global Warming and basically the whole thing is down to the Sun and solar activity and this can be proved going back hundreds and hundred of years using historical data.

How to sucker the whole world...

the other thing that was UNBELIEVABLE, and this is soooo relevant seen as we will all no doubt be coughing up hard earned to Comic Relief

Africa has a wealth of coal and oil.... very 'cheap' forms of energy that can be used to generate electricity, the electricity that is soo badly needed in a developing world

HOWEVER.... the Environmentalists are claiming that the Africans must use Solar and Wind power, the two most expensive forms of electricity for reasons of Global Warming etc etc.

The program showed a medical centre that had solar panels on the roof and they only generated enough electricity, EITHER to power the lights in the place OR the fridge with the vaccine in it.

I dont know about anyone else but I find this absolutely DISGUSTING that a nation has the resources to industrialise but the west would rather pour millions into the area in charity and keep them from developing.

Oh and to further get the blood boiling, Thatcher was sighted as being instrumental to a lot of the Global Warming rhetoric back in the early days for two reasons.

One - she didnt trust the Arabs and didnt want to beholding to the for oil to generate electricity

Two - she didnt trust the Miners and didnt want them to be able to bring down her government like they did Ted Heaths in the early 70's

She wanted Nuclear Power so to 'sell' Nuclear power to the public she had to convince people that coal and oil were bad...

Hence global warming....

The irony is, in the early 70's we were shitting it because the planet was deemed to be cooling down.....

So Tony and all you Greenies you can all just fook off....

I would like to publically state I DONT BELIEVE YOUR LIES......
Old 13-03-2007 | 12:10 PM
Ryan
15K+ Super Poster!!

was a very good program.
Old 13-03-2007 | 12:18 PM
Muska
Advanced PassionFord User

it was excellent, but somehow i fear that it will make no difference at all to what the governments plans for us.
Old 13-03-2007 | 12:20 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

we weren't resonsible for the last ice age and we won't be responsible for the next.
CO2 does nothing more than make trees grow so Mr Blaire stop cutting trees down and making more paper work.
Old 13-03-2007 | 12:56 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

I agree with all the above, and as has stated, it is too late to stop the snowball effect that is happening regarding CO2 etc .

The environmentalists are in a no loose situation, because if all this bollocks about global warming does NOTHING to change things, they'll just say we started doing something about it too late .

Unfortunately global warming IS big money, and THAT is what is fuelling it - especially the environmental journalists having to get more and more radical with their claims to keep their jobs - that just made my blood boil .

It really erks me as well that the scientists prepared to stand up and be counted in speaking out against this fervour are being targetted and labelled as being in the pockets of the oil companies .
Old 13-03-2007 | 01:00 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

They can't even control the economy how the hell do they expect to control the weather.I'm sure taxing it will help the government purse though so at least one problem solved temporarily
Old 13-03-2007 | 01:17 PM
cozmeister
More boost Igor!

The earth heats up and cools down...it's a fact of life. Wish all the do gooders would just piss off.

Turbosystems is right - CO2 feeds trees and plants, which keep us alive - zero-ing CO2 will kill everything! muppets!
Old 13-03-2007 | 01:23 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

The clue is in the name environmentalist

I find it disgusting that the greenies expect third world countries to use vastly expensive means of creating energy all in their bid to save the planet. What it seems is they are saying the loss of millions of lives is acceptable for as long as we save mother Earth we hold the moral high ground
Old 13-03-2007 | 01:24 PM
neilm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Who do you exploit when everyone is industrialised and can stand on their own two feet ?
Old 13-03-2007 | 01:28 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Originally Posted by neilm
Who do you exploit when everyone is industrialised and can stand on their own two feet ?
The environmentalists .
Old 13-03-2007 | 09:46 PM
RS500

I have seen the video it's was very good.
They want to kill africa whit their stupid lies.
Whe schould put tony blair in an co2 free room and see what happens to
him.
Global warming are a bunch of(al) gore lies.
Old 13-03-2007 | 11:08 PM
andyhardy

I'm sure he'll fill up a CO2 free room - after all it's one of the products of respiration

Breathing-tax: next on the bill of ideas at the run-up to the next general election! Just you wait!

To those that missed the show - it's been put up on YouTube in 8 seperate parts...

YouTube - Great Global Warming Swindle (parts 1-8 of 8)

Take a look on the web for videos of 'An Inconvenient Truth' to get some balance to your thoughts and the arguments on both sides. There are plenty of web resources to support and negate the claims made in the movie.

Cheers,

Andy