General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

dont bite my head off! focus rs mk1 prices!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ad4m RST
You're missing my point...

If someone decides they want a Focus RS aka 'buying into the idea of one' but can't justify a £30k Focus they may instead buy the proven first marque...

If they're just bringing £30k to the market then OF COURSE they'll just go get a Scooby or Evo for the money if they decide against a Focus. Like now why would anyone buy a Mk1 over a Evo 6/7 or Scoob STI....preference.

Theres a difference here mate that you're not clear on. Cant justify as in dont have the funds or as in think its not worth it

If they dont have the funds and just fancy the thought then yes they may well go back to the older car.

People who have the money but dont want to "justify" 30k on a new focus clearly wont go and buy a 6yr old car!!
Old 11-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lambchop

People who have the money but dont want to "justify" 30k on a new focus clearly wont go and buy a 6yr old car!!
True in general yeah, but quick scan of Mk1's they'll see 'em over 300, even 400hp and could stick with the brand. Getting emotive though to be fair...
Old 11-03-2009, 11:28 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

The new Focus isnt £30k.........

It's £24995 with Standard equipment......and every other car in the world also has options on top of its RRP.

It's VERY well priced for what it is.

Has anyone seen the EVO test and comments yet?

Interesting to note it's always compared the the R26R Megane but every seems to handily omit the fact the Megane comes with road legal semi slicks......were it to be on the same tryre package as the focus i'm sure we'd be seeing some even more impressive comparisons.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Matt Evans
Black Country RSOC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mondeo Man
The new Focus isnt £30k.........

It's £24995 with Standard equipment......and every other car in the world also has options on top of its RRP.

It's VERY well priced for what it is.

Has anyone seen the EVO test and comments yet?

Interesting to note it's always compared the the R26R Megane but every seems to handily omit the fact the Megane comes with road legal semi slicks......were it to be on the same tryre package as the focus i'm sure we'd be seeing some even more impressive comparisons.
I agree its a very very positive road test of the new Focus RS.

As for the values of the Mk1 Focus RS, its a pretty brave person to catagorically state that they will drop further, or indeed level out at a sensible price etc etc. The used car market is a nigh on impossible place at the moment to forecast residual values, especially on a car which has been out of production for 6 years or so.

My own personal view (im in the trade and also run my local RSOC group) is that the nicest lowest milege cars will remain fairly stactic, the higher mileage and more "used" cars will continue to fall steadily in prices, namely because of the associated repair / running costs of a heavlily used example.

However, due to the financial climate in the uk at the moment, bargains WILL be had (take Lambchops tidy example), and that applies to all performance cars, not just Ford and RS's.

I still believe that if you buy sensibly and look after it, you aint gonna be at a massive risk of losing too much money.

Matt