General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Zeroshift or DSG?

Search this Thread

Old 29-11-2004, 09:17 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Zeroshift or DSG?

Haven't heard anything from the Zeroshift camp for a while, hope things are going well for them with the T5 box.

I've heard lots of good things lately about VW's DSG system and that spelling the end for normal manual transmissions and also automatic or semi automatic systems.

I haven't yet driven a car with DSG, has anybody on here and how good was it? at the moment i think it's about an extra grand and a half, but it's predicted to come down to about a grand over the cost of a normal manual for the end customer. that compares favourably with the Zeroshift option i think, although there is still a break in transmission with the DSG system albeit supposedly short and seamless.

in the end, i guess that there will never be a DSG system available to retrofit into existing casings, so for older car owners the Zeroshift system is our best hope. but maybe in the future our fords will come with decent gearboxes from the factory
Old 11-01-2005, 02:48 PM
digita1dragon
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was wondering this just now and the search turned up this thread, does nobody have any more input?
ForeigneRS has covered my queries, so does anybody know any more?