General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

what do ya think to this statement

Search this Thread

Old 22-02-2009, 08:23 PM
morto
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do ya think to this statement

nicked this off a tdci forum but thought this is what could of happened to my turbo and why it still doesn't run correct?

In a different context, another reader explained why diesel turbochargers sometimes fail: "The Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve should open to allow carbon dioxide (which acts as a cooling gas) into the combustion chambers when the engine is under load (more than 30 per cent boost). This allows the combustion chamber temperature to drop and thus the temperature of the exhaust gases. If it sticks in the closed position the exhaust gas temperature will rise, causing the turbo bearings to fail and eventually allowing engine oil into the induction system. This can cause the engine to run on its crankcase oil until it is either stalled or goes bang. Problems with EGR valves are also often the cause of rough running when the valve is stuck in the open position as well. In several cases turbos have blown but the EGR valve has not been replaced. Inevitably the new turbo unit will not last long." The most common cause of the EGR valve sticking is dirty, sludged or otherwise contaminated engine oil.

You shouldn't believe everything on the internet but...what do you guys think to the above? true or false?
Old 22-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds true to me.
Old 22-02-2009, 09:28 PM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Morto, i think i'd love to check the calibration of your turbo