General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Weddings.....

Search this Thread

Old 14-02-2009, 10:48 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine cost me just over 25k in Ocotber l had a marquee at the George in Stamford, full sit down meal for 80 a band and disco, open bar phtographer, no wedding cars because l live just up the road and a 5 night honeymoon in Dubai with first class flights, not bad l thought, that also included though a meal the night before for 8 of us and some drinks here and there not on the night.

I thought my wedding was pretty good, not much l would have done different, here folks gave me 5k in the end as a token gesture as l am not mr popular with them

Mike
Old 15-02-2009, 11:18 AM
john_p_b
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cossie604
Manor Hotel, is that the one next to the Turks head? We sent off for a brochure for the Preist house just out side Dono but nothing came back, so sod em You still want my old knacker? We've hopefully got a 3dr of each colour for our day

erm.......not sure to be honest, it's a big white place on the main road through donington.

yep the car would be quite welcome for the pics, think we've got the shipping ppl around part pretty sorted but don't quote me on the just yet! figuring a 3dr a saph and a escos will be like the 3 generations so will look the part
Old 15-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Nick D
Advanced PassionFord User

Getting married myself and it costs and absolute fortune! If you want to keep the cost down don't let her pick anything!! I'm a lazy bastard and just sign the cheques, so it's probably going to make me bankrupt!! All the little things seem to cost a fortune, like table favours?!? Ł25 each, that Ł1k done easy! Also as were getting married in Dubai and drinks are quite expensive the free bar is going to finish my bank account off for good I imagine
Old 15-02-2009, 01:35 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ouch Dubai and a free bar Nick that aint gonna be cheap, l was staying in the Madanat Jumeriah for 5 nights and it's bloody exspensive, how many people are you having?

Mike
Old 15-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Nick D

Originally Posted by MikeR
Ouch Dubai and a free bar Nick that aint gonna be cheap, l was staying in the Madanat Jumeriah for 5 nights and it's bloody exspensive, how many people are you having?

Mike
About 75 so far! I live about 10 mins away from that hotel, some good bars at the madinat!
Old 15-02-2009, 01:57 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thats a decent number, so do you live near the airport or the other way? l will be coming back out soon for a holiday absolutely loved the place

Mike
Old 15-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Nick D

The other way, at the Marina just by the palm. Is a really nice place mate I love it! You should stay at the Westin next time mate, I think you'll like it.
Old 15-02-2009, 02:08 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I will have the wife look into it. the Madanat was very very nice and having acsess to the other resorts made it better but will defo look into it cheers

Mike
Old 15-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Nick D

You can get some really good deals at the moment, another one to have her look at is where were getting married at the one and only royal mirage.
Old 15-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Aaroncast
BANNED
BANNED

you should have a great time if parents are paying!!
sponging again????
when do you expect to be able to look after yourself without assistance ??-aye?
BLOODY KIDS -