General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Another power for the police to abuse

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 01:27 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Another power for the police to abuse

http://thomashawk.com/2009/01/new-la...uary-16th.html

A law with good intentions but that WILL be abused to fuck blatantly.
The way its worded about "likely to be useful to" a terrorist, even if you have utterly no intention of giving them to such a person, basically gives them total carte blanche against all members of the press legitamately reporting if they choose to, and also means that if a copper is acting illegally, like beating the shit out of someone for no reason, like the case recently with the face being rubbed in the ground etc they can stop members of the public filming them do so.

Our police force continually prove they arent worthy of such powers and yet continually we hand them more and more powers all the time.

Scarey stuff, slowly moving towards being a police state.

Last edited by Chip; 10-02-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:29 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree Chip.

Benni.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol,does that mean they will stop pretending to be will smith and martin lawrence from bad boys now?
no more interceptor programs?
Old 10-02-2009, 07:54 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullett
lol,does that mean they will stop pretending to be will smith and martin lawrence from bad boys now?
no more interceptor programs?
on that point, aren't tey just the biggest bunch of cunts going?

on the other point, what happeend to our freedom to do what we like in a public place?
oh yes, sorry, i forgot, you can complain outside the houses of parliament or in that general vicinity or else you'll be carted off to a side street and kept there for several hours
Old 10-02-2009, 08:05 AM
RS500/364
BANNED
BANNED

This country takes the piss (JUST TO SAY MORE OUT OF UK RESIDENTS )
I MEET A FEW PEOPLE OVER THE LAST YEAR
and they come to this contry to do there crime WHY
because nour system allows then FREE defence and they know if court can get a easier ride than the HOME countrys !!
Well i committed a offence by mistake and have to go to court to prove what the evidance says NOT MYSELF BUT THRIRD PARTY thats why the uk is not the place for me no more IT SUCKs bigger everyday you work you pay your bill and have nothing to live your life with !
Old 10-02-2009, 08:31 AM
dojj

the problem is that those with more than enough money are able to afford to get away with things the normal working classes can't
and those who live as the dregs of society get away with anything because "they were forced into crime because they were skint"

it's just joe average who works for a living and saves their money and has a nice house and family who get's the right royal butt fucking each and every time

if you do the crime you should do the time, not get let off for good behaviour, if anything, if you play up, you spend MORE time in jail

and if more people are being locked up for longer, then you won't have so many crims out on the streets criminalising the public with their get rich scheames
Old 10-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Ridgey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 120 Posts

If there weren't so many scummy types around we wouldn't need the police. Think we should be looking at society first.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:57 AM
RS500/364
BANNED
BANNED

Intresting but if the drugs wasnt around how many jobs would be none existant !!
Old 10-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Kamike
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Let them!

If a few more yobs get a bit of a kicking then so be it, they dont deserve to be treated nice if there breaking the law. This country is far to busy being spinless PC numptys and its about time the police had more powers IMO
Old 10-02-2009, 10:03 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by Kamike
Let them!

If a few more yobs get a bit of a kicking then so be it, they dont deserve to be treated nice if there breaking the law. This country is far to busy being spinless PC numptys and its about time the police had more powers IMO
it's to stop them kicking the shit out of an innocent numpty mate
Old 10-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Kamike
Let them!

If you look up, you will see that a long way above your head, is the point.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Kamike
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I do see the point, the point I was trying to make is that the police dont have enough powers IMO. Cant remember the last time I saw a copper in my area being proactive and stopping the gangs of kids hanging around etc. Im sure some of them are completly innocent but there a fair few scum bags mixed in with the gangs and being given a hard time by the police cant be a bad thing can it?
Old 10-02-2009, 10:33 AM
Chip

The police dont get enough results against the real scum, Im sure we all agree on that.
But what they need more resources and better funding IMHO to match the amount of policing that is needed to bring those people to justice with integrity, they dont need more power to turn them into untouchable power freaks who have totally lost touch with what the job is supposed to be about. If people are going to enforce the law, they should do it with integrity and lead by example, IME police standards fall FAR short of what they are trying to impose on other people.
The biggest power that a policeman can have IMHO is integrity, and most of them seem to be lacking that one but have a whole heap of oppressive powers they can use to interfere with the lives of decent folk.

Sadly the goverment seem to be looking for a cheap way to get "results" (not the ones that are needed, just anything they can point at on a chart to show they are tackling "crime") not the correct way to do so.

Last edited by Chip; 10-02-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:45 AM
dojj

it should be easier to say "oi, you're nicked sunshine" and then let other peole do the job while the coppers out on the street keep coppering

at the moment, and i've seen it on several occasions first hand, coppers get an easy nick, then spend the next 4 hours shufflinf paperwork in the nice warm station before letting you go because you hadn't actually broken any laws

there should be coppers out roaming the streets looking to low lifes, and there should be coppers in cars taking them back to the nick and then there should be pencil pushers who proccess them really really quickly or let them go

how many programs do you see on the telly where they are stood there for hours with someone who's been nicked for driving with no insurance? then they have to wait for the tow truck to arrive etc etc, this should b done by someone else, the person with no insurance should be banged up until they find out where they live and, should there be a repeat offence, they should go to the judge tehre and then and get sentanced to picking up rocks of breaking twigs or whatever else they can do in order to pay off the fines