General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

You unemployed lot....where does the money come from?

Search this Thread

Old 23-01-2009 | 09:52 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

this "brits are too lazy" pish does my head in

the fact is yes there are lazy fucks out there but they have probably never worked,its now got to hardworking guys having no prospect of work.

shit times and i feel for you guys trying to get by on next to nothing
Old 23-01-2009 | 10:46 PM
DazS1Turbo
Advanced PassionFord User

Sad thread this - i fear for my job and i worry about what will happen - uncertain times ahead
Old 23-01-2009 | 11:16 PM
l0ubie
keepin' it ol' skool

this is gutting to hear about this, i know of a fair few mates that have just bought houses and now cant afford them!

im so glad my job is secure, i worry bout my old mans job as he works in the motor trade! would hate to see him out of work!

chin up mate!! just keep doing everything your doing! no one can say shit if your trying everything!
Old 23-01-2009 | 11:19 PM
Fezza
H71 CNX

I have lived off the proceeds of selling my window cleaning round back in October, and have been looking for work since. I am now having to sign on for JSA, after spending the past 3 months being promised all sorts of work by employment agencies, only for them to turn around and say that they have no definate start dates for the work they are advertising and they will contact me when they do.

I think employment agencies should be fined for advertising jobs that they clearly do not have.

In any case, I am looking into starting a mobile chippy, if anyone wants in . Everyone has to eat, even when the economy is awful and fish & chips is cheap and nutricious.

Last edited by Fezza; 23-01-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 24-01-2009 | 12:25 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Yeah it is shit for jobs at moment.

Lucky i got war pension to cover some of the bills.

Being a nut job really doesnt help. people always ask on forms and interviews why you left last job

These days people arent prepared to take risk you might go sick. plus a lot of people still discriminate thinking youll go "postal" or something

Luckily i got paper work now to show im disabled so I claim garunteed interviews now under the disability schemes so hopefully i will get work some time soon.

I hate having to use disability to help get me to interview because id prefer to pretend im normal, but im desperate for work so if it helps to admit the problems then fine.
Old 24-01-2009 | 01:45 AM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Join the Police, or the armed forces. The Army/RAF are particually short at the moment and have a big recruitment drive on.... secure job for at least 9 years...And not all jobs get shot at, Join the RAF IMHO, much safer as we send our Officers to get shot at in the planes!

Last edited by RWD_cossie_wil; 24-01-2009 at 01:46 AM.
Old 24-01-2009 | 01:50 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil
or the armed forces.
Dont think theyll have me back
Old 24-01-2009 | 01:53 AM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
Dont think theyll have me back
mate, you would be surprised.... Might be worth asking? Or even the reserves.

TA always need people as well, plenty of work out there, just people not prepared to do it
Old 24-01-2009 | 02:02 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

TA always need people as well, plenty of work out there, just people not prepared to do it
TA/reserves will only possibly take me on as a UK based training officer and there's nothing close to me at the moment. Im hoping when i go to uni next year the University RN unit or uni air squad/uni OTC will take me on as a training officer as i can easily offer far more experience and skills than your average TA/reserve TO would have. Then its a foot into the door then.
Old 24-01-2009 | 02:05 AM
Rax
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I have been out of work for 5 years due to illness and i claim shit coz they wont give me anything,maybe my head is the wrong shape,ie not square.I even had to sell my house and that is what I am living off,but for how long before its gone.This country is a fucking joke.
Old 24-01-2009 | 02:20 AM
marky_g
Fleet Manager

im now in the same boat mate im at the applying for any old shit job regardless of what it pays

its not nice comin from a 26k a year down to 12 or 13 but i gotta di it i draw the line under anything under 250 a week take home (unless there is over time lol)

prob its all agency work round my way and u dont wanna work for an agency as there are not benefits and the wages are shocking mate of mine is on £7 an hour for nights!!!!!!

as for money im sellin all my car shit lol

Last edited by marky_g; 24-01-2009 at 02:22 AM.
Old 24-01-2009 | 02:37 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by rax2wdrax
I have been out of work for 5 years due to illness and i claim shit coz they wont give me anything,maybe my head is the wrong shape,ie not square.I even had to sell my house and that is what I am living off,but for how long before its gone.This country is a fucking joke.
Do you have too much savings to get incapacity, income support?? You should be able to get DLA if your disabled/long term ill as you seem to be. Theyve got to be telling you lies if you get nothing. Look into the regs if you can.

Originally Posted by marky_g
the wages are shocking mate of mine is on £7 an hour for nights!!!!!!
Thats a good wage round here doesnt seem to make any difference to wages round here if its days or night.
Old 24-01-2009 | 02:46 AM
Rax
PassionFord Post Whore!!

LOL I only earned 250 a week where I last worked for about 14yrs.I could do anything on the factory (factory) I even had the title as training officer.Trained people for A&M work and worked alongside engineers who earned ££££s .You will see a for sale post on here or a link to eBay for my bikes before long.The coz ain't going nowhere tho.Even though I am running it into the ground at the mo.It does amaze me sometimes with some of the threads on here saying I only earn so many k a year and its a hardship . < not aimed at anyone in particula by the way.
Old 24-01-2009 | 02:49 AM
Rax
PassionFord Post Whore!!

[quote=warrenpenalver;3898678]Do you have too much savings to get incapacity, income support?? HA HA Warren you should be on the tele,I am as skint as a skint person on national skint day.Failed medical on questions they never even asked Not meaning to be funny with you coz I know you have been through the channels too.

Last edited by Rax; 24-01-2009 at 02:50 AM.
Old 24-01-2009 | 02:53 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by rax2wdrax
HA HA Warren you should be on the tele,I am as skint as a skint person on national skint day.Failed medical on questions they never even asked Not meaning to be funny with you coz I know you have been through the channels too.
Was that DLA or incapcity??? they almost always fail everyone on DLA first go. Its worth appealing and going to tribunal if you feel youve got genuine disabilitys. Also incapcity has been replaced by ESA so you might qualify for that.

Its worth fighting the cunts as they are known to lie and swindle people to avoid coughing up for genuine illnesses.
Old 24-01-2009 | 07:28 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by adam.d
I now live on benefits, not thru choice tho. I gave up my 25k a year job to care for my partner who needs a double lung transplant. She gets incapacity and dissability living allowance and I get income support and care allowance. I would say were quite entitled to the benefits we recieve as our lass is quite poorly and is on oxygen 24/7. I do agree with earlier posts tho about the ammount of lazy money grabbing twats who CHOOSE to live on benefits, I would gladly swap my easy life on benefits for a normal life, with a healthy wife and my old job back.
You should be very proud of yourself mate , this is exactly what benefits are there for , People who need them for reasons they cant control

Its a shame the lazy fookers take all the cash and you dont get more money towards a better life for you and your lass

Best of luck mate , I hope everything works out for you both

Paul
Old 24-01-2009 | 07:53 AM
CliffRS4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Join the Police, or the armed forces. The Army/RAF are particually short at the moment and have a big recruitment drive on.... secure job for at least 9 years...And not all jobs get shot at, Join the RAF IMHO, much safer as we send our Officers to get shot at in the planes!
Well said Will

But you and I know that for the guaranteed safety we have sacrificed alot. Some people aren't prepared to make that commitment.

On one hand I am loving getting paid a nice wage, almost everything is half price or less. But on the other hand it's far from nice seeing the country continue it's dive over the past 7 to 8 years.

Seeing friends coming close to not having a job is quite a shock

I've lived in Belize, Iraq, Northern Ireland and Germany over the past 6 years. Boy do I notice how England has declined sharply over the past 7 to 8 years when I come home

Saying that I've just bought a house in England
Old 24-01-2009 | 08:40 AM
adam.d
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Rs500 Registrar
You should be very proud of yourself mate , this is exactly what benefits are there for , People who need them for reasons they cant control

Its a shame the lazy fookers take all the cash and you dont get more money towards a better life for you and your lass

Best of luck mate , I hope everything works out for you both

Paul
Cheers mate, she's just waiting to get on the transplant list, hopefully when we go back to the hospital in Feb. Makes me sick looking at all the smack heads in the dole office getting paid to be a menice to society, either pissed or smacked up to the eyeballs and abusing there bodys and still being healthy enough to out run most police officers!!. She on the other hand has 2 fucked lungs, thru no fault of her own (never smoked or taken anything) and has to fight for everything
Old 24-01-2009 | 09:28 AM
fez2i16v
Regular Contributor

don't work and get paid for shagging,smoking,drinking and appearing on jeremy kyle.[/quote]

lmfao
Old 24-01-2009 | 10:27 AM
mackers
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Really feel for you mate. I was laid off last year and was out of work for around 6months, in that time I spent all my savings and even got a loan from my dad to pay the mortgage cause my wifes job just couldn`t cover all the bills. Back working now since a week before christmas, in a shite job that I cant stand. The pay is nothing like what I was getting but it keeps us afloat. Just do whatever you can to get money and get by in this awful time. One of my mates mum and dad is getting their house repossed, there is someone else always worse off. Good luck.
Old 24-01-2009 | 11:55 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Just a word of caution to anyone renting, DON'T cash your savings to pay your rent whilst waiting for the council to process the claim you make, as you CANNOT claim this amount back, as soon as you become unemployed laid off whatever get your savings out, and leave the barest minimum.
I learnt the above the hard way when my knee joint broke(3rd time!!), on £52 sick paid rent out of my savings, council said as I had paid it I could not then claim for that period.
Just hope this stops someone else getting shafted by the system.
Best of luck to everyone in this position, if you want to read up on BENEFITS then get a CPAG handbook, or Child Poverty Action Group handbook, FREE to those on income support jsa etc.
This book is the bible of benefits, for instance a couple cannot LEGALLY be cl;assed as a couple by the DWP if they have seperate stocks of food, as 2 sperate peoples benefits are more than 1 joined benefit!!
Well worth a read, CPAG 0171 253 3406.
tabetha
Old 24-01-2009 | 12:04 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
you should have signed on the day you lost your job. you were immediately entitled to jobseekers allowance of £60/week based on your NI contributions from the last year. why the hell would you not do that?

Pesonally, I imagined that I'd find work easily enough. Surely 10 years in the same profession would mean I'm employable? But as many have stated, it's depressing to be getting "sorry, no vacancy" letters or even worse when you send out 20 speculative letters and less than half can even be bothered to reply

And not all jobs get shot at, Join the RAF IMHO, much safer as we send our Officers to get shot at in the planes!
Just send the Typhoon round to my house, I've operated computers before. Should be fine I'm curious, what's the entry requirement for a fighter pilot?

I did wonder about joining the Met though. I suspect I'd get pissed off chasing down knife weilding scallies, filling in a mountain of paperwork. Then watching the courts say "There, there, it's not your fault you robbed that old dear. Have a holiday to in Mauritius to get over the stress of being put in a cell"
Old 24-01-2009 | 12:36 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Originally Posted by Rich_w
Pesonally, I imagined that I'd find work easily enough. Surely 10 years in the same profession would mean I'm employable? But as many have stated, it's depressing to be getting "sorry, no vacancy" letters or even worse when you send out 20 speculative letters and less than half can even be bothered to reply
even so, the system is there for back up and you are entitled to it from the very day that you become unemployed so why not use it? even if it's for a week or a month - it's your money that you paid in so you may as well get it back
Old 24-01-2009 | 12:43 PM
Fezza
H71 CNX

The armed forces and police are not an option for some of us (criminal record and 34 )
Although, I would have loved to join the army.
Old 24-01-2009 | 01:44 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

The foreign legion are recruiting, they won't take ANY notice of your record, and you get French citizenship afterwards as well.
tabetha
Old 24-01-2009 | 01:51 PM
Fezza
H71 CNX

Not a bad idea
Old 24-01-2009 | 04:07 PM
bazzal
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

i'm in same postiion too,was made redundant xmas eve, was with company for 3 years so only got a little redundancy package.

I was an installation Engineer and have now gone self employed working on behalf of the same company, but the work simply isnt coming in like it was last year. Where last year i was doing installs 4 days a week, i've had a total of 2 days work since new year.

Around MK i registered with at least a dozen agencies, looking for any type of warehouse/industrial/ driving work, willing to work any hours, weekends etc, and havent heard a bean from any of them.

The cash is drying up fast but i'm hoping that the lack of work is down to a quiet January.
Old 24-01-2009 | 04:19 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i have been in my job all my working life,23 years now,I have the chance in the next 6 weeks to move to a slightly better paid job,but im fookin scared to comit to the new job at the moment as its something i dont know much about and will have to start over again in effect,problem being i dont want to get in to a new job,find i cant do it or the company has to let people go and im out of a job and no money coming in.

I know some of you guys on this thread would love a job at the min,but i have one and dont know what to do with it ?!

Maybe we could get a sticky thread up at the top with people who know of any real jobs out there putting up the ads and pm'ing the numbers to people interested??

Last edited by st3v3; 24-01-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 24-01-2009 | 04:21 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

if your jobs safe long term in your old place id stay there for the time being.
Old 24-01-2009 | 04:27 PM
G420 DEL
Advanced PassionFord User

i got laid off thursday... no money in bank still tryin to catch up from christmas, rent to pay gas/electric bills just come in, and 8month old son, oh yeah and -£21 in the bank

not lookin good for me and cant get a job drivin wagons local to me. asda/tesco shelf stacker here i come
Old 24-01-2009 | 04:28 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

I think I would sit tight at the mo as well.
Benefits agency doctors telling lies ?, surely not this is illegal!!
Never ever appeal, much quicker to put a new claim in.
The thing is they do lie and get away with it all the time, they have even given medicals to people who were dead, ie as they get £400 per person, they make it as they go along, even if you are not there they can still do a examination, and no that is no exaggeration at all.
CPAG handbook is free and your friend on number I gave.
tabetha
Old 24-01-2009 | 05:46 PM
shane
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by C4llyT
So why are they still employed?
Maybe the English are too bone idle to even turn up and do fuck all
Because they will work for £5 an hour. Contractors dont mind no CSCS and shit workmanship if its lining their pockets.
Old 24-01-2009 | 05:54 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Big G
Deal drugs and pimp the wife out.
Other than that cash in hand, gardening or oddjob man around your estate, may not pay loads but it may put a liner in your pocket.

Edit to add.
Theres a guy who lived on our street we called OddJob, since school he just did bits n bats of well oddjobs, and made a living from it, the fuckers only got a half a Million quid house and has lads doing his oddjobbing, Cunt

By chance I saw this tosser in the boozer last night,
G - How it goin
OddJob - Shit, not much work, and the weathers killing the outside work
G - Bummer
OddJob - Yeh, goin away for 2 month to Thailand then Australia next Friday, weather should have picked up for me by then.

What a cunt, I am becoming an OddJob
Gotta be worth looking at doin £10, £20, £30 jobs that tradesmen wont do.
Old 24-01-2009 | 06:18 PM
CoupeUK

Well I have signed on this morning, £121 a fortnight here I come!

Those at the jobcentre are a load of tosh.......I had all of 5mins with an advisor in my 20minute slot, didnt even get a chance to ask when my money goes in before being shoved out the door by some daft bint........

Car insurance direct debit attempted to come out of my bank but at £-2200 theres no chance of that so the ST170's off the road, even if I could afford to insure it I cant afford to put fuel in it!

Internets due to be cut off soon as I cannot afford that, gotta quit smoking once my stash has run out although thats not a problem.....

Cant afford to live at mums as I cant afford the £50 a week rent to live there but its lucky I have such an understanding girlfriend that'll let me stay at hers.

I want to make people aware im claiming JSA not because I want to be sat at home living on the state- I have no choice as there are no jobs in my area. As much as i'd love to get another driving job I have been looking into other positions and theres nothing there either!

I have nothing to sell bar afew bits of crap that will earn me at best £25 so little hope there......

Proud to be British? I dont think so.
Old 24-01-2009 | 06:42 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If things were that bad wouldn't the ST170 be sold?
Don't want to come across as a cunt, do sympathise, just asking.
Old 24-01-2009 | 06:47 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Look for an unemployment project run by a college or similar. most of them look at your CV etc and theyve got internet access for job seeking. You NEED internet as most jobs are advertised online and get filled quick now. Register at library and they usually allow an hour a day or so.

CoupeUK you live in your own place?? If so claim council tax benefit and Local Housing Allowance.

If your living at your mums now, then quite frankly im appalled if your mum is booting you out
Old 24-01-2009 | 07:07 PM
CoupeUK

Originally Posted by C4llyT
If things were that bad wouldn't the ST170 be sold?
Don't want to come across as a cunt, do sympathise, just asking.
Yeah it could be but theres finance owing on it........I really want to keep it incase I get a job and need it so I can travel. Its pretty hanging anyway so wouldnt be worth much more than £1k lol
Old 24-01-2009 | 07:09 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

A grand lol, good luck with things mate, at least you're trying, hopefully justice will prevail
Old 24-01-2009 | 07:11 PM
CoupeUK

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
CoupeUK you live in your own place?? If so claim council tax benefit and Local Housing Allowance.

If your living at your mums now, then quite frankly im appalled if your mum is booting you out
I dont have my own place, I used to reside at mums but she wants £50 a week which is fair, my girlfriend has a house which I live in with her FOC. I could move back to mums if need be but she's on JSA due to unemployment so i'd rather her not have to feed me aswell if moneys tight.

Im not using my girlfriend for a place to stay, I earn my keep by doing things about the house like her housework, washing up, DIY, gardening etc etc
Old 24-01-2009 | 09:37 PM
PeterD
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Probably been said already but mate I've worked with credit and debt for 10 odd years so hope this helps.

Speak to all your creditors, draw up all expenses and outgoes and supply it in writing, your creditors don't want to be in the shit either so they should help you out. Don't be excessively creative with it lol

Most local councils also offer a FREE debt advice facility, use them, stay away from the charging services. they might just get you a bit of leeway when negotiating terms and any charges or interest for defaults.

If you have any outstanding finance most will regocnise debt management involvement and suspend persual of the balance(s) once their involved.

Or do what i did when the shit hit the fan, i went to uni and now working through my programming degree and working at Domino's making pizza's at night. Most of employers in their type of market will let you take on loads of hours so the money can be earned in exchange for lots of time, but needs must.

Hope thats a bit of help mate, best of luck to you.

Pete

Quick Reply: You unemployed lot....where does the money come from?