General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

need a sky+ box ! how much have i got to pay for a sky+ box from sky ?

Search this Thread

Old 15-01-2009, 07:03 PM
woodz77
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need a sky+ box ! how much have i got to pay for a sky+ box from sky ?

basically my birds been with them 6 years she reckons and only had the original box and then bought a recon box 2 years ago . now that box is playing up so i need another one .

she reckons a new customer will get on free but sky will want £100-£150 for her to buy one ???

is this true ?

i know most times the new customer gets a better deal but in 6 years to have 2 boxs surely they got to do her a deal ? i had the same problem with NTL/Virgin a few months back . same box for 4 years and tehn had a prob and the div on the fone said i had to pay £80 for a new one or if the engineer couldnt find a fault with mine ( had a mind of its own turning off )they would charge me £50 for the call out . i went mad as fook and said just send me a new box , job done . in the end the engineer that had to come out to check it first was sound . gave hima cuppa etc and in 10 mins i had a brand new box . but all the hassle was unreal . is it worth ringing up sky and telling them she will finish her contract and i will take a new one out at the address and claim the free box ?
Old 15-01-2009, 07:06 PM
dazoriginal
prodigal son

recon from sky £49
i asked this when fitting ours
Old 15-01-2009, 07:10 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Someones selling a skybox in the non ford related for sale room
Old 15-01-2009, 07:19 PM
macturbo
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

My skybox started playing up back in november.
I rang them up to be told that because I didnt have the insurance I would have to pay for an engineer to come out something like £65 (call out charge) and then pay for the new set top box, something like £100 as I asked for the sky+ box.
I just said to cancel the TV, Internet and phone line as I can join Virgin for less than half the figure they quoted me.
They came to with a supply and fit all in for £80. I said no its ok and hung up. I then rang back 10 minutes later and spoke to someone else. They got it down to £60 all in. I said no thanks I think I will go to Virgin so she came back with £30 all in for the engineer to come and fit the new sky+ box and dish

You just need to haggle with them mate.
They also gave me 12 months warrenty on the new box, lol
Old 15-01-2009, 07:23 PM
dylansdaddy
Sierra Sadcase

As previous but my missus got it for nowt just got to have alot of nerve and a bit of patience