General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Signing for something ....Couriers ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 10:55 PM
900ss
RWD Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Signing for something ....Couriers ?

What’s the best way to sign for something delivered by a courier, but to say "received but not inspected at the time of delivery"
esp for a high value item?
Or is that good enough to write just that to be covered if it should turn up fooked ?
Old 05-01-2009, 11:34 PM
NUTS RuS
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"unchecked"
Old 05-01-2009, 11:39 PM
cosevo
Advanced PassionFord User

lol, am courier for a living, and winds us up when people write "unchecked" lol, they are only actually singing to say they have recieved the package, so we can proove we delivered it to you and didnt steal it, if its broken most good businesses will sort out, and plus courier firms/individuals should have GIT (goods in Transit) insurance which covers items damaged in transit, basically, hope that helps
Old 06-01-2009, 06:17 AM
900ss
RWD Racer

Originally Posted by NUTS RuS
"unchecked"
Cheers, will do

Originally Posted by cosevo
lol, am courier for a living, and winds us up when people write "unchecked" lol, they are only actually singing to say they have recieved the package, so we can proove we delivered it to you and didnt steal it, if its broken most good businesses will sort out, and plus courier firms/individuals should have GIT (goods in Transit) insurance which covers items damaged in transit, basically, hope that helps
Cheers it does
I took it once you signed you are also signing to say received in good con
Not to worry, unchecked will do
Old 06-01-2009, 07:24 AM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

But what else can you do when the courier doesn't want to hang around long enough for you to check that the contents aren't smashed to fuck?
Old 06-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Precisely, you're signing to say you got it, nothing else.

People can write what they want for me, as long as they don't expect me to hang around while they check it, 'cos I'm sure as shit not taking it back once it's been opened.
What does wind me up is the packages that have a big sticker on specifically saying don't sign for without checking. No chance.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:08 PM
RSandy
Advanced PassionFord User

had a customer once in coalville that insisted on stamping 'unchecked' on every POD form they had to sign

as a result, they used to claim for missing parts on every single delivery, costing my company thousands in the long run. was gauranteed they would find a prt/s missing every week for about 6 months without fail

so after that, my company made sure i had an hour extra for that delivery, so i stood and watched them unpack every single pallet (usually about 10) and check off every single item there and then. they hated doing it, i didnt mind as i just sat and watched

result was these so called 'missing' parts issues were completely eradicated, and for the following 6 months i was there, i didnt have 1 missing part

goes to show how signing as 'unchecked' can cost the delivering company a lot of money for those who try and play the system

Trending Topics

Old 06-01-2009, 08:10 PM
900ss
RWD Racer

Originally Posted by RSandy
goes to show how signing as 'unchecked' can cost the delivering company a lot of money for those who try and play the system
No wish to do that
But I dont want to be had either lol