General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Help with accident

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 07:12 PM
swebber23
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with accident

My car was parked up new years eve, went out in the morning to find someone had crashed into it. It is not really bad but it had a cracked headlight, indicator, fog and bumper and the wing is bent. Also it seems it has knocked the tracking out.

Later that day my neighbor asked if someone had bumped my car. It turns out the taxi she took home that night hit several parked cars in the street including mine. She told me that she paid the fare and he then drove off. She didn't get the Reg but gave me all the details of the taxi firm and where she was picked up from etc. I called the taxi firm and they said that the driver wasn't in, i was told to call back the next day and speak to the manager.

After this i called into the local nick and asked the guy behind the counter what is the best course of action. He said speak to the manager and if they don't co-operate come back and file a report.

Phoned the manager on 2/1/09 and he said he wouldn't give me the details of the driver but would take my number and get him to contact me. As of yet i have heard nothing and tbh don't think i will.

When speaking to the manager he said the driver was self employed.

I will be going to the nick First thing monday to file the report and they will get the drivers details for me.

The thing is i need to use this car as it is my only method of transport, at the moment it obviously isn't road legal. I can sort a headlight, indicator and get the tracking done then i will be able to use it. Will this go against me if i were to make a claim?

Also who is the claim filed against? the driver or taxi firm? Do the taxi firm have any responsibility?
Old 03-01-2009, 07:16 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get in touch with ROOSIE off here, he is a claims handler, I am with the same people with my claim, in 15 years easily the best people I have used.
Once call does it all, NO WIN NO FEE period not a penny to pay.
His number is 07850671020
tabetha
Old 03-01-2009, 07:16 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

unless the driver is using one of the taxi firms cars then its down to the drivers own insurance.

twat of a driver if he has hit a few cars.....was he drunk...
Old 03-01-2009, 07:21 PM
swebber23
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by dave cos4x4
unless the driver is using one of the taxi firms cars then its down to the drivers own insurance.

twat of a driver if he has hit a few cars.....was he drunk...
My neighbour thought he was driving like he was but when i asked at the manager he said he wasn't due to some illness he just got over

The car had the taxi firms stickers on it. It isn't a black cab if that helps
Old 03-01-2009, 07:22 PM
swebber23
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by tabetha
Get in touch with ROOSIE off here, he is a claims handler, I am with the same people with my claim, in 15 years easily the best people I have used.
tabetha
Is that his direct number?
Old 03-01-2009, 07:24 PM
sortedsaff
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by tabetha
tabetha

+1 roosie sorted out my claim too .give him a bell
Old 04-01-2009, 08:59 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes direct to him, he will answer any messages left as well.
tabetha

Trending Topics

Old 04-01-2009, 09:38 AM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

can't belive your neigbour just got out and paid her fair without getting any details!

steve
Old 04-01-2009, 10:39 AM
swebber23
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by the youth
can't belive your neigbour just got out and paid her fair without getting any details!

steve
She doesn't drive, neither does her partner so tbh I don't think she realised she had to do that.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:42 AM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

some neighbours then.

must not like you lot in the street.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:52 AM
leejones09
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

dont think it will affect your claim,when my vec got hit i was working away and only transport,my was only rear light though,the hrdest thing could be if the driver doesnt admit liabillity,then its a long process,if you think its straight forward then you can claim of your insurance tempory and they will get your car repaired and give you a hire car and get yours repaired it wouldn't effect your no claims if they end up claiming off his insurance,if you haven't taken photos then do so now,would be great if car hasn't been moved till you get pics,as long as its roadworthy it shouldn't effect your claim,if you buy any part's keep the recipet,if me i would cheap repair then when it come's to enginers report fit old parts,a i need 1 bumper repaired and headlight once,cost about Ł220 local proffesional sprayed you'd never know but ford wanted Ł1400 pound of insurance,i got a cash settlement to fix car,ford lowered price to Ł1200 and they gave me Ł750 after taking Ł300 excess and only cost so i actually made money good luck mate
Old 04-01-2009, 11:10 AM
swebber23
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by leejones09
dont think it will affect your claim,when my vec got hit i was working away and only transport,my was only rear light though,the hrdest thing could be if the driver doesnt admit liabillity,then its a long process,if you think its straight forward then you can claim of your insurance tempory and they will get your car repaired and give you a hire car and get yours repaired it wouldn't effect your no claims if they end up claiming off his insurance,if you haven't taken photos then do so now,would be great if car hasn't been moved till you get pics,as long as its roadworthy it shouldn't effect your claim,if you buy any part's keep the recipet,if me i would cheap repair then when it come's to enginers report fit old parts,a i need 1 bumper repaired and headlight once,cost about Ł220 local proffesional sprayed you'd never know but ford wanted Ł1400 pound of insurance,i got a cash settlement to fix car,ford lowered price to Ł1200 and they gave me Ł750 after taking Ł300 excess and only cost so i actually made money good luck mate
Its only on 3rd party Fire and theft...

The thing is my excess is probably more than what I could repair it with spare parts
Old 04-01-2009, 11:20 AM
leejones09
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

if it was me then i would make the car roadworthy,not sure on time but i thinks its something like 24hrs for the taxi driver to report the accident or it is hit and run so when you go to the police station report a hit and run and give them all the detailt of the taxi firm you know,then when you get his insurance details ring your insurance and then go from there,when the police come to my accident i explained about the lights and he said just get them sorted so you should been fine driving it once its road worthy again mate
Old 05-01-2009, 08:40 AM
Roosie
500bhp Cosworth in making

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

sorry for the delay.
ok this is a common problem today tbh but you need to file a report to the police if not now let the insurance company know. i cant be much help as obviously i deal with personal injury side of things unless you was in the car! as it would have been a lot easier as you could have solicitors working on your case nailing him.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:35 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

if he's hit so many cars, why don't you and the neighbours clump together and go down the cab office giving it beans with soliciters letters and what nots?

i'd be fucking fuming and hunting him down with sniffer dogs and an ak47
Old 05-01-2009, 09:47 AM
f6cus
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

if you get it repaired make sure you take loads of photos of the damage first