General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

mariuz wins!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 12:40 PM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for spoiling it u twat.................was going to watch it later.........
Old 03-01-2009, 12:41 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pete mcrash
thanks for spoiling it u twat.................was going to watch it later.........
You didnt expect to come on here and see nothing about it?

Anyway watch it, its not the usual man wins easy by 15points
Old 03-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by pani_k
The WWE is probably not a good example to use of natural physiques. The only person in the WWE whose physique I truely admire is Bobby Lashley. It doesn't look anywhere as un natural as most wrestlers and has very good symmetry. I wouldn't like to guess whether he has ever taken steroids before but I still admire his physique. It looks perfectly proportioned and symmetrical.

If you think that guy hasnt taken copious amounts of steroids over a very long time you're a fucking idiot.

I cant believe dojj thinks they're natural. Wake up and smell the coffee!!!!!!!

Not one semi successful bodybuilder or strongman is natural.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:51 PM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

Originally Posted by BM08
You didnt expect to come on here and see nothing about it?

Anyway watch it, its not the usual man wins easy by 15points
....didn't expect it to be in the fuckn title though...............
Old 03-01-2009, 01:01 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Originally Posted by Ollie6RS2
Not one semi successful bodybuilder or strongman is natural.
I give up. I've said all I'm going to say.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally think it is quite easy to see who is on gear and who is not. The roundedness of their body and the general shape just looks too "perfect" or "freaky" depending on how you see it. They have muscles in places u dont expect, like mega bulging traps etc.

This is a link to a guy who promotes "non steriod" body building. Have a look for a comparison.

Cheers

RW

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iYEhDz...eature=related
Old 03-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

Are you lot actually having a laugh? Or are you just some of the ignorant morons like everyone else that thinks every guy weighs more than about 15 stone is on steroids automatically?
I have been into weight lifting for 15 years and have been around steroid usage for atleast 10 of them. No I'm not the sort of ignorant moron who thinks everyone over 15 stone is on gear and I'm not anti steroids. I have had this "ignorant moron" stigma surround me on numerous occasions.

However if you think Marius is all natural your a plank and your other waffling should be treated similarly. Phil Phister & Terry Hollands have the physique of a natural stongman, big bulky and carrying fat. Whether they are using or not I don't know.

Last edited by Kieron; 03-01-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:08 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

i think that there is lots of counfusion here as to the word "steriod" and "supplement"

lots of big guys eat pills because they cannot actually intake enough caolires and stuff just buy eating food and drinking protein shakes

it's nothing to do with injecting yourself or taking it orally, it's what's deemed "legal"

i'll talk abou tthe wwe guys because i know a fair bit about their "wellness policy" in that they are allowed to take "precribed medication" and if that shows up in their testing as a banned substance they can show the docrots prescription to explain why they are there

obviouly this isn't going to be the same for anywhere elsewhere drug testing is going on, but ALL wwe employees take the test on a regular basis and there have been a number of high profile guys who have been suspended due to violations, mr kennedy for example was due to be aired as vince's long lost son and would have been minted for life if he hadn't failed the test and left them to instal hornswaggle as the heir

jeff hardy is another one who's had 2 lots of suspensions in 2008 and he's now a champion
Old 03-01-2009, 06:10 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by pete mcrash
....didn't expect it to be in the fuckn title though...............

i'm sorry

it was an emotional time for me
Old 03-01-2009, 06:18 PM
BigErn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pete you sound like Thrush
Old 03-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Nick C
Part of the Furniture

I just had to jump in here...having trained for years, working as a fitness coach for a few as well.

There are many supplements on the market, and most are pure waffle. They change every few months with their cycle of rubbish - to name a few there was liquid Creatine, which is naturally unstable in a liquid form and actually breaks down into a semi-toxic compound called creatinine. Then theres myoblast, marketed that it would change your genetic structure of "myostatin" in your body and allow you muscle fibres to split so you wouldn't have to worry about them just getting bigger, cause you would have ten times the amount etc...which is not genetically possible (yet).

If you read any bodybuilding magazine you can see what I mean. Bodybuilding is a very tight circle, no-one will admit they are on steriods, growth hormones and the insulin as well. They are majorly juicing nowadays and if you knew the amount you would be shocked. The ones that get caught are often not in the "favourable" circle or are just plain unlucky as steriods are illegal in the US and not everyone can be bought to their "side". As they say the taller you are the heavier you fall.

The truth is that most wrestlers are on roids, you have to remember that size and muscle mass doesn't immediatly mean roid abuse, if you take roids you will not get big like "that". You need years and years of natural training, the right diet the dedication and most of all the genetics as well. But the fact is whilst there are the odd people out there would are naturally strong, there is a limit to what the human body can achieve. Wrestlers take a huge amount of abuse, and for them to continue the training and the shows and get bigger quite often takes more than meets the eye. Hence why when they take their "injured breaks / holidays" they often return a lot beefier because there just training and not getting abused all day! I mean take one look at Brock Lesnar...

The sad fact is that there are plenty of ways of getting around steriod tests, the main one is that steriods are very expensive to test for...it would cost an uminaginable amount of money to test for everything as there are so many different forms, and it would take to long. So they only test for certain ones. So if you know whats being tested for you can get away with it. Also when everyones using..everyone is safe, only a few get scape-goated but I won't get into that now.

I am not pro-steriods, or against steriods but the fact is that steriods offer many benefits, and from the people I know and the circles I have been around it wouldn't suprise me if almost everyone in proffesional sport was using them from racing cars to footballers. Mainly because steriods help you get better at anything you do, not just getting muscly. Its mainly the healing properties and recovery that helps. One thing I have to ask though is were do you drawer the line? Steriods are all about testosterone...the more you have the "better" you are at certain things...getting bigger for example. Some people have more naturally than others, hence why some people can walk into a gym, train for weeks and get good results - yet some people train for years and don't get very far.

Now the reason powerlifters look so chunky is not because there "natural" but because they carry more weight than bodybuilders, because that can transmit to more power, and its easier to gain muscle taking in more calories. Tbh I always thought they were a bit unsightly...and it does not promote a "superhuman" image that it should, it made them all look fat and horrible!

Thats why I like Marius so much, because he does it whilst looking great.

Now I am not saying that categorically he is on roids, or anyone else is..but when you see what Arnold Scwarzenegger said about his bodybuilding times, and what a few people have said in "undercover" articles questionable or not it does raise an eyebrow. Another interesting fact is if you look at modern bodybuilders they have odd looking mid-sections...as if there 6pack has something behind it and they have bellies..even though they are not fat. Sad thing is Growth Hormone and Insulin abuse is ripe amongst modern bodybuilding, and thats an enlargement of the internal organs. This proves they are on steriods, because they would only abuse GH if they had got as far as steriods could take them. In fact a few bodybuilders (I haven't the names to hand) have died in the past few years because of GH and insulin abuse.

Dangerous or what eh..

Take what you want from what I have said as I probably won't check back, but steriods are so mis-nowadays that I feel almost obliged to jump in.

Anywho no offence meant to anyone,
Congrats Marius!

Last edited by Nick C; 03-01-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:50 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

At last a balanced argument about steroid use but also how much genetics, diet, training, dedication and desire plays a part.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well said Nick C. You obviously know your shit.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:48 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by Coldo
Well said Nick C. You obviously know your shit.
he knows his suppliments too so it seems

as for your "all wrestlers and bodybuilders are on roids" look at someone line john cena (pics of him were put up somewhere in this thread)

the guy is massivly strong and, even though he has got a little bigger, he's always been that big chunky guy who had a lot of strength

it seems that the other "mth" is that roids give you strength, i don't think they do, all they do, depending on what roids you are talking about, is give you less tiem in between training breaks so you can train harder, in the simplest form of explanation and you only have to look at a lot of the wrestlers who have dropped 2 sizes since the start of the new improved wellness policey implemented after the chris benoit saga to realise that it's a lot harder now to "get away with it" than it's been in the past
Old 03-01-2009, 08:03 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Without starting up a huge roids thread, they simply give you a boost in testosterone in order to train harder, give you more aggression, muscles grow bigger and all round be a more competitive and stronger athlete. I ain't no expert in gear, I've just done a lot of reading on them as I've been training for about 2-3 or so years now and it has become part of my life (training that is, not roids!).
Old 03-01-2009, 08:18 PM
chrisj28
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

dojj test based steroids providing there not fake will increase your strength stamina and recovery abilities no end i dont know where you get your info from mate.as for roid rage if you are a nob without gear you will still be a nob with gear its all about your personality roid rage is bullcrap mate
Old 03-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

Dojj you need to get in the real world...john cena's obviously full of the stuff too.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Nash_mr2
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Coldo
Who is it? I cant see him? (waves hand across face)
LMFAO @ the hand waving comment
Old 03-01-2009, 08:50 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Originally Posted by chrisj28
as for roid rage if you are a nob without gear you will still be a nob with gear its all about your personality roid rage is bullcrap mate
If that was aimed at me from when I said it gives you more aggression I don't mean in terms of being a short fused land mine mate but more in terms of having that extra grit and determination in the gym to push harder and do more rather than become a lunatic.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:58 PM
chrisj28

If that was aimed at me from when I said it gives you more aggression I don't mean in terms of being a short fused land mine mate but more in terms of having that extra grit and determination in the gym to push harder and do more rather than become a lunatic.
you seem to have a understanding of what you are talking about bud. im surprised you dont realise that diet nutrition training and genetics will only take you to your natural limits if you want to be the best at what you do its understandable why athletes take perfomance enhancers
Old 03-01-2009, 09:12 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

you seem to have a understanding of what you are talking about bud. im surprised you dont realise that diet nutrition training and genetics will only take you to your natural limits if you want to be the best at what you do its understandable why athletes take perfomance enhancers
If you look at one of my previous posts mate, I explicitly said that people hit a "limit" in their size whereby they will be killing themselves in the gym and eating the earth for very little or no gain in strength or size and they would turn to steroids to give them a kick start if you like. That's the reason why I've been training in the gym for 2-3 years I'm 19, 5ft 8in and 66kg and my mate is about 5ft 9in and being training for 3-4 years but weighs 77kg and looks like a bulldozer compared to me. He can lift almost double everything I lift and more on some muscles and I know even with maybe another year or two training under my belt I still (probably) won't be at his physique currently no matter how hard I train or tailor my diet. Just one of those things you have to live with your genetics.

Last edited by pani_k; 03-01-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:23 PM
chrisj28

im 29 5 7 100kgs i have been tranining on and off since i was 15 its not just about how much weight you lift its how you lift it if you want to put muscle on correct form is the key. ive done a couple of cycles when i was 22 23
Old 04-01-2009, 11:33 AM
dojj

dojj test based steroids providing there not fake will increase your strength stamina and recovery abilities no end i dont know where you get your info from mate.as for roid rage if you are a nob without gear you will still be a nob with gear its all about your personality roid rage is bullcrap mate
which is basicly what i was saying
but i can't remember posting about roid rage in this thread so you may be confusing 2 different posts

Originally Posted by Nash_mr2
LMFAO @ the hand waving comment

i agree with that, but also agree witht he guy who said that if you are a twat without roids you have the ability to become mroe of a twat with the roids, rise of the footsoldier demosntrates that fact quite well i think

again, i think that subject has been agreed upon in previous posts but....

If you look at one of my previous posts mate, I explicitly said that people hit a "limit" in their size whereby they will be killing themselves in the gym and eating the earth for very little or no gain in strength or size and they would turn to steroids to give them a kick start if you like. That's the reason why I've been training in the gym for 2-3 years I'm 19, 5ft 8in and 66kg and my mate is about 5ft 9in and being training for 3-4 years but weighs 77kg and looks like a bulldozer compared to me. He can lift almost double everything I lift and more on some muscles and I know even with maybe another year or two training under my belt I still (probably) won't be at his physique currently no matter how hard I train or tailor my diet. Just one of those things you have to live with your genetics.
from personal experience, my brother is around 3 or 4 stone heavier than me on any given day, and is baout 2 inches shorter, but i'm stronger than him when it comes to lifting stuff, even with my weakened frame
i could go out, train, eat right and put on a bit of size, but i'm hampered by the problems i've had in the past, but my cousins, several of them can put on lots of mass in a fairly short period of time training, that's not eating loads and larding about, it's going to the shed at the back of the house and pumping iron with a set of dumbells and a barbell, so i know exactly what you are onabout when yousay peole are different naturally

but no one is going to be as big as these powerlifting strong men without having the right stuff in the first place genetically, so to get you to that next level you need to start doing chemicals to help you out

at the end of the day, the best guy won from a range of tests to rpooev he is, probably, the greatest strongman of his generation, the same with magunson, the same with sigmarson, and possibly the same as kasmier at the start

Last edited by dojj; 04-01-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:47 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im actually reading this post with my mouth wide open, are some of you really this nieve..

Jesus christ some of the bullshit on here is un-real, the saying fits so well...a little bit of knowledge....

As for the 100kg guy who can bench 500lbs...who is all natural...id like to see proof of that...
Old 04-01-2009, 01:10 PM
RobL
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by JoeE30
Im actually reading this post with my mouth wide open, are some of you really this nieve..

Jesus christ some of the bullshit on here is un-real, the saying fits so well...a little bit of knowledge....

As for the 100kg guy who can bench 500lbs...who is all natural...id like to see proof of that...
its quite funny just how nieve some folk are
noone ever seems to admit to using steriods either ,even the ones that so obviuosly are using them
Old 04-01-2009, 04:19 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by JoeE30

that would be my cousin, 5 foot 8 and 100 kgs
he's got a metal plate in his back how so can only bench about 125kgs before it starts to give him gyp, but i've seen it with my own eyes, same as the other stuff i've seen him do (he used to teach karate in his younger days (he's 50 now) but 3 times a week he would do 1000+ press ups, 1000+ squats and 1000+ squat thrusts based on each of this 12-17 students doing 100 of each and matching them) so i don't really care what you tell me he can't do

i've even seen him drink 4 pints of milk in 5 minutes, i bet you find something on the internet that disagrees with that too

the point i'm trying to make is that you don't seem to believe that things happen that you can't find out about until 20 years later and then, when said person can't do those things of their youth, you can point the finger and say "told you so"
Old 04-01-2009, 04:22 PM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

back to the original post....................watched it last night.............even though i knew the result i was still on the edge of my seat.........great stuff