General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

mariuz wins!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 07:49 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts
Default mariuz wins!!!!!!

5 time worlds strongest man
Old 02-01-2009, 07:50 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the guy is incredible
Old 02-01-2009, 07:55 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Amazing, and sporting an injury, i dont know how he does it hes superhuman
Old 02-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

i could have him

Old 02-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Big lad!

Old 02-01-2009, 07:59 PM
dojj

poundstone was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO close to winning with that last stone

can't help but feel sorry for him, he must be gutted

nice sporting way that marius put him off at the end though
Old 02-01-2009, 08:06 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

yeah but it was never going to stop him from finishing 2nd really

Trending Topics

Old 02-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

was one of the best finals in years,have to feel sorry for big tel though
Old 02-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Ginger Will
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Go Mariuz! But I have to say that I think that Terry Hollands was a disapointment. I think that I had more admiration for Laurence Shahlaei as he seemed to push homself hard and Jimmi Marku as he had a lot of heart, I just feely big Tel was not pushing himself and had given up.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:58 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Ginger Will
Go Mariuz! But I have to say that I think that Terry Hollands was a disapointment. I think that I had more admiration for Laurence Shahlaei as he seemed to push homself hard and Jimmi Marku as he had a lot of heart, I just feely big Tel was not pushing himself and had given up.
yeah, but if im being honest i never even entertained the thought of terry winning or coming close, theres just too many very very good guys which are simply stronger/faster
Old 02-01-2009, 09:02 PM
gus
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BM08
yeah, but if im being honest i never even entertained the thought of terry winning or coming close, theres just too many very very good guys which are simply stronger/faster

my thoughts also
Old 02-01-2009, 09:02 PM
mad dog younge

terry has done better in the last few years .2 night was shite for him.i think they should do a drugs test on puds .
Old 02-01-2009, 09:03 PM
mad dog younge

how do i practice a plane pull.do i just go to my local air port and ask lol
Old 02-01-2009, 09:06 PM
chrisj28
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by mad dog younge
terry has done better in the last few years .2 night was shite for him.i think they should do a drugs test on puds .
test them all then see how many fail not 1 will pass
Old 02-01-2009, 09:14 PM
brizie
PassionFord Regular

Fucking loved the way he celebrated by jumping all over poundstone as hes still trying t get the last stone up
Old 02-01-2009, 09:29 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by chrisj28
test them all then see how many fail not 1 will pass
I thought their all tested and HAVE to pass otherwise they cant enter?
I remember one year mariusz's polish mate yarek dymek couldnt enter because he was found to be using drugs or something.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Pete frst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

5x world champion,wonder if he can make it 6?...........
Old 02-01-2009, 09:43 PM
chrisj28

drugs are part of the sport in one way or another im not saying its bad its just the way it is. As for the drug tests the govening body will tell the strongmen months in advance when they are going to test them to give them chance to get the steroids out of their system
Old 02-01-2009, 09:44 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

I'm pretty sure they are tested all through the year even in off season randomly. Those guys are just naturally big.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by pani_k
I'm pretty sure they are tested all through the year even in off season randomly. Those guys are just naturally big.
Quote of the day!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:47 PM
krypton

Damm missed it. Mariuz was stripped off his tittle one year for drugs so they must test them.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:52 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Originally Posted by Kieron
Quote of the day!
Eh?
Old 02-01-2009, 11:16 PM
bigchez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Is it repeated anytime? I totally forgot!
Old 02-01-2009, 11:30 PM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

comedy
Old 02-01-2009, 11:36 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Are you lot actually having a laugh? Or are you just some of the ignorant morons like everyone else that thinks every guy weighs more than about 15 stone is on steroids automatically?

As for the drug testing, they don't give you weeks and weeks in advance only a set number of days. Drugs can also be detected in your system 3 MONTHS AFTER you have stopped taken them. Samples from your hair can show drugs that have been in your bloodstream months after you've stopped takin them. Why do you think there are natural body building competitions held with those guys being ridiculously massive as well? Shall I show you some of them that enter the natural body building comps and you tell me if they are on drugs too when they could be spot tested at any time knowing that drugs can be detected months after you've stopped taking them?
Old 02-01-2009, 11:40 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Quality final, really enjoyed it. Poundstone had him until he dropped that last stone, gutted for him but Mariuz is a very worthy winner.

What a body too, in a totally non-gay way he is perfection, in my eyes anyway, lean as anything carrying mega muscle.

Well done to him.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:55 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

And also just for your information (not that you deserve to know) but they keep samples well past their test date for a certain duration (can't remember how long exactly- maybe up to a year but not sure) since some drugs cannot be detected under certain tests but new methods are constantly developed and samples are then retested against the new methods to see if they test positive for drugs that were previously undetectable under previous methods.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:10 AM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

Are you lot actually having a laugh? Or are you just some of the ignorant morons like everyone else that thinks every guy weighs more than about 15 stone is on steroids automatically?

As for the drug testing, they don't give you weeks and weeks in advance only a set number of days. Drugs can also be detected in your system 3 MONTHS AFTER you have stopped taken them. Samples from your hair can show drugs that have been in your bloodstream months after you've stopped takin them. Why do you think there are natural body building competitions held with those guys being ridiculously massive as well? Shall I show you some of them that enter the natural body building comps and you tell me if they are on drugs too when they could be spot tested at any time knowing that drugs can be detected months after you've stopped taking them?
M8 off the top of my head at moment as its late but i can think of atleast 10 diff steroids that are out of your system within days!! Nobody can get to 300lbs naturally m8,no way whatsoever.Noone has the perfect genetics to able that.Mariuz is no way shape or form natural and if you seriously think that then your completely crazy!! You just need to look at the structure of his muscles to see that

Back on topic well done Mariuz
Old 03-01-2009, 12:15 AM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Whilst many people will think that all athletes over 100-110kg are totally fake, I for one beg to differ. I've seen, read and understand enough about genetics and the human body to know what it is capable of. While I concede that there are many steroid users out there, in professional sports such as strongman, I doubt many of them if any use steroids whilst training or competing. Just makes my blood boil when people come out with comments such as they are all on steroids and they are all fakes and ignorant people that see people with a bit of muscle and go "steroids".
Old 03-01-2009, 12:24 AM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

I know exactly what your saying m8 and it does anger me when i know someone who is natural gets accused of using steroids to get their build but when you look at mariuz and see how low body fat he has and his weight you should know he is not natural also if you look at his muscles whilst he does an excercise you can see his muscle structure is not that or natural build either as you should see in shoulders mainly almost every strand of muscle whereas his is bulky looking,too rounded if you know what i mean,should look like a chicken breast when torn down the middle all starngly looking and it iseant

Also in prefessional sports you should maybe wath Bigger,Stronger,Faster and you will see from head sprts cheif of american athletics that they covered up atleast 98 (IIRC!!) positive steroid tests so that they could still put through theyre best athletes to compete in games in 80's
Old 03-01-2009, 09:26 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by snedboy
M8 off the top of my head at moment as its late but i can think of atleast 10 diff steroids that are out of your system within days!! Nobody can get to 300lbs naturally m8,no way whatsoever.Noone has the perfect genetics to able that.Mariuz is no way shape or form natural and if you seriously think that then your completely crazy!! You just need to look at the structure of his muscles to see that

Back on topic well done Mariuz
i would like to point you in the direction of these guys
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/batista/photos01/
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/kane/photos1/
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackd...r/photographs/
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackdown/bigshow/photos/
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackd...kozlov/photos/
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackd...khali/photos1/
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/kane/photos1/
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/mikeknox/photos/

they are all 6 foot 6 plus and the other side of 300lbs, so just look at the difference in their physiques

dalip singh is 7 foot 3 and 420lbs and looks farily in proportion for his size, where as big show is 7 foot tall and 441lbs and looks like a fat slob

Whilst many people will think that all athletes over 100-110kg are totally fake, I for one beg to differ. I've seen, read and understand enough about genetics and the human body to know what it is capable of. While I concede that there are many steroid users out there, in professional sports such as strongman, I doubt many of them if any use steroids whilst training or competing. Just makes my blood boil when people come out with comments such as they are all on steroids and they are all fakes and ignorant people that see people with a bit of muscle and go "steroids".
agreed
my cousins has benched 500lbs worth of free weights, i was there with a few others spotting him, and he's not taken any drugs in his life other than alchol and pain killers and is only 5 foot 8 but 100 kgs

and while i understand what sned is trying to say, i think that he's generalising way way too much
Old 03-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Dojj, if you think those guys have never taken any form of aas in their life you are seriously niave or dont really know much about bodybuilding/the human body.

Steroids isnt only jabbing a needle in your arse, it can be oral in tablet form too, some last for months, some last weeks and some last days. Some strains are undectable or un-tested by the wwe and the WSM boards, these guys know the ways around the tests and the governing bodies know fine what drugs are commonly used in their respective sports.

Most* WSM and WWE athletes DO use steroids in one form or another, probably not all, but some.

For example, Mariuz would not be the size and shape he is without some form of supplement. I do agree people are far too quick to brand any big guy a steroid user though, some are naturally big for sure.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:03 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

The WWE is probably not a good example to use of natural physiques. The only person in the WWE whose physique I truely admire is Bobby Lashley. It doesn't look anywhere as un natural as most wrestlers and has very good symmetry. I wouldn't like to guess whether he has ever taken steroids before but I still admire his physique. It looks perfectly proportioned and symmetrical.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:06 PM
chrisj28

Pani k you are deluded if you think wsm competitors are not using gear i dont want to sound like a tit but you know very little if you think any of them are natural
Old 03-01-2009, 12:11 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Im not gay but always thought this dude looked good, not fat and not skinny

Old 03-01-2009, 12:21 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Originally Posted by chrisj28
Pani k you are deluded if you think wsm competitors are not using gear i dont want to sound like a tit but you know very little if you think any of them are natural
You know for a fact that they are all that size due to roids? I'm not going to say every single one of them is 100% natural as I know it isn't the case but please do not tar them all with the same brush. There are compulsory drug tests before, during and after competitions, there are spot tests and there are ways and means to detect drugs as stated above. Obviously there are those that are undetectable as said previously too. Some people just have the genetics in them and can actually grow to become that big with the correct diet and training. I know there are some that hit a "limit" in their size and need the extra kick to go to the next stage and will hit gear to get them there. I'd just like to see a bit more respect for the amount of training and strict nutrition that these guys have rather than thinking they are all pumped up synthetic fakes.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by BM08
Im not gay but always thought this dude looked good, not fat and not skinny

Who is it? I cant see him? (waves hand across face)
Old 03-01-2009, 12:29 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

He posted up wresting people when i used to watch it as a kid i used to want to look like him

All i need now is the padlock and chain
Old 03-01-2009, 12:35 PM
chrisj28

You know for a fact that they are all that size due to roids? I'm not going to say every single one of them is 100% natural as I know it isn't the case but please do not tar them all with the same brush. There are compulsory drug tests before, during and after competitions, there are spot tests and there are ways and means to detect drugs as stated above. Obviously there are those that are undetectable as said previously too. Some people just have the genetics in them and can actually grow to become that big with the correct diet and training. I know there are some that hit a "limit" in their size and need the extra kick to go to the next stage and will hit gear to get them there. I'd just like to see a bit more respect for the amount of training and strict nutrition that these guys have rather than thinking they are all pumped up synthetic fakes.
ive never said once that they are fake ive a lot of respect for these athletes the dedication and effort they put in is unbeliveable. If you think some of them are natural thats fine you are entitled to your opinion
Old 03-01-2009, 12:39 PM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

i know someone who competed in wsm, last time was about 5 years ago,very good friend of mine and my training partner, take it from me ,steriod use is rampant.

Quick Reply: mariuz wins!!!!!!