General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Speed cameras on the M1 junc 6 to 9

Search this Thread

Old 14-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Dan@Rapid-Ford
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed cameras on the M1 junc 6 to 9

Just got back in and I think they have removed some of the cameras on the north bound section I wasn't driving so wasn't paying full attention until I saw a post with the no cameras I know I definatly saw the first camera but from then on didn't see any.

I've gotta go back down this week so will double check but don't go speeding and blame me

but I think they might finish on time to start digging it up again in the new year
Old 14-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its shorter i know that, i was on there today too,,,,, SHAME ITS STILL A 50 EVEN THOUGH THAt PARTS TOTALLY FINISHED OFF !!!
Old 14-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Dan@Rapid-Ford
PassionFord Post Troll

thats true, but it shouldn't be too much longer tonight all 4 lanes were open only the hard shoulder had cones on it.

They have closed it off to 1 lane at 10pm every night for the last 2 or 3 weeks and 2miles off standing traffic at 12pm is not funny
Old 14-12-2008, 10:26 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

it does look like it could be finished soon!shame they have not done anything with the M25 junction for the M1 as thats a bottle neck as well!
Old 14-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone stuck in the crash at 7ish today,,,,, bit further up though but closed BOTH ways,,,, fucked me right off too !!!
Old 14-12-2008, 11:22 PM
CoupeUK
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Camera's have been removed, replaced by unmarked patrols.

Road is being handed back from Balfour Beatty to the Government on the 20th Dec at 6am.

Works will continue throughout 09, with partial closures due to snagging works.

The bridge over M1 J10 will be closed at some point due to subsidence.

Yes, there is closures every night but thats only for the lane markings and white lines being layed down.

All cones to be removed this coming Wednesday, apart from the M10 northbound which will stay until beginning of 09.

Contraflow and widening works currently happening from M1 J's 11-13 from what I hear on the grapevine!

The M1/M25 interchange is due to be revamped starting in 09 to complete the final leg of the M1 widening structure.

M25 roadworks possibly starting in April09, due to last 15years. Works from J16-J23 clock/anti-clockwise.

And in regards, yes the average speed cams have gone but please dont speed through there, me and my colleagues lives are in danger as it is with idiots skimming past at 50, oblivious to me recovering cars/HGV's from all over the carriageway, I wouldnt like to lose my life to one of you lot hitting me at 50mph+!
Old 14-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Dan@Rapid-Ford
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by CoupeUK
Camera's have been removed, replaced by unmarked patrols.

Road is being handed back from Balfour Beatty to the Government on the 20th Dec at 6am.

Works will continue throughout 09, with partial closures due to snagging works.

The bridge over M1 J10 will be closed at some point due to subsidence.

Yes, there is closures every night but thats only for the lane markings and white lines being layed down.

All cones to be removed this coming Wednesday, apart from the M10 northbound which will stay until beginning of 09.

Contraflow and widening works currently happening from M1 J's 11-13 from what I hear on the grapevine!

The M1/M25 interchange is due to be revamped starting in 09 to complete the final leg of the M1 widening structure.

M25 roadworks possibly starting in April09, due to last 15years. Works from J16-J23 clock/anti-clockwise.

And in regards, yes the average speed cams have gone but please dont speed through there, me and my colleagues lives are in danger as it is with idiots skimming past at 50, oblivious to me recovering cars/HGV's from all over the carriageway, I wouldnt like to lose my life to one of you lot hitting me at 50mph+!
It's going to be excellent when it is finished. Make the journey to and from London a lot quicker.

Thanks for the info.
Old 15-12-2008, 07:22 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

beend riving up and down that stretch for the past 8 years

widening has seriously impreovved the traffic flow even though there has been more traffic to contend with because you can see the potential when it's all opened up

going up there on wednesday night so i'll report back what i find
Old 15-12-2008, 11:37 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Its a never ending cycle that we wont see a great benefit from in the near future in my opinion. As soon as they finish one section they start up another section next too it or near it. Even if they do 'finish' it all, by that time they'll be even more cars on the road so it all starts again!

Its been proven that road widening does not have a significant impact on the flow of traffic yet they insist that thats the way forward.

They need to target driving habits and alter other driving laws to help the flow of traffic, like increasing speed limits, lane disipline and just the general shit driving on motorways by both car drivers and lorry drivers. Clearing accidents/breakdowns up quicker would also be a start.

All what happens if you widen a stretch of motorway is that instead of lorries taking up two lanes on a motorways overtaking at a snail pace, they will take up 3 of 4, or 4 of 5 which puts a halt to the vehicles behind them making progress so the same/similar amount of cars get through than before anyway.
Old 15-12-2008, 12:02 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

that's right, lorry drivers are all cunts

only the other day, on some motorway, lane 1 was out, so the cunts were in lanes 2 AND 3 driving their shit at 50 miles a fucking hour

and don't get me started on them being twats and driving "in convoy" to stop everyone else getting past them when the filter lanes start filtering

make them ALL stay in lane 1, anything with more than 2 axles shoudln't be allowed out regardless of how fast or slow they are going to be permited in anything other than the inside lane on any road
Old 15-12-2008, 12:13 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dojj
and don't get me started on them being twats and driving "in convoy" to stop everyone else getting past them when the filter lanes start filtering
Now that really annoys me! Especially when it says 'USE BOTH LANES WHEN QUEUEING'. Yes it means the actual lorry blocking it will get through quicker but that does help the total chaos they have caused behind them. Very selfish are some lorry drivers can be! (i sound like yoda with that last bit so ill leave it! )

Most lorry drivers seem to think they know best, when in reality they are actually a MAJOR cause of congestion on the roads.

Wait them all to come on here now saying we would starve and die without them.

Last edited by S1rst; 15-12-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old 15-12-2008, 12:19 PM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i Was on the M1 sat and must admit i only say a few cameras
Old 15-12-2008, 06:11 PM
CoupeUK
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by dojj
beend riving up and down that stretch for the past 8 years

widening has seriously impreovved the traffic flow even though there has been more traffic to contend with because you can see the potential when it's all opened up

going up there on wednesday night so i'll report back what i find
I work doing the free recovery through the M1 J6-9 so have slowly seen the difference the widening has made.

When I first started nearly 2 years ago, between 4.15 and 6pm the traffic would regularly stack up from the M25 slip up to J7 where the M10 joins. Over the last few weeks when they have trialled the motorway being fully open, I have never seen it stacked up onto the M25, yes it is slow around 6a but nowhere near as bad!

Worse case for me is that I have to use the works access and fly up through the roadworks to beat the traffic, happy days lol