General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

F-ing chavs

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 10:22 AM
zedtechs
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-ing chavs

Friday night I was driving to Lakeside on the A13 going under the 5 bells roundabout at basildon, I was in the fast lane doing 60-70 because of the rain.

From nowhere this chav in an old corsa with big loud exhaust, white rear lights (illegal cos the bulbs had not been changed) alloys and grey plastic bumpers decides to undertake me then pull out into the fast lane must of been about 80mph, when all off a sudden the car in front of him brakes hards, the chav brakes and locks up, his car goes to hit the central reservation when he flicks the wheel the other way causing him to spin 180 degrees and end up coming towards me.

Freakin weird travelling at 70mph seeing a car coming towards you, oh and by this time the Mrs was playing it cool screaming her lungs out. So I put the anchors on and skid a bit in the rain, luckilly I pull into the slow lane but his car is out of control and I could see he was about to hit me so I blipped the throttle and just bumped the car up a kerb and into a bush, he came to a standstill facing the wrong way on the A13, and I was facing the bush sideways on the road. So all in all a lucky escape, apart from he got out off the car and started shouting "your okay because I haven't hit you", which I then told him to get back in the car and drive off before I get upset.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:25 AM
mk2rstaff
PassionFord Post Whore!!

got to love the little tossers lol
Old 08-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Nash_mr2
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by zedtechs
"your okay because I haven't hit you", .
...to wich you should have replied "on the contrary" - SMACK!!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

so this could've been avoided if you weren't hogging the fast lane?!
Old 08-12-2008, 11:57 AM
zedtechs
Regular Contributor

Not at all mate, the weather was shite on Friday night and I can only go as fast as the car in front, which I was keeping a safe distance from (chevron apart road markings). The Corsa steered into the gap between us and made it an UNSAFE distance for the conditions.

Just to clear everything up for people who want to argue, the A13 at 18:30 on a Friday night is quite a busy road, it is not possible to go any faster!!!!!

Last edited by zedtechs; 08-12-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

I was in the fast lane doing 60-70 because of the rain.
WHAT ???
Old 08-12-2008, 12:03 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lambchop
so this could've been avoided if you weren't hogging the fast lane?!
The guy was driving like a cunt, since when has it been ok to undertake

I would have been close to putting the guy on the ground, hes lucky it wasnt me
Old 08-12-2008, 12:07 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

there is no "fast lane" there is the normal lane, theren there is the overtaking lane
Old 08-12-2008, 12:07 PM
pa_sjo
Colossal Pervert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BM08
The guy was driving like a cunt, since when has it been ok to undertake

I would have been close to putting the guy on the ground, hes lucky it wasnt me
Since when has it been okay to sit in the overtaking lane?
Old 08-12-2008, 12:10 PM
notroubleclubber
Back In The RS Game!

dojj is right ---- im bloody cheesed off with people using the fast lane as a cruise lane!!!

BTW - The guy was wrong to undertake and obviously being a twat so the above doesnt condone his behaviour!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 12:41 PM
zedtechs
Regular Contributor

No offense but I don't know where you guys live, but in Essex and this road in particular is very traffic heavy with cars in both lanes, and as stated before the time of day and place meant that both lanes were packed!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 12:46 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pa_sjo
Since when has it been okay to sit in the overtaking lane?
He wasnt if you read properly
Old 08-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

So you were hoggin the outside lane, AND breaking the speed limit in less-than-perfect conditions, then moan that a chav spoiled your day?
Old 08-12-2008, 12:47 PM
pa_sjo
Colossal Pervert

Originally Posted by BM08
He wasnt if you read properly
To be undertaken means you're in the wrong lane.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:04 PM
zedtechs
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by Thrush
So you were hoggin the outside lane, AND breaking the speed limit in less-than-perfect conditions, then moan that a chav spoiled your day?

1) YES that is correct if 60-70 is BREAKING the speed limit

2) Although in the outside lane where have I put that I was constantly driving in this lane

FUCK SAKE people you tell a story and get moaned at, great community spirit
Old 08-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

2) Although in the outside lane where have I put that I was constantly driving in this lane

It happens if your not in the clique mate. It's the joys of the Internet.

At least you and the mrs are ok though!

Tim
Old 08-12-2008, 01:11 PM
dojj

2 lanes of traffic, you are in the "outside" lane
someone has carved through the traffic to get in front of you
lost control
had an off
causing you to scream like a little girl
you didn't damage your car by avoiding the other traffic
you carried on your way

the "facts" without any need for expanding the tale with descriptions of chavs in corsa's
Old 08-12-2008, 01:18 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by pa_sjo
To be undertaken means you're in the wrong lane.
Actually means you're dead.
He was overtaken on the nearside.

Tiff, he said he was in a car, national speed limit on a dual carriageway is 70mph for cars.

In some situations, like heavy traffic, every time you correctly moved back to lane 1, you'd soon have to overtake again, slowing the traffic behind, if you're lucky enough to find a space.
Just end up going backwards.
He was keeping up with the flow of traffic, and rightly or wrongly was keeping lane changes to a minimum.

Having a 4 second seperation gap (correct in the rain) has led to him being labelled a lane hogger.
Anyone behind can only go the same speed as him, so not as if he's holding anyone up at all.

Someone's driven like a complete cunt in the rain, nearly caused a pile up, yet zed is target of abuse, love this place sometimes
Old 08-12-2008, 01:21 PM
zedtechs
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by dojj
2 lanes of traffic, you are in the "outside" lane
someone has carved through the traffic to get in front of you
lost control
had an off
causing you to scream like a little girl
you didn't damage your car by avoiding the other traffic
you carried on your way

the "facts" without any need for expanding the tale with descriptions of chavs in corsa's
Fuck me, end this thread someone.................If nobody wants to read the posts correctly than I'm giving up. Think I will stop posting from now on if this is how you get treated!!!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

What do you mean "if 60-70 is BREAKING the speed limit" ??? (I also don't understand your use of capitals in the word "breaking" )

Bearing in mind it's the A13 and not a motorway, then the speed limit of 50mph surely denotes that doing <70 is indeed breaking the speed limit

Now I'm not saying I don't speed, and I doubt anyone will on here, but you've already stated the road was packed, it was raining, and insinuated that you were actually driving a LOWER speed than normal due to the rain.

Then you go on the blame a corsa for wreaking havok on the road, pointing at him for speeding and under taking.

Since I drive for most of the day on a daily basis, I see this day in and day out. If the road/drivign conditions were less than perfect, you shouldn't have been 20mph over the posted limit anyway. Secondly, unless you are overtaking, you should always be in the furthest most left lane. "Slow" lanes, "fast" lanes, "lorry" lanes etc do not exist. All you have is a driving lane, and either 1, 2, or sometimes 3 "overtaking lanes"

As such, if someone wants to overtake you and it's safe to do so, you should always move to the left to let them past.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:24 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I think he was being sarcastic.
Was he in a hgv for it to be 50mph limit?
Old 08-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by C4llyT
Actually means you're dead.
He was overtaken on the nearside.

Tiff, he said he was in a car, national speed limit on a dual carriageway is 70mph for cars.
In some situations, like heavy traffic, every time you correctly moved back to lane 1, you'd soon have to overtake again, slowing the traffic behind, if you're lucky enough to find a space.
Just end up going backwards.
He was keeping up with the flow of traffic, and rightly or wrongly was keeping lane changes to a minimum.

Having a 4 second seperation gap (correct in the rain) has led to him being labelled a lane hogger.
Anyone behind can only go the same speed as him, so not as if he's holding anyone up at all.

Someone's driven like a complete cunt in the rain, nearly caused a pile up, yet zed is target of abuse, love this place sometimes
I think he was being sarcastic.
Was he in a hgv for it to be 50mph limit?

The majority of the A13, untill you get right out into the countryside, is 50mph limit
Old 08-12-2008, 01:27 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The majority of the A13, untill you get right out into the countryside, is 50mph limit
I don't know the road, but going from his saying he was only doing 60-70 due to rain led me to believe this was within the posted limit.

I wouldn't say I was only doing 40 or 50 when in a 30, would be stupid to word it this way.
I apologise if I'm wrong of course.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:32 PM
zedtechs
Regular Contributor

What do you mean "if 60-70 is BREAKING the speed limit" ??? (I also don't understand your use of capitals in the word "breaking" )

Bearing in mind it's the A13 and not a motorway, then the speed limit of 50mph surely denotes that doing <70 is indeed breaking the speed limit

Now I'm not saying I don't speed, and I doubt anyone will on here, but you've already stated the road was packed, it was raining, and insinuated that you were actually driving a LOWER speed than normal due to the rain.

Then you go on the blame a corsa for wreaking havok on the road, pointing at him for speeding and under taking.

Since I drive for most of the day on a daily basis, I see this day in and day out. If the road/drivign conditions were less than perfect, you shouldn't have been 20mph over the posted limit anyway. Secondly, unless you are overtaking, you should always be in the furthest most left lane. "Slow" lanes, "fast" lanes, "lorry" lanes etc do not exist. All you have is a driving lane, and either 1, 2, or sometimes 3 "overtaking lanes"

As such, if someone wants to overtake you and it's safe to do so, you should always move to the left to let them past.

Okay, As a person who accepts and understands people's posts before commenting. I would believe that you have no experience of this road, which is in fact a dual carriageway, and unless I need to take my theory test again the speed limit on a dual carriageway is 70mph.

Now as for 60-70mph I cannot tell you my exact speed as It wasn't the last thing I looked at.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

LOL at this thread, i knew it would get heated.

Have to agree with Dojj on this one.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:47 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Okay, As a person who accepts and understands people's posts before commenting. I would believe that you have no experience of this road, which is in fact a dual carriageway, and unless I need to take my theory test again the speed limit on a dual carriageway is 70mph.

Now as for 60-70mph I cannot tell you my exact speed as It wasn't the last thing I looked at.
It could be 30,40.50,60 or 70 mate.

Were there national speed limit signs?
Also led me to believe it was 70 as you were doing this speed and keeping with flow of traffic.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

being undertaken means your in the wrong lane
Old 08-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Erm, I drive down it virtualy everyday And my brother lives round the corner from Lakeside so I drive that bit quite a lot aswell.

Have a look next time you drive down it - the majority is signposted 50mph
Old 08-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Also led me to believe it was 70 as you were doing this speed and keeping with flow of traffic.
Rubbish - if I do 90 on a motorway and keep with the flow, does that mean the speed limit is 90? No, it just means everyone else was speeding aswell
Old 08-12-2008, 02:07 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i think this has got abit confused here!he says he was moving with the flow with traffic i.e he was moving with the flow of traffic with a constant gap in front of him!how does this mean he was hogging the outside lane?you telling me that you dont sit say in the middle lane doing 65mph just going with the flow of the traffic does this mean i am hogging the middle lane ??

the bloke was clearly acting a willy and showing off in his corsa (like we all have done in the past!)
Old 08-12-2008, 02:14 PM
pa_sjo
Colossal Pervert

Noone is doubting the chav is the idiot of the story.. but as the chav isn't on here to ridicule then the next best thing is to find the nearest fault in the story
Old 08-12-2008, 02:16 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Rubbish - if I do 90 on a motorway and keep with the flow, does that mean the speed limit is 90? No, it just means everyone else was speeding aswell
But you wouldn't say you were only doing 90, 20 over the limit, would you?
Sorry if I didn't make it clear that statement was meant in conjunction with the "only 60-70" part, I did say 'also' in my defence.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:17 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by mechanic28
i think this has got abit confused here!he says he was moving with the flow with traffic i.e he was moving with the flow of traffic with a constant gap in front of him!how does this mean he was hogging the outside lane?you telling me that you dont sit say in the middle lane doing 65mph just going with the flow of the traffic does this mean i am hogging the middle lane ??

the bloke was clearly acting a willy and showing off in his corsa (like we all have done in the past!)
With the flow of traffic means a big gap in the wet - 4 seconds - which few on here get anywhere near to I suspect, so they won't understand why he's 'so far' behind, unfortunately.
Often the case with driving properly, you're in the minority, and people wonder what the fuck you're up to
Old 08-12-2008, 02:26 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

With the flow of traffic means a big gap in the wet - 4 seconds - which few on here get anywhere near to I suspect, so they won't understand why he's 'so far' behind, unfortunately.
Often the case with driving properly, you're in the minority, and people wonder what the fuck you're up to

so it would seem
Old 08-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

To be fair, the OP never said anything about being 4 seconds behind the car in front, only that he had a chevron between him and the car in front (I thought in most cases it was 2 chevrons anyway)

But I do agree with you about people thinking you are "behind" and "holding them up" if you leave a safety gap between cars. I drive a lot on motorways and every single DAY it annoys me that I leave a safe gap between me and the car in front (2 seconds is the "book" gap for normal conditions) and other road users think that this gap is there for them to stick their car into! Which means I have to back off the throttle till a safe gap has opened between me and the new car, and lo and behold, another car thinks this is a gap for them to slide into

Which is why I spend most of my time in the "slow" lane (as people like to call it, even tho slow lanes don't exist) as a) people tend to leave you alone then, b) you often end up passing those in the middle lane anyway as they think cos they are in a car they can't possibly go in the "lorry/slow" lane, but instead sit and hog the middle lane, and c) IT's WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ANYWAY!!!

Plus half the time that lane can be faster cos of all the plums messing about swapping lanes in the middle and outside lanes, and constantly braking, speeding up, then braking again

Last edited by Thrush; 08-12-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:57 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Not at all mate, the weather was shite on Friday night and I can only go as fast as the car in front, which I was keeping a safe distance from
A safe distance in the wet at these speeds is 4 seconds.
I am assuming too much in this thread, but it sounds like he does know these things, and knows how to drive.

Don't see why he's getting the grief though, he posts up about someone driving like a twat and gets abuse from a load of people who can't drive themselves
Old 08-12-2008, 03:00 PM
dojj

Fuck me, end this thread someone.................If nobody wants to read the posts correctly than I'm giving up. Think I will stop posting from now on if this is how you get treated!!!!!
please don't leave
we have disected your post and corrected the errors you seem to have made in your descriptions
no one seems to be coming at you with sharped stakes and hammers because you've admitted to driving like a numpty, they seem to have the impression that, if you were in the outside lane, the nearside lane/s would be empty which is why chavman undertook you

it would be quite impossible for chavman to have undertaken you if there was traffic in the other lane/s so this descrepancy was enquired about in case there was other complications that may lead to your tale not being as cut and dried as it first appeared

you are also a new poster here and lots of us "test the water" to see how far youwill go before you have a popeye moment and go all spinachasaorus on us

Originally Posted by Lee Ivatt
LOL at this thread, i knew it would get heated.

Have to agree with Dojj on this one.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:06 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Dojj, a 4 second gap in the rain at those speeds is A1 driving.
Could have been a car in lane 1 3 second gap ahead.
This is a big gap to the cars behind.
It is not a large enough seperation gap, and as lane 2 was likely moving faster than lane 1, would soon close up, requiring him to brake, so he would be driving poorly if moving into lane 1.

Be some kind of idiot to keep changing lanes, slowing down, then changing lanes, and speeding up.
Not making good progress, not showing forward planning, not reading the road ahead.

He was driving correctly, don't target him for attack for doing so.

How close many are happy to drive to the car in front, anyone leaving a two second gap often has a car come up the nearside then fill it, hence why many drive so close in the first place.

Please appreciate the requirements of a safe seperation gap before posting again to tell someone driving safely, correctly, and to the road conditions, they can't drive...
Old 08-12-2008, 03:07 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by dojj
please don't leave
we have disected your post and corrected the errors you seem to have made in your descriptions
no one seems to be coming at you with sharped stakes and hammers because you've admitted to driving like a numpty, they seem to have the impression that, if you were in the outside lane, the nearside lane/s would be empty which is why chavman undertook you

it would be quite impossible for chavman to have undertaken you if there was traffic in the other lane/s so this descrepancy was enquired about in case there was other complications that may lead to your tale not being as cut and dried as it first appeared

you are also a new poster here and lots of us "test the water" to see how far youwill go before you have a popeye moment and go all spinachasaorus on us

Old 08-12-2008, 03:22 PM
zedtechs
Regular Contributor

Probably be targeted for more abuse when mentioning that I am also a member of the IAM and have been for 5 years.

Last edited by zedtechs; 08-12-2008 at 03:23 PM.

Quick Reply: F-ing chavs