General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

F-ing chavs

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
please don't leave
we have disected your post and corrected the errors you seem to have made in your descriptions
no one seems to be coming at you with sharped stakes and hammers because you've admitted to driving like a numpty, they seem to have the impression that, if you were in the outside lane, the nearside lane/s would be empty which is why chavman undertook you

it would be quite impossible for chavman to have undertaken you if there was traffic in the other lane/s so this descrepancy was enquired about in case there was other complications that may lead to your tale not being as cut and dried as it first appeared

you are also a new poster here and lots of us "test the water" to see how far youwill go before you have a popeye moment and go all spinachasaorus on us

Old 08-12-2008, 03:24 PM
pa_sjo
Colossal Pervert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Internet Anal Molesters?
Old 08-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by C4llyT
Dojj, a 4 second gap in the rain at those speeds is A1 driving.
That maybe so, but so far YOU are the only one saying anything about the gap being 4 seconds and YOU weren't there!!!!! The OP said "a chevron" which is not 4 seconds!
Old 08-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Stephen_B
I actually Bum This Place

Originally Posted by pa_sjo
Internet Anal Molesters?
Old 08-12-2008, 03:54 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

i'm not attacking anyone

i am mearly pointing out that some peole will see his being in the outside lane as not being a proper and correct manner of lane discipline if there is sufficiant gap for someone to undertake him

i quite agree that there should be a bigger gap in the wet, at least twice the gap there should be in the dry, and up to 10 times the gap in snow and icy conditions (advanced driving test, hgv test, pcv test, police one day awareness course as provided by the company i work for, 18 years worth of driving experience too)

but by me pointing out the things that others have commented on should explain why there was the reaction in the first place

if the op thinks it is safe to do 60 or 70 miles an hour in the rain as "that's all i could do", well then, that's open to a whole new level of interpretation by the members of the public

i could even see this going before a judge and the guy who crashed his corsa putting the blame on the op for hogging the outside lane when it was clear that he wasn't going as fast as the traffic in the inside lane, which doesn't constitue an undertake, it's mearly one lane of traffic moving faster than the other within the speed limits

i am happy that no one was injured, the corsa drivers pride, and of course the corsa not included in this as we are just taking about human causalties, but i'm sure one of our friends from the constabulary will come along and clear up this mess, no pun intended, with some wise words
Old 08-12-2008, 04:02 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Thrush
That maybe so, but so far YOU are the only one saying anything about the gap being 4 seconds and YOU weren't there!!!!! The OP said "a chevron" which is not 4 seconds!
Yeah like I said have assumed a lot.
If it was smaller as you say, makes the other drivers driving even worse, cutting down this chaps seperation gap down to a very small amount.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:04 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Dojj, it is 'undertaking', overtaking on the inside/nearside youy should call it being so highly trained, if you change lanes, like other driver did.
Some things you say are laughable to be honest.
Wanting to get past the car in front for not speeding, judge gives you a pat on the back
Old 08-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

This thread is f*cked up!

If you are behind traffic in the outside lane - which is lane that will be moving the quickest - you have no choice but to sit behind them.

Undertaking is illegal unless you are sitting in heavy traffic.

Also, I know some people are picking up on the OP's speed - which may or may not have been ideal for the road/conditions(I can't say as I don't live anywhere near there) - but if you are sitting at a steady speed in the outside lane behind somebody, keeping a good distance from them, then you are not exactly being a maniac. The twat in a chavmobile that undertakes you and loses control is the one in the wrong.

What are some of you people on posting on this thread? I cerainly don't fancy sharing the road with you.

Last edited by Alan_D; 08-12-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:17 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by C4llyT
Dojj, it is 'undertaking', overtaking on the inside/nearside youy should call it being so highly trained, if you change lanes, like other driver did.
Some things you say are laughable to be honest.
Wanting to get past the car in front for not speeding, judge gives you a pat on the back
right up until the guy changed lanes he may have been driving perfectly within the laws of the road

then he became an imbecile and ruined it all

i'm actually on the op's side believe it or not