General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

the result of waving kids across the road

Search this Thread

Old 15-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Smartdj.
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the result of waving kids across the road

this is my 11year old sisters leg after a bus driver waved her across the road ..

Old 15-11-2008, 07:53 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

what do you mean waved her across the road? i assume another motorist tried to overtake the bus or something?
Old 15-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Smartdj.
PassionFord Post Troll

just waved her across into oncoming trafic ...she was hit by a 4x4 doing no sless than 15mph...im not going to post the pic of hear head..is that a good enough reason not to wave kids kids across the road
Old 15-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

oh dear, hope she is gonna be ok
Old 15-11-2008, 08:08 PM
snoop69
Part of the Furniture

Is it not part of the driving test - do not wave people or other
motorists across the road & put them in danger of other road
users?

Thats disgusting that a professional driver could put a child through
that.

Feel for your daughter & your family.
Old 15-11-2008, 09:41 PM
rst90
nick

hope ur sister makes a full recovery mate did the twat bus driver own up to his actions he is supposed to be a responsible profesional driver
Old 15-11-2008, 09:45 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by snoop69
users?

that.

yeah thats right, for exactly this reason what a cock end
Old 15-11-2008, 09:50 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by snoop69
users?

that.

just because you have seen the person and stopped, doesn't mean other road users have too so they may not be aware of them

drilled home to all bus drivers when they used to join a new company or take their tests etc

perhaps he thought he was doing her a favour

hope she gets better soon
Old 16-11-2008, 12:02 AM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

my mum has a friend that did just that and a speeding taxi killed the person that crossed in front of her
Old 16-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

not nice at all. im sure everyone has waved someone across though at some point
Old 16-11-2008, 12:07 AM
Dan F
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Woah thats wrong
hope she recovers well

Dan
Old 16-11-2008, 12:11 AM
Smartdj.
PassionFord Post Troll

just to let u know she is fine it was a few months ago..i just wanted to say somthing and make people aware of what can happen..oh and the bus driver didnt get nothing
Old 16-11-2008, 12:41 AM
rssteve
Advanced PassionFord User

surely its also down to the pedestrian to use there eyes to check for traffic before crossing? Only tonight i saw an old lady trying to cross a busy road, i stopped she crossed, i think there would be more chance of her being hit if i hadn't stopped as ever car had to dodge her as she was in the middle of the road.
Old 16-11-2008, 12:48 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Glad shes ok, but Shes 11 and should have looked before stepping out beyond the bus. We all make mistakes and it was a mistake on 2 parts that led to her accident, one the bus driver waving and most importantly her not looking/judging the vehicle that hit her.

People wave accross the road all the time but you still look. All waving across the road means to me is that the car waving me over aint going to run me down, but it doesnt mean other cars wont!!

A bit harsh yes, but i bet she wont make the same mistake again.
Old 16-11-2008, 12:55 AM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
Glad shes ok, but Shes 11 and should have looked before stepping out beyond the bus. We all make mistakes and it was a mistake on 2 parts that led to her accident, one the bus driver waving and most importantly her not looking/judging the vehicle that hit her.

People wave accross the road all the time but you still look. All waving across the road means to me is that the car waving me over aint going to run me down, but it doesnt mean other cars wont!!

A bit harsh yes, but i bet she wont make the same mistake again.
Totally agree, hope she is ok but people need to take responsibility for their own actions, would you pul out over 4 lanes of a duel carridgeway just because the 1st car flashed you? ...

I would say it is your sisters fault i'm afraid mate , but I hope she makes a speedy recovery.
Old 16-11-2008, 01:07 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

I thought they taught kids how to cross roads way back in first couple of years at primary schools??? Maybe its a side effect of driving kids to school and general "cotton wool" mentality with child safety meaning kids just dont learn common sense and self preservation like they used to.
Old 16-11-2008, 08:43 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

to be fair an 11 year old isnt going to be fully aware of the ways of the roads so when a bus stops and an adult waves her across she probably wouldnt be thinking of any other possible dangers.
Old 16-11-2008, 09:33 AM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Originally Posted by rssteve
surely its also down to the pedestrian to use there eyes to check for traffic before crossing?
I agree

Not nice what happened to your little sis, but how can u be mad at the bus driver.

Yes it can be dangerous to wave people on, but she still ultimatly took the decision to cross.

Id like to think most 11 year olds have a basic concept of danger.

The 4x4 driver you should be angry at if anyone, but then again if he wernt speeding, it was simply a very bad mistake on ur sisters part!
Old 16-11-2008, 09:36 AM
Pete frst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to see that mate,i hope she makes a full recovery soon......
Old 16-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Originally Posted by Pete frst
Sorry to see that mate,i hope she makes a full recovery soon......
post 12
Old 16-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Smartdj.
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Lee Ivatt
I agree

Not nice what happened to your little sis, but how can u be mad at the bus driver.

Yes it can be dangerous to wave people on, but she still ultimatly took the decision to cross.

Id like to think most 11 year olds have a basic concept of danger.

The 4x4 driver you should be angry at if anyone, but then again if he wernt speeding, it was simply a very bad mistake on ur sisters part!
get fucked i didnt ask for your opinion i just simply showing what can happen when u wave kids across the road...you shouldnt do it for a fucking reason..ill tell you now if i was there i would have had him out of the bus and decked him....
Old 16-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Your thinking emotionally NOT rationally.

I suspect hundreds of thousands get waved across a road everyday without being injured.

Get some perspective of the situation rather than looking blinkered purely because its family.

Yeah sure your upset but bigger picture!

Would you still be pissed at the bus driver if hed just stopped in road and she walked anyway????

Or would you argue that the bus driver stopping "implied it was ok to cross"????
Old 16-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Your thinking emotionally NOT rationally.

I suspect hundreds of thousands get waved across a road everyday without being injured.

Get some perspective of the situation rather than looking blinkered purely because its family.

Yeah sure your upset but bigger picture!

Would you still be pissed at the bus driver if hed just stopped in road and she walked anyway????

Or would you argue that the bus driver stopping "implied it was ok to cross"????
Old 16-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Smartdj.
PassionFord Post Troll

its not a quention of if's nd buts its happend and nothing can chnge the fact she going to have a slight limp probaly forever because a bus driver informed her it was safe to cross ...i hope u know where im coming from. kids have no sense of life and death there fearless they dont understand consiquenses!!
Old 16-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

the bus driver did not inform her to cross the WHOLE road. His intended signal was to show her HE and HE only had stopped to allow her to cross. Still her responsibility to check the other traffic.

I got run over at 8 walking out from a van without looking, but luckily no permenant damage. Even then i knew it was my fault.

Even if he had not of waved, she may have hesistated a little then crossed anyway when it was clear he stopped for her. It was an accident at th end of the day.
Old 16-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

the bus driver did not inform her to cross the WHOLE road. His intended signal was to show her HE and HE only had stopped to allow her to cross. Still her responsibility to check the other traffic.

I got run over at 8 walking out from a van without looking, but luckily no permenant damage. Even then i knew it was my fault.

Even if he had not of waved, she may have hesistated a little then crossed anyway when it was clear he stopped for her. It was an accident at th end of the day.
Old 17-11-2008, 07:01 AM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Originally Posted by SmartDJ
get fucked i didnt ask for your opinion i just simply showing what can happen when u wave kids across the road...you shouldnt do it for a fucking reason..ill tell you now if i was there i would have had him out of the bus and decked him....
Well your a pleasnt fellow arn't you.

If you didnt want an opinion then why the hell are you posting on a public forum.

Of course you going to get the "oh sorry to hear" suff, but if u read back about half of the posts are saying although the bus driver maybe shouldnt have waved her he is buy no means responsible for what happened.

As warren says, Its understandable, it was your little sis and a horrible thing to have happened, but from an outside point of view its a different picture.

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
My point exactly
Old 17-11-2008, 07:54 AM
dojj

be thankfull she can walk with a limp, if the 4x4 had hit her harder she might have been dead

and if the bus had hit her there m ight not have been enough of her left to identify

for sure i'd be pissed off with the bus driver as well, but it's a lesson she will never forget and i bet the school she goes to will also be thinking about road safety much more frquently, you never know, make it into a big enough story and the council might take an intrest into what elvels of safety there are for all padestrians, even if they bring back proper crossing and have it in the school iciculum on how to be safe on the roads it's going to be a damn sight better than you going to jail for lamping the bus driver
Old 17-11-2008, 08:37 AM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

its not a quention of if's nd buts its happend and nothing can chnge the fact she going to have a slight limp probaly forever because a bus driver informed her it was safe to cross ...i hope u know where im coming from. kids have no sense of life and death there fearless they dont understand consiquenses!!
She is 11 years old not 4! Give your little sister some credit, I doubt she is as stupid as your making her sound to be honest.

No need to vent your anger just because people see it in a completely different light to you.

It's a simple mistake that the driver presumed she would check the other side of the carriageway prior to crossing. It's a Life Lesson she has learnt isn't it and she will certainly be following the green cross code from now on. I also doubt the bus driver will attempt to be so kind again.
Old 17-11-2008, 09:03 AM
JayKay
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Sorry to hear about your sis

End of the day though its the same scenario if a car flashes you out of a junction - do you take that as a "the road is clear" or do you check the other way first to make sure its clear? I sure as hell do cos many a time has somebody flashed me out when theres a car coming from the other direction also....
Old 17-11-2008, 09:21 AM
cossiecrew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i can understand why your pissed off about it but im sure the bus driver let her cross with good intention.i cant imagine he did it to be a cunt im sure at the time he thought he was helping her out. accidents happen im affraid glad shes making a recovery could of been worse but imo it was an unfortunate accident
Old 17-11-2008, 10:06 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by JayKay
Sorry to hear about your sis

End of the day though its the same scenario if a car flashes you out of a junction - do you take that as a "the road is clear" or do you check the other way first to make sure its clear? I sure as hell do cos many a time has somebody flashed me out when theres a car coming from the other direction also....
according to the highway code, flahing someone is to only be used to make them aware that you are there, the same goes for the horn

plenty of people flash to let you cross a juntion, same as they flash to say thank you
Old 17-11-2008, 12:12 PM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No pun intended?
Old 17-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

to wish harm upon the bus driver is terrible IMHO.

yes the situation is shit, but using that bus driver as an outlet for your anger and wanting to actually beat the shit out of him?

Old 17-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by dojj
even if they bring back proper crossing and have it in the school iciculum on how to be safe on the roads it's going to be a damn sight better than you going to jail for lamping the bus driver
Do they not teach the green cross code in junior schools anymore????? I remember i learnt it in infant school when the local junior school had a road demonstration unit doing a tour where they had a fake bit of road and ran over a stunt man to pass the message on!!

Surely there must be road safety videos for kids these days.
Old 17-11-2008, 12:59 PM
dojj

the computer teaches them that if you get killed you just press reset and start all over again
Old 17-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Originally Posted by dojj
the computer teaches them that if you get killed you just press reset and start all over again
What? Oh FUCK!
Old 17-11-2008, 01:48 PM
dojj

you either wrap them up in cotton wool until they are old enough to know better

or

you take them to a mourtuary when they are small and shock the shit out of them with dead people

you can only do so much in front of a computer as unless you atacth electrical wires to their tender portions, they won't know the difference between whats fake and whats real, and seeing as there are enough dead teenagers out on the streets as it is, it's a very hard decision t make