General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Is my wife being unreasonable?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 04:41 PM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

if my bird said no to me buying a car i would realise our relationship had came to a sudden halt and end it.
the ps3 tho is a different story thats a must have piece of equipment
Old 09-11-2008, 04:55 PM
whipsey
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

make it easier on your self move the wife into the garage and the cossie into the front room through the patio doors then lock her in the garage
Old 09-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just telll he about fuel costs,,,,,,, id like to say " i know how you feel" but my missus has just started a new job a few weeks ago and 3 weeks of her wages on suspension for the impreza and about to pop out and draw another 400 quid from her account for a ecu for it,,,,,,,,, which prob means im not quite in the same situation as you

ps: if you need a winter car ive got a bmw 325i you can borrow for a bit, its JUST past a MOT,,,,,,,, a LEGIT mot at that too (was ment to be bent but it actually passed anyway pmsl)

you can borrow that if you aint gonna able to grow a set of balls
Old 09-11-2008, 05:12 PM
B16
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Is this your mum or your wife your talking about.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:12 PM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by whipsey
make it easier on your self move the wife into the garage and the cossie into the front room through the patio doors then lock her in the garage
perfect
Old 09-11-2008, 06:44 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Does she have more than 1 pair of shoes? If the answer is no, then you don't have an argument. But if the answer is yes, tell her to fuck off and go buy whatever car you want!
Old 09-11-2008, 06:51 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

so she has no hobbies?? only 1 pair of shoes? only one handbag???

Hasnt she heard that relationships are about give and take.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

oh and who earns the most money???
Old 09-11-2008, 07:00 PM
DanRSturbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If upon opening the door from a hard days graft your misses is on her knees with a beer in one hand ready to suck your cock then bend over the sofa demanding you fuck her arse whilst shotgunning aforementioned beer then no she's not unreasonable.

If not, then purchase yourself the Playstation 3 and a 2nd car of your choice
Old 09-11-2008, 07:01 PM
the benno
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

not allowed
grow some balls man
Old 09-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

I guess its about how you treat your finances in your marriage.

Do you pool your resources as Nicole and I do, or do you have his and hers?

Im guessing you pool, in which case what are her objections? Is there only her working? Does se earn more tha you? Are you in lots of debt? etc?
Old 09-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Pete frst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what are you,a man or a mouse?............
Old 09-11-2008, 08:00 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments

Do you pool your resources as Nicole and I do, or do you have his and hers?

ive never got relationships where its " his and hers" honestly i couldnt have more money that my missus does and feel like we are a unit as such

from the day we got together we have shared everything and we aint had a " its my money" thing, we get what ever we need ok we discuss the pointless things and need to agree on it OBV for the last few years ive been the working one but we still discussed the things,,,,,,,, though tbh im the one who seems to spend it if im honest as the missus is quite content

NOW shes working and doing quite well too and,,,, well we STILL discuss things to buy like we used to and agree on it even the little things too

but then tbh we never say "no" unless its a pointless thing ( or in my case over priced shite)

though i am lucky as the missus likes me being happy and so i get spoilt a bit anyway, she currently wants us to get a evo and IM the one whos refusing to get the car as its not needed in my life,,,,though she wont let me get a loan for a porsche ( i take it back shes controlling and evil !!!! )
Old 09-11-2008, 08:17 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

As long as your wife is allowed the same ammount of money for her 'hobby' as you spend on the Cosworth cant see a problem.
Lots of hard macho men on this post telling you what to do pal, the internets the only place they rule anything let alone their Mrs..

If I spend a large ammount on my car, cant really say no if the Mrs wants something, its called being fair. We have a large Pond, New windows & a huge new drive, to allow me to get to the Cossie Topspeed record
Oh! nearly forgot the Sports car.

Your problem cant be solved on here by macho man, you need to talk it through always a compromise out there somewhere.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by MadRod
As long as your wife is allowed the same ammount of money for her 'hobby' as you spend on the Cosworth cant see a problem.
Lots of hard macho men on this post telling you what to do pal, the internets the only place they rule anything let alone their Mrs.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

She's your wife not your mum, if you have the cash then go for it
Old 09-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Red16
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MadRod
Lots of hard macho men on this post telling you what to do pal, the internets the only place they rule anything let alone their Mrs..

If I spend a large ammount on my car, cant really say no if the Mrs wants something, its called being fair. We have a large Pond, New windows & a huge new drive, to allow me to get to the Cossie Topspeed record
Oh! nearly forgot the Sports car.

Your problem cant be solved on here by macho man, you need to talk it through always a compromise out there somewhere.
Bollocks... its got nothing to do with being a macho internet hardman, its a cheap runaround car not a Ferrari ffs, it certainly sounds like she's being unreasonable, given that...

a) he/they can comfortably afford it
b) it will keep the miles off his cossie
c) be cheaper to run than the cossie
d) he wants it

i honestly dont see what she has got against the idea tbh!
Old 09-11-2008, 10:03 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimboxr4x4
She has a car that we use for everyday stuff. But occassionally I need to travel to Gravesend and she also needs her car and I don't fancy leaving the cossie in a car park there all day.
christ, gravesend must be a shithole then if it's worse than sevenoaks. i was there the other day for work and popped in for a mcpiss and it was chav central in the mcdonalds there. the social services should have all those mothers up for child abuse feeding them that shit at that age.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Jimboxr4x4
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ginge - thanks for the kind offer of the loan of the beemer but I really need a long term solution .

Madrod - some wise words mate. If I wanted to I could buy a runaround and tell her its tough luck, but I quite like my wife so i'd rather rectify this situation through diplomacy and reasoning. I like to think this softer approach is why i'm still on my first marriage. However, I am open to the above suggestions from the PF hardmen and may have to take the approach if the softly softly approach fails
Old 09-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Jimboxr4x4
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
christ, gravesend must be a shithole then if it's worse than sevenoaks. i was there the other day for work and popped in for a mcpiss and it was chav central in the mcdonalds there. the social services should have all those mothers up for child abuse feeding them that shit at that age.
Have you ever been to a McDonalds that isn't like this?
Old 09-11-2008, 11:22 PM
magentasafchris
Part of the Furniture

I have two cars an e39 bmw which she uses and my three door and although the three door is up for sale i'm only going to go and buy a saf when it's sold. I told her the other day i was looking for a cheap mondeo estate so i can go fishing with all my stuff in the back. She told me to fook off and use the three door for going fishing in, guess who slept on the couch that night. She didn't like it when i told her i would sell the bm and buy her a fiesta for knocking around in and buy me a mondeo out of the money from the bm, "saving money i said"
Old 09-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

what's yours is theirs and what's theirs is their own
Old 10-11-2008, 12:07 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by whipsey
Afpmsl!!!!!
Old 10-11-2008, 12:15 AM
FletchCossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

IMO she's not seeing sense. Would she rather you spend £0000's repairing the Cossie to get you about every day or £000's on a cheap run around and the Cossie for weekends to take her out for nice meals in

When I say Im gonna buy something my Mrs says "Just f*cking buy it or you won't make your mind up for hours and buy it anyway". Stops me going on about it for hours/days and her listening to me going "Do I/Don't I"