General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

On the modding bug; Sierra Sapphire

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 03:28 AM
saffynz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On the modding bug; Sierra Sapphire

Hi guys,

Took the Saph down the strip the other night and noticed a few things I wasn't quite happy with.

First things first, when I warmed up the tyres I noticed only one wheel spinning, checked with my mechanic and sure enough the viscous coupling has had it. Now in saying this, I'd like to upgrade to a Quaife LSD centre, I have been put onto Burtonpower.com although i have also been told there are cheaper ways of purchasing these items.

2nd thing, When I purchased the car the previous owner had upgraded the brakes, they are factory size just top of the line Discs/Pads. These are now wearing down and I feel the urge for some decent big brakes, looking at AP Racing and hoping someone can tell me the best place to go for these, Is there a kit available for the Saph? Looking for 6 pot front, 4 pot rear.

Now the 3rd thing i will be purchasing is a set of new wheels, i'm really liking the white compo M07's but do not know what spec to give compomotive as i am going to need them the right size for the brake setup I intend on running. Any thoughts on this would also be great.

If there are any other recommendations as to the mod's I'd appreciate any feedback. Looking forward to the replies!

Thanks again,

Chris
Old 10-11-2008, 05:32 AM
Twins
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 118 Likes on 110 Posts

Speak to martin at reyland for your comps as he will be cheaper than compomotive (yes its true )
Old 10-11-2008, 05:35 AM
Munch
Mr. Sparkle!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Twins
Speak to martin at reyland for your comps as he will be cheaper than compomotive (yes its true )
and brakes!