General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

why is'nt my car selling

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008 | 04:07 PM
3doorcozmess
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Default why is'nt my car selling

is my car a peace of shit why wont it sell

https://passionford.com/forum/cars-for-sale/254295-white-3dr-4-sale.html
Old 07-10-2008 | 04:08 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

cos no one has the dough to spend at the moment I'd say
Old 07-10-2008 | 04:10 PM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

everyone is skint at the moment sound like a very nice car
Old 07-10-2008 | 04:11 PM
MKGCMAX

As above mate, i would love to buy it off ya but dont have a golf or 10k for 1 at the moment cant stretch that far
good luck though
Old 07-10-2008 | 04:20 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by ballin
cos no one has the dough to spend at the moment I'd say

It`s not that people don`t have the dough mate, it`s more a problem of people not being able to get CREDIT...

Personal loans and other credit is a nightmare to get at the moment apparently, my mate who works in a car dealership has put 17 agreements through tihs week and only 2 of them have been approved

He said there is still plenty of customers wanting the cars but no credit available to buy them in the current financial climate.
Old 07-10-2008 | 04:32 PM
rsnissan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

gotta sell i in bits mate i was going to sell mine whole but really dont think there is any point now
Old 07-10-2008 | 04:32 PM
cossie604
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

People are too scared to pay out that much on a toy at the moment....main dealerships are really struggling atm.

besides.....sell me your spare splitter
Old 07-10-2008 | 04:34 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Diva
It`s not that people don`t have the dough mate, it`s more a problem of people not being able to get CREDIT...

Personal loans and other credit is a nightmare to get at the moment apparently, my mate who works in a car dealership has put 17 agreements through tihs week and only 2 of them have been approved

He said there is still plenty of customers wanting the cars but no credit available to buy them in the current financial climate.

Diva has hit the nail on the head!
Old 07-10-2008 | 04:41 PM
cossie604
PassionFord Post Whore!!

A little bit of a contradiction though. IMO if they are trying to get credit then they obviously havnt got the dough in the first place.
Old 07-10-2008 | 04:43 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by cossie604
A little bit of a contradiction though. IMO if they are trying to get credit then they obviously havnt got the dough in the first place.

That`s the point though mate,most people haven`t

I was shocked to find that i`m in a tiny minority of people who pay their own cash for their cars
Old 07-10-2008 | 04:46 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

I was shocked to find that i`m in a tiny minority of people who pay their own cash for their cars
yeah we pay cash for ours, but tbh, nobodys got cash OR credit these days
Old 07-10-2008 | 04:49 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Originally Posted by maria
Diva has hit the nail on the head!
buying a car on credit is a mugs game!

But yes that is partly the reason.

Ive just sold 7 56plate transits for a mate. were £15-16k each 2 years ago, and ive let them go for £7k each with 20k on the clocks!!!!!

and i had to basically give them away, he didnt even get enough money to cover the remaining finance on them!
Old 07-10-2008 | 04:50 PM
cossie604
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The staff of one of the dealerships I used to work for got a right panic on when my old man came in to pay for his new car, and he dumped just short of 20k on the counter in two carrier bags
Old 07-10-2008 | 04:58 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ive found that if you want to sell a car at the moment it has to be very keenly priced as there are much less "buyers" out there with cash to spend.

ive just sold an 02 plate beetle-originally advertised keenly at £4495 for £3850
also the isuzu trooper ive just sold would have easily done £2600 a short while ago-sold for 2k.

i was talking to a man today-owns 2x 22b imprezas and many many other cars who is looking for a nice 3 door,but he is no fool and knows he will be able to buy one soon for 7/8k if this carries on..........so he is just sitting waiting.

in my opinion the wheels dont suit your car,it would look better on a decent set of standard wheels.

hope this helps.......
Old 07-10-2008 | 05:01 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Its so funny really, im very proud of the fact that i actually "OWN" all of my cars.

there are a lot of people out there (prob well over 60%) who dont, and all for what??

to pay a rediculus intrest rate, and if thats not enough they get kicked in the balls with depreciation if its a new car!

I have so much more respect for people who drive cars which are 4,5-8 even 10 years old than i do for a new shiny motor. simply cos i know, that the new shiny ones are owner buy the bank!!

My mum bought a new discovery 3 a few years back, sold it 14 months later, and "lost" the best part of £16k. why would anyone do that!!

No wonder we have a credit crunch/looming ressesion, cos everyone is a GREEDY BASTARD!! trying to keep up with the "jonses" and pretend they are sitting pretty, when really there up to their eye balls in debt and stress!

Getting back to the 3door, best thing if you can is to lock it up for 18 months-2 years then sell it, once all this doom has sorted its self
Old 07-10-2008 | 05:16 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Lee Ivatt
Its so funny really, im very proud of the fact that i actually "OWN" all of my cars.

there are a lot of people out there (prob well over 60%) who dont, and all for what??

to pay a rediculus intrest rate, and if thats not enough they get kicked in the balls with depreciation if its a new car!

I have so much more respect for people who drive cars which are 4,5-8 even 10 years old than i do for a new shiny motor. simply cos i know, that the new shiny ones are owner buy the bank!!

My mum bought a new discovery 3 a few years back, sold it 14 months later, and "lost" the best part of £16k. why would anyone do that!!

No wonder we have a credit crunch/looming ressesion, cos everyone is a GREEDY BASTARD!! trying to keep up with the "jonses" and pretend they are sitting pretty, when really there up to their eye balls in debt and stress!

Getting back to the 3door, best thing if you can is to lock it up for 18 months-2 years then sell it, once all this doom has sorted its self

You`re dead right Lee.. i`ve got a few mates who are in shitstreet at the moment cos they are chucky`d up to fook on cars and cards/general credit etc...they all laugh at my `04 diesel Mondeo and 17 year old cossie as they are driving around in there Q7`s and X5`s but recently they seem to have gone a little quiet

I reckon a few of them will be having their cars repo`d soon and then maybe their houses as things get worse, don`t suppose they`ll be laughing at me then will they
Old 07-10-2008 | 06:06 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm in the position now where i have an integra type-r and a vx220 turbo, i'm going to sel the vx now and take a hit just incae things do go tits up big time and its worth a fart next year. The integra will be going also and will be replaced with a vag tdi of some description or maybe a 330d m sport touring bmw, will 100% be a digga diesel though
Old 07-10-2008 | 06:56 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee Ivatt

how spot on are you
Old 07-10-2008 | 07:15 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I see no harm in getting a loan for a car, provided it is a decent rate.

The problem at the moment is that it is hard to get a loan, when you do the rate will be high and your buying something that if things continue will be worth a whack less than the loan.

Added to that is the fact your car is a weekend car, so in this climate, not many people are looking at sitting 10k in a weekend toy.

Those, and it wont be many, that have 10k cash sitting to splash on a weekend car are going to be waiting hoping that in a few months, there will be plenty of weekend cars up for sale as things tighten and the owners take bigger and bigger hits to free cash up.

As said, lock it up and leave it for a year or two and see what the market does or take a big hit and see it gone.

Personally I agree with jay and thing the wheels don't suit the car, most likely wont make a big difference, but often the standard look is a quicker selling classic.

Good luck with it mate, I am sure the right buyer is out there.
Old 07-10-2008 | 08:38 PM
3doorcozmess

Originally Posted by matts1

Personally I agree with jay and thing the wheels don't suit the car, most likely wont make a big difference, but often the standard look is a quicker selling classic.

Good luck with it mate, I am sure the right buyer is out there.
still got 5 standard wheels with good tyres

dont think there is a buyer out there
Old 07-10-2008 | 08:45 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

hold out fella if you can!i am was interested in ya motor but as the usual mine one is playing up!so got to sort her out!!but as said above everyone is just holding back at the mo!
Old 07-10-2008 | 08:50 PM
3doorcozmess

im trying my best, might break it but dont wanna