General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

serves him right

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 01:43 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts
Default serves him right

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7654430.stm

still too soft though, in a big big way
Old 06-10-2008, 02:34 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

good.

whats that shit CCTV footage about though?
Old 06-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's showing his manner of driving before the crash, he was all over the road. Twat.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

mmmm still he'll be out in 3 1/2 years for taking 2 lives and driving 6 months after that!!

I suspect hes got a nice amount of cash in the bank too. Hopefully the family will privately sue him for damages so he looses everything.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:15 PM
dannyb
Part of the Furniture

It really upset me hearing that on the news earlier and the sentence is far too lenient for taking two young lives and ruining many others
Old 06-10-2008, 06:16 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

awful story and to be out so soon !
Old 06-10-2008, 06:22 PM
righthooker
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what the did was awfull,but do you think it would have got this coverage if he was an electritian???i got done, over the limit 21 years ago,knocked someone over(mate in fact)
could have ended so differently.

still to soft imo,but he will have to live with the shame
Old 06-10-2008, 06:26 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Be out in less that 3.5 years, he will be out on tag in 2 years.

Destroyed that family, should think himself a lucky boy, Personally, when a sentence is light like that, then they should serve FULL time.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:37 PM
louie1
Regular Contributor

not enough in my eyes. just feel for the parents.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:39 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Should be treated the same as murder IMO, he is old enough to know the consequences of his actions, should be life, and proper life ie come out in a coffin.
tabetha
Old 07-10-2008, 06:31 AM
righthooker
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

motor way cops last night ,the lorry driver offered no explanation as to why he crashed into a row of stationery traffic,killed 3 and only got 4 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 06:33 AM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

So a bloke (drugdealer of some sort) goes out with a gun (premedetated) and shoots two young kids because they saw something he didnt want anyone to know about.

Bloke has an accident after being a complete Knob and kills two kids, never been in trouble with police before. (will regret it for the rest of his life).

They deserve the same punishment do they tabetha? and that is why they wont bring back hanging.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:13 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by Ebonycossie4x4
So a bloke (drugdealer of some sort) goes out with a gun (premedetated) and shoots two young kids because they saw something he didnt want anyone to know about.

Bloke has an accident after being a complete Knob and kills two kids, never been in trouble with police before. (will regret it for the rest of his life).

They deserve the same punishment do they tabetha? and that is why they wont bring back hanging.
ones murder
ones manslaughter

if peole die it should be one or the other and have the sentancing based on those principles
you can get a basic murder because you go out with the intetion of killing someone so you get your 20 years and upwards sentance

manslaughter is totaly different
if the lorry had had a blowout and wiped out loads of peole, would you still consider that as manslaughter, even though peole have died?

gets confusing, but if there is blame on any one individual then the sentances should be set and then go up

4 years was i think fairly harsh for the lorry driver, i'd go along with the "he didn't set out to kill someone" and think that if he'd said anything other than "i don't know what happened" he might have copped a few more years in clink

mr footballer should have had a stifer sentance as he was over the limit and all over the road and he knew he shouldn't have been driving

if it's that importnat he can afford to get a cab
Old 07-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Agree totally Dojj. Twice over the limit (which i didnt realise) and driving like a complete tosser. It was the driver of the lorry i was getting at really though.

There is no excuse to drink and drive, I will not even have 1 let alone be drinking all night and have 2 hours sleep and expect to be safe to drive. I still dont think its the same as pre medetated murder though. I beleive they have a system in america that deals with murder differently but im not too clued up on it.

Last edited by Ebonycossie4x4; 07-10-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:24 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

agree with dojj, the lorry driver got 4 years, and a 6 year ban, never been in trouble and a clean licence.

He WILL live with that for the rest of his life, he will do two years in the nick, and is banned from driving for 6 years, so has to find a new career, at his age, not going to be that easy.

He did kill three people, and it was his fault, but he will pay for that long after his sentence is up and lets be honest, how many times have we had to brake like a bugger cause we didn't notice the traffic build up?? Don't make it right, but wasn't intentional and didn't set out to do wrong or break the law.

Pizzed up footballer, now he gets in his car in no fit state (judging by the driving on cctv), is apparently begged by a mate on the phone to pull over and get some kip, but carries on at savage speed and destroys a family. He knew he was breaking the law, but didn't care.

He deserved a harsh sentence.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:04 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

just how many people do you have to kill to get the maximum sentence?
Old 08-10-2008, 05:46 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

So do you not think someone in charge of a more dangerous "missile" as in 48 tons instead of say 1 tone should not take MORE care then, as he KNOWS he needs more stopping distance etc, truckies need eyes in the back of thier heads due to volume of traffic these days.
I belive it should be charged as murder where neglect to act responsibly caused it YES I DO, but circumstances should be taken into consideration and each case considered on it's own merits.
And I am talking from EXPERIENCE about drink drivers.
tabetha
tabetha
Old 08-10-2008, 06:58 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by Ebonycossie4x4
Agree totally Dojj. Twice over the limit (which i didnt realise) and driving like a complete tosser. It was the driver of the lorry i was getting at really though.

There is no excuse to drink and drive, I will not even have 1 let alone be drinking all night and have 2 hours sleep and expect to be safe to drive. I still dont think its the same as pre medetated murder though. I beleive they have a system in america that deals with murder differently but im not too clued up on it.
Originally Posted by matts1
agree with dojj, the lorry driver got 4 years, and a 6 year ban, never been in trouble and a clean licence.

He WILL live with that for the rest of his life, he will do two years in the nick, and is banned from driving for 6 years, so has to find a new career, at his age, not going to be that easy.

He did kill three people, and it was his fault, but he will pay for that long after his sentence is up and lets be honest, how many times have we had to brake like a bugger cause we didn't notice the traffic build up?? Don't make it right, but wasn't intentional and didn't set out to do wrong or break the law.

Pizzed up footballer, now he gets in his car in no fit state (judging by the driving on cctv), is apparently begged by a mate on the phone to pull over and get some kip, but carries on at savage speed and destroys a family. He knew he was breaking the law, but didn't care.

He deserved a harsh sentence.
Originally Posted by tabetha
So do you not think someone in charge of a more dangerous "missile" as in 48 tons instead of say 1 tone should not take MORE care then, as he KNOWS he needs more stopping distance etc, truckies need eyes in the back of thier heads due to volume of traffic these days.
I belive it should be charged as murder where neglect to act responsibly caused it YES I DO, but circumstances should be taken into consideration and each case considered on it's own merits.
And I am talking from EXPERIENCE about drink drivers.
tabetha
tabetha
thing is though, the lorry driver put his hands up to it and will do his time and be royally fucked when he comes out, no job, no license, with a ban and prison time he's got nothing else to do

the footballer though, will have had plenty of money and, as we've seen in the past, footie players get a job when they come out, be it on the pitch, in the boardroom, as a trainer, etc, so at less than 30 years old when he's out, he'll be back on the prospects ladder

how is that fair?

it's not, but that's life
Old 08-10-2008, 02:54 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

I agree, it's not fair, but then whoever is under the illusion that law and order is fair is in for a shock when they realise.
As for the truckie, he couldn't really say "it wasn't me could he" ?
I just don't get htis stuff a life term, and has to serve a minimum(for example) of 5 years, how the hell is that life.
tabetha
Old 08-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Char1ie
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

He didn't mean to kill. In the eyes of the law that's the big difference between murder and a tragic accident, even if it was caused by stupidity and negligence.

So sad for the family.

Charlie
Old 08-10-2008, 09:05 PM
dojj

life means different terms for different offences

look at that chinese fella who stabbed up that teacher? he's out after 12 years and can't be deported because of tony b liar's human rights signage thing to europe