General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ever seen a ghost

Search this Thread

Old 21-09-2008, 10:52 PM
FULLBORE
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another one for ya.My dad told me that years ago,him,his 4 brothers,their birds etc decided to all bundle in a transit and go for a drive.They ended up going up box hill.My dad was driving,and there was two more in the front.Oviously it was pitch black going up there at around midnight.As he was driving him and the other two in the front saw something up ahead. He slowed down a little in the van.As he got closer it was a woman in a white nighty.She was standing on the side of the road,facing towards the otherside of the road. He said the hairs went up on the back of his neck,his body went cold and he was speechless,he looked at the two next to him,and they too were seeing the same.As he passed the woman her head turned and seemed to watched them drive pass.By the time she was out of view of this passenger window(as she was stood on his passenger side) to the time he looked in his passenger wing mirror she had vanished.(you would have still seen he from the light from the rear lights)and the others in the back looked out the rear windows and diddnt see anything.To say he shit himself was a understatement.Same for his passengers.He said he stamped on the go pedal,and let one of his mates drive back down the hill...........
Old 21-09-2008, 10:55 PM
J1mbo
B1mbo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FULLBORE
another one for ya.My dad told me that years ago,him,his 4 brothers,thier birds etc decided t all bundle in a transit and go for a drive.They ended up going up box hill.My dad was driving,and there was two more in the front.Oviously it was pitch black going up there at around midnight.As he was driving him and the other two in the front saw something up ahead. He slowed down a little in the van.As he got closer it was a woman in a white nighty.She was standing on the side of the road,facing towards the otherside of the road. He said the hairs went up on the back of his neck,his body went cold and he was speechless,he looked at the two next to him,and they too were seeing the same.As he passed the woman her head turned as watched them drive pass.By the time she was out of view of this passenger window(as she was stood on his passenger side) to the time he looked in his passenger wing mirror she had vanished.To say he shit himself was a understatement.Same for his passengers.He said he stamped on the go pedal,and let one of his mates drive back down the hill...........
omg i would be shittin it !! that makes the hair on the back of ma neck stand up just readin it
Old 21-09-2008, 10:58 PM
FULLBORE

same here,when he told me i went all funny.Fuck having to drive BACK DOWN the same road though.

On the way back they didnt see nothing though.
Old 21-09-2008, 11:00 PM
JLStretton
Choose Life.

another one for ya.My dad told me that years ago,him,his 4 brothers,their birds etc decided to all bundle in a transit and go for a drive.They ended up going up box hill.My dad was driving,and there was two more in the front.Oviously it was pitch black going up there at around midnight.As he was driving him and the other two in the front saw something up ahead. He slowed down a little in the van.As he got closer it was a woman in a white nighty.She was standing on the side of the road,facing towards the otherside of the road. He said the hairs went up on the back of his neck,his body went cold and he was speechless,he looked at the two next to him,and they too were seeing the same.As he passed the woman her head turned and seemed to watched them drive pass.By the time she was out of view of this passenger window(as she was stood on his passenger side) to the time he looked in his passenger wing mirror she had vanished.(you would have still seen he from the light from the rear lights)and the others in the back looked out the rear windows and diddnt see anything.To say he shit himself was a understatement.Same for his passengers.He said he stamped on the go pedal,and let one of his mates drive back down the hill...........
So some poor lady had fell down, more than likly past out or worse, died! and all they could do was speed off leaving the poor gal
Old 21-09-2008, 11:14 PM
FULLBORE

lol thats what i said to him,but if youve ever been to boxhill, id know that there is nothing around for miles, and why would she be there? he said the way she looked/stood was really eery.He absoloutely shit himself. He's never been back there in the dark since! lol
Old 22-09-2008, 08:34 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
Sutton park was dodgy mate.
The worst was viccy dock.
Proper shit it on there.
All houses or just some? LOL

Where was you on Sutton Park?
Old 22-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Originally Posted by GARETH T
no as they dont exist! just like ive never seen a pig fly!

Old 22-09-2008, 09:24 AM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

heres ones.hand on heart this is no lie.
end of last year my best mates little brother got run over and killed.god rest his soul.few weeks later after funeral etc my other mate that we run about with was over at his mums friends house who is a psyhcic(spelling)she doesnt do it as a business but just as for family etc as she doesnt like doing it.anyway she ask him if he would like to know of his future etc.bearing in mind she doent know our other friend or his little brother.so she started off with the usual stuff like how his business and that was doing and where he was gona be in a few years but heres the scary bit and it makes ma hair on ma neck stand up writing it.she said "see how at nite when you wake up and your covers are off your feet on your bed?and you keep having to pull them up.well thats your friends little brother having a laugh with you".she even decribed him and knew his nameshe said he doenst want you to be scared and to let you know he is with his uncle now.told our mate about it and he says his mum has been to a few pshycics and have said he is with his uncle now.my mate slept with the t.v on for two months after that!!
Old 22-09-2008, 09:36 AM
olek
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Old 22-09-2008, 09:50 AM
hevangel
Advanced PassionFord User

some of these stories on here are well freaky, but i cant say i believe in them cause ive never seen one.
Old 22-09-2008, 10:34 AM
jb fletch
MAD Carbon Cossie

Good ol Box Hill !! Always hearin stories like that from there !!

We been up there loadsa times in the dead of night, heard things but never seen anything, worst time was parkin at the top, runnin (or rollin) down the hill, goin to the steppin stones & then havin to walk back to the motor's at the top when it was pitch black !! We kept playin pranks on each other & the girls absolutely hated it !!

Didn't admit it at the time but I was more than a lil worried myself !!

The other one round these ends is an abandorned nutty hospital in Coulsden & Farthing Downs, especially the church !!

Gotta go back soon I think wit the camera !! Do our own episode of "Most Haunted"

jb
Old 22-09-2008, 11:54 AM
rocky_robin

Never seen a ghost, but was at a hotel with funny goings ons.

My wife woke up in the middle of the night, hearing water running.
She went through to the bathroom and the whole room was steamed up with the hot water tap running full butt!

We were in a hotel that used to be the home of Robert the Bruce in the 17th Century.
Old 22-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

There used to be strange goings on in the hotel i worked in, i hated being on late shift and left in Reception on my own
Old 22-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

tricks of the fragile mind
Old 22-09-2008, 12:13 PM
truthordare
Omnomnomnom

Me and my mate were walking our dogs one night at Temple Newsam in Leeds, theres a lake with benches all around it and as we walked past we saw a lass on one of the benches crying, we got a couple yards past her and decided to go see if she was ok (figured it was an argument with the boyfriend or something like) turned round and she was gone its a long straight path, she wasn't walking in the other direction and hadn't passed us. Weird, freaked us out a little but since then have had a few occurences that don't make sense, I do believe in ghosts but am not scared of them.

Debs
Old 22-09-2008, 12:23 PM
slowpoke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by purple_fiesta
fook me lol im in tears here lol
Old 22-09-2008, 12:32 PM
turbo_boost

Whats the deal with hangmans hill in epping forest when you car rolls up or down the church in teh forest has freaked me out a few times
Old 22-09-2008, 12:44 PM
tobyjug_1988
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by jb fletch
Good ol Box Hill !! Always hearin stories like that from there !!

We been up there loadsa times in the dead of night, heard things but never seen anything, worst time was parkin at the top, runnin (or rollin) down the hill, goin to the steppin stones & then havin to walk back to the motor's at the top when it was pitch black !! We kept playin pranks on each other & the girls absolutely hated it !!

Didn't admit it at the time but I was more than a lil worried myself !!

The other one round these ends is an abandorned nutty hospital in Coulsden & Farthing Downs, especially the church !!

Gotta go back soon I think wit the camera !! Do our own episode of "Most Haunted"

jb
is that the one towards epsom way, heard it got knocked down, also heard that the old inmates used to go back there.

there used to be an insane asylum in viginia park that my old man decorated, was fucking well haunted, one of his guys was there late one night after painting a room, was cleaning all his gear up and kept hearing banging, in the end he shit it and legged it out of there, that same building none of the dogs on the site would go there.

also the silent pools where the girl who drowned is meana come up n drag u in lol, meana be bottomless but one year it dried up
Old 22-09-2008, 01:42 PM
dunketh
Chief Iron Oxide Farmer.

I thought I saw one on a country lane near Cheddar many years ago, at night time.
A whispy figure moving across the road - it turned out to be a reflection of my headlights in standing water. As the car moved relative to the road you'd see these white 'person sized' clouds move across infront of you.
Shit me up til I realised what it really was.
Old 22-09-2008, 01:51 PM
northerner

I used to work in a Mental Health Unit years ago and saw & heard a lot of stuff whilst on nights that couldn't be explained.

Wheelchairs moving by themselves, creaking noises from a room where someone hung themself with a leather belt, key controlled lifts opening and closing by themselves, etc.

IHMO - Ghosts, etc are replays of past events.
Old 22-09-2008, 02:38 PM
R7BKR
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

I do believe that they could exist, but wont believe properly until I see one for myself. Then I'll probably scream like a little girl.

A bit like UFO's really. I can't believe we're the only living things in our universe.
Old 22-09-2008, 04:20 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by SapphyMike
All houses or just some? LOL

Where was you on Sutton Park?
Lmfao yeah all of them mate

Was on paxdale mate
Old 22-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Stoo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Near me there is a small narrow track off a quiet road that leads down to an old stone foot bridge over the railway line which heads onto the golf course and years and years ago a young girl was hit and killed by a train there. People say that the image of the girl has been seen at the strike of midnight. So, when we were about 17 me a couple of mates drove down and sat in the car waiting to see if anything would happen, thinking it was a laugh and all just a load of rubbish.. So there we were sitting in the car, waiting, watching.. 11.40.. 11.45.. 11.50.. and then 12.00! Bugger all happened. We were laughing about it and just chatting away thinking what else we could get up to then my mate started screaming!! I turned round and there was something at my window, a face looking right at me! I'll never forget those eyes, the eyes of the guy up the road wanting to know what the hell we were doing Talk about shit myself, the bastard.
Old 22-09-2008, 05:10 PM
focusbird

I don't really believe or disbelieve...

My dog died two years ago, and about 2 months after I was sat in my bedroom and could hear a noise on the landing as if she was running up and down. We had a 22ft landing and she used run up and down it when she wanted to go out. Went out on to the landing and there was nothing there. Happened a couple of times.
Old 22-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by GARETH T
no as they dont exist! just like ive never seen a pig fly!
Consider this. Everyone is different. Slightly. As a whole we only have a reasonable range of sight (can't see infra red as an example, or very well in the dark), and also hearing, (can't hear subsonics, dog whistles etc).

So whats to say that ghosts appear slightly above the normal frequencies of light, and some people can see them, and some can't.
Old 22-09-2008, 06:32 PM
purple_fiesta
No longer a ford owner ..

Originally Posted by slowpoke
fook me lol im in tears here lol
hehe funny as fook aint it
ive had like I said a few things happen but nothing I can say is 100% definatly a ghost lol.
One time I was layed in bed, and someone said my name. No one was about but I remember it, I shouted my brother and dad and it was niether of them, I did sleep in my grandmas bedroom though who had passed away
I the same house, I had the day off and my dad and brother went out. I was downstairs when they went out and once they had gone I went up for a shower. I came down and went to get the paper from the portch but the door was locked from inside, and it was impossible to lock from the outside? Very strange but ive got no idea why a ghost would lock a door lol
Old 22-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Adam.
Needs Beer Tokens.....

Originally Posted by davemark
Its true there are such things

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QfZItov1BUo
That scared the shit outta me
Old 22-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by davemark
Its true there are such things

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QfZItov1BUo
Originally Posted by Statey

I was expecting something like that.
Old 22-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Statey
PMSL same here mate,i fly off my chair . I was watching something move on the sofa then that chair started rocking , then i fell off my chair

And hangmans hill in eppping forest is weird ,i went there a few years back and the car started to roll up the hill, but if you get out and cross the rd you can see its not uphill atall ,its slightly down . Was a laugh tho me and my mate got out why it was rolling and left my other mate dave in the back of my xr2 freaking out,he was trying to push the seat forward ,hold it there why trying to open the door to get out
Old 22-09-2008, 07:33 PM
dickycox

Thumbs up

Some good replys cheers every one turned out to be a good post.
Old 22-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Trist

Originally Posted by Stoo
Near me there is a small narrow track off a quiet road that leads down to an old stone foot bridge over the railway line which heads onto the golf course and years and years ago a young girl was hit and killed by a train there. People say that the image of the girl has been seen at the strike of midnight. So, when we were about 17 me a couple of mates drove down and sat in the car waiting to see if anything would happen, thinking it was a laugh and all just a load of rubbish.. So there we were sitting in the car, waiting, watching.. 11.40.. 11.45.. 11.50.. and then 12.00! Bugger all happened. We were laughing about it and just chatting away thinking what else we could get up to then my mate started screaming!! I turned round and there was something at my window, a face looking right at me! I'll never forget those eyes, the eyes of the guy up the road wanting to know what the hell we were doing Talk about shit myself, the bastard.
Brilliant

Not sure if I have or it was a dream but I stayed with my girlfriend when she lived at a nurses accomodation while she was doing her training,
One night I woke up instantly and looked straight at the door as an old lady was just going out and closing it behind her with her finger on her mouth like sayng sshh.
layed there for about an hour sweating and shitting it.
needed a piss to but thought fook going out there!
said about it in the morning just saying I think it was a dream.
Old 22-09-2008, 08:32 PM
SillyFezzaMk1
Rubber Rhino Crew

Originally Posted by Turbocabbie
tricks of the fragile mind
just what I was thinking...

either that or the cracks good

Dan
Old 22-09-2008, 10:36 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by SillyFezzaMk1
just what I was thinking...
Bollocks!
You cant of been thinking to post that
Old 23-09-2008, 11:59 AM
turbo_boost

anymore stories????
Old 23-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Alloy

The most interesting story I have was what I thought was a dream!

When my granded died I always had this big regrete of not telling him I loved him, for months after he died I was having strange dreams about him, bad dreams actually, the kind that makes you wake up in a sweat. But one night I had a different kind of dream, he came walking passed my door as he always did on his way home from work, wearing his navy blue and yellow coat, dirty grey duffle bag and his steeltoe capped boots, also carrying his paper and with fag hanging out the side of his gob. This time he called in to my house ( he used to say hello and continue on his way ) and brought me out the back where he told me he new I loved him and not to worry - he then walked the wrong way out my back and in the opposite direction from his house. When I told my mum about it the next day she broke down and reminded me it was his first anniversary!

Few months after, my aunt ( who lived with him ) went to a spiritualist who was the wife of one of her work colleague. Straight off the bat the girl new the my aunt was there to see Jackie - who was with Margaret ( grandads / grans names ). She told her stuff that she didn't even no but was later confirmed by my mum, things like my granny having two wedding rings etc, and this was all said without asking any questions. Before my aunt left her house she called her back and said " tell the worried grandson that it was not a dream he had, his grandad visited him to give him peace of mind"! Freaks me out to this day, I even got shivered up writing about it.
Old 23-09-2008, 02:58 PM
B19 JUB

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

ive never seen a ghost but my missis n i do believe there is life after death.she does tarot cards and majority of the time she is bang on right.youve got to be sceptical about after life and have an open mind.there will always be disbelivers its just the way it is.we have had experiences of 'seeing ' things at place we are now and also where we used to live.when we were at our old flat sitting in lounge out of the corner of your eye you could see a shadow run past the doorway which gave impression of a dog.i went upto the loft a few months later and found pictures of a terrier which i believed was the dog spirit which inhabited our flat.also at our current place we have a touch lamp and every so often it switches on by itself when noone else has been in the bungalow.we think its the lady who used to live her and passed away before we moved in.as long as your not afraid then spirits wont bother u.if the light turns on i normally say out hello doris as thats who lived here.they are just communicating even letting you know they are protecting you

btw me n missis are going to cliffs pavilion here in southend on thrusday to see derek acorah.cant fooking wait