Fiesta RS1800/RS Turbo This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta RS Range of cars.

Fiesta TD Van.......Update.....**05/07**

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Ghost.
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiesta TD Van.......Update.....**05/07**

I bought this as an ebay item and thought i would have it to try and get it up and running as a cheap runner with the intention of converting it to a TD

As a 1.8 disesal at first glance the car looks pap..................and that it does. But there are some very good points, such as the badboy bonnet has been done well, there is a smal crack in the filler, but is fixable. The smoth door seems to have been done well, and is very level, and the boot is questionable as it has started to crack.

but the bodywork is in very good condition, better then mine is.

now i need new suspension and im going to probably grab a new exhust, bonnet, side skirts and tailgate, also probably new wheels.

oh and the interior is absolutly shody!!!! Look at those door cards!!!

anyway the seats are going aswell..............so take a look and see what you think ....................not bad for 200 notes i think.............

on the 06/12/05 this had been done

Right, little update, havent done alot in the ways of getting it on the road. Need a bit of cash, but that should be comming from my christmas job and the job thereafter.

so anyways i have removed the rear platform that is usually in a van, the seats are gone, the bonnet will be gone soon and the door cards are in shreds! I have also aquired all of the fittings and fixtures to put seats in the back

anyways, onto the update...........to get the car MOT'd i would have to have replaced the two front tyres. So i thought i would put on my 16" Rs7's that i had laying around! They will still be refurbed when i can afford it, but for now they can go on the diesel :bonkers:

How Close ooh:

yes the scratch will be sorted.......eventually, and a few bits and pieces to be done and it should be MOT'd!!

on the 8th December i got this far......... and took it outside for some pics

right put the back on.........fronts are at perfect ride height, minimal scrubbage............the rears......fook me!

way to low, took it round the block and have about 3mm out of the side wall

anyways, ill be cutting it up when i get the other suspension, and hopefully will raise the back slightly otherwise im going to have to get different springs :x

anywho, pics..........

and this is todays update, *Update*

right, been having a little touble here and there with money but ive finally got a little closer to getting it on the road.........

a couple of things updated mainly the 195/40's wrapping the Black 16" RS7's :bonkers:

ive slapped on my smooth bonnet, it is going to be repaired and sprayed up, also got an si bumper in the car to get sprayed up.................and the hole in the door will be smoothed...

ive managed to raise only the rear suspension so far, but it deffinatly makes it sit better, rest should be one on Monday fingers crossed.

Smoothness.....

and this is the interior at the minute, im converting it to a passenger carrier (i dont care if they have nothing to look out of in the rear :P) ill be using the recaros from the petrol when i get it on the road.

and this is the comparison of the springs that were on the car (bottom) and the new -60mm ones (top)

.........the springs must have been cut and lord knows how low it was but the springs were too short for the dampners

Comments as per usual please guys.............oh and i am unsure wether to smooth the lights on the new si bumper or not......just to carry on the smoothness??? ideas??

cheers

Lance Manhammer
Old 12-03-2006, 11:19 AM
Phil DJ
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

The rear definately sits better and imo that spring definately looks like it's been attacked with an angle grinder!!!
Old 13-03-2006, 09:14 AM
fiestaturbo1984
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks well nice matey. i wanna do that same rear to my frst. dont suppose you still have the seats???
Old 14-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Ghost.

cheers lads,

i sold the seats about 3 months ago

and the rear is a smoothed z-s bumper

and the springs are exactly what i thought they would be, there is absolutly no run on the dampner ride was awful, well muc nicer now,

attacked the front yesterday, just about managed one side before it rained that also looks like it was attacked
Old 13-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Ghost.

right little update, mainly this......

i can soon be officially a Turbo man.......all be it a diesel :bonkers:

also finally sorted the wheels and most of the suspension just the rear passenger to do now

what do we think???

should be on the road soon
Old 13-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Ghost.

Another slight update.......

it has been MOT'd!!!!

so should be on the road soon, now i have sorted something out with the DVLA, fingers crossed ill get insured. Then its all go with the engine transplant, talking of which......

A 8v exhust, kindly donated by a mate

and my bargin for the day, £10

nothing left to get now, just got to get a plate made up to cover the hole in the manifold, powdercoat some bits and then measure up the downpipe when fitting for welding

then all done and im off :bonkers:

oh and watch this space for more plans on the car, which i can afford now im working
Old 14-06-2006, 11:53 AM
jayRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

looking good mate, not keen on the black wheels but ive never like black wheels

i heard about the problem ya had with insurance companies and the business use.

they talking shit, you can insure a van without business use.

keep the updates coming

Trending Topics

Old 05-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Ghost.

right, got the right one now!!

now the only thing stopping me is the logbook.....otherwise i dont know if im keeping the car or not :Q

Old 05-07-2006, 11:45 AM
jayRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

whats up with the log book then?
Old 07-07-2006, 01:38 PM
rich_frst
PassionFord Post Troll

this is a wicked van... cant wait to see it all done mate
Old 07-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Shell
Advanced PassionFord User

I love fiesta vans...!! Looking good... as said above tho - loose the black wheels - silver will look MUCH better IMO
Old 07-07-2006, 01:50 PM
rich_frst
PassionFord Post Troll

no keep them mate... and if your gonna do what you were saying, then they'll look phat!!!!
Old 07-07-2006, 09:02 PM
AGAR-COSWORTH
Redumbdancy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool project

Looks alot better with the smoothed bonnet rather than the badboy one. The smooth rear spoiler and front bumpers are a cool touch and really go well with the smooth lines of the car. The colour coded roof lines are a nice touch too.

IMO the alloys would look better polished than black as black wheels always look smaller.

The old rear spring is frigging scarey!! With vans is it posible to convert them to rear windows, as from the interior shot it just looks like the pannel can get pushed out. I've got a set of rear windows off my fiesta if your after any?
Old 09-07-2006, 12:27 AM
Ghost.

cheers for the comments guys

TBH the wheels have got to be seen in real life to be appreciated.....and you'll all get to see them at ford fair. But i agree they would look better polished, but i just dont have the cash right now to get them up to standard, and they were really shoddy as they had been sprayed up silver by someone before i got them

as for the log book......i needed them to change the chassis type to 3-door hatchback so i could get insured at a reasonable price!

got the V5 through today and they have done it!! so the car will be insured on Monday

ive got a nice little idea in store for the front bumper, aswell as the future of cossie rims that will actually fit the fiesta, rather then dumped on

engine change soon
Old 09-07-2006, 12:28 AM
Ghost.

oh, and the window panels are part of the sheet metal that covers the entire side.....so the whole panel from roof to sill is one piece. Meaning it would need to be cut out to put in windows....

much safer then rear windows