General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

police camera van MOTHER F&%KERS

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 08:12 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigryrs
are you all trying to tell me you's do 70 in a 70
i dont drive there on a daily basis so i forget they are there i think they should be doing something better like sorting out junkie fucks etc this country is backward the only reason these assholes sit there is because its a guaranteed money maker

you arent talking about us. You are talking about you

Stop dribbling and either stick to the speed limit as you know there is a van there, speed and accept the arse raping you will get or change yor number plates.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:55 AM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
i read the post totaly differently to everyone else (no, i wasn't standing on a chair doing yoga either ) but the title sugegsts that the police officers who were potentially manning the speed trap were the mf's, not all police

and he's asking about how far away they can catch you from

and no ones answered these questions
im so glad someone is paying attention
Old 06-09-2008, 09:13 AM
RS 5tu
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

imo instant speed traps are a joke just a way to make money my uncle got done at 32 in a 30 zone, Its so easy just to creep over the limit that's why if any it should be over 2 points and it should take you average speed. Plus one of the biggest earning speed cameras is in Lancashire but the police and roads are still shit so where is all the money going.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Elwood
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
i read the post totaly differently to everyone else (no, i wasn't standing on a chair doing yoga either ) but the title sugegsts that the police officers who were potentially manning the speed trap were the mf's, not all police

and he's asking about how far away they can catch you from

and no ones answered these questions
So why not make the title different then? Camera Van Mofo's instead?
Old 06-09-2008, 10:25 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

time of the month i suppose

i've been zapped with a speed scamera van in the past and i wrote to them explaining that i would require 2 pictures so that i could verify the claims of speed they had made against me as 1 picture could surely not be concrete evidence that it was my vehicle exceeding the speed limit along that stretch of busy road

needless to say, i wasn't sent any evidence after that

i'm sure that a letter asking for the calibration certificate etc might have seen me landed with a few points for something i may not have been guilty of

and as someone ahs already pointed out, the whole point of having a "safety" camera is to make peole aware of that stretch of road being a bit dangerous, prbably because peole see the van hiding behind a tree at the last minute, lock up and cause an accident

if you want the road to be traversed at a resonable limit then all you would have to do would be to instal a set of specs cameras at either end of the dangerous bit and be done with it

what price the cost of a human life compared to the cost of the specs cameras where a fatality could have been avoided had they been installed there in the past?
Old 06-09-2008, 12:25 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Do the Police not see the link between punishing people severley for very minor infringements, such as 90Mph on an empty motorway, and the HUGE fall in respect for the police force?..... Not rocket science is it really?
Old 06-09-2008, 04:30 PM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Elwood
So why not make the title different then? Camera Van Mofo's instead?
its done
Old 06-09-2008, 04:49 PM
RS2.7
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i drive for a living and you can't stick to the speed limit everywhere it's impossible . As well as camera vans , gatsos , traffic light cameras etc we've now got parking cameras , red route cameras and box junction cameras .
Due to the fact i've been fined £360 this month alone (stopping in red route box 5 mins too early at 9.55am , taking longer than 2 mins between visits to my van whilst unloading + getting trapped inside a yellow box at the traffic lights because a car in front changed into my lane) i've now lost my front number plate . This also renders the speed camera vans on the A3 redundant.