General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

police camera van MOTHER F&%KERS

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 08:25 PM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Default police camera van MOTHER F&%KERS

on the occasional day i have to travel up to work 50 miles away 9 times out of ten theres always a police van with the camera hanging out the back and im sure that mother fucker gets me everytime.
the speed is usually just under 85 but how far can this camera catch me from and do i get points and a fine or what.
before i get the smart arses replying with why dont you slow down for the camera
its in a different place everytime and always where you dont expect it to be and doing 70 mph all the time just isnt possible i always creep over it but i never do anything daft over 85 its just a td astra im driving

Last edited by bigryrs; 06-09-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, but if youre going to speed, you have to accept the consequences
Old 05-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

But if you know theres a police van around that area then stick to 70

Here he comes again lads ,another Ł60
Old 05-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Elwood
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

What do you do for a living?
Old 05-09-2008, 08:31 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

as above, sounds like they're waiting for you everytime.....

Do the crime, do the time and all that
Old 05-09-2008, 08:33 PM
vinnyvangough
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If 9 out of 10 times there is a van there, stick at 70. Quite simple really.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:36 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

depends where it is mate, but on a motorway, I would say thousands of cars pass them at between 70-80mph, doubt they would do you for anything under 80mph especially if you slowed on seeing them.

Over 80mph, well then that is a risk you take, can't fault the coppers on that score.

Not saying i don't speed, but can't moan if i get caught red handed.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Allyc85
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Really does make me laugh when people moan about the police when they know they have been repeatedly breaking the law
Old 05-09-2008, 08:44 PM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Originally Posted by Elwood
What do you do for a living?
work offshore
Old 05-09-2008, 08:47 PM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

are you all trying to tell me you's do 70 in a 70
i dont drive there on a daily basis so i forget they are there i think they should be doing something better like sorting out junkie fucks etc this country is backward the only reason these assholes sit there is because its a guaranteed money maker
Old 05-09-2008, 08:49 PM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Originally Posted by davemark

50 mile stretch its not as if its a small road
Old 05-09-2008, 08:51 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

not sure mate, but as said, most likely after the serious speeders, so so long as you keep it at 80mph then you shouldn't stand out to much. Then back off when you see them
Old 05-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

lad we sold our octavia vrs to got a speeding ticket after 2 days for 86mph, i personally wouldnt have the cheek to drive past a copper with a speed gun at anything more than 80mph
Old 05-09-2008, 08:55 PM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Originally Posted by matts1
not sure mate, but as said, most likely after the serious speeders, so so long as you keep it at 80mph then you shouldn't stand out to much. Then back off when you see them
i always slow down as soon as i see them but i wasnt sure the range on the camera they use
Old 05-09-2008, 08:56 PM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by bigryrs
doing 70 mph all the time just isnt possible
yes it is !!!!!

steve
Old 05-09-2008, 08:58 PM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Originally Posted by Dicko&Sarah
lad we sold our octavia vrs to got a speeding ticket after 2 days for 86mph, i personally wouldnt have the cheek to drive past a copper with a speed gun at anything more than 80mph
when i was driving back from birmingham with my focus rs the cops were hiding underneath a bridge and i had been driving solid for 5 hours and wasnt really looking out for them i must have came over the hill doing about 90 and i never got any tickets etc that was more than a year ago that was in the same van they always have now and on a motorway
Old 05-09-2008, 09:02 PM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Originally Posted by the youth
yes it is !!!!!

steve
so on a normal drive anywhere you go in your car you can stick to a 30 in a 30 a 60 in a 60 etc yes if you tried to do it but in a normal situation everybody creeps over it even if its by 1 mph i am not trying to say speeding is right etc im not an idiot who drives at 150 and races about in saxos etc im just saying sticking to the speed limit sometimes is a bit of a pain in the ass
Old 05-09-2008, 09:04 PM
Thrifty94
Regular Contributor

they only really chase dangerous drivers and people doing in ecess of 90, and if it is a speed trap, and they dont attempt to pull you, nothing is gonna happen
Old 05-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

i think they should be doing something better like sorting out junkie fucks etc
IN the government eyes speeders are worse than junkie fucks!!
Old 05-09-2008, 09:15 PM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

im just saying sticking to the speed limit sometimes is a bit of a pain in the ass
might be a pain in the arse m8, but it's the law!
Don't get me wrong yes I do speed occasionally, and I for one believe the the speed limits should be raised on motorways to 80mph when conditions allow..
so i'm no anti speed freak...

steve
Old 05-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Adam.
Needs Beer Tokens.....

Lets be honest peeps none of us stick to seventy!, and how many peeps can say they havent had to break as soon as theyve seen a van on a motorway bridge? we are all guilty no matter what
Old 05-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Elwood

work offshore
Offshore MOTHER F&%KERS

I'm sure as you read that, you got all upset and thought "What? Cunt - How fucking dare he say that?".

Well that's how I feel about the title of this thread and what I thought when I read it. Despite what you or anyone else thinks about the police, the rules of the forum still apply. The short bar at the top states:

"defamatory posts will not be tolerated and will be removed without warning"

I don't see why I or any other officer who cares to stick his head above the parapet on this forum, should put up with it. I'm sure I'd get banned in a flash if I posted up something that slagged another profession to death.

In any case, your original post - it's tough you got caught speeding - you knew the camera was in the area. You chanced it and lost. Take it on the chin and learn.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

pmsl at all the peopl that dont drive for a living.

i occasionly have to drive to the arse end of wales, thats 200 miles away.

now, if i were to sit at 70 on the motorway, thats 3 hourse driving right.
except when throught towns etc and the max speed you can do is sub 30mph.

so in reality your looking at 4 hours driving. and you have 5 jobs to do, and get home at a reasonable hour.

like fuck is it possible to stick to 70!!

looking at 10 hours driving sometimes before even laying a hand on a job.

some people really are clueless cunts lol

as for getting caught by a camera van on a bridge on a motorway, i thought id get done as 2 weeks ago tuesday i thought i was bang to rights doing about 90 ont he motorway, when i spotted the cameravan that was at least 1/4 mile away.

i was in the fast lane and fucking jumped on the brakes to about 65ish, now, if any poor cunt was behind me....

anyway, not heard anything so assuming im in the clear, and as a result the front number plate conviently fell off when i stuck the car throught the carwash...

no plate, no id.... no fine...
Old 05-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Offshore MOTHER F&%KERS

I'm sure as you read that, you got all upset and thought "What? Cunt - How fucking dare he say that?".

Well that's how I feel about the title of this thread and what I thought when I read it. Despite what you or anyone else thinks about the police, the rules of the forum still apply. The short bar at the top states:

I don't see why I or any other officer who cares to stick his head above the parapet on this forum, should put up with it. I'm sure I'd get banned in a flash if I posted up something that slagged another profession to death.

In any case, your original post - it's tough you got caught speeding - you knew the camera was in the area. You chanced it and lost. Take it on the chin and learn.
yes its correct that this chap said that the coppers are mother fuckers, but in reality, the wankers int he camera vans are not coppers, so it doesnt matter lol

getting caught by a gatso is fair game, you were too stupid to see it, tough shit.

but come round a blind bend, or over a crest of a hill for cunt in a van to be ready and waiting is just not cricket!

i have been done by a gatso 8 years ago, so yes im stupid - but the fucker never used to be plugged in, till one day, they turned it on lol
Old 05-09-2008, 10:34 PM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Offshore MOTHER F&%KERS

yeah ive chanced it but until i get something through my door i aint lost nothing
as for slagging proffessions who doesnt slag the police yeah some coppers i have met are sound but most go out there way to piss everyone off.
when i first passed my test the cops pulled me over all the time for no good reason and when i asked why i was pulled the reply from a smug copper was we seen 3 guys in a flash car (ford orion) and we though we would pull you over to check insurance etc this went on for ages until i made a complaint then no more hassle and all my mates got the same shit.
i just think police powers are wasted pulling over boy racers trying to check the tints on there car this happened when i first passed my test when i was 17 now im 25 and nothing has changed its in our local paper all the time CRACKDOWN ON BOY RACERS how about CRACKDOWN ON THIEVING SCUMMY JUNKIES everything in this country is fubar and everybody knows it
Old 05-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

If there is a cop van there most times you pass. Then don't speed. And if it's a van it's not even police, it's just a bunch of blokes from some safety camera awerness partnership council or something.............

If you drive 100 miles, at 90mph, and 100 miles at 80mph, guess how much time you'd save?

11 minutes.... So, leave 11 minutes earlier and stay out of trouble.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

rab, when you leave your hous in the morning at 6.30am, and dont often get home before 6.30pm, do you think people can be fucked to leave 11 mins earlier?

can they fuck, they just drive at 90 lol

last month, i done 80 hours overtime.... and that was more than fucking enough!
Old 05-09-2008, 10:47 PM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Originally Posted by Rab
If there is a cop van there most times you pass. Then don't speed. And if it's a van it's not even police, it's just a bunch of blokes from some safety camera awerness partnership council or something.............

If you drive 100 miles, at 90mph, and 100 miles at 80mph, guess how much time you'd save?

11 minutes.... So, leave 11 minutes earlier and stay out of trouble.
thats 11 minutes im not in bed feck that lol
Old 05-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Well lads, I work at sea. My daily commute involves 2 flights of stairs and a stop for a cup of tea. Takes literally, 2 minutes.

You boyos ought to get better jobs
Old 05-09-2008, 10:51 PM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Originally Posted by Rab
Well lads, I work at sea. My daily commute involves 2 flights of stairs and a stop for a cup of tea. Takes literally, 2 minutes.

You boyos ought to get better jobs
some people would pay a large sum to do what i do and thats not much at all
Old 05-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by davemark

They see him coming, literrally.

Benni.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:39 AM
JayCC
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Fudgey
rab, when you leave your hous in the morning at 6.30am, and dont often get home before 6.30pm, do you think people can be fucked to leave 11 mins earlier?

can they fuck, they just drive at 90 lol

last month, i done 80 hours overtime.... and that was more than fucking enough!
next month you'll have to do 100 hours to pay off the speeding fines.

are you actually a BMW driver stuck in a ford drivers body?
appear to have the same attitude e.g "can't be fucked to leave 11 mins earlier, i'll just speed instead!"

I'm no driving Jedi, i just don't break the law very often. I like my clean license.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:29 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Amused by all the 'if you can't do the time...' posts.

No one's actually pointed out that these speed traps aren't actually there for safety, but are there for revenue. You've all just rolled over and accepted them like good little citizens.

And Elwood - While I respect that you may well be one of the 'good cops', virtually every motorist is sick and tired of the proliferation of speed cameras all around this country. If you're a traffic cop then you'll know the statistics, and will know that only a tiny proportion of injury accidents occur over the posted speed limit, and of those accidents many are from drink/drugged drivers and stolen cars. Therefore speed traps can do nothing to combat the vast majority of accidents on the road.

I don't think cops are MOTHER F&%KERS, but I do think that anyone who's involved with the camera partnerships are.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:38 AM
Elwood

When i first passed my test the cops pulled me over all the time for no good reason and when I asked why I'd been stopped, the reply from a smug copper was we seen 3 guys in a flash car (a Ford Orion) and we though we would pull you over to check insurance etc
Are you telling me that when you were 17 and had a car full of your friends, that you never stepped out of line at all? Kept to 30 in a 30 and so on? By your own admission in the original post and subsequent posts, you're prone to going beyond the limit. I've only got your side of the story why you kept being pulled over and I suspect there might be something more to it.

i just think police powers are wasted pulling over boy racers trying to check the tints on there car this happened when i first passed my test when i was 17 now im 25
It might surprise you, but disqualified drivers try to hide behind tints to avoid recognition - so cars with tints get stopped. Furthermore, it's amusing to watch drivers have to lower their window at night because the tint is too dark! I'd say that's a big safety consideration and another perfectly good reason to stop a car.

How about CRACKDOWN ON THIEVING SCUMMY JUNKIES everything in this country is fubar and everybody knows it
But like normal, no-one is prepared to do anything about it, because it would interfere with their own lives.

Round these parts, drug users are regularly arrested and then placed before the courts and this is where it goes wrong, which I'd imagine is the same for the whole country. Arresting the users is not particularly hard at all - typically of low intelligence thanks to their addiction, lacking in any sort of moral fibre, usually bored and easily led, users are often found in the same old places doing the same old things.

The law (proposed by parliament, approved by the house of lords and finally sanctioned by HM Queen Elizabeth) only gives certain scale of punishments for offences, like possession of drugs.

If the public want the law changed, then the public are going to have to get off their backsides and vote. Nothing changes by sitting around talking about it.

Same for the speed cameras. Don't like them? Then vote them out.

DanW - I personally (which means not reflecting my force area's views) dislike camera's. I find the personal touch ten times more effective. I think the money could be better spent elsewhere. But hey, I'm a lowly PC which means I'm an officer and not a politician, and not in a position to make decisions like that

The end line of all this is that I get annoyed with the constant bitching directed towards police officers, on here. Most of the time it's unjust and seems like the thing to do. For the average bobby, there are numerous unpleasant things to be dealt with throughout the days and nights on duty. I wonder if a day or two an officers shoes might change some people's minds?
Old 06-09-2008, 07:47 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

The end line of all this is that I get annoyed with the constant bitching directed towards police officers, on here. Most of the time it's unjust and seems like the thing to do. For the average bobby, there are numerous unpleasant things to be dealt with throughout the days and nights on duty. I wonder if a day or two an officers shoes might change some people's minds?
Any job where you get to have 'authority' over the average citizen, will get you stick. Surely you joined the police fully aware of that?

I've got the utmost respect for the Police FWIW. Just not any cop with a speed gun in his hand. They're cunts.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:51 AM
Elwood

Of course. I joined the job with my eyes open and then had them opened some more when I finished my training.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:53 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Same for the speed cameras. Don't like them? Then vote them out.
If there was the option to do that, then we would. But there is no option.

And sadly the majority of the public are stupid and gullible, and lap up all the bullshit spouted by the Police/Councils/Camera Pratnerships. Most people believe they work even though the facts say otherwise.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:58 AM
vibrating_cake

i drive for a living.....
i drive at the speed limit.... most of the time...
its called a satnav/SIGNS... drive however you want wherever you want, but if there are signs up with a white background and a black camera on saying "REVENUE CAMERAS" just slow down to the speed limit... they arent EVERYWHERE!

simple as, its like saying "oh can i get caught speeding by those cameras at the side of the road, ya know, those big yellow ones, if i go 45past them in a 30"
dont be so bloody stupid to speed in REVENUE CAMERA zones and you'll be fine!
*rolls eyes*
Old 06-09-2008, 08:08 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

i read the post totaly differently to everyone else (no, i wasn't standing on a chair doing yoga either ) but the title sugegsts that the police officers who were potentially manning the speed trap were the mf's, not all police

and he's asking about how far away they can catch you from

and no ones answered these questions
Old 06-09-2008, 08:10 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by dojj

and he's asking about how far away they can catch you from

and no ones answered these questions
In a sane world they'd act as a deterrent and just the sight of them would make you slow down, but the reality of it is that by the time you've seen them it's generally too late.

The Lasers can get you from a LOOOONNNGG way away!

Quick Reply: police camera van MOTHER F&%KERS