General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

bus drivers what 30k a year ??

Search this Thread

Old 29-08-2008, 09:55 PM
JHS
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk
With the amount you type on this forum, I believe this 110%.
Comes from this forums number one poster...
Old 29-08-2008, 09:58 PM
sbd16v
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ginge !
WHAT ARE THE FUCKING ARMED FORCES PAIED FFS
i get 34k and atm im sitting in classrooms for a MAX of 32 hours a week.

and they even give a student discount card
Old 29-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Originally Posted by JHS
Comes from this forums number one poster...

I don't write an essay to a question like "whats your favourite colour"

Old 29-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stavros
stock checking, parts delivery, and general office duties.

and your you make 30 g?

hook me up!

theres alittle more to it than that steve, im required cause i do alot of things and also understand the parts cause i deal with them rather than text on a screen

its " sales based" cause theres not a title for it

aslong as any query is delt with efficently

you ever hear me complain about my actual job, theres one manager who we dont get along but hes got a issue with me for some reason

i get along with the directors ( most of the time)

i also work close with the directors on projects when they change there business plans about if they aint working
Old 29-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Originally Posted by sbd16v
i get 34k and atm im sitting in classrooms for a MAX of 32 hours a week.

and they even give a student discount card

I was on 21k, Shit for to the job I was doing, and now starting, which is in the 50k bracket.

Shame I don't start until November
Old 29-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk
With the amount you type on this forum, I believe this 110%.
mate its a fact, i know ALL my customers very well, some of em HATE me, others like having a laugh with me

ive also been offered the job as assistant branch manager of unipart on a new branch they are opening up in 3 weeks from the recomendation of a few managers who i speak to on the phone about stuff,,,,, usually just a general talk about EVERYTHING but cars

secret to sales is to get the calls done in under a 1 min,,,,, ask anyone whos been on the phone to me how long they was talking to me for ( even at work )
Old 29-08-2008, 10:07 PM
JHS

theres one manager who we dont get along but hes got a issue with me for some reason
With the shit you come up with thats hardly surprising is it...
Old 29-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

tbh the ironic part was HE was the one who recomended me and offered me the job pmsl

he USED to be the one i answered to, just we never got along so i was moved
Old 29-08-2008, 10:10 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

im shite at sales as i talk too much on the phone to people
secret to sales is to get the calls done in under a 1 min,,,,, ask anyone whos been on the phone to me how long they was talking to me for ( even at work )
I'm so confused!
Old 29-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

theres alittle more to it than that steve, im required cause i do alot of things and also understand the parts cause i deal with them rather than text on a screen

you ever hear me complain about my actual job, theres one manager who we dont get along but hes got a issue with me for some reason

i also work close with the directors on projects when they change there business plans about if they aint working
unless there something your not mentioning, im amazed a job like that will give you anywhere near 30k, tho i guess it is london, cost of living and all that.

understanding the things you sell and working with directors on projects isnt exactly things that are something different or special.

amaaaaaazing.

Last edited by Stavros; 29-08-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old 29-08-2008, 10:13 PM
JimmyBoy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Well... I couldnt really be bothered to read the whole of this thread, but my thinking is, who cares!

Say your 25, not got any skills as such and have the prospect of a Ł12k p/a no prospects job, or Ł30k p/a that isnt "skilled", your gonna take the Ł30k job.

Unfortunately, there are too many employers that will pretty much treat you like shit, and dispose of you as soon as they feel fit, there's not a lot of loyalty there.

Ive been there before and tried being commited to my job and doings things 110%, but when you are respected no more for it than anyone else, why should you bother busting a gut ?

It seems to me your just pissed because someone doing an "unskilled" job is getting more money than you in your "skilled" job, but what is so "skilled" about your job ? and why dont your grumble about lorry drivers too as I think they are on a reasonable good wage, and "all" they are doing is sitting behind a wheel all day (at least to those who dont see any of the other work there job entails)
Old 29-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

BUT i have a MIN target i have to hit, i have requirements of me that HAS to be done and some days i get home and just fall asleep

3 months ago i was so tired and falling asleep at my desk at 5ish due to being knackard that i took 3 days off where i just slept and chilled to recoupe

but also i work 60 hours a week to with no lunch break

if i aint got nothing to do, i have to contact customers and MAKE the cash come in, visit customers and resolve issues

its not the same as driving a bus with old people and school kids arguing about " sorry no change" when someone has a fiver,,, or REFUSE to accept coppers or 5p's as its too hard to fucking count

not to mention the noise and polution they cause with there DIRTY fucking engines
So youve got you sitting at your desk falling asleep(still one day would love for you to actually explain EXACTLY what YOU do for a living by the way),then youve got the bus drivers who have to deal with the black gangs in London on the late shifts,even up North men in pairs jumping on empty buses at night with bats demanding the nights takings,yes ginge my dad is a bus driving instructor and was a driver for 22 years and it isnt as rosy as the picture you just painted,you are way of the mark this time ginger even by your standards
Old 29-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Your so full of shit Ginge,basically your a jumped up parts courier man!!!
Old 29-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

why are you confused

im shite at sales cause i spend too long with each caller, instead of getting the call and dealing with it, move on to the next i talk alot about general shite

NOW when customers have a issue, wanna go indepth to explain the telesales guys aint got the time as they are trying to get as many sales as possible........ but i seem to be able to take the time to listen

in return more and more customers called to speak to me to tell me theres issues as others wasnt interested,,,,, as this HELPED the sales by reliving pressure AND keeping the customer happy this is how i started off

cause i not only solved the issues i got the system corrected so it never happened again i was reconised for this, when accounts had a member of staff off ill and they was customer chasing there account statments to pay them i looked into it, found she was snowed under so helped her out and done a few simple tasks

i have learned how the buisness opperates, someone is off and i can fill the position at a temp basis

YET i pissed my boss off as i never seemed to do what he actually asked me to do
Old 29-08-2008, 10:21 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

You deserve a 'partsperson of the year medal' Ginge!
Old 29-08-2008, 10:23 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

thats just tech support ginge, big deal, should be a required part of the job. esp as no offence, but you certainly no technical car genius, so to come in to the job and suddenly be like that, it cant be too hard.

EVERYTHING you say you do, is stuff ive done for god know how many companies in the past, inc Honda etc.
You know details on the products, like any good parts person should.
You do random office monkey stuff, and know the business as a whole so can do stuff when others are away, like any good office monkey should.
You deliver shit when you need to, like any parts person, office monkey, or delivery monkey could.
You have a say in big projects with the big bosses, just like anyone in a half decent company would.

Nothing your suggesting is anywhere near a 30K a year job, its the kind of stuff ive always done, and expect tons of people on here have too.

We must all be missing some vital job role you do or something?

Last edited by Stavros; 29-08-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 29-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You have just totally contradicted yourself ,earlier in the thread you said this

Then you say this.....

why are you confused

im shite at sales cause i spend too long with each caller, instead of getting the call and dealing with it, move on to the next i talk alot about general shite

make up your mind kid, do you sort it in under 1 minute,or do you spend too long with each caller? Go and stand in the corner son.
Old 29-08-2008, 10:26 PM
big_wig_074
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

agreed,honestly Ginge,youre complaining,and your job description to me looks like a 15k a year job!
Old 29-08-2008, 10:27 PM
cosevo

defo a lot of trumpet blowing, and mainly by you, we get it, your good at your job but shite at your job but who cares, its all those pesky kids fault
Old 29-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

who cares what he is on and what he does... its his business.

Good luck to you Ginge... you should become a journalist or something with all your waffle, although, the pay is shit.
Old 29-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ouch,Ginge got owned tonight!!! LOL
Old 29-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Originally Posted by big_wig_074
agreed,honestly Ginge,youre complaining,and your job description to me looks like a 15k a year job!
Ditto.

13-15k id say, depending on experience.

Maybe more as its London, but unless he keeping the bit where he has to bare knuckle fight gypsies, feed wild uncaged lions, or test if blood is infected with aids by injecting himself with it, thats nowhere near a 30k job, its a job ive done similar plenty of times, and so has hundreds of folk on here i bet.
Old 29-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

oh dear

ginge, you really dont have a clue about business do you

i know next to fuck all, and thats still 1000000x more than you

The whole world does not work in the same way as your life does, just because it's all you know does not means thats all there is
Old 29-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

mate ive never said " i deserve" my wages, you asked WHY i get that, as said its bonus based ontop of a rise from when i got my bonus added to my salary

i get paied less than the branch managers so im FAR from at the top of the food chain in my place

im not a partsman though is my point, the company i work for dont have any garage attached, they own depots who deliverparts, i work in the head office
Old 29-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

im not a partsman though is my point, the company i work for dont have any garage attached, they own depots who deliverparts, i work in the head office
a motorfactors
Old 29-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Mr Brannen
You have just totally contradicted yourself ,earlier in the thread you said this

Then you say this.....

why are you confused

make up your mind kid, do you sort it in under 1 minute,or do you spend too long with each caller? Go and stand in the corner son.
i DONT deal with calls in under a min THATS WHY im shite at sales

greg our drivers earn more than 15k a year mate
15k is a junior partsmans wage and ANY main dealer
Old 29-08-2008, 10:35 PM
big_wig_074
PassionFord Post Whore!!

drivers DONT get paid bonuses though!so it equals out!
and i deliver to garages and uniparts around the south west and no one i know gets 30k a year!
Old 29-08-2008, 10:36 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

a motorfactors
NO, we own a few companys who make parts, we supply factors though and own another company that supplys garages
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

as said its bonus based ontop of a rise from when i got my bonus added to my salary
So you had a salary and a bonus. Then your bonus got added to your salary, and then you got a bonus on top?? Right-o.

I think Jim summed it up well - you do seem to look at the whole world through your own eyes. And all you see is all you think there is.
mark
PassionFord Post Whore!!

lol as a good friend ginge you way off the mark on this one

i was a conductor on the old bsuses for a few years and that was a hard fooking job
haing to deal with people trying to get on when the bus is full tourists and kids drunk twats at night and back then we diddent have set prices and oyster cards

i was put up to be a driver but faild my test its so hard to drive to there standerds for an hour

and that 30k wont be what you get in the first year of driving
Old 29-08-2008, 10:37 PM
AndyBrew

Maybe more as its London, but unless he keeping the bit where he has to bare knuckle fight gypsies, feed wild uncaged lions, or test if blood is infected with aids by injecting himself with it
there are a few statements that catch my eye and this is one of 'em

never ceases to amaze me on this site what people earn, there have been many post before of a similar nature, i know what I earn, and what I pay my staff and although we are in Leicester somewhere down the line something doesn't stack up
Old 29-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by big_wig_074
drivers DONT get paid bonuses though!so it equals out!
and i deliver to garages and uniparts around the south west and no one i know gets 30k a year!

mate the basic wage of a unipart manager is 35k, they are paying there partsmen between 20 and 23k, reps and ABMs 25k

partsman must have a min of 3 years experience, ABMs 3 years of supervisory and managers 3 years of management ( though not in the motortrade)
Old 29-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The holes getting deeper Ginge,do you want a rope to get out?
Old 29-08-2008, 10:42 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

NO, we own a few companys who make parts, we supply factors though and own another company that supplys garages
So it's a motorfactor's motorfactor then?
Old 29-08-2008, 10:43 PM
cosevo

mate ive never said " i deserve" my wages, you asked WHY i get that, as said its bonus based ontop of a rise from when i got my bonus added to my salary
so are you not in the same boat as the very bus drivers you started off at

over paid just like them and neither of you deserve it

pot kettle and all that
Old 29-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

London is where the money can be earnt.. 30k is average IMO so what Ginge is saying, its not unrealistic IMO..

Isnt there a guy on here that commutes from Birmingham to Central London everyday... must be worth it
Old 29-08-2008, 10:44 PM
AndyBrew

Originally Posted by Westy
London is where the money can be earnt.. 30k is average IMO so what Ginge is saying, its not unrealistic IMO..

Isnt there a guy on here that commutes from Birmingham to Central London everyday... must be worth it
I'd sooner wank my dad than travel to that shit hole very day
Old 29-08-2008, 10:45 PM
big_wig_074
PassionFord Post Whore!!

mate the basic wage of a unipart manager is 35k, they are paying there partsmen between 20 and 23k, reps and ABMs 25k

partsman must have a min of 3 years experience, ABMs 3 years of supervisory and managers 3 years of management ( though not in the motortrade)
not outside of london!and THREE years experience?wooooooo!
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by cosevo
so are you not in the same boat as the very bus drivers you started off at

over paid just like them and neither of you deserve it

pot kettle and all that
OUCH!!!!!! Ginge your gonna be hurting tommorow!!
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Andy - lol...

yeah its a shit hole, but its a well paid shit hole

Quick Reply: bus drivers what 30k a year ??