General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Right f*** it...is cancer a conspiracy???

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 02:57 AM
EvilFranky
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right f*** it...is cancer a conspiracy???

So many of my family have died because of it and i'm sure alot of the users of this board have aswell.

Its the only disease that we don't seem able to cure properly apart from AIDS.

Why?!?? Its been around for soooo long yet we don't ever seem to get an further towards developing better treatments for it.

Are the worlds governments using it as a way of controlling population levels, and playing it off as something they can't do anything about?

Just something me and one of my very good friends were discussing earlier tonight on the beer...whats your thoughts?
Old 07-11-2004, 03:09 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good point in a way, esp with AIDS, the population in Africa would increase absoliutley madly if it wasnt for AIDS killing so many people.

I wouldny say the worlds goverments are deliberatley holding back cures tho as things like that would blatantly get out.

My thoughts are same as ever, 1 in 3 people get diagnosed with cancer a t some point iin their lives so fuck living all sensible and shit like that, go have some fucking fun

Im fookin absolutley blindo so i reserve the right to say ignore all this once i rtead it again once im sober, lkol
Old 07-11-2004, 09:11 AM
edd
Advanced PassionFord User

maybe the goverments introduce population controlling illness,
Old 07-11-2004, 11:06 AM
Chris Honeywell

Yep 1 in three get cancer at some point in there life,if they made real effort then there would be a cure now
but the tossers can't be fucked
Old 07-11-2004, 11:49 AM
Chipperx2

I heard somewhere that AIDS was spread through Africa knowingly not sure though? also I know that George W Bush has vito'ed a decision to give free condoms to People in Africa to try and cut down the spread of AIDS, now figure that one out
Old 07-11-2004, 12:02 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Some peeps been watching to much movies

I think we could have cured it by now if certain researchs is allowed and more money being spent on it as ever

As for Aids a difficult one but here there is some kind of vactionation to stop it now, though i think its in its earlier trials Trouble is they dont help them selves as they want to stop shagging each other so much when they know they got aids
Old 07-11-2004, 12:55 PM
Wazzzer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Cancer is close to my heart, lost 3 members of my family to it, You'd think the government could have spent the money they wasted on the dome into research and treatment but no.

Actually I won't even get started on this subject

Trending Topics

Old 07-11-2004, 01:03 PM
Gee
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Cancer killed me dad,but the reason its so hard to cure is its not anything you can "catch"

in fact cancer could be easiest described as your own cells mutating, over your life your body has to replicate itself endless times but when in does this a piece of RNA is copied and left with the original code for further copies. The cancer appears when there is a miscommunication in the replication proces, so there fore when replication occurs again a mutant cell is produced to which the immune system will fight,to do this the body walls of the area but the resultingly trapped cells are then overtaken by the mutant. because the mutant carries dna coding its possible for the cancer to spread past the bodies defences.

As a foot note my dade died in 10 weeks from diagnosis,he was a 6'5 bloke wieghing in at bout 17/18 stone in the 10 weeks it took him to die he lost 10 stone

All my sympathys to all who have lost peeps to the "Big C"
Old 07-11-2004, 01:30 PM
RaVeR

could be that but do you think every country that researchs cancer does that? But I would not donate to cancer research if thats the case and what about the scientists researching it? surely if they found a cure it would be let out
Old 07-11-2004, 01:37 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

I firmly beleive the common cold has been cured but the companys who make
the medicines wont release the cure as this would destroy their sales.

As for cancer.. fook knows what the truth is.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:37 PM
EvilFranky

Bloody hell, i've gotta start posting more often when i'm pissed!

Looks like i got a semi popular thread on my hands
Old 07-11-2004, 02:48 PM
james_birch
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by SECS
I firmly beleive the common cold has been cured but the companys who make
the medicines wont release the cure as this would destroy their sales.

As for cancer.. fook knows what the truth is.
have you ever thought that if they cured the common cold sumit else would come that our bodies wouldnt be able to defend themselves against?

the reaosn they dont cure some things is cus what comes next wont be cureable! better to have a cold for a few days then die of a new bug/germ

as for cancer...im very sorry to hear about people tragic loses! cancer has effected mine family too! thats one of the reasons i give to cancer research!!!!
Old 07-11-2004, 02:54 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

I have heard something similar.

Apparantly now we are all "too clean" and have destroyed our own natural
defences against allergies and viruses.

( Except my new "friend" who is a right old dirty b*tch )
Old 07-11-2004, 02:58 PM
zoso11

I read sumwer about cancer and modern illness' being conspiracies.. and it made sum good points.. and things like the cold.. ur tellin me we cant cure that.. Every winter without fail you get 1.. pisses me rite off..

Lovin ur avatar tho EvilFranky.. pure old skool gaming
Old 07-11-2004, 03:07 PM
EvilFranky

Zoso11 - Aye, i seen it and made me laugh...so i make it my avatar whenever i can
Old 07-11-2004, 03:07 PM
james_birch
PassionFord Post Whore!!

also about the cold anf flu!...theres like so many differant strains of the virus! so if u wanna take 30pills a day to keep each of them away!...be my guest id rather just catch one and do the male thing and say that im the illest man alove and get the better half to do everything for me!
Old 07-11-2004, 03:14 PM
Phil
Jeebus

Cancer is an ievitablility of modern life!

From what we do-
-Smoke (lung/throat cancer etc)
-Binge drink (liver failure maybe cancer?)
-Eat junk food (bowel cancer)
-Use mobile phones (ok not proven but sticking your head in a microwave isn't adviseable either!)

Then just the entire modern life, image all the radio waves etc bombarding us 24/7 surely these must all amount to something, tv screens etc all give out radiation of a sort! The high power electrical circuits running all aorund our houses..

And then just the general fact we live so much longer in modern times- you have to die from something!

I have no doubt of cancer being caused by the modern lifestyle but there isn't a huge amount we can do to change that. You never hear of anyone pre-1900's or so having cancer!?!
Old 07-11-2004, 03:53 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

I've lost three members of immediate family to it in the last 4 years.......it is a horrendus (sp ) way to go. If i get it and it's diagnosed as terminal I will get straight in my car and drive off the nearest tall car park. There is no way I am putting my family through watching me die a slow painful death
Old 07-11-2004, 04:38 PM
JulianHJ
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Cancer - a conspiracy?

Get a grip!

- Major killers like TB, Small Pox, Cholera no longer a threat
- Better diet, healthcare, cleanliness and quality of life

1 in 3 are contracting cancer because they are no longer at risk from the above factors, plus vast improvements in medical technology means increased rate of detection.

You and I pay billions towards the NHS to ensure the populace is healthy and productive (granted, the system is hamstrung by worthless decision-makers). The last thing the government needs are further burdens to a system nearing meltdown - society needs productive members.

Granted there are certainly links (not sure how 'concrete' they are) between cancer/leukemia and proximity to nuclear facilities. Plus the weekly scare stories about eating X or not eating enough Y gives you Z may have some credence.

As soon as more effective treatments are discovered, pure capitalism will make sure we get them - and at a cost. HIV/AIDS cases are spreading throughout Africa through ignorance and lack of funds to treat the afflicted. Companies that come up with effective treatments make phenomenal quanities of money. Holding out on a cure for cancer would be unthinkable.

Something's going to kill you. As most diseases are now preventable/treatable, odds-on it'll be something like heart disease or cancer. You can minimise the risk by having a healthy lifestyle and getting regular check-ups (especially if you family has a history of disease).

Carpe Diem and all that

PS IMHO stem cell research & development will lead to new organs replacing worn/faulty items, extending lifespans further as you are able to have exact duplicates vat-grown for you. Next up as the big scare? Degenerative brain diseases perhaps? Likely to be far harder to treat than organ failure! It's not like growing a spare brain is on the cards anytime soon...
Old 07-11-2004, 05:52 PM
EvilFranky

Julian - Not cancer being the conspiracy, but the lack of a cure.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:32 PM
Anonymous
Banned

As a foot note my dade died in 10 weeks from diagnosis,he was a 6'5 bloke wieghing in at bout 17/18 stone in the 10 weeks it took him to die he lost 10 stone
I can sympathise with that, my mum was diagnosed with a brain tumour in May this year, was told that nothing can be done, sorry . She died 10 weeks later, so I know how you feel. .She was 57, and they told her it was terminal on her birthday. Happy birthday....

And for the record, she wasn't overweight, never smoked etc so you wonder why...
Old 07-11-2004, 07:22 PM
Mrs Ginge

i lost my mum to cancer 4 years ago this christmas.

when she was diagnosed she had cancer in the head of her pancreas, they operated on her a month later took the tuma and head of pancres away,

about 2/3 mths later she got told she had the all clear only to find out 3wks later that they had mixed her results up with another patients and the cancer came back in the liver, there was nothing they could do and she died 5 mths later.

she was only 40, she went from 12 stone down to 5 stone it was the most horrible thing seeing your mum laying there like a vegetable and you can't do a thing about it.

i hope they do find a cure for it soon because i wouldn't like anyone else to go threw this.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:44 PM
JulianHJ
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by EvilFranky
Julian - Not cancer being the conspiracy, but the lack of a cure.
Ahh, fair enough. As I said though, BIG business - a huge prize will go to those who can develop effective treatments. With so many chasing the solution, it would need to be an X-Files scale conspiracy to work!

As it is, I can imagine that replacement organs would be the next big thing if the ethics/legal aspects were resolved. Failing that, improved chemotherapy perhaps?

Aside from that, there must be plenty of other ways to socially engineer similar results without such risky action. Like maybe encouraging by inaction a whole generation of junk food-eating, sedentry, overweight, couch potatoes who are overindulging themselves into an early grave.

Anyway, less healthy people, fewer taxes collected, more burden on the state

Who knows what The State is playing at.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:58 PM
COS 22

my dad died of it when i was young, my mam and sister had breast cancer, both now ok, and my other sister had cervical cancer, now ok

it is a worry, i do think they do what they can though

never seen u at the club for a while franky ??
Old 07-11-2004, 10:07 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If there wasn't cancer or aids nowadays then there would be something else. The more you cure, the worse the disease will get. Evolution
Old 07-11-2004, 11:08 PM
Paul J

have you ever thought that if they cured the common cold sumit else would come that our bodies wouldnt be able to defend themselves against?

the reaosn they dont cure some things is cus what comes next wont be cureable! better to have a cold for a few days then die of a new bug/germ

Why if the flu is cured would another illness appear? More likely that existing 'bugs' will mutate into various strains, possibly more dangerous. Therfore if it can be wiped out it should.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:22 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Paul J

Why if the flu is cured would another illness appear? More likely that existing 'bugs' will mutate into various strains, possibly more dangerous. Therfore if it can be wiped out it should.
The "Flu" bug is cureable and can easily be immunised. The problem is a few strains adapt every year and become more and more immune to drugs, hence you create super bugs and chemists can't keep up ala HRI
Old 08-11-2004, 12:23 AM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i found a lump on my side about 2 month's ago im not sure what it is yet been to the doc and ive got to go back soon.

some say when you have cancer or a sign of it you find a lump or you get a lump is this right
Old 08-11-2004, 04:44 AM
Keith B

Baz, that could be any number of things - 9/10 times its a cist. You did the right thing to get it checked out though.

Over population of the world is a major problem - humans consume so much of the worlds resources - Nature will find a way to prevent that, every so often a mutated strain of a disease appears that kills millions and we;re long overdue for one.

As for the cancer thing - even accounting for greater detection rates with modern medicine cancer used to be very rare 2 or 3 generations back. I read an interesting article recently about fast food, preservatives and chemicals in food these days that are possibly linked to these things. My Dad always grew there own veggies and everything - i dont know anyone that does that now.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:34 AM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Cancer a conspiracy WTF I've had first hand experience of the NHS when it comes to cancer. All I can say is that they are fucking stars The docs and nurses deserve medals. As far as not having a cure, I believe that we are probably not far off. Research continues to imprve. I've read a few articles now describing new techniques and targeting which are at trial stage. This is the bit that holds development back imo, getting all the approvals, but then again, I expect its only the desperate who are willing to be guinea pigs.

The best chance of surviving cancer is to catch it early. If, unfortunately, you turn up at the docs and by this stage its taken over 3/4 of your lungs, don't be suprised if it can't be cured. As advanced as transplants are, they have yet to do complete nervous systems/brains/lymphatic systems etc!

If you believe all the conspiracy theories, then you are doing a disservice to all the Doc's and research bods who believe in what they are doing!

As an aside, I do believe in the whole "steralising the herd" theory. Our water is too clean, and we stuff ourselves with crap. We should all be allowed to eat worms and pick food off the floor when we are kids that will build up a good immune system
Old 08-11-2004, 07:14 AM
brad
PassionFord Post Troll

its a fuckin orrible disease thats for sure .
my old man was diagnosed with lung cancer after he had a heart attack . Worthing hospital found it and after 6 weeks told him they wouldnt be able to treat it as it had gone to far . as he was leaving the hospital one of the nurses gave my dad a telephone number of a doctor from Guys in london which he phoned . within 48hrs this doctor from guys (dr dussek) was in worthing hospital lookin at dads files and saying he would like to have a go at removing the cancer .
My old man went to guys , had a 6 hour operation and the doctor managed to remove all effected parts . he had some intensive radiotherapy and touch wood its all been fine . he was working leading a normal life within a year .

if it wasnt for the nurse and dr dussek my old man would be dead by now , what i would like to know is why couldnt worthing hospital have done more ? how many have died because of that kind of attitude ?
Old 08-11-2004, 08:12 AM
Jimboxr4x4

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't personally think there is any conspiracy at work here but it is true that if there was an overnight 'cure' for cancer then the economy would be in a lot of trouble. It is true that people of any age can get cancer but by far the largest sufferers are the elderly. These people are mostly retired and so do no provide any income for the government. Hence if suddenly all these people that would have died suddenly live another 10 years it would place an absolutely enormous strain on the economy as they cost a lot of money to support (benefits, old age pension etc). It would be nice to think that our Government would welcome a cure but to be honest Gordon Brown will be a very worried man indeed if a 'cure' was found!
Old 08-11-2004, 12:39 PM
EvilFranky

COS 22 - Yeah i havn't been for ages mate. Only reason being is the place i worked at the time decided to change my shift from continentals to a 3 shift system and getting to the meets was basically impossible.

The way everything fell i'd have been able to pop along about twice a year LOL.

Plus engine rebuild etc has kept me well off the road
Old 08-11-2004, 06:55 PM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

thank's keith b

brad your dad was lucky mate good to hear he's o.k
Old 08-11-2004, 07:10 PM
The Gravedigger

Cancer became big news steadily over the last 100 years.

Since the invention of the motor car approximately.

Some people say it's caused by Benzine and other stuff in petrol... that's why you don't read about cancer in history books...