General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Where did my BHP go?? Rolling road graph....

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 08:42 PM
bigchez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rsnissan
is it was a small leak then the turbo would have been overspeeding to compensate on the RR this might have increased the charge temps and the ecu may have backed off the ignition resulting in a lower figure.......................
Possibly.....small leak thats made the hose weak is all I can think of as its hardly normal for a hose to blow that badly!

God knows, it seemed to go fine on the way home so I'll SORN it over the winter as planned and crack on with a mini rear end (oooh, matron) resto.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:04 AM
foxy12304
snap-on

Originally Posted by Roosie
foxy you didnt live in Brandon did you?
yeh shithole aint it......and im afraid i still do, by the looks of it so do you or did?? tametha obviously did at some point as well, however i was under the impression ray sold autopoint to travel around europe....i guess he ended up back home at harlston then..
Old 06-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Karl
Norris Motorsport

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Only just spotted this thread.

This post sums up exactly why I don't advise using rolling roads for anything other than diagnostic work. You cannot map a car properly on the rolling road and power runs really are hit and miss due to the huge variations that cannot be accounted for. (i.e. gear ratios, tyre diameters and pressure, air charge temps, load, boost loss, transmission condition etc) It makes me laugh that people cheer when they do well and worry like mad when the car is down on power. RR power runs are a lottery, and do nothing but risk overheating your engine.

Chez your car has a great engine and perfroms amazing for a T34. It is well over 360bhp, if you want to prove it to yourself, pop it on harveys dyno and see for yourself!
Old 06-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

Karl,

Agree 100% seems people just want numbers these days rather than a nice drivable road car, makes me chuckle how a car can feel fantastic to someone out on the road, responsive etc, then they have there dyno run and it's not the figures they were after then all of a sudden the car is no longer what they thought, "why have i lost my bhp" number chasing, you've gotta love it..
Old 06-08-2008, 05:54 PM
bigchez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Karl
Only just spotted this thread.

This post sums up exactly why I don't advise using rolling roads for anything other than diagnostic work. You cannot map a car properly on the rolling road and power runs really are hit and miss due to the huge variations that cannot be accounted for. (i.e. gear ratios, tyre diameters and pressure, air charge temps, load, boost loss, transmission condition etc) It makes me laugh that people cheer when they do well and worry like mad when the car is down on power. RR power runs are a lottery, and do nothing but risk overheating your engine.

Chez your car has a great engine and perfroms amazing for a T34. It is well over 360bhp, if you want to prove it to yourself, pop it on harveys dyno and see for yourself!
Cheers fella, nice thing to say!!

I think I was worrying about nothing reading the responses, and the hose popping on Sunday may have had something to do with it!

It certainly drives lovely since you did the mapping on it, and accelerates "alright" as well!
Old 06-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Chez, do you have any pics of your 3dr??

Was you with us in the convoy with Marco etc??
Old 06-08-2008, 06:05 PM
bigchez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by staffi
Chez, do you have any pics of your 3dr??

Was you with us in the convoy with Marco etc??
Some here fella

https://passionford.com/forum/pictures-video-and-photoshop-forum/241754-bufty-d-3-door.html

I met up with the central group @ Watford Gap on Sunday. Don't think I've met you or marco.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by bigchez
Some here fella

https://passionford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241754

I met up with the central group @ Watford Gap on Sunday. Don't think I've met you or marco.

Very nice, i know/have seen the car yes, looks mint fella and i'm sure with Karls mapping it flys...

Don't stress yourself over those RR Figures mate...
Old 06-08-2008, 11:04 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by staffi
Don't stress yourself over those RR Figures mate...
here here...if it puts a smile on your face when you drive it who cares what a graph says