General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Can you guess which tuner did this???

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 09:35 PM
leecavturbo
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you couldn't write this, oh hold on
Old 01-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Originally Posted by Ian M500COS
I never actually had one as always paid him in cash!! But I have got an itemised extras bill that he emailed me after the original engine was built in 2003!

It was an extras bill because it involved fitting a Stack Dash (supplied by me), and the extra "work" to fit and map the engine with the Mountune Throttle system and EGR. All these parts were supplied by me.

The original idea was for him to just supply and fit a new bottom end...using a new block, steel rods and JE pistons, using my crank, head cams and everything else - The agreed price was 5 grand! When I think about it, this was rather dear cos in 2003, blocks were only £500. Id say he was making about £3000 from the labour. When I added the extra bits and pieces I knew that I would have to pay some extra over the original bottom end job, and at one point I had an email off him saying that this extras bill was £2k then went up to £3k. It was only when I picked the car up, that he gave me a £6,300 extras bill! On top of the agreed £5000, plus £3,300 for the inlet, and more (£2000) for the EGR etc.

The extras bill was shocking, it included £140 for fuel used in mapping! Even though the car had half a tank of fuel and the original £5k price should have allowed for mapping and fuel!! Pls £30 for jubilee clips.....surely this was included in the original £5000 price? I think he just used me to bankroll his company and keep him going for a few months!

Stu has seen this bill as I showed him years ago so will vouch that I'm not lying!! Other people have seen it too.

The car never ran right, and would flood from cold and splutter etc.

But the real hassle came a year later when he fitted a GT35 for me, I supplied the turbo and wastegate but he still charged me £1800 to fit it and used 15mm diameter copper plumbing pipe to mount the wastegate...it was too thin and ran too much boost! Blew it to smithereens....I think he fucked the head many times before I had it back and destroyed it myself!! It even did the headgasket on a test drive....which he charged me £600 for!

I think I spent £23,000 on that car in 2003!! And if you allow 2004 as well, probably £26000 in 14 months with EA (less the parts I supplied).....then if you add the £10,000 Harvey charged me after the EA engine went bang, so £36,000 was spent in 18 months! But what Harvey did for me was really special! A very good engine (still perfect in the car now 3 years on!) and was from scratch, because the only thing that was left for Harvey to reuse was the cam cover and sump plug!!! Everything else was obliterated!! Oh and Harveys bill included a fuel system with three fuel pumps, and a swirl pot!! EA sent me away with a near on 600bhp spec car running 8 light blues......with only 1 single Bosch 023 fuel pump in the standard tank!! I could go on but my keyboard will fall apart!!

Copper tubing?? NO FUCKING WAY.......

Are you joking?

Copper tubing? Copper.... The stuff I can melt with a small butane burner? Copper. Same stuff as 1 pences are made from?

Copper... That completely melts at 1034 Degrees Celcius?

And you had that, on a GT35's YB WITH ALS.........

Do you have any pics of what it looked like AFTER you drove it?
Old 01-08-2008, 10:58 PM
xrsi
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by mikesr33gts-t
Right to start things off....

that was my post off another forum. I have sent porkie a message about this behavour about taking my material and content without my permisson.

I stand by what i said about the company, IM NOT HAPPY with them and i wanted to let other people know about experance with them. YES the allan key is REAL and not a FAKE and if anyone disagrees then come to me about it. YES my engine management light comes on when i use full throttle so there is no apprantly about it!! I believe (my opinion) this company is good at the work they do... BUT if we have something to say about them, make sure its FACT not FICTION because it not nice for any company to be slagged off by PEOPLE who have NOT been there and had work done.

Finally, i was offered compo for this MISTAKE and not yet taken them up on there offer (something porkie failed to say). After my compo I, MYSELF will NOT be using them for my CAR as im unhappy with there work standard BUT who's to say they havent learnt from there mistake?

So basically they have told you to go take a running jump ntill the matter is sorted on here and they are no longer brought into even more disripute over shit workmanship on a public forum.... you change what you say so it looks like other people twisted it so they you get a partial refund! they saw you comming!
Old 02-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XRT_si
Ah good ol' EA.
Wouldn't take my car there for a fooking oil change after what Paul did to my car.
When I was building my Zetec Turbo on Omex I rather stupidly decided to go to EA for the base map to be put on. After charging me £350+ and telling me the car wouldn't start as I apparently had the wrong flywheel and they couldn't get a pick up off the CPS.

So changed the flywheel and CPS and after changing the fuel pump wiring they got it started! Another £400 or so later I thought great. Only it wasn't. It had NO cold start map, ran so so rich, and generally drove like shit.

After Paul then told me he could get 330bhp+ out of it (on standard rods) I decided Id use another tuner and took it to Stu.

It was at this point Stu (in disbelief) pointed out the car had a 2.0 N/A base map which can be downloaded from the Omex website for FREE! I was fuming!

Stu also said he couldnt believe a tuner had worked on the car and not noticed the long list of problems inlcluding no temp sensor, map sensor mounting, throttle giving 60% max and loads of other things. Total cowboy tosser could have cost me my engine!

Stu sorted everything out, mapped it perfectly and charged me less than £350.

Thats why my Cossie now goes to Blackpool.

can i just add that it was ME who booked you into MSD, you was down about your car and so i said ill book you into MSD, i also picked you up from turnmills at 5am and took you back to my flat,,,,,, then went with you to MSD and drove you all the way back,,,,,, i was CONSTANTLY telling you to go to MSD for mapping,,,,, cheers for giving me SOME thanks for taking the time to do all that AND drive you there and bacik twice cause you couldnt be bothered as it was too far,,,,,, nothing like appriciation from friends when you help them out is there i guess ????
Old 02-08-2008, 02:18 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

shut up Ginge
Old 02-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by CossieRich
shut up Ginge
what the fuck are you going on about ?

infact who are you to even be take to me cause we aint mates ?
Old 02-08-2008, 02:35 PM
StephTell
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Que Ginge's hardmen/gangster waffle
Old 02-08-2008, 02:41 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

ginge im sure he appreciated it.. friends shouldn't have to show appreciation
Old 02-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by StephTell
Que Ginge's hardmen/gangster waffle

not at all mate, just dont get why someones trying to anoy me who when i LAST met him hes only word was " hows things "

cant see the point in HES reply when i aint said nothing to him,,,,, people do anoy me for other reasons and it dont take alot to anoy me tbh
Old 02-08-2008, 03:10 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

rofl

time of the month is it ginge. Im sure i said more than hows things on the ferry crossing to the ring and at the ring i wont talk to you any more because we arent mates. sorry mate
Old 02-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

think the point i was getting as was you wasnt being a arse like to seem to want to be on here

sure if i was straight to your face then a nob on here then you would also think " whys this guy being a cock to me "

far from time of the month,,, i ignored the LAST THREE POSTS where you seemed to pull a punch behind a screen

im ALWAYS up for having a bit of banter,,, never be any other way but i aint one for being taken for a cunt in any way shape or form which is why i fall out with so many people

you reply on THIS post,,,, why was it as i was talking to a person who i was on the phone to yesturday, the day before and most other days,,,, a person who has done me LOADS of favours and i have done back,,,,,,, a person whos number is actually stored on my mobile AND my desk phone at work

so i THINK the comment,,,,, though i could be wrong but was aimed at a MATE who seems to forget to mention me a few times when ive helped him out,, so just reminding him
Old 02-08-2008, 03:20 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Ginge,

your annoyance at not being appreciated by a MATE is totally irrelevant to this post. thats why i said shut up. What other punches behind your back? go back and sulk a bit more and then take your frustration out on whoever in private
Old 02-08-2008, 03:30 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

easy enough to do specially when you keep getting pulled off it to do another job!
Old 02-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

think the subject of this post is pointless anyway,,,, always gonna be a one sided effort on anything based on names who post

you aint gonna tell me half the people who post on here would EVER repeat there comments to the people there aiming it at do you

as for frustration,,, aint got a clue where your reading as mines ment as a JOKE dig at simon for when he gets back from USC sunday

your reply to me was uncalled for,,,, and STILL dont get why it was posted

you dont like it,, dont read it really OR are you more interested in a post of people slagging off a tuner you have never used

i COULD have replyed " i also used paul hills,,,,, droped a engine and head off to him to fit a head gasket and time the engine and waited 8 weeks for him to fit the head and he charged me 270 quid plus vat for it,,, even though i supplyed the parts and said the extra 150 quid was cause the block face needed cleaning

or that the map that he put on simons car was a base map for a zetec engine with the map sensor setting removed and charged him 150 quid when omex sent me the same map apart from the modded map sensor settings FOC,,,,, but again i think the post has seen enough

your post was a PERSONAL dig at me,,, or was it not ???
Old 02-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by mechanic28
easy enough to do specially when you keep getting pulled off it to do another job!
remind me never to buy a vauxhall :blah:
Old 02-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

jesus whats up with everyone lately? weather getting to people?
Old 02-08-2008, 03:34 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginge !
remind me never to buy a vauxhall :blah:

i have made a few technical hic-ups in my time
Old 02-08-2008, 03:36 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

omg. seriously ginge you read far to much into things. no it wasnt a persoanl dig at you. a personal dig at you would be name calling and saying something about ginger hair i dont do persoanl digs at anyone. your post just seemed a little pointless. see you at ford fair
Old 02-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Bullett
jesus whats up with everyone lately? weather getting to people?

mate seriously theres NOTHING up with me, just ive read 3 posts from rich ALL with attitude at me,, so i replyed to one,,,,, sure you would aswell if the last 3 posts you made had someone who you never had a issue with at all seem to have gained a attitude with you also

why would i be in a bad mood,,, ive been offered 2 job this week AND the directors are planning a meeting to see if they can do anything to keep me working there,,,,, that and also i was at the motorshow yesturday having a laugh with the directors/managers all on the companys money,,,,, if anything the posts from rich have just killed my mood due to me not understanding WHY hes being a cock
Old 02-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

. see you at ford fair

no you wont, i got something else to do

ive said my part,,,,, ill leave it there
Old 02-08-2008, 03:40 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

what because i said dribbling, irrelevant essay's and shut up?

Many people have said far worse to you than that mate.

I apologise if in some way i have upset you

Last edited by CossieRich; 02-08-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

normaly ginge you dont let that bother you. i was meary mentionin it a this post seems to have stems some disagreements between a few people and all the ea stuff has been forgotten
Old 02-08-2008, 03:44 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

I could understand if i had personally insulted Ginge in some way or gone out of my way to be rude but i havent
Old 02-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Many people have said far worse to you than that mate.
whats that go to do with things

so cause a few people seem to want to be cocks on the net means its a free for all and i should be ok about it

shows how little you understand some people,,,,, dont listen to everything you hear about something

pass your own judgement

i dont use the net to argue with people at all,,,, i come on here to pass time,,, currently im looking for a holiday in florida and using the site inbetween,,,, changing pages from apartments to rent then seeing you post is FAR from amusing
Old 02-08-2008, 03:45 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

....just ive read 3 posts from rich ALL with attitude at me
Ginge,

that cunt is the same to me, he makes out he doesnt mean it but he cant help himself to jump on the bandwagon at any opportunity.

Its even worse for you I guess as I know he hates me but seems to be a mate of yours.

I guess its the mixed up thoughts being that he is a second rate madette having less than 500 bhp ... LOL
Old 02-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Bullett
normaly ginge you dont let that bother you. i was meary mentionin it a this post seems to have stems some disagreements between a few people and all the ea stuff has been forgotten
mate it will ALWAYS bother me,, just most people i will never meet so i aint bothered about some nob hiding beind a screen

people who ive met,,, well that DOES offend me and i will reply just like when porkie used to do it

i will have a laugh and a joke with people,,, the same on here and if anyone meets me

its when people act different on here and then they say " hows things " in person that anoys me

ive never liked people who come across two faced
Old 02-08-2008, 03:53 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Ginge,

ive apologised, either accpet it or dont mate. I havent perosnally insulted you so i dont see what your problem is. spouting off about not being aprrecaited by somone who you have helped seemed irrelevant on here. You know the difference between someone being rude to you and someone having a laugh.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor
Ginge,

that cunt is the same to me, he makes out he doesnt mean it but he cant help himself to jump on the bandwagon at any opportunity.

Its even worse for you I guess as I know he hates me but seems to be a mate of yours.

I guess its the mixed up thoughts being that he is a second rate madette having less than 500 bhp ... LOL

simon as far as i know hes not got a issue with me,,,,, hence when i seen the post i wondering WTF

i know alot of people and get along with everyone i can,,,,,, if someone dont like me then fuck off as its no bother to me at all,,,,, infact id RATHER people would be straight

maybe its just me but i HATE trying to be nice to people who i dont like,,,,, theres times when im nice to people who DONT like me and i sence it,,,, i try to see why then when i cant I move on and avoid them

nothing worse than buying someone a beer then finding out they dont wanna stand beside you
Old 02-08-2008, 03:55 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

and simon, i jump on your bandwagon because you are a cunt and like many other on here make sure you are reminded as often as possible.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:05 PM
StephTell

Ginge,

I'd like to say this to you, as a mate.........

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU CUNT!!!
Old 02-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by StephTell
Ginge,

I'd like to say this to you, as a mate.........

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU CUNT!!!
dont bother me in the slightest as i already know i aint EVER gonna remember you if i met you

but i wish i was as brave as you to comment such strong words when sitting on a desk !

seriously do you think that makes you look tough or brave ??

or just a typical sad person on the net getting fresh with someone they never met ?
Old 02-08-2008, 04:12 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Ginge PM
Old 02-08-2008, 04:16 PM
StephTell

LOL I'm just taking the piss Ginge, no reason to get all wound up...

There's no smilies for some reason so *WINK*

btw. why wouldn't you remember me if you met me? Is your memory that bad due to toking? *WINK*

And what makes you think I'm sitting on my desk?
Old 02-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Doby
Banned

calm down lads more in the world to worry about than being hard behind a screen,trust me i am a changed man!
Old 02-08-2008, 05:18 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

oh porkie what have you started
Old 02-08-2008, 06:03 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by aduz
oh porkie what have you started

on passionford?

world war 654,983,468,188 by the sounds of it
Old 02-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

but i wish i was as brave as you to comment such strong words when sitting on a desk !

seriously do you think that makes you look tough or brave ??

or just a typical sad person on the net getting fresh with someone they never met ?
ROFL Fuckinell mate, calm the fuck down

Fight of the gingers!

My money is on Stef, as he a big lanky neo nazi looking fucker (cant find a pic at mo, i do apologise)

And Ginge seems to currently look like the love child of Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards and Everlast from House Of Pain
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/5346/27597473ow4.jpg
Old 02-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Stavros

And Ginge seems to currently look like the love child of Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards and Everlast from House Of Pain

lol now thats a fucked up picture
Old 02-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Stavros
ROFL Fuckinell mate, calm the fuck down

Fight of the gingers!

My money is on Stef, as he a big lanky neo nazi looking fucker (cant find a pic at mo, i do apologise)

I think you have the wrong Ginge.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Haha, you are totally right as well Benni, what a dickhead

Almost identical usernames tho

Steph would still win this imaginary gay fight tho

Quick Reply: Can you guess which tuner did this???