General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 14-07-2008, 07:51 PM
3001paulh
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont you love it when kids just scream and and shout because they dont want to sleep in their own bed!! i did have a mint technique but god knows what went wrong!! driving me insane! and then i got to go to the top of the stairs and see his little face all red from crying and holding his blanket!! he knows how to get to me i tell you!!
Old 14-07-2008, 07:57 PM
focuschivvy
Advanced PassionFord User

my dad used the right jab and left hook technique on me
Old 14-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Mrs T
Super Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

mine little girl is playing up now
Old 14-07-2008, 07:59 PM
3001paulh
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by focuschivvy
my dad used the right jab and left hook technique on me
lol!!
Old 14-07-2008, 08:03 PM
3001paulh
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by ** T **
mine little girl is playing up now
how old is she mate? my boy is 2n half and will not leave our side at the moment. especially bed time!!!
Old 14-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Mrs T
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 3001paulh
how old is she mate? my boy is 2n half and will not leave our side at the moment. especially bed time!!!
15 months
Old 14-07-2008, 08:09 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my little girl is also playing up,wont do as she's told grrrrrr!!!

and she's 14 lol

Last edited by st3v3; 14-07-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Old 14-07-2008, 08:13 PM
3001paulh
Regular Contributor

if he carries on he is going on EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! may p/x for a set of hockey sticks!!
Old 14-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Mrs T
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rob V
You aint got the terrible two's allready have you Teresa!
yep they have started early the little paddys and the back going to throw herself down
Old 14-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

hopefully you don't give in or you're fucked...
Old 14-07-2008, 09:52 PM
feverkane
PassionFord Post Whore!!

lol i dont have any but i work as a nursery nurse and they always like to play up when its sleep time, i find using a firm tone of voice helps and keep persisting to get them eventually to go to sleep. sounds more easier said than done. one of my best friends kid has the terrible two, she puts him down for a sleep, and checks every 15 mins whilst lying them back down to they eventually go off. harder said than done whilst trying not to lose ur temper.
Old 14-07-2008, 10:04 PM
3001paulh
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by feverkane
lol i dont have any but i work as a nursery nurse and they always like to play up when its sleep time, i find using a firm tone of voice helps and keep persisting to get them eventually to go to sleep. sounds more easier said than done. one of my best friends kid has the terrible two, she puts him down for a sleep, and checks every 15 mins whilst lying them back down to they eventually go off. harder said than done whilst trying not to lose ur temper.
like i said i did have him sorted and i dont know whats gone wrong but its time to sort him out again i think!! its really really hard at like 3.30am and he wakes up and starts crying to come in. which i didnt mind beacuse i just wanted him to learn that he goes to sleep in his bed and not mine. but if he wakes at 12am its hard to do the putting back to bed thing so its time for bags under the eyes time!!! great!!!!!!!!!!
Old 14-07-2008, 11:36 PM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

My daughter won't sleep in her own bed alone..... the hardest bit is trying to stay awake long enough to let her fall asleep and then get out.

Try to put her to bed without getting in..... and the whole terrace hears her......
Old 14-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Under the stairs cupboard, job jobbed, and next time they will be so greatful of a proper bed they wont moan
Old 14-07-2008, 11:42 PM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

Originally Posted by Chip
Under the stairs cupboard, job jobbed, and next time they will be so greatful of a proper bed they wont moan
Good move, I could listen to her.... on her back booting the hell out of the door!!! And so would all the neighbours!!!

Really, though, it aint fully when you can't get a child to bed..... at the moment, mine's sat behind me on the settee, she's managed to get out of her bed without her dad hearing her..... he's still in her bed... fast asleep...
Old 14-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Mr.T
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is 9 months old now so i still have a pretty good live i think
Old 15-07-2008, 12:33 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I can imagine it's hard not giving in when he has his blanket etc looking all cute.

Damm kids.
Old 15-07-2008, 06:03 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

junior is coming up to 2 and a half now and when we tried to get him to slep in the cot he screamed so much he made himself sick

the puke smell meant he couldn't sleep in that room, shit, i had to strip the cot down to get rid of the smell and we had to buy another blanket for it

so now he sleeps with us of a night, but if he nods off he's constantly searching for an arm to grab on to throughout the night, and if he doens't find one, he'll just keep moving about until he does

we tried to put him far away on the other side of the bed and i slept downstairs, but come the morning, the wife was dangling off teh side of the bed and he was scrunched up next o her

when number 2 appears at any moment i can imagine what the scenes are going to be like as he has to share his bed with no one else, but e's so cute and cuddly i'm not sure i should put myself through it
Old 15-07-2008, 07:52 AM
TemptRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

lol zara tried that for a week, she'd go to bed and then it'd be "i wanna go in your bed" and i though oh nooooo lol so i'd explain she cant as she's a big girl and she has her own etc, so she'd creep in and i'd wake up and she'd be there! without me knowing lol! but now i've mastered it, i have a stair gate, and i tell her if she gets in my bed i will shut the stair gate, and if she stays in her bed all night and in her room in the morning till mummy gets up then i will leave it open.

i nearly died when i woke at 9am to find her happily playing with her toys pmsl!!
Old 15-07-2008, 08:03 AM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

It's hard as hell mate, but you really have to bite the bullet and let them cry themselves to sleep... We had it with both our kids, and found all we could do is make sure they felt all snuggly before bed, spend some quality time with them, then take them up, they cry, you go back in lay them down kiss them, tell them good night then walk out close the door, wait for 5 mins, do the same again, then wait 10 mins, then do the same and keep adding 5 mins to the wait time. I dont theink we ever got as far as 30 mins before they where asleep, and with both our kids it was over in a matter of weeks, I think if they realise it's not gonna happen, then eventually they give up.

Good luck buddy... Dont let em win, it will get better.
Old 15-07-2008, 08:03 AM
dojj

total oppositte sometimes for junior

we've removed the stair gate for a few months now and he'll go "missing" from our bed of a morning

at first we were like "oh shit! where's he gone!!!!" but now we first check the toilet to see if he's not flooded the place as he can reach the taps and then downstairs as all his toys are there

he's able to turn the telly on and has also been known to be sitting there at 5 in the morning watching something on sky sometimes with the ps3 controler in his hand
Old 15-07-2008, 07:38 PM
3001paulh
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by dojj
total oppositte sometimes for junior

we've removed the stair gate for a few months now and he'll go "missing" from our bed of a morning

at first we were like "oh shit! where's he gone!!!!" but now we first check the toilet to see if he's not flooded the place as he can reach the taps and then downstairs as all his toys are there

he's able to turn the telly on and has also been known to be sitting there at 5 in the morning watching something on sky sometimes with the ps3 controler in his hand
mate that is so funny!!!!
Old 15-07-2008, 07:58 PM
bamcossi
Regular Contributor

my boy is 4 and still wont sleep all night we found him downstairs with recliner out cup of milk and armed with treats at 3am, last week my wife was so pleased he had gone to sleep she went to check on him and talk about panick he wasnt there .we looked in all the other rooms ,downstairs in his wardrobe it was getting very scary then i found the little sod hid under his bed and even pulled the drawers backin so looked like nothing out of place by this time wifey was nearly crying people say it gets better as they get older love to no when this is.
Old 15-07-2008, 08:17 PM
arch
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Blimey, seems I got lucky with my two. He is four and has slept really well since he was six months, she is nearly three and apart from a difficult few weeks a year or so ago sleeps as well as him.

Both go to bed after bath/milk etc, then a story and lights off at around 7:15pm. We see em again around 6-6:30 next day.

Me lad had his tonsils out/adenoids(sp) and grommets put in on Saturday, this is the worst he has slept, he actually woke last night asking for a drink of water!
Old 15-07-2008, 08:35 PM
3001paulh
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by arch
Blimey, seems I got lucky with my two. He is four and has slept really well since he was six months, she is nearly three and apart from a difficult few weeks a year or so ago sleeps as well as him.

Both go to bed after bath/milk etc, then a story and lights off at around 7:15pm. We see em again around 6-6:30 next day.

Me lad had his tonsils out/adenoids(sp) and grommets put in on Saturday, this is the worst he has slept, he actually woke last night asking for a drink of water!
oh my god mate you got it tough!! you are living the dream mate!!!!!lol
Old 15-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

My lad is a teenager in October, and things dont get any easier
Old 15-07-2008, 09:13 PM
dojj

at toddler age, it's all worth it o see the smile on their faces when they are happy

even when he's naughty he's got such a cute little smile

things will get different when he actually figures out that he's being naughty and meaning it rather than foolishing about