General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Interesting problem (passports)

Search this Thread

Old 24-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Interesting problem (passports)

One of my mates split up with his wife a few years ago and things a bit messy between them.

He was paying her maintenance for the kids which was about £200 a month more than she was entitled to and the money wasn't being spent on the kids but she was always in new clothes, hair done etc. He decided to work out what he should be paying legally and has cut the amount he gives her and keeps the rest back for clothing his kids when he sees them.

This is where it now gets complicated. He wants to take his boys on holiday in the summer because she never takes them away (always goes away and leaves the boys with him) and she's now told him he can't have their passports until he pays her the rest of "her" money

In that situation what can you do?
Old 24-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not a lot other than him claim for new passports saying the old ones have been " lost "

which would mean she cant use them if she decides to take them away as they are no longer valid.

Only way around it afaik
Old 24-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

To get new passports he would need their birth certificates though and she won't release those either.

Surely it can't be legal to blackmail him like this?
Old 24-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Nothing better than advice straight from the horses mouth!

http://www.ips.gov.uk/passport/contact-general.asp

Tim
Old 24-06-2008, 01:41 PM
alan12112
Focus St mk2 310 bhp :D

it's not legal and if he is paying her enough money (in the eyes of the law) whats her problem?

Get a solicitor involved and get all the extra money he has given her back off the bitch!

Whats the agreement with the kids? Is he allowed to see them once a week or something?
Old 24-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Sunil_FiestaRS1800
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by Pasty Palmer
To get new passports he would need their birth certificates though and she won't release those either.

Dont need birth certificates. I didnt when i got my passport renewed a month ago so would of thought it would be the same for a replacement
Old 24-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by alan12112
it's not legal and if he is paying her enough money (in the eyes of the law) whats her problem?

Get a solicitor involved and get all the extra money he has given her back off the bitch!

Whats the agreement with the kids? Is he allowed to see them once a week or something?
100% legal and he still pays her more than the minimum he is allowed to pay her. The problem is that he's not subsidising her lifestyle anymore. When they split he let her have the house but she squandered the equity and sat on her arse instead of working.

He has the kids one night per week and every other weekend.

Thanks for the link, I'll pass it on.

Trending Topics

Old 24-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Sunil_FiestaRS1800
Dont need birth certificates. I didnt when i got my passport renewed a month ago so would of thought it would be the same for a replacement
Wasn't that because it was a renewal though? In this case he would have to apply for new ones but I'd guess they would have to go to the ex's address anyway.
Old 24-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take them away in his hand luggage
Old 24-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

LMAO I think they might be a bit big for that

I should also mention that this nice person stopped his parents from seeing them when they were over from Portugal recently They don't come over often so the kids were stopped from seeing their Grandparents and likewise Luckily they were still in the country the following weekend when he had the kids but had to travel back down south to see them.

Last edited by Paulo P; 24-06-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 24-06-2008, 02:04 PM
alan12112
Focus St mk2 310 bhp :D

100% legal and he still pays her more than the minimum he is allowed to pay her. The problem is that he's not subsidising her lifestyle anymore. When they split he let her have the house but she squandered the equity and sat on her arse instead of working.

He has the kids one night per week and every other weekend.

Thanks for the link, I'll pass it on.
Blackmail is not legal mate no way and that was what I was saying is not legal
Old 24-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Nash_mr2
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

In that situation what can you do?
slap the b!tch and strangle her till she turns blue, then when she's just about to pass out, let her go...then when she comes back round, Slap her again and then strangle here again......repeat the process untill te desired items are aquired.
Old 24-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I know it's not legal but are the Police likely to get involved? At the moment the only way she will hand over the passports is if he gives her "her money"
Old 24-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Nash_mr2

I know it's not legal but are the Police likely to get involved? At the moment the only way she will hand over the passports is if he gives her "her money"
take a dicta phone or a hidden cam, and get him to actually record her saying the words "i'll give you the passports if you give me XXX ammount of money" - thats extortion and it's illegal

if he is currently paying her a set ammount of money, determined by a court of law, she cannot, without legal backing, demand more money at will.

if he can get a recording, this would give him a great case to put forward to receive better custody of the boys.
Old 24-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

phone trisha or Jeremy kyle
Old 24-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Nash_mr2

Originally Posted by Mitsy FQ

jeremy kyle LOL

"ure a bad father....get the faaackkkk ooffff my show!..........i'm jeremy kyle"
Old 24-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

ah yes, he will.

She sounds like a right cow
Old 24-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Nash_mr2

it's extortion....not blackmail

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/extortion

2. Law. the crime of obtaining money or some other thing of value by the abuse of one's office or authority

Last edited by Nash_mr2; 24-06-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old 24-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Nash_mr2
take a dicta phone or a hidden cam, and get him to actually record her saying the words "i'll give you the passports if you give me XXX ammount of money" - thats extortion and it's illegal

if he is currently paying her a set ammount of money, determined by a court of law, she cannot, without legal backing, demand more money at will.

if he can get a recording, this would give him a great case to put forward to receive better custody of the boys.
I gather that most of their communications are done by text or phone so that could be handy. When she discovered that he'd dropped the payment amounts he had 34 missed calls from her in his lunchbreak
Old 24-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

she sounds like a proper bitch, i would be tempted to drag her through the courts to see if he could get anywhere, as surely at least then she cant have him over a barrel like she has at the minute
Old 24-06-2008, 02:52 PM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitsy FQ

Hope your mate gets it sorted!
Old 24-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Nash_mr2

I gather that most of their communications are done by text or phone so that could be handy. When she discovered that he'd dropped the payment amounts he had 34 missed calls from her in his lunchbreak
i'd make copies of the TXT's and i'd record the calls - she wouldnt expect that at all - she doesnt care, all she wants is the money.

he's definately got a case for the CSA if he can get evidence of her demanding money
Old 24-06-2008, 03:00 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

She's not a nice person by all accounts. I've never met her but I have heard from people that have.

I think the best way to resolve this is to go through the courts and she was threatening that but I don't think that will happen before he is due to take the kids on holiday. I can't believe a Mother can treat her kids like that It is not like he is an irresponsible father either, I could understand that. This is all about the money.

By the way forgot to mention the reason he started looking into the payment amounts was because she repeatedly threatened him that if he didn't pay more, pick the kids up & drop them off etc and meet her demands he wouldn't ever see them It's when he looked into it and what his kids were dressed in that he decided to take some action and he is still paying her more than he is legally entitled to give her.
Old 24-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Smiggy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Take them to Skegness.
Old 24-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Nash_mr2

Originally Posted by Smiggy
Take them to Skegness.
thats a sure fire way to make a child never want to see either parent ever again...

take them to Pria de Luz..........
Old 24-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

lol. The flights are already booked for the holiday
Old 24-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Nash_mr2

how old are the kids?, why doesnt he say to them "this is what a passport looks like *show passport*, you know where mummy keeps them dont you?.......well if you go find them, daddy will take u on holiday"
Old 24-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i fucking hate women that do stuff like this!
Old 24-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

i dont understand how someone could be so spiteful towards their kids by depriving them of time with their father, she doesnt deserve them with an attitude like that
Old 24-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Mrs T
Super Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i would maybe start taking legal action on her to let her know he is not going be messed around anymore
Old 24-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by ** T **
i would maybe start taking legal action on her to let her know he is not going be messed around anymore

that'd take a while though i imagine. might not help on this occasion but could do in the future.
Old 24-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Smiggy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

No so good. Got a mate going through a similar situation. She drops the kids off regular at his at the drop of a hat so she can go out on the piss with her pals. Gives him no notice. Even if he's already got plans he cancels to look after them as he just wants as much time as possible with them. Yet when he asked to take them away for a long weekend she dragged her heels and made things impossible for him. Then to rub salt in the wounds, the weekend that he had planned to take them away she turned up on the friday night dropped the kids off, said she'd pick them up in the morning and never appeared until the sunday night. No phonecall/text nothing. My mate and the kids were tied to the house the whole weekend as they couldn't get a hold of her and were scared to leave as she'd kick off if they weren't there when she arrived. He could of had them away the weekend.

He was paying her extra money as well, but he's stopped now.
Old 24-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The kids are 5 & 8 I don't get how anyone can treat their kids like this over money

That would be so funny and a big fuck you if the kids did find the passports She would have nothing to use then.
Old 24-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Markb_s1
that'd take a while though i imagine. might not help on this occasion but could do in the future.
It will happen and it will help out in the long run but they are going away at the end of August so time isn't on his side now.
Old 24-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Smiggy
No so good. Got a mate going through a similar situation. She drops the kids off regular at his at the drop of a hat so she can go out on the piss with her pals. Gives him no notice. Even if he's already got plans he cancels to look after them as he just wants as much time as possible with them. Yet when he asked to take them away for a long weekend she dragged her heels and made things impossible for him. Then to rub salt in the wounds, the weekend that he had planned to take them away she turned up on the friday night dropped the kids off, said she'd pick them up in the morning and never appeared until the sunday night. No phonecall/text nothing. My mate and the kids were tied to the house the whole weekend as they couldn't get a hold of her and were scared to leave as she'd kick off if they weren't there when she arrived. He could of had them away the weekend.

He was paying her extra money as well, but he's stopped now.
That sounds very similar, I wonder if she has a sister down south
Old 24-06-2008, 08:10 PM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

I'd try and encourage the kids to find them while their mother isn't watching them!! If they know there is a holiday in it, they will find them if they have to. Kids won't care if they benefit..
Old 24-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Billabong
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by DazC
I'd try and encourage the kids to find them while their mother isn't watching them!! If they know there is a holiday in it, they will find them if they have to. Kids won't care if they benefit..

But then she'll probably say he's absconded with the kids....
Old 24-06-2008, 08:54 PM
markk
10K+ Poster!!

Received 104 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Billabong
But then she'll probably say he's absconded with the kids....

this happened to a friend of mine/my wifes. got permission of his childs mother to bring his son to mauritius with us when we got married for two weeks, flights where late on the way back by 8 hours so she called the police to say he had run off with him - fookin bitch.
Old 24-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know its hard but theres fuck all REALLY you can do, its not fair on the kids but they WILL know the truth in the future

hes gonna have to loose the holiday and just wait till there old enough, tell him to put a bit away "hidden" then when he can tell her hes taking them to somewhere in europe but take them to australia,,,, women are proper cunts when they have kids im afraid,,,,, its the ONLY way they can fight

LOADS of guys go through this, my mate had to get back with hes missus to see hes fucking kid belive it or not,,,,,, that was HER rules too even though SHE threw him out on to the street,,,, she discovered life is hard without money

tell him to get on with it best as he can and NEVER slag there mum off infront of them,,,, when they are older they will SEE the truth,,, NEVER lie to your kids then you never have to explain yourself

sorry to hear this though
Old 24-06-2008, 09:43 PM
indycos
helooooo!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

give her a fuckin slap sounds like she really does deserve it. equal rights and all that

Quick Reply: Interesting problem (passports)