General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

panic over Darling has it sussed we can all sleep at night now

Search this Thread

Old 20-06-2008, 01:32 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

end the welfare state payments to everyone and let them apply for them again

soon sort out who's who and who's real
Old 20-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've just got a 3.9% payrise plus a lump of £500. And tbh my job has got a lot harder this past year.. So i damn well wanted a payrise!

The union rejected at first. But then balloted the members and got in by 2 votes! (377 in total voted)
Old 20-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

And before everyone jumps on the bandwagon my company (PPG) have just anounced record profits up 32% from last year! With the refinish business (me) being a major factor in these results. So really these cunts getting even richer, faster!
Old 20-06-2008, 03:42 PM
nigel b
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

inflation is based on over 650 items to get the average
it doesnt include house prices
things it can include are laptops,tv's,food etc..
its so each country can compare the inflation to each other
Old 20-06-2008, 03:47 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by GTechR
Never ever thought i'd say it, but the sooner the tories get in the better for me, get brown and his idiots out...
Ditto m8.
Old 20-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Fuels gone up, Foods gone up. Its costing us more in that department, but i fail to see where else everyone is finding it hard? What else is happening?

What will the Tories do differently? Im very entrigued!
Old 20-06-2008, 05:43 PM
AndyBrew
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazing how we are in such a mess unyet we can still find billions of pounds to fund wars that have fuck all to do with us

and to a degree I agree with Lee, Labour, Tory, Lib Dem they are all the same bunch of corrupt, pocket lining, talentless pen pushers and I doubt much would change.
Old 20-06-2008, 05:48 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
end the welfare state payments to everyone and let them apply for them again

soon sort out who's who and who's real

That's you fuckered then

Luciano
Old 20-06-2008, 05:53 PM
FastFordChris

fact is, theres no quick fix for all this, theres only longterm actions that can be put into place and hope people can hang in there, yes the govenment can and should! lower and cap tax rates seing as thats what they should of done in the first place!
tax and save while everythings good, lower taxes and spend what was saved while times are hard.

labour wont survive the next election, i think everyone knows this by now just by looking at the past few local elections. but this isn't a case of searching for a party that will save this country, its the people sending a message to the goons that run this country, that if they don't do there jobs right they'll get the boot!

the tories have already said they can't fix whats happend over night, if they get in power taxes wont come tumbling down like everyone is hoping.
Old 20-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Stu.750
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

I think people are struggling with the overspending thats gone on the last few year , buying houses, taking loands and putting things on the never never that they couldnt afford. now with the basic essentials going up in price there is less and less spare to cover the repayments.

time for people to tighten their belts and spend wisely until the massive debts tht have been run up are cleared and everyones in a better position
Old 20-06-2008, 09:08 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by charlie luciano
That's you fuckered then

Luciano
probably, as i'd be out of a job
Old 20-06-2008, 10:05 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

recession any one, cos its looming.
Old 20-06-2008, 10:17 PM
as355f1
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Stu.750
I think people are struggling with the overspending thats gone on the last few year , buying houses, taking loands and putting things on the never never that they couldnt afford. now with the basic essentials going up in price there is less and less spare to cover the repayments.

time for people to tighten their belts and spend wisely until the massive debts tht have been run up are cleared and everyones in a better position
Nail on the head !
Old 21-06-2008, 08:55 AM
FULLBORE

i personally feel the whole countrys system needs to be taken apart and started again. I would also add to the list of moving abroad if i didnt have ties in this country. Its getting to the point where they've run out of ideas on what to tax us on.........so their taxing us on our tax lol.
Everything is a complete shambles in this country...the imigration,the nhs,the way our tax money is spent,the legal system infact, try and find something that is good in this country.There are a few changes that could instantly change this country.

Harsher sentences for criminals (i.e death penalty)
Imigrants are instantly chucked out
Scrap nhs so that you have to have health insurance(like the states)this way our tax wouldnt get used up by spongers and would stop it being used by "new british citizens" shall we say.
Spend taxes in a better way FOR THE COUNTRY,not on the people who run it

As meantioned above,all the governments care about is there own pockets.All they do is stab eachother in the back to get where they want to be....ON TOP! I didnt agree with blair,and when he was on top You had brown slagging him off for everything,but brown is even worse!,atleast you heard what blair had to say!lol It will take more than 4 years to sort out this country,and its on breaking point.
unless something very major is done,quickly it will be too late.
ive said my bit ,and now i just feel wound up thinking bout this. i hate this country,and to thinkg of how bad itsbecome in the last 10 years,scares me to imagine what i will be like in 10 years to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21-06-2008, 08:55 AM
dojj

but who's fault is it that money has been so easy to get?

and now the banks are putting up their intrest rates and are fucking us over, it's the same as your docrot giving you loads and loads of fatty meals and then saying "sorry mate, you are going to die in 2 years because you are to fat"
Old 21-06-2008, 09:06 AM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by a.k.a
I found it amusing that the governor of the Bank of England thinks that by just saying no pay increases, people will just say ok no problem.
The problem being a lot of people have been waiting a long time for wage rises.

Luckily, at our work we all got MASSIVE pay rises last year (I got about £4K) because of a long running pay review (4-5 years) with Unison. Think they went a bit OTT in the end, but I'm not complaining.
Old 21-06-2008, 09:16 AM
FULLBORE

but who's fault is it that money has been so easy to get?

and now the banks are putting up their intrest rates and are fucking us over, it's the same as your docrot giving you loads and loads of fatty meals and then saying "sorry mate, you are going to die in 2 years because you are to fat"

the banks do it on purpose,they make money out of the poor.They give them the loans knowing the people wont be able to pay them back,then the chuck charges on here and there for missed payments etc etc,and make more money.Agian,they dont car about there country,just their pockets.Their on a win win situation.
Old 21-06-2008, 09:56 AM
alistairolsen

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cozmeister
Indeed - I hope the numbskulls that voted for them are suffering the most, and they'd best not be whinging about it.
quite the opposite, if youre in jail, or dont pay tax cos you dont hve a job, or are on significant benefits then youre bob on with the lbour government, nd I reckon that covers a broad sweep of labour voters in this country!
Old 21-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I love the way that people think that the government should be able to wave a magic wand and change world economic trends
Old 21-06-2008, 10:01 AM
alistairolsen

Originally Posted by FULLBORE
the banks do it on purpose,they make money out of the poor.They give them the loans knowing the people wont be able to pay them back,then the chuck charges on here and there for missed payments etc etc,and make more money.Agian,they dont car about there country,just their pockets.Their on a win win situation.
LMAO, its exactly the same as Dojjs exampleabout fatty food, you are educated that debt is bad and needs carefull management, just like fatty food in your diet! Its YOUR responsibility to borrow responsibly, borrow not what you can afford now, but only what you can afford with an increase in interestrates and living costs. People went far too far with borrowing everything they could and now theyre getting fucked!

You cant blame it on the banks tho tbh, just need people with some common sense!
Old 21-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Rolls
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by FULLBORE

FMPSL! - just because money was cheap a couple of years ago doesn't mean that you HAVE to go an get out a loan. People KNOW the risks when they get a loan, interest rates go up, as well as go down, and this needs to be accounted for by anyone who is in the least bit sensible when considering things like getting a loan out for a car / mortgage etc...
What people don't seem to understand is how fine a line the government has to tread between attempting to curb inflation whilst still allowing the economy to grow...
Completely agree with what Pon said....Everyone wants to jump on teh band wagon and moan, but do not understand the fundementals of economic theory that need to be considered...
Old 21-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Rolls
PassionFord Post Troll

Balls - beaten to it by Chip and alistairolsen
Old 21-06-2008, 10:04 AM
saffsta

Originally Posted by percybigun
no way will these get voted back in!
Should never have been voted in in the first place!
Old 21-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Sorry but for people who dont relise, but the government do not control the interest rates. The Bank of England actually control them, and their main focus is on inflation and also has been from day one!

Yes its going to hurt if it goes up, it totally sucks i want to get a freakin house but cant until everything settles. However the biggest economy killer is inflation! so lets sort it.

I agree about comments on not saving in the good times etc and yes ou can blame govt for that.

Also with the EU they have given a warning, we are no where near as bad the Germans, French and Italians have been for example. SO to put it into perspective.
Old 21-06-2008, 11:21 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by alistairolsen
LMAO, its exactly the same as Dojjs exampleabout fatty food, you are educated that debt is bad and needs carefull management, just like fatty food in your diet! Its YOUR responsibility to borrow responsibly, borrow not what you can afford now, but only what you can afford with an increase in interestrates and living costs. People went far too far with borrowing everything they could and now theyre getting fucked!

You cant blame it on the banks tho tbh, just need people with some common sense!
way back when chip explained the score a few weeks ago:

the banks make more money by giving sub prime loans

so effectivly they incentivice bad cretitors/debtors to take out loans when no one in their right mind will touch them
then, when they default and end up oweing the banks lots of money, the banks raise the intrest rates for every other fucker to make up for the banks being greedy cunts

so explain to me how this makes the banks not guilty?

please
Old 21-06-2008, 11:26 AM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

please
Because they don't use mind control to force people to do it.
Like adverts for junk food aren't to blame for fat people, fat people are to blame for being weak, or led, etc.

Never anyones fault, always some other fucker.
No one will take responsibility for their own actions anymore, is sad as fuck.
Old 21-06-2008, 11:39 AM
dojj

they are legalised drug dealers, pedleing money to solve all your problems and not telling you that, when the shit hits the fan, you are going to be fucked, your family is going to be fucked, your house is going to get repossesed, along with your car, and all your belongings, and you'll be homless on the street figuing out who to make crack cocaine from dog shit so that you can afford to get "money" again
Old 21-06-2008, 11:40 AM
dojj

the arabs have got one thing straight, don't charge intrest as it's imorral to earn money from money
Old 21-06-2008, 11:43 AM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

the arabs have got one thing straight, don't charge intrest as it's imorral to earn money from money

Bit of double standards then as im sure the arab banks dont offer interest free money lol.
Old 21-06-2008, 11:44 AM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

they are legalised drug dealers, pedleing money to solve all your problems and not telling you that, when the shit hits the fan, you are going to be fucked, your family is going to be fucked, your house is going to get repossesed, along with your car, and all your belongings, and you'll be homless on the street figuing out who to make crack cocaine from dog shit so that you can afford to get "money" again
Their fault for not telling you?

Ignorance is bliss huh, exactly my point.
Bliss until all of what you've just described happens, then you wish you weren't so fucking ignorant.
Old 21-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Whilst in principle I agree with what has been said here generally, does anyone actually understand what inflation is and how it works ? Seems to be alot here who don't...............
Old 21-06-2008, 11:45 AM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Don't they chop hands off too?
Way to go you guys, how do I apply to live there?
Old 21-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Sadly though, you cant actually run a bank and not make money, unless the staff work for free, so you just have to charge "fees" instead of interest and it still costs the same anyway.
Old 21-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Sadly though, you cant actually run a bank and not make money, unless the staff work for free, so you just have to charge "fees" instead of interest and it still costs the same anyway.
Long and short of it is the interest is added to the capital and you repay the total amount 'interest free' as there is no interest shown.
Old 21-06-2008, 12:02 PM
alistairolsen

way back when chip explained the score a few weeks ago:

the banks make more money by giving sub prime loans

so effectivly they incentivice bad cretitors/debtors to take out loans when no one in their right mind will touch them
then, when they default and end up oweing the banks lots of money, the banks raise the intrest rates for every other fucker to make up for the banks being greedy cunts

please
who makes the final decision to take the loan, or to tke drugs, or to eat fatty foods? People dont get fat cos macdonalds make them eat food, they get fatcos they dont have enough self control to not eat it, same with loans. Some of their sales techniques border on imoral I agree, but you cant lay the blame at the banks door, people need to learn to research things and make informed decisions.

Sadly the people who dont do enough research to figure out if they can afford the loan are in many cases also those who voted the cunts in in the first place :P
Old 21-06-2008, 12:08 PM
dojj

the point i am trying t make is that if the banks have made it so easy for everyone to have lots of money by giving it away for virtually nothing to pay back over a longer period of time, they should not then have the cheek to say "we made a mistake and gave away a lot of our money to peole who didn't pay it back, so youlot who are not a bad risk will have to stump up more for our own greedy/incompetance"

businesses make money and profits and sales and all sorts of stuff, but you don't see them going to the government cap in hand say ing "help please" and getting a whopping big chuink of money do you?
Old 21-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

the point i am trying t make is that if the banks have made it so easy for everyone to have lots of money by giving it away for virtually nothing to pay back over a longer period of time, they should not then have the cheek to say "we made a mistake and gave away a lot of our money to peole who didn't pay it back, so youlot who are not a bad risk will have to stump up more for our own greedy/incompetance"

businesses make money and profits and sales and all sorts of stuff, but you don't see them going to the government cap in hand say ing "help please" and getting a whopping big chuink of money do you?

its got fuck all to do with the people NOT paying back loans !

its to do with people NOT being able to borrow MORE money and pay it back so they wont GROW as they have over the last few years, raise the interest and they they make more money but wont have to loan more cash if that makes sence,,,,, when people just pay off the loans and wont reborrow then they will drop in " sales "

i was in debt years ago, i had to work my way out of it and now i wont get a loan UNLESS i need it,,,,, more people are getting like me now hence they need to adjust there charges to make it up

we need to spend money to keep the country going,,,,, but we are now being forced where we spend our money these days i find then just like supermarkets where the cheepest back in the days,, these days they aint much cheeper than smaller person,,, hell tescos sell mangos for 99p each,,,,, you can buy 4 for a quid on a market these days and milk in my local tescos is MORE than my local corner shop too these days,,,, we need to WATCH what where spending to realise that the big boys are ripping us off again cause we no longer know what the price of 6 eggs is or what a pint of milk costs
Old 21-06-2008, 06:12 PM
FastFordChris

how much is a pint of milk lol

fact is its the banks job to control interest rates to keep the economy going, its the govenments job to help support the people they work for by adjusting tax rates to help ease the burden of inflation.

an example was a women on tv the other night, worked full time had two kids, just recently got divorced and was just managing to cover the bills until they went up, now shes having to face moving into a friends house to help lower her outgoing bills.

now surely its in the best interest of the govenment that someone like her should be able to afford to pay her morgage and outgoing bills rather then having to let the house get reposessed and moving into a council house while having everything paid for by the state because she lost her job.
Old 21-06-2008, 06:42 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

i went out to Reading this afternoon and it was jam packed with shoppers - i didn't see any evidence on the high street of anyone struggling
Old 21-06-2008, 06:58 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I am so glad l am out of all this ......

Never been in it and dont plan on it

Fortunately my income is very much protected against this type of thing,

Mike

Quick Reply: panic over Darling has it sussed we can all sleep at night now