General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Camber adjustment on top mount plate ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Mad Matt
Rally nut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber adjustment on top mount plate ?

Was wondering is camber adjustment was possible on a top mounting plate. I know it is, but I won't be able to use track control arm, so is it good to only adjust camber on top ? I have this ready to put on (come from Suhe Motorsport) :

As you can see the the arm is quite modified to take the other one, so won't change it for a track control arm, but I need to adjust camber.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:05 PM
SillyFezzaMk1
Rubber Rhino Crew

That setup looks weird to me mate, does it run the std arb??

And to answer your question; yes its adjustable, but not as much as with an adj tca.

Cheers
Dan
Old 10-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Mad Matt
Rally nut

Yes it is what I was afraid of : not a big margin. Yes, the most interesting point is that it keeps the antiroll bar. With a black paint job on them it will have a "factory look" and I won't be annoyed by Swiss stupid technical control guys.

For those who have the top mount plate, what is the adjustment range ?
Old 10-06-2008, 08:37 PM
SillyFezzaMk1
Rubber Rhino Crew

Well if it retains the std anti-rollbar what benefit at all do the extra tie bars give?

I just can't get my head round the design and what it's meant to do; normally people bin the arb (or go for a prop linked one) and have adjustable tcas and compression struts.

The pic just looks like it'd be doubling up on what the rollbar already does...only single thing I can think of is that it only has 1 rubber bush to deal with; rosejointed one end might help keep things stiffer??

I hope you have the answer as to what that kit does.

Dan

P.S. And to answer your question your going to need to know how much off centre your top mounts are. Once you have this measurement you'll need the distance (at ride height) between ball joint and strut top )or centre of bearing in your concentric mounts.

then you have length of 2 sides of a triangle...get your scientific calculator out and work the angle out (buggered if I can remember how) using trigonometry....which will give you an angle this angle might be 2 degrees for example, meaning you have 4 degrees of adjustment (2 either side of std camber pos).

I hope that made sense...if not i'll try to explain with diagrams tomorrow @ work.

Dan