General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Aren't PARCELFORCE just fantasic!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 05:48 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Thumbs up Aren't PARCELFORCE just fantasic!!!!!!

Sold an item on Ebay and so booked them online to pick it up and deliver it to the buyer and selected a slot where by they would get it before 2:30pm, anyway as they hadn't got it by 5pm i called them only to be told that the driver had put on his form "not delivered" but no reason why. I told them that's because he hadn't bothered at all and so we booked for a day next week but get this the chap on the phone says "can you ring at 10:00am just to make sure we take it".

Talk about taking the piss, i pay money and have to do their job for them? Only used them once before which went smoothly so not a good success ratio is it.

Anyone else had any shit with them or other couriers?
Old 07-06-2008, 05:49 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there were a couple of threads on ffoc this week about ParcelFarce due to their general fuckety attitude to customers and losing/breaking things
Old 07-06-2008, 05:51 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

theyre not named parcel farce for nothing. they "lost" a custom built alloy fuel cell that i had built.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:59 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

I sold summat last week, the guy booked collection and said they'll be there between 1pm and 3pm.....he rolls up at 5pm!!!

not a problem as i was in anyway, but it would have been a right ball ache had i needed to go out! they are shite!
Old 07-06-2008, 06:00 PM
M4tty
PassionFord Regular

ACS (think thats what there called my google isnt working lol) managed to loose my gearbox so rang them up with reference number, they said my number didnt exist ( but it did it was on the website as "delivered" lol yeh right!! then rang them up with th same nmber and it worked!!! but they still couldnt find it they then said they would search there webite and asked the driver who "delivered" it but he dont know what has gone on!!!
Old 07-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

they are all useless, shit companys, that lie to get your money.

Got a recorded letter on thursday, was on my door mat inside my house!, the tracking number says still not delivered! Tho the signed for stickers have been removed?
Old 07-06-2008, 06:23 PM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by skeg
Sold an item on Ebay and so booked them online to pick it up and deliver it to the buyer and selected a slot where by they would get it before 2:30pm, anyway as they hadn't got it by 5pm i called them only to be told that the driver had put on his form "not delivered" but no reason why. I told them that's because he hadn't bothered at all and so we booked for a day next week but get this the chap on the phone says "can you ring at 10:00am just to make sure we take it".

Talk about taking the piss, i pay money and have to do their job for them? Only used them once before which went smoothly so not a good success ratio is it.

Anyone else had any shit with them or other couriers?
unless you or the guy paid extra for the time slot 2:30pm which is a bit odd it would be down to deliver as a next day which is any time between 8 am and 18:00 pm imo....

im not sticking up for them in any way and they have got a bad reputation for doing this, try usin companys with self employed drivers mate or pay a bit more for a decent company, cheapest aint all ways the best for this reason.

Andy
Old 07-06-2008, 06:25 PM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Fil

Got a recorded letter on thursday, was on my door mat inside my house!, the tracking number says still not delivered! Tho the signed for stickers have been removed?

Fil you got your letter so whats the prob really
Old 07-06-2008, 06:31 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

I've only ever used royal mail and touch wood they have got everything spot on so far.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Fil

Originally Posted by andyt
Fil you got your letter so whats the prob really

no problem, as i got the letter this time! but what about next and why should anybody bother with recorded, and just use normall pot luck post
Old 07-06-2008, 06:41 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by pani_k
I've only ever used royal mail and touch wood they have got everything spot on so far.
parcel farce is the royal mail isnt it?
Old 07-06-2008, 06:44 PM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by fuzzy
yeah
Old 07-06-2008, 06:44 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Originally Posted by fuzzy
Is it?

I think it's part of the Royal Mail Group but run totally differently?
Old 07-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pani_k

ive had LOADS of parcels nicked from my temp postman, latest one is a charger for my laptop, i seen the postman so pulled over had had it out with him, he kept appologising and said it would never happen again,,, then last week a letter gets delivered to a neighbours house,,,, when i see the prick im gonna aggy him up so he WONT fuck about anymore

my OLD postman was the bollox, he would sign for my deliverys and leave them in my electric cupboard with a note on another letter in the house,,,, seriously the bloke was the nuts

NOW i have to get stuff delivered to my parents as they get delivered to a different sorting office,, seems the sorting office has issues YET the management dont give a fuck

i lost 1 thomas pink shirt i left at my sisters house,,, she posted it to me 1st class as shes never had a issue before with post,,,, 250 quid shirt gone missing !!!

most big companys dont REALLY give a shite anymore im afraid !