General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

The Religion Debate...

Search this Thread

Old 24-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Mark V8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 166 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginge !
sorry but islam is NOT forced on others at all !!

i work with a large selection of faiths in my place from seikh, muslim and another faith i cant remember right now where you can eat pork but not a cow

Hindu !

anyway,,,,,, none of them force it onto me, when they fast they get on with it,,,,, they been doing it all there lifes hence they dont get bothered about it

they aint nut cases,,,,,, they DO occasionally remind me or haram ( or what ever its called ) but they get on with things !
They are all mental

Mark
Old 24-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well it aint forced onto me at all,,,, nor anyone else where i work at ( maybe we know we are a lost cause )
Old 25-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

matt, your personally experiences with any faith spanning billions of people cannot reflect all of them, remember that.

as for the "you don't need RE" questions, looking around at the world/country we live in, i think it's vital people get EDUCATED properly about other cultures, perhaps it might go some way towards a bit of inter-cultural understanding and be a step in the right direction for society. it (imho) worked for me.

but, given the choice between maths and RE.... no brainer
Old 25-05-2008, 10:29 AM
jameswrx
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Reminds me of the time my physio told me she wasn't going to 'work' on my back anymore...

I was a bit confused and asked "why?" (because I needed help still)

She stood up and said "the only way you're going to get better is to let Jesus into your heart"

She then handed me a Christian fellowship card

I sat there shocked for a bit, then started laughing while looking around the room for the cameras.

After listening to her bollox for 2 miutes I thought WTF am I doing and proceeded to tell her what I thought of religion. What a great 'discussion' we had for about half an hour, really pi55ed her off, but to be fair she ended my physio on her (IMO) crack pot ways and was totally unprofessional (she is NHS physio) She was certain the only way I could get better was to believe in God.

Next time I go back to the doctors I think I'll have to mention it, should have put in a complaint at the time really.
Old 25-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jim Galbally
matt, your personally experiences with any faith spanning billions of people cannot reflect all of them, remember that.

as for the "you don't need RE" questions, looking around at the world/country we live in, i think it's vital people get EDUCATED properly about other cultures, perhaps it might go some way towards a bit of inter-cultural understanding and be a step in the right direction for society. it (imho) worked for me.

i agree about it being good to learn about ALL other cultures, thats VERY important in the world today and a good way to help reduce racism OF ALL in this country !

shame its not gonna be taught like that

i dont wanna learn about burning bushes and water into wine,,,,, fuck me i used to go sunday school from the age of 4 and learned all about that shite ( parents,,,, ironic considering they never went church ! )

anyway learning cultures helps us not be so ignorant as us english are !
Old 25-05-2008, 10:53 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hindus are not meant to eat any meat at all.. neither are sikhs unless you really have to.. and only if you catch it and kill it yourself.
Old 25-05-2008, 03:46 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

sorry but islam is NOT forced on others at all !!
it is mate, and a while ago there was a small group of peole who were working ut of a mosque round our neck of the woods distributing leaflets to young muslim boys on how to get into a relationship with sikh girls, get them pregnenat and make them turn to islam as their families would reject them for not only sex before marriage but also for getting up the duff by a muslim

and if yo read up on sikh history, islam was forced upon the natives of india or else they faced the sword, which is why sikhism was formed, that's the very basics and it was sort of 5 or 600 years ago, but peole like that still exist today
Old 25-05-2008, 03:49 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

i work with a large selection of faiths in my place from seikh, muslim and another faith i cant remember right now where you can eat pork but not a cow

muslim's aren't supposed to eat pork
all their meat has to be halal
hindu's aren't supposed to eat cow
sikh's aren't supposed to eat meat fullstop

but there are some strange practices that go along the lines of "muslims must wipe their arses with their left hand because they are supposed to eat with their right hands" amongst others
Old 25-05-2008, 06:23 PM
The Rapid 1
Advanced PassionFord User

rapidone, by law you do have to be taught some RE in school. however its only sometihng like a single lesson every 6 months or something, not a full time class. the school obviously has its own policies, but dont let them confuse this with LAW.
Cool will defo be looking into this on Google then But the other problem is the two teachers involved (special needs and his form teacher who is also his English teacher ) are the ones dead set against it , oh ye the English teacher also his RE teacher , and she the one who gets all upset at the mention of removing him from RE, so even if I do will they teach my son properly, or will he suffer cos Ive gone against there wishes, in which case he still suffers and looses

MATHS is needed,,,,,, geography/history/RE isnt as important in general IMO
Thats my whole point WHEN/IF he can read and understand things etc, he can go and read up on it (religeon) if he so wishes, that will be up to HIM, I wont stop him, I wont encourage him, IF its something he WANTS to find out about, then fine, and even more, if he then finds a faith he wants to believe in and follow, then again that up to him, but not going to say that wouldnt cause certain discussions

AND along them lines HOW can any of the people on here say they ARENT having it forced upon them , surely being given it as a key subject at school, that think we all agreed upon isnt really critical for a 10 year old let alone a dyslexic one, is forcing people to have to listen to what its all about

Glad you do agree Jim (always new you had a sensible head on them shoulders )
BUT dont agree on your first statement, WHY is it vital "I" get educated on others cultures . THEY (people of other cultures) have chosen to come and live in MY country and thus should follow OUR culture.
When the scool teacher was going to get stoned for naming her (the class) teddy after a God, she was the one everybody said was in the wrong, for going against the culture of the country she was in .
NOW IF i wanted to go and live in ANOTHER country with a different set of values and cultures, surely part of my reasoning and decision to want to go there would be made with the knowledge of the way they live THERE lives, THE CULTURES they followed, that surely would be part of the appeal of leaving this country to live THERE way, like for arguments sake like Australia, one of there "cultures" and ways is to not let foreigners in, now that I like, so hopefully the country stays as best it can the way it is now, and hopefully the people can carry on living like they are used to without having to change the way they act/behave/speak to keep the small minority of new people entering the country, like we have to here

SORRY call me rascist (as many do on here , but saying that, Jim you met me I aint some tatooed up Nazi scum, like to think im a pretty descent average sort of guy lol ) BUT I do believe this is England and the way it used to be for my parents and grandparents was a far nicer place to live than it is now ! With us having to do all the "right" things to keep everybody else unoffended. (NOT saying all this countrys problems are caused by race religeon imagration, more to do with the PC brigade, using them things, and how people are brought up and all the rest that goes with it )

Steve
Old 25-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

i see where you're coming from, but digging your head in the sand and saying "this is my country, and this is my culture, everybody else should learn it" is not really a forward thinking view. if people continue with that viewpoint, we will never be able to push forward as a civilisation. the country you live in IS multicultural, and the world you live in even more so (remember, the modern world is international, not just national, you cannot ignore the rest of the world). you either adapt, and allow the world to continue to go forward, or you try and hold it up.

the world we live in is not the same as the one you lived in 1 year ago, let lone, 10, 100 or 1000 years ago. times change, and in the era we now live in times change VERY quickly
Old 25-05-2008, 06:52 PM
The Rapid 1
Advanced PassionFord User

i see where you're coming from, but digging your head in the sand and saying "this is my country, and this is my culture, everybody else should learn it" is not really a forward thinking view. if people continue with that viewpoint, we will never be able to push forward as a civilisation.
NOT bothered if they learn it or not, just dont make me change my way of life to suit theres, behind there closed doors they can worship whatever Gods they want wear whatever they want, make there women behave however they want, think whatever they want, but once out in the street follow what the English do !
Im quite happy to burry my head in the sand, I liked the way IT WAS, except im not happy to burry my head cos I want to tell people im not happy, Id like to do something about it !, NOT i realise there any chance of it ever happening , but maybe something will, I know a few people hate the BNP BUT there figures and supporters ARE going up, maybe just that alone will spur the major parties into realising the average Englishman has had enough! (and again I realise the religeon race imigration things aint the only things id like to change, punishment for crime/ bad behaviour, conscrption etc etc to name a few)

The way forward, well sorry, dont see the NOW as any improvement, why following the same and worse examples, is it suddenly going to make everything "better", it surely aint now, cant you remember what it used to be like visiting your grandparents with your parents, playing out in the streets, having fun, what do kids have now , be part of a gang, parents not allowing kids out cos of the fear of what may happen to them, when I was young used to disapear off for hours on end making camps in the fields, climbing trees going on bike rides, was FUN stuff, and my mum didnt have to undully worry about me , maybe come home with a few bumps and scratches, but not with a stab wound etc !

Steve