General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

religion and war.......cause and effect?

Search this Thread

Old 21-10-2004, 10:14 PM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default religion and war.......cause and effect?

bit of a boredom post

now i aint a religious person at all but i have mates who are so respect their beliefs even if i just dont understand it, im more of a logic and fact person than a faith one

the way i see it all the wars there have ever been have been caused by religion in one way or another, so it just baffles me how people can see religion as something to believe in and worship, kind of makes me the opposite to be honest

as for the fanatics that take things to obscene extremes all in the name of religion (suicide pacts, suicide bombings, that russian school massacre etc etc etc endless list really) well that just makes me think they have no free thought and their and have been brainwashed

the whole "god" thing just dont make any sense to me, personally i dont feel i need to believe in some higher being in order that my life can continue.

if "god" or whatever brought all into existence why do we take worshipping different faiths to the extremes of killing each other over it

and what makes things worse is that the fanatics with any power seem to make their way politicians

like i say i mean no offence and respect others beliefs, just thought it would make for a "different" discussion so discuss.....
Old 21-10-2004, 10:19 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny but good and evil only exist's in a religious point of view...

People who start war's seem to think their adult pretend friends can kill pretend people.

In reality people in war loose real people....and then bless god - That in its self is funny as fook.

dingy - a none religous person, as in god LOL - dad died for no reason, jesus - FUCK me was this a harry potter or what, not actual evidence of his existance aside from a book....
Old 21-10-2004, 10:24 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wqell im with both of you, i hate religion and think its all bollocks and dont understand why we teach our kids it at school as its all bollocks when they could be thought how to spell ( i should have spent that hour a week in english for 4 years then you lot might beabke to read what i type by now )

sorry but i hate the excuse people give and why do we make such a big deak as its obviously bollocks

ITS A LIE PEOPLE< SORRY BUT ITS TRUE

its just a way of telling people how to live and hopw to act with people thats all

ill make my own mind up about it and spit on the fucking child mo;esting preists that desreve worse that the other scum of life as they got a job to exploit it

may god be with all or you
Old 21-10-2004, 10:27 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Religion = Hypocritism. VERY few people truely believe and abide by there religion. Most use it as an excuse or way of justifying what they do or simply to make themselves feel better by going to church. My brother inlaw is a minister by the way and he CERTAINLY doesn't live by the gospel
Old 21-10-2004, 10:32 PM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

bit of a blinkered view there bal, hate is a very strong word for something you dont understand

why is it a lie?

bit ironic but im godfather to my best mates son, now my mate knows i aint remotely religious as does his mrs (also a long time very good mate) but still i got asked to stand up in church vowing "with gods help i will" now i didnt see this as hypocritical at the time because i know i will always be there for charlie which is what matters to me here, i think his mum just needed some "faith" in that if it makes sense
Old 21-10-2004, 10:34 PM
gurnE
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I'm to pissed to debate this tonight but I think religon is a load of bollocks

If you want to use religon to provide you with a decent set of rules to live live by (like the ten commandments) or provide comfort through difficult times in your life then fine carry on.

But the cons far outweigh the pros IMO.

Like you say, every war there has ever been can be traced back to religion in some form or another.

A thousand times more people have been killed in the name of God than in the name of the Devil

And dont get me started on the Church of England
What a great fookin racket that is, own half the country, all the best bits of real estate etc

Religion? Stick it up your fookin ass
Old 21-10-2004, 10:39 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Church of england ?

As in Jesus christ shite ?

Arabic dude from a country blowing the fuck out of each other... ????

Virgin mary - WHAT- she was fucked behind your back mate LOL....

Trending Topics

Old 21-10-2004, 10:46 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

matt i ahve no belives in it and unless you can show me proof about jesus ect and also explain why the bible changed its views and why homosexuals are soooooooo wrong yet there are now priests thats are gay then explain to me what the big deal is

sorry but the muslim bile thingy ( kharan sp!) is prob one of the few that aint really changed but still it dont make sence that we all have a "GOD" yet its different in different countries and we dont all get along

its all bollocks and i totall agree with gurnE

infact burning witches

sorry mate i dont understand it but i DO understand bollocks when i hear it

sorry if i offened the religous peeps onm her but ffs, wake up you obvioulsy better educated people than me, i cant see its all bollocks

its fucking mind control, some parts of it are a good thing as there needs to be rukes but now we got LAW ( you know dont break into someones house and then speed over 30 as ya rick getting points, fine and a ban frok driving )

its bollocks, knock all the churches down and build houses for the homeless people

sorry but i am stuck on that desision and i hate the idea ofm a school trying to teach my chikd about the bollocks of god when she could learn geography or maths

sorry but i wont change my mind

oh and im not married because its religeous and even the registry office aint religious its only done cause it is religious

my missus want to get Elise in to a good school and to do that as its cathklic she has to be christened and we have to be accpeted by the priest for our child to go to that school, dont care how good the school is, no fooker is gonna lie to my child about anything

NOT EVEN ME !!!!!
Old 21-10-2004, 10:49 PM
ADUSR33
Advanced PassionFord User

imho religion is man made bollox
Old 21-10-2004, 10:50 PM
SPADGE
15K+ Super Poster!!

WAY too heavy for me this religion stuff
I'll believe there is a god when he stands in front of me and hands me a bag of cash until then i'll stick to my view that anyone who believes in any religion is a brain washed fool
Old 21-10-2004, 10:52 PM
gurnE
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by SPADGE
anyone who believes in any religion is a brain washed fool
Nail......head!
Old 21-10-2004, 10:55 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Religion was dreamt up to control the masses. Each religion has a different set of values that have been altered over the years to suit the needs of the times/leaders. If you believe there is a god, then there is only one. There wasn't half a dozen chipping away at a block of stone creating the Earth. Now, if you believe there is a god then he ain't going to be very happy if you start killing the things he created regardless of the reason, after all forgiveness is devine. If god created the world, why can't he control it? Evil must exist, does that mean all who believe in the religions that kill are under it's influence, I.E. most of the world? Brain washing covers most religions, fear the rest.
Old 21-10-2004, 10:56 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

I'll believe there is a god when he stands in front of me and hands me a bag of cash

spadge im not god mate honest, its a nick name people give me

so its not just me then

i better wake the missus to show her

her family in malta fooking love jesus, theres photos of him in every room, best contriception you can use

try banging ya misus with a photo of liam gallaghers dad on the besdie table

trust me dont half put ya off
Old 21-10-2004, 11:19 PM
Supersh!t
Virgin

Religion in itself is not a ‘bad’ thing. If only it was adopted as a good guide on how to live your life, and nothing more, I think all would be well…….. Despite myself I somehow believe there is ‘something’ more after death.

What really gets me going however is these sick Muslim fanatics, and their ‘apologists’ throughout the world. Worshipping their, blood drenched, ‘prophet’, and committing acts of inhuman savagery in his name. Hopefully the current ‘crusade’ in the Middle East will be the end of them!
Old 21-10-2004, 11:24 PM
Keith B
Advanced PassionFord User

WWII - not a religous war....however it was about hatred and power...alot of peeps would say that religion is all about power too - interesting
Old 21-10-2004, 11:31 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

erm tbh alot of things about religion, but ya right that aint directly linked to it, but hitler did have some good points too though dont forget

dont get me wrong but its not all what the films and the english books claim
Old 21-10-2004, 11:33 PM
IanDavidson
Virgin

Religion does more good than bad. Without it, we would still be living in the stone ages of killing eachother for stolen goods and shagging eachothers wives.

I'm close to exploding at all the 'sick Muslim fanatics' replies.

It's very simple. If you conduct violence, then you are not a member of that race. The 'muslim fanatics' are not followers of Islam.

EIL was correct in religion was controlling people with fear. Fear, usually being associated with death...

Either way, we cannot blame religion. Read the bible - anyone at any stage in their life who can read, can relate to it. It's very clever...
Old 21-10-2004, 11:37 PM
SimonT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

My thoughts on it is that religion was first introduced to explain things science back in the day couldnt - shooting stars, illnesses etc etc etc

You look at most religious "stories" there is usually always a scientific explanation to back them up now.

Its also a potent way of, like has been mentioned, mind control or keeping people in check.

I also believe religion is a method of giving people something to follow or simply believe in life. It gives people something to be part off (like for example, a massive football supports club supporting the holy 11).

I wouldnt say I follow a religion. But I do believe in some things like ESP (going off subject I know) and I know this is probably gonna sound hypocritical because of my previous statement about science (i did say usually though ) but I definatly believe that there is a higher plain out there - what exactly I dont know (need more LSD!) but theres definatly something out there...

my worthless 2% of a quid

ST
Old 21-10-2004, 11:39 PM
Supersh!t
Virgin

Originally Posted by IanDavidson
It's very simple. If you conduct violence, then you are not a member of that race. ...
What 'race' are you refering too??
Old 21-10-2004, 11:41 PM
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

her family in malta fooking love jesus, theres photos of him in every room, best contriception you can use

try banging ya misus with a photo of liam gallaghers dad on the besdie table

WWII - not a religous war....however it was about hatred and power...alot of peeps would say that religion is all about power too - interesting

I thought that the killing of all the Jews for being Jewish was kind of religious??
Old 21-10-2004, 11:46 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

It's funny. People feel the need to believe or belong to something whether it be religion, race, aliens, ghosts or some paranormal experience to give them a reason to go on in life and not fear death. Look at Madonna, first sign she's getting on and a new religion pops up to give her safe passage to whatever she believes comes next, usually a heaven in most beliefs. I believe we turn to fodder. We live, die then return to what the earth needs most so make the most of it.
Old 21-10-2004, 11:48 PM
Supersh!t
Virgin

Originally Posted by EIL132
It's funny. People feel the need to believe or belong to something whether it be religion, race, aliens, ghosts or some paranormal experience to give them a reason to go on in life and not fear death. Look at Madonna, first sign she's getting on and a new religion pops up to give her safe passage to whatever she believes comes next, usually a heaven in most beliefs. I believe we turn to fodder. We live, die then return to what the earth needs most so make the most of it.
No Virgins for you then...........
Old 21-10-2004, 11:55 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

yeah but he never killed em for the religion but what they was about, thats the part he didnt like
Old 21-10-2004, 11:56 PM
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

Forgot to add that I too have no time for religion. It's a complete waste of time and causes ill feeling between people that would otherwise have got along. I remember an asian guy at college 2 years ago saying that he liked us all but that he would have to kill us if there was a holy war!

Of course, he was a total crank, but you get the picture. Look at all the killing in the middle east, in Ireland, in africa etc all because of religion. It's ridiculous.
Old 22-10-2004, 11:43 AM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Now, if you believe there is a god then he ain't going to be very happy if you start killing the things he created regardless of the reason, after all forgiveness is devine. If god created the world, why can't he control it?
my point entirely

I thought that the killing of all the Jews for being Jewish was kind of religious??
extreme facism like the holocaust saw is wanting one race, one belief, forcing your beliefs on others, so effectively a form of religion i would say
Old 22-10-2004, 12:15 PM
Jon S.A.C
Part of the Furniture

Having spent alot of time studying both sides of this argument i came to the conclusion that very few religions in this world come anywhere near upholding the bible teachings they proport to believe,not sure that makes it all rubbish mind you some far more intelligent people than me have come to the conclusion that a greater intelligence than ours exists and created our universe what you choose to believe is your individual choice saying its all rubbish without spending the time to find out is maybe a little narrow minded.(By time i mean the best part of twenty years on and off)And yes ive travelled to the sites of historical importance to see how much of what the bible says can be backed up by scientific fact,what i decided will remain private.Religion causing wars(or being used as an excuse) and being hypocritical without doubt.
Old 22-10-2004, 12:23 PM
Scottish Greg
PassionFord Regular

I am far from being religious, i believe much more on evolution and the scientists who are finding out how things started in the Universe. Yes there are still gaps and uncertainties, but its far more believeable than some "stories" written a few years ago ..... and remember they are "stories". Thats all they are and all they will ever be.
Religion probably kills more people than anything else on this planet ....... something wrong somewhere!!!
Old 22-10-2004, 12:24 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

tooo much to read but religion is a major contributing factor to the wars faced recently and concurrently throughout history (big words there and they sound good)
Old 22-10-2004, 12:28 PM
Jon S.A.C
Part of the Furniture

"They are stories" prove scientifically.There are an interesting number of scientists on both sides of that argument not all weighted in the favour of evolution but suprisingly balanced on both sides.Did you know Darwin didnt believe in evolution before he died.