General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

fuel prices received this today

Search this Thread

Old 21-05-2008, 08:41 PM
tonyrally
passionford god

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel prices received this today

Recieved as an Email if you agree, please copy it and send it to everyone in your address book, Thanks and regards

We have to do something to bring down the price of petrol - please read on.
This could have a real impact on us so definitely worth a try and don't forget
Waitrose currently the cheapest in town

It is worth a try, just maybe.

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it

We are hitting £108.9 a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1.10a litre. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May!
The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market placenot sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It’s really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the
message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it.....

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (and not buy at ESSO / BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrison’s Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and ESSO
Old 21-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

£1.08 - I wish it was that cheap.

Old email that deserves to be virtually burnt instead of clogging up the bandwidth
Old 21-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

We are hitting £108.9 a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1.10a litre. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

More like £1.29.9
Old 21-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

could this be the biggest repost of car forums of all time????

Old 21-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

12 times on passionford now!

https://passionford.com/forum/search...earchid=207133
Old 21-05-2008, 08:52 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

how many more people will come up with this shit?

there were no cross channel ferry crossings today as french fisherman had blockaded their ports protesting about fuel prices. that's the sort of thing that should be happening.
Old 21-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Originally Posted by Sooty
108.9 a Litre YE

Try £136 a litre for diesel in fulham last week
136 quid ouch
Old 21-05-2008, 09:01 PM
tonyrally
passionford god

Originally Posted by Sooty
108.9 a Litre YE

Try £136 a litre for diesel in fulham last week
shoot me now lol
Old 21-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

the next person to repost this shiot needs a lifetimes ban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21-05-2008, 09:19 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

Old 21-05-2008, 09:41 PM
CWA
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

This is the only thread on the subject I could find in time to begin my exclamation of detest..

£1.11 for unleaded petrol? and the prices are showing no sign of decreasing or even stopping to increase..

less than best impressed.
Old 21-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I love the bit about reaching 300 million people, there's only a quarter of that in the country including infants who cant read yet

Its the way it TOTALLY misses the point that what actually is happening is that this is being seen THREE HUNDRED MILLION times, but thats just by 3000 poor bastards on passionford being forced to read it a hundred thousand times each.
Old 21-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Karl
Norris Motorsport

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Complaining or protesting about fuel price increasing is a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME as it is inevitable due to our natural oil reserves running out, and the EVER increasing demand due to countries like China developing so quickly.

The reason fuel is so dear is due to crude oil supply issues. In approximately 2006 we passed a critical limit called "peak oil." This is the point at which worldwide demand for oil passed the ever decreasing pumping capacity of our natural oil reserves.

What will happen now, is that as the deficit in supply against demand grows ever bigger the price of crude oil will escalate to a never before seen level!

This means we now have hugely escalating fuel prices at the pump. Diesel is forecast to be £1.50 a litre in the next year.

Lastly to give you the real worrying reality, is that within 10 years our oil dependant lives will have to change dramatically as the demand to supply ratio will be critical! This means the way each and every one of us lives is going to change, like it or not!! You may be worrying about fuel prices now, but soon it will effect everything our lives are built around as EVERYTHING is based on the oil industry in one way or another. It is definately the end of our society as we know it and the dawn of a new era, which I have to say worries me hughly as I really have no idea what to expect.

Last edited by Karl; 21-05-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 21-05-2008, 09:49 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

How many more fukkin times will it be posted? I get it emailed to me at least once a week. I think the first time I recieved it it was still only 95p a ltr... 95p ahhh the good old days.
Old 21-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Karl
Complaining or protesting about fuel price increasing is a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME as it is inevitable due to our natural oil reserves running out, and the EVER increasing demand due to countires like China developing so quickly.

The reason fuel is so dear is due to crude oil supply issues. In approximately 2006 we passed a critical limit called "peak oil." This is the point at which worldwide demand for oil passed the ever decreasing pumping capacity of our natural oil reserves.

What will happen now, is that as the deficit in supply against demand grows ever bigger the price of crude oil will escalate to a never before seen level!

This means we now have hugely escalating fuel prices at the pump. Diesel is forecast to be £1.50 a litre in the next year.

Lastly to give you the real worrying reality, is that within 10 years our oil dependant lives will have to change dramatically as the demand to supply ratio will be critical! This means the way each and every one of us lives is going to change, like it or not!! You may be worrying about fuel prices now, but soon it will effect everything our lives are built around as EVERYTHING is pased on the oil industry in one way or another. It is definately the end of our society as we know it and the dawn of a new era, which I have to say worries me hughly as I really have no idea what to expect.

Sadly, I am sure you are TOTALLY correct
Old 21-05-2008, 09:55 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

i had to put in diesel at £128.9/l this afternoon
Old 21-05-2008, 09:57 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

and oil is only $130 a barrel at the moment so a long way to go before hitting the $200 a barrel that peole were saying it had already passed

and if oil is being bought in $ then it should still only be about £65 a barrel so not much more than everyone is freaking on about
Old 21-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Chip

Dojj, do shut up mate
Old 21-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Karl
Norris Motorsport

dojj,

Regardless of the cost of a barrel of oil at the momment (which is at a record high anyway), soon it will be MUCH higher because of ever increasing demand against ever decreasing crude oil pumping capacity. We have passed a criticial limit in our own life times and things are going to change FAST.

Last edited by Karl; 21-05-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 21-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Chip

dojj,

Regardless of the cost of a barrel of oil at the momment (which is at a record high anyway), soon it will be MUCH higher because of ever increasing demand against ever decreasing crude oil pumping capacity. We have passed a criticial limit in our own life times and things are going to change FAST.
Indeed, its going to be a RAPID rise soon IMHO, there are just too many more people coming online with oil requirements day by day and an ever dwindling supply.
Old 21-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Karl
Norris Motorsport

Chip,

What worries me, is we all enjoyed films like "mad max" when they first came out, and I remember thinking how weird it would be to kill each other over fuel. HOWEVER just how far away is this reality?

Think I best get the Cossie kitted out with bull bars and a machine gun on the roof!
Old 21-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

nuke china,

nuke the middle east,

nuke korea,

nuke north america,

that will be the end of war,the end of oil being wasted,and 40+ years of oil reserves while the radiation dies down.

vote tim finch!!!
Old 21-05-2008, 10:09 PM
CWA

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Indeed, its going to be a RAPID rise soon IMHO, there are just too many more people coming online with oil requirements day by day and an ever dwindling supply.
how rubbish..

as soon as i pass my test - driving becomes well expensive

Old 21-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Chip

Chip,

What worries me, is we all enjoyed films like "mad max" when they first came out, and I remember thinking how weird it would be to kill each other over fuel. HOWEVER just how far away is this reality?

Think I best get the Cossie kitted out with bull bars and a machine gun on the roof!

Im confident that oil will be a memory or a very expensive rarity at best by the time I retire.

I cant even begin to picture what the planet is going to become like, all the cheap flights and personal transportation etc we are used to now WILL end or become scarce, it just has to, there simply are not enough resources on this planet to support us at the rate we are going currently.
Old 21-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Martyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It doesnt take much thought to realise just how big an issue it could become... no container ships moving the worlds goods, airplanes, cars, trains, trucks, etc, etc

Remove all of those and everything the human race has invented will take a huge step backwards!
Old 21-05-2008, 10:17 PM
crash_ash
Part of the Furniture

colonise kuait, like the good old days
Old 21-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Martyn
It doesnt take much thought to realise just how big an issue it could become... no container ships moving the worlds goods, airplanes, cars, trains, trucks, etc, etc

Remove all of those and everything the human race has invented will take a huge step backwards!
Basically human beings are to earth, what a parasytic bacteria is to a human.

We have got to the stage now that we have finally reproduced beyond the point our host can sustain us and we will kill it, and ourselves with it.
Its inevitable.
Old 21-05-2008, 10:22 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Im confident that oil will be a memory or a very expensive rarity at best by the time I retire.

I cant even begin to picture what the planet is going to become like, all the cheap flights and personal transportation etc we are used to now WILL end or become scarce, it just has to, there simply are not enough resources on this planet to support us at the rate we are going currently.

i read somewhare that if everyone on the planet consumed resources at the rate of the average american the whole planet would be dead in three years
Old 21-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Karl
Norris Motorsport

The fuel/oil crisis is such a serious issue, that I do not see myself working in the automotive industry in 10 years time. Every year that goes by now, I keep thinking I will shut down business and change career. For sure it is going to happen in the near future, I just don't know the correct time to get out of the industry before it totally collapses.
Old 21-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Spammage
Regular Contributor

Oh well fuckin enjoy it while you can!!!!!
Old 21-05-2008, 10:26 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

The fuel/oil crisis is such a serious issue, that I do not see myself working in the automotive industry in 10 years time. Every year that goes by now, I keep thinking I will shut down business and change career. For sure it is going to happen in the near future, I just don't know the correct time to get out of the industry before it totally collapses.

Asap!!! it seems like it's only going to get worse, meaning every year you leave it...the worse it will be

You should be a Prof. at a Uni
Old 21-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Chip

good idea, get out and into an industry that doesnt rely on oil at all, like, umm, errr, ummm, hang on......
Old 21-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Karl
Norris Motorsport

Indeed it will be a uni lecturer for me, teaching folk what an internal combustion engine USED TO BE..............
Old 21-05-2008, 10:28 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Originally Posted by Cosworth Rallyesport
nuke china,

nuke the middle east,

nuke korea,

nuke north america,

that will be the end of war,the end of oil being wasted,and 40+ years of oil reserves while the radiation dies down.

vote tim finch!!!
you have my vote as long as i can Nuke China??
Old 21-05-2008, 10:29 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Indeed it will be a uni lecturer for me, teaching folk what an internal combustion engine USED TO BE..............
You'll look good in a tweed jacket with leather elbow pads
Old 21-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

good idea, get out and into an industry that doesnt rely on oil at all, like, umm, errr, ummm, hang on......

OH CRAP!
Old 21-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Chip

Golden era we are in now, petrol heads in years to come will just be people who read about the stuff we are doing now!
Old 21-05-2008, 10:31 PM
CWA

lol damit..

and theres me having just completed my application to study Motorsport Engineering in Coventry!

even if they choose to keep cars for logistical reasons in 10 years time, there's probably not a chance they will let people carry on burning fuel in racing for fun!

I think i might learn how to make bicycles..

Quick Reply: fuel prices received this today