General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

manchester football riots at Man Picc station - event log.......

Search this Thread

Old 16-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default manchester football riots at Man Picc station - event log.......

Makes interesting reading. Absolute fucking hooligans and animals tho.....

Log taken directly from "TRUST" - the Network Rail information network and event logging system.

Originally Posted by TRUST
EVENTS
Date Time Co Description
14/05 2200 NR Call received from the TPE station staff at Manchester Piccadilly advising that football supporters are walking on the track on platforms 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14, train running stopped, BTP are in attendance, but the large volume of passengers is growing.
14/05 2210 NR TPE Radio conversations confirm the passenger volumes are un-manageable, TPE staff have withdrawn from the platforms, all passengers are now clear of the lines, but there is no train dispatch staff.
14/05 2220 NR Call received from the Network Rail Station Manager, at Manchester Piccadilly advises that preparations are underway to evacuate Manchester Piccadilly, due the volume of passenger and the unsafe conditions.
14/05 2241 NR Station Manager at Manchester Piccadilly advises that Manchester Piccadilly is now closed due to disorder.
14/05 2242 NR Station Manager at Manchester Piccadilly advises Platform 13 & 14 are now closed due to disorder, Station staff have withdrawn from the platform.
14/05 2245 NR BT Police Control Sergeant informed of events and that the station staff are afraid to leave their office, will arrange for officers to accompany the station staff to despatch trains they also reported that GM Police are sending a Tactical Support Group to the station to assist BT Police in gaining control.
14/05 2254 NR Station Manager at Manchester Piccadilly advises Platforms 1 TO 9 are now open.
14/05 2258 NR Report received from the Conductor on 1N70 21:47hrs Manchester Airport to Blackpool North advising that when he passed through Deansgate Station, he heard a thud on the side of the unit, and he thought someone had fell between the train and the platform. MPSCC advised and they utilised 2H90 21:36hrs Clitheroe to Buxton to examine the line.

BTP advised, log reference 738
14/05 2303 NR Route Control Manager advises that the Driver of 2H90 has reported the line all clear, nothing seen. BTP updated.
14/05 2304 NR Northern Trains Station Manager contacted and informs that the BT Poice have just arrived to accompany the station staff on their duties, also reported that several members of Northern Trains station staff have been assaulted. TPE Control Manager also reports that they have had their Operations Manager assaulted on the platform. Network Rail station manager informs no reported injuries to Network Rail employee's.
14/05 2307 NR MPSCC advises that train running has resumed on Platform 14.
14/05 2311 NR MPSCC advises that Platforms 9 to 14 are blocked again, passengers are running lineside.
14/05 2327 NR MPSCC advises that Platforms 13 and 14 are now open, they still have a few passengers trespassers on the remaining platforms / track.
14/05 2329 NR Manchester Piccadilly now fully operational, services still being delayed due to volume of passengers and difficulties dispatching trains.
15/05 0005 NR Manchester Piccadilly Station Manager informs that a number of coaches have arrived at the station's Fairfield street entrance to take passengers to Preston and Blackpool.
15/05 0015 NR 1N71 2247 Manchester Airport - Blackpool North has been stood at Manchester Oxford Road station as the guard is unable to leave his cab and passengers are holding the doors open, passengers have attempted to drag the driver out of the window he is now secure and no injuries have been reported. Six BT Police officers are on the station but can not make their way through to the train.
15/05 0021 NR Northern Trains inform that 2D48 2309 Manchester Picc - Chester is cancelled after the passengers started vandalising units 142061 & 142026, the guard has left the train and the driver alighted via the window as passengers would not let him leave by the door. Train cancelled.
15/05 0033 NR TPE inform that there are large crowds blocking the road access to Manchester Piccadilly station (estimated +10,000 with approximately half trying to get to Preston or Blackpool), BT Police informed and confirm that officers are attempting to clear a route for the bus and coach services. There is also +1000 people at Manchester Oxford Road.
15/05 0037 NR 1N71 departs Manchester Oxford Road (81' late).
15/05 0045 NR Northern Trains inform 323235 has had a door badly damaged by passengers at Manchester Piccadilly (working additional service 2T11 2340 Manchester Picc - Manchester Airport), unit taken out of service. 142014 various windows smashed at Manchester Piccadilly station - taken out of service.
15/05 0426 NR Manchester Piccadilly station staff report there are still lots of football fans in Manchester and the numbers are starting to build up again at Manchester Piccadilly station. BT Police informed have officers on the station monitoring the situation. GM Central (G. Openshaw) updated and is enroute to the station to oversee events and clean up.

Absolutely shocking
Old 16-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Lifted this from another forum aswell - tells its own story.......

Originally Posted by Whatsitdoingnow?
From 'rock hard' football thug to pathetic whimpering wretch in 5 seconds. Love it

Good dog!
The first two pictures tell a story in their own right. If you look at the bloke in the light blue T-shirt: In the first pictures he's all "come on you English poofter" but in the seconds photo he's altered his viewpoint to "ooh, that dog's got some handy teeth and they're coming our way"
Old 16-05-2008, 10:37 AM
COMEDY DAN
No1 Blower.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good doggie.!!!!!!!

Makes me sick to think the scum of the earth live here and beat our police force, our joe public trying to retain law and order.

Vomit.........

And you wonder why 6000 brits are leaving the UK a WEEK to live abroad away from this countries financial and social mess.

Broken Britain
Old 16-05-2008, 10:38 AM
alan12112
Focus St mk2 310 bhp :D

ahahah he deserved what he got if he was not complying with the officeers demands

Just goes to show you DONT fuck with polive dogs - EVER!!

Shocking text Graceland - Shocking!
Old 16-05-2008, 10:38 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Originally Posted by COMEDY DAN
Good doggie.!!!!!!!

Makes me sick to think the scum of the earth live here and beat our police force, our joe public trying to retain law and order.

Vomit.........

And you wonder why 6000 brits are leaving the UK a WEEK to live abroad away from this countries financial and social mess.

Broken Britain
ahmen to that mate
Old 16-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Shocking indeed - I'm glad I arn't based at Manchester anymore thats for sure
Old 16-05-2008, 10:41 AM
COMEDY DAN
No1 Blower.

Britain is a f**king mess.

Our government is a joke, our economy is a joke and our violence and social delinquency is a joke too.

Who the hell wuld want to live here...............
Old 16-05-2008, 10:45 AM
alan12112
Focus St mk2 310 bhp :D

Originally Posted by Graceland
Shocking indeed - I'm glad I arn't based at Manchester anymore thats for sure
Me to mate I used to work 9-5 mon to fri manchester - up till september last year

I would of been right in the middle of that lot at 5pm - not a very nice place to be and that was before the riots started

sooo glad I got out of that place now and did I hear right, are they not showing the chamions league game now because of this?

terrible

Broken Britain - 2 truer words have never been said
Old 16-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Neil@FastFord
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Why are people knockin' Manchester?

It wasn't Mancs that kicked off.

I miss Manchester badly. Great place.

Loved the pics though, always enjoy seeing people come unstuck when they have been asking for it.
Old 16-05-2008, 11:08 AM
percybigun
Twistin me melon man

i hope his tetanus jabs were up to date
Old 16-05-2008, 11:11 AM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I miss manchester too in a way! Alright I'm back every two weeks - but everything is in one place! LDN is too spread out!
Old 16-05-2008, 11:28 AM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by COMEDY DAN
Britain is a f**king mess.

Who the hell wuld want to live here...............
people who want free moola and some great benefits + a free flat or if there really lucky a free house
Old 16-05-2008, 11:35 AM
Sticky.
20K+ Super Poster.

Fuck helping the cunt walk....the police should have let the dog carry on. They've spoilt it for Man Utd fans wanting to watch it on the big screens next week.

The fans must be fumming
Old 16-05-2008, 11:39 AM
joel_winders
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

On the flip side if manc fans did that in Glasgow, then English fans would be called all sorts from UEFA, what did anyone expect there not fit to live in pig stys !
Old 16-05-2008, 11:40 AM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Quality that the dog bit him
Old 16-05-2008, 01:08 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

how do you know he was asking for it? i hate weegies as much as anyone from edinburgh but being a football man myself i know how it is when your an away fan in someone elses town. the local police will use any little excuse to attack and nexy thing you know theres a line of police advancong trapping you in a corner and theres no where to go but go down fighting unless you want to just lie there and be a punchbag for the police because theyre not letting anyone past without a beating. ive seen lots of totally innocent people caught up in it by purely being in the wrong place at the wrong time and being treated the same as the hooligans. woman ,children,old people etc.
ive been there and done years as a hearts casual and ive deserved everything ive got but i have seen so many innocent people caught up by accident. the police are as bad as the hooligans and you will not convince any of them of your innocence.
so unless you were there and witnessed what happened i wouldnt jump to conclusions .
Old 16-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Paul i take it yer not into football but that is not the normal behaviour of most fans, there just stupid jocks who cant take English beer.
Old 16-05-2008, 01:33 PM
pee vee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One of the reasons i cant stand football.. the twats who cause all the trouble..

So your precious team lost, or might loose.. who gives a fukk,

but apparently its enough to start a riot.. UTTER wankers.
Old 16-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Craig - I know its not normal football fans behavour - I've never seen anything like that at Leeds or Huddersfield on match day regardless of who wins etc etc, A total one off, but something that still should never of happened methinks
Old 16-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

technically its not a riot... and we "havent" had any in this country

if its a riot the police have to pay for damages lol so all the trouble in the 80's were little scuffs pmsl
Old 16-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

PMSL

All them riots in bradford and Oldham a few years ago would be considered "isolated pub fights" then
Old 16-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

exactly fella
Old 16-05-2008, 02:07 PM
BRAMMER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I used to live down there, fantastic place apart from car insurance
Old 16-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Nash
Cake lover!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Simple solution is ban Rangers from any European Football for the next 3 years. That should go for any football team aswell[national events dock 5 points for every time it kicks off], if the Fans cant behave punish the club as thats the biggest kick in the teeth for the fans there is.

Last edited by Nash; 16-05-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 16-05-2008, 02:19 PM
BIG_HENDO

Ban Rangers from everything... and for the rest of this thread dont brand all Scots with the same brush as a handfull of Glasgow minks!!!!
Old 16-05-2008, 02:26 PM
david
PassionFord Post Whore!!

There were a lot of people caught up in the middle of it just trying to get away, myself included. We were fine but plenty of others ended up in a bad way both from the police, other 'fans' and bottles getting flung about.

Shame it all happened as the daytime atmosphere was amazing. Just too many idiots there that wanted to cause something after drinking way too much, no excuse for it at all.
Old 16-05-2008, 02:28 PM
cutch
Series 1 4x4 cossie

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by fuzzy
how do you know he was asking for it? i hate weegies as much as anyone from edinburgh but being a football man myself i know how it is when your an away fan in someone elses town. the local police will use any little excuse to attack and nexy thing you know theres a line of police advancong trapping you in a corner and theres no where to go but go down fighting unless you want to just lie there and be a punchbag for the police because theyre not letting anyone past without a beating. ive seen lots of totally innocent people caught up in it by purely being in the wrong place at the wrong time and being treated the same as the hooligans. woman ,children,old people etc.
ive been there and done years as a hearts casual and ive deserved everything ive got but i have seen so many innocent people caught up by accident. the police are as bad as the hooligans and you will not convince any of them of your innocence.
so unless you were there and witnessed what happened i wouldnt jump to conclusions .

here, here! Thank you just what i was thinking. Not all of us weegies are c*nts though!
Old 16-05-2008, 02:32 PM
sebspring
Winker

give the dog a fucking medal
Old 16-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Jim Green
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Graceland : LOL...."Trust" Only recently learned how to use it since I went to my new job in the control room.

I got into motorsport & the car scene because of the violence at soccer games.....and that was in the eighties. Things started to get better, but seems to be going back the other way again.

I'd rather watch it on TV and not have to worry about some thug jumping on my car in the car park, or getting caught up in fights and arguments.

Last edited by Jim Green; 16-05-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Old 16-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Originally Posted by Jim Green
Graceland : LOL...."Trust" Only recently learned how to use it since I went to my new job in the control room.

I got into motorsport & the car scene because of the violence at soccer games.....and that was in the eighties. Things started to get better, but seems to be going back the other way again.

I'd rather watch it on TV and not have to worry about some thug jumping on my car in the car park, or getting caught up in fights and arguments.
you have access to "TRUST" Jim?
Old 16-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Stoo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Good dog! I just hope it didn't catch anything, god knows where he's been
Old 16-05-2008, 04:59 PM
fish99
Advanced PassionFord User

The old furry Exocets are a good tool to use... not as good as our mounted branch in public order situations as a couple of ton of horse is pretty hard object to get through .. I have been in a few riots, sorry not riots I mean public order situations and they can be pretty scary. Just hope these mindless fools dont ruin our chance of getting the world cup..then again its not likely england will be in it..
Old 16-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I've heard a few first hand reports of what went on, obviously all defending the rangers support to some extent, how true they are i don't know.

Apparently Police moved in on rangers fans after the screen broke, to stop them all moving to another fan zone en mass as it were, instead they wanted them to wait and be shuttled by busses., obviously some fans took an exception to this and tried to get past the police, who then got the batons out and started smacking folk, to which other fans waded in and it all kicked off.

Either way its terrible and should never have happened. Minority of fans or not its disgusting behaviour on the most part.
Old 16-05-2008, 05:31 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by pee vee
One of the reasons i cant stand football.. the twats who cause all the trouble..

So your precious team lost, or might loose.. who gives a fukk,

but apparently its enough to start a riot.. UTTER wankers.

I agree its just really strange how grown men can act like this.

How sad can you get?!?!?!?!

For people to get so upset/violent/stupid over a GAME of football, they must have some sort of mental issue.

What a bunch of weirdo's! Its something ive never understood and never will. Pure scum.

Yes innocent people are caught up in it unfortunatly, but thats not the fault of the police, its the fault of the total and utter morons that cause all this in the first place.

And for what, a bunch of blokes in shorts prancing around on a field chasing a ball? Madness!
Old 16-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Redeye Jedi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Awesome pic! Ridiculous that this sort of behaviour still takes place, tis football FFS!!
Old 16-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

or pisshead scotish......

JOKE
Old 16-05-2008, 06:33 PM
The Rapid 1

FIRST hate football !
Second hate all the violence assosiated with it, just no need, surely a sport is for FUN, to watch and enjoy, maybe go away and learn something from it , like how to do better next time.

BUT

In the first pic dont really think the guy that gets it from the dog, actually really looks to be the agressor, the cop looks more the agressor, screaming at him, charging at him batton raised, the guy looks more like he saying whoa calm down, hands open and raised to show no agression, his pals behind on the other hand to look like they are/were causing trouble, looks like the guy who gets it trying to calm things down.

AND

IF he did deserve it, WHY is he being helped away by friends / colleageus, why was he not thrown in the back of a van to be charged ???
If what he was doing had done was serious enough to have the dogs set on him, why was he not arrested ?

Another view anyway.

In my opinon just lock all the footbal hooligans in one area and let them all fight to the death and then see whos the "hardest" !

Steve
Old 16-05-2008, 06:49 PM
arch

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

In the first pic dont really think the guy that gets it from the dog, actually really looks to be the agressor, the cop looks more the agressor, screaming at him, charging at him batton raised, the guy looks more like he saying whoa calm down, hands open and raised to show no agression, his pals behind on the other hand to look like they are/were causing trouble, looks like the guy who gets it trying to calm things down.

AND

IF he did deserve it, WHY is he being helped away by friends / colleageus, why was he not thrown in the back of a van to be charged ???
If what he was doing had done was serious enough to have the dogs set on him, why was he not arrested ?

Another view anyway.

Mate, do you really think that in todays PC world gone mad, a police officer who can clearly be identified, who knows there are numerous cameras/mobile phones around him would seriously let his dog bite a fella without just cause? We can safely assume that the rangers fan will be contacting his solicitor wanting to make a complaint about police brutality fairly soon, so the officer needs to justify his actions.

A couple of years back I had to go to civil court as a lad who had run from a stolen car and failed to stop when the dog man told him too was quite rightly bitten by the dog. The lad was trying to sue the police for damages, even though his complaint (made on his behalf by his mom) was "As my son was running away from a car he had just stolen, a police dog bit him".

Been in a few proper football knocks myself and we are so outnumbered that we simply cannot afford two or three officers to lock up one idiot/transport him to the nick, it would leave your mates with little or no cover. Its a case of stop the fools fighting and then move onto the next group who cannot handle their first pint.
Old 16-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

At half 8 in the morning the jocks were walking from the hotel at the top of my street into Manny beer in hand, That i have no issue with,
But 12 hours on the pop and the big telly throws a wobbly when your there to see the biggest game of your life is gonna get 1 or 2 peoples backs up.
You will always get 1 or 2 morons in a group of thousands, this place is a classic example
So as 1 drunken mong kicks off, a few will follow and voila, a right royal ruckus.

42 arrests out of a said 200,000 isnt a bad statistic really, but I actually feel sorry for the red cunts next week not being able to watch it, See if they have a big telly on back home in Trafalgar Square

Moral to the Story, Keep the cunts colonised
Old 16-05-2008, 06:55 PM
arch

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Think we could rebuild the wall?

I think the other land shark wants a nip!

Quick Reply: manchester football riots at Man Picc station - event log.......