General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

manchester football riots at Man Picc station - event log.......

Search this Thread

Old 17-05-2008, 12:53 PM
gordyshreds
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just watched the videos.makes you feel sick.that one where theirs a swarm of them kicking someone on the floor (im guessing is a policeman). makes me feel real pissed off and sad,do people not realise how much damage you can do to someone so easily???http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7404610.stm just after 2 mins into the clip, watch them attack that policman who falls. its disgusting.
Old 17-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Oldschool
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by purple_fiesta
Most the people in the videos are wearing blue
lol. End of season tops can be bought for about 10-15 quid mate. And if u watch a lot of the videos, few are wearing actual Rangers strips. Many are just wearing scarfs round there neck, or a t-shirt and theres plenty with no football atire whatsoever.

My bother-in-law was at the game and told us a load of Engllish and non-Rangers fans were kicking up trouble from the start of the day and a lot wore Rangers atire so they would blend in. Would be kinda daft of them to wear a Man Utd or Leeds Yellow top as they would be easy to spot on the CCTV
Old 17-05-2008, 12:56 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by purple_fiesta
Most the people in the videos are wearing blue
its well known that theres been cross border joining up of forces beteen crews in the past and the fact it was in manchester , the home of the generally most hated in english footbal, i would guarantee this would have happened. theres big teams in england that wear blue that have had such connections with rangers in the past.
so who knows for sure who was all there on the day?
Old 17-05-2008, 12:58 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by gordyshreds
just watched the videos.makes you feel sick.that one where theirs a swarm of them kicking someone on the floor (im guessing is a policeman). makes me feel real pissed off and sad,do people not realise how much damage you can do to someone so easily???http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7404610.stm just after 2 mins into the clip, watch them attack that policman who falls. its disgusting.
fair enough thats not exactly queensberry rules but it happens both ways, in reverse the kind policemen wouldnt be stopping to help the unfortunate member of the public who had fallen over. they would be battoning the shite of of him before arresting him on a police assualt charge.
Old 17-05-2008, 01:01 PM
gordyshreds

you seriously think a group of 30+ police officers would kick the crap out of a member of public on the floor??no.its not the same.either way violence like that is pointless and the people wanna get a life, get a real hobbie.just pisses me off no end.

Last edited by gordyshreds; 17-05-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 17-05-2008, 01:04 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

you seriously think a group of 30+ police officers would kick the crap out of a member of public on the floor??no.
you think it doesnt happen? do you belive in santa as well?
ive been on the receiving end at the football and the police often behave worse than the fans.not all i agree but many of them are just hooligans hiding behind a uniform
Old 17-05-2008, 01:16 PM
gordyshreds

forget it.im just saying its all pointless shite violence.if i was a policeman facing the kinda thing that went on up manc id be standing up for myself.theyre fighting for their lives.said all i wanted to.and no i dont belive in santa.policemen dont go kicking people on the floor like the thugs in that video.fact
Old 17-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by fuzzy
ive been on the receiving end at the football and the police often behave worse than the fans.not all i agree but many of them are just hooligans hiding behind a uniform
In a scene like that, the Copper there cannot define who's who from a group of people of which some are causing trouble, the Copper has to have his eyes everywhere to cover his own arse, and when the call comes to 'charge', this call isnt taken lightly may I add, but if your there, and in the way then your gonna get clumped, If you dont wanna get clumped then you move out of the way and stay out of the way, giving a Copper lip when its kicking off will either get you a mild twatting or a nights B+B.
Old 17-05-2008, 01:28 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

policemen dont go kicking people on the floor like the thugs in that video.fact
your right, they use police batons. fact.
Old 17-05-2008, 01:56 PM
arch
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

fair enough thats not exactly queensberry rules but it happens both ways, in reverse the kind policemen wouldnt be stopping to help the unfortunate member of the public who had fallen over. they would be battoning the shite of of him before arresting him on a police assualt charge.

Blimey mate, you been in the wrong place at the wrong time on a few occasions?
Old 17-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

I fucking hate football. As a sport it doesn't interest me, but the main thing I hate is the attitudes and behaviour of a lot of the "fans".

I just don't get it. Why go to a match specifically to kick off? How does that make you a fan? I realise this isn't ALL football fans, some genuinely go to watch the game they enjoy watching.

But what makes me laugh is the non-footbal fans cite all the fans as the trouble makes, and the fans cite the cops as trouble makers...

Now ask yourself this - WHY would the police need to impose a huge presence on match days? WHY do you need so many at the ground? WHY do they need cops in nigh on full riot gear in the streets?

And don't tell me it's because they wanna start a ruck with the fans as they are "easy targets"

Do you think it might be because we have learned from history that football matches can cause all sorts of havok and fighting? So do you think that maybe there is a strong police presence because historically there is evidence of a pattern, and the police HAVE to come out in force in case it kicks off?

And yes innocent people get caught up in it all, and thats sad. But it's collateral damage. Imagine you're a cop in the middle of a football riot - people attacking you left right and centre, nearly all of em wearing football shirts. One comes running towards you - you've already been attacked 20times - how do you know this guy running at you in a football shirt isn't gonna attack you? Do you chance it and stand there defenceless to see if he does or doesn't, or do you pre-emt an attack and defend yourself? Answer that HONESTLY.....

Football fans make me sick. Obviosuly not the ones that go see a match and go home behaving themselves, I mean the ones that do this sort of thing. Why do it?

I asked a guy at work, who loves football, and he told me I wouldn't understand as it's a passion thing. Apparently it's people who are SO passionate about the game.

Now I am passionate about music, probably more so than an AWFUL lot of footie fans are about their team. But I don't go to a show and beat up the fans of the support band do I? And neither does anyone else! You don't go to a tennis match and see the fans beating up other fans cos their player lost do you? You don't go to the olympics and see all the other countries beating up the fans of one country cos they won?

What makes footbal different? Why should football command fans to attack each other and destroy property and fight with the authorities? What is it about football that makes people become animals?

Honestly, if this continues, and personally I think it's gone on long enough, football should be banned as a punishment to the "fans" that spoil it for everyone else. There is obviously a problem, it's not getting any better, it's probably only going to get worse - ban the fucking thing I say. No football, no reason to have a riot.

Now some people will blast me for that and say it's ludicrous. They are probably the same people that say ban religion as it causes wars tho.....
Old 17-05-2008, 02:03 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by arch
ive said previously that in my youth i was a hearts casual for a few years and have been on the receiving end on more than one occasion but thats my own fault and choice. ive also seen lots of innocent people caught up in the police wall forced into the same corner and battoned indescriminately . you see the pictures in the paper and assume they deserved it but its not always the case. you will know yourself how it is as you say youve been on the other side o few times yourself.
Old 17-05-2008, 02:32 PM
BLACKCOS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

THE Rangers fan pictured being bitten by a police dog in the Manchester riots is a convicted murderer.

Former heroin addict Alex Aitkenhead was freed two years ago after 19 years in jail.

At only 17, he stabbed his brother-in-law to death on his doorstep as his sister tried vainly to protect him.

Aitkenhead, 38, was captured in a series of pictures of the running battles fought by a mob of thugs against police during the UEFA Cup final violence in the city centre.

The most dramatic was one in which a police dog had grabbed his leg in its jaw as he lay on the ground.

But other pictures in the Record also captured him with a group of other fans cornered in the city by riot police.

The pictures, published yesterday, showed him appearing as a central figure.

He had his arms outstretched, in a gesture he claims was intent on calming the volatile situation which had erupted on the streets after a fan zone big screen failed minutes before the big match.

Seconds later, he was grabbed by police and a German shepherd dog repeatedly sank its teeth into his legs and hand.

The Record caught up with Aitkenhead yesterday as he left the doctors' surgery near his home in Carntyne, Glasgow, after treatment for several wounds on his leg.

He joked: "When the police realised who it was their dog was biting they had to send it away for a tetanus jab."

But he claimed he had acted as a peacemaker, despite the police officers' decision to set the dogs on him.

He said: "This was nothing to do with me. I was trying to calm the situation down but the police were pumped up and overreacting.

"They released a dog on me for nothing and it really set about me. I've got scars on both legs and the doctor had to dress my hand.

"I couldn't get any stitches because you can't do that for bite wounds, so I've been told to be very careful with the dressings. I'm going to be left with some nasty scars."

Aitkenhead, who could be hauled back to prison if he violates his licence by committing any offence, was photographed around midnight after police had been recalled to the city centre.

He said: "I've been out of jail for a while now and I've paid for my crimes. There's no way I'd be interested in spoiling things for everybody and getting sent back to jail.

"We were only looking to enjoy a brilliant day out for Rangers, like everyone else.

"We went down with a mixed group and there were some youngsters there so the last thing we wanted was any trouble. You can see in the pictures I wasn't causing trouble. I was trying to hold people back and to make it clear we didn't want any aggro."

Aitkenhead said he travelled to Blackpool with a coachload of friends on Tuesday and spent a night in the seaside resort before heading to Manchester.

He added: "We had a great time and it was amazing until we got to Albert Square but then it was obvious that there were too many people there.

"We thought it would be safer to head out of the centre towards some smaller pubs, where the youngsters would be safe.

"We kept away from the trouble until after midnight, when the riot cops were back on the streets and all ready for aggro."

He added: "I'm sure I make a juicy headline but I didn't do anything wrong."

Aitkenhead was jailed for life in 1987 for the knife murder of his brother-in-law Nicholas Devine, 21, who was stabbed in the heart on the doorstep of the house which he shared with Aitkenhead's sister Alison, 18.

The High Court in Glasgow heard how Aitkenhead went to his sister's home looking for a syringe and needle to inject himself with drugs.

He had been taking pills all day and became angry when his victim said there was no syringe at the house.

His own sister acted as a human shield after Aitkenhead produced a knife but he reached over her shoulder and stabbed Nicholas in the heart.

His brother-in-law's last words were: "He's plungedme Alison."

As he walked away from the murder scene, Aitkenhead, a repeat offender, told his sister: "I've been dying to do that since I came out."

'When the police realised who it was their dog had bitten they had to send it away for a tetanus jab'

AITKENHEAD
Old 17-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Defend him now ya stupid jock cunts

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1176023.ece

But the storys in the Sun so we can question its credability
Old 17-05-2008, 02:43 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

i read all that this morning. im not defending him as i wasnt there and dont know him im saying we shouldnt always jump to the conclusion that joe public is always guilty because he was there and the police are always totally innocent. some of the picture show fat bloke with his arms raised but with the palms of his hands facing the police in a calming manner and not a come ahead manner.
who knows for sure because none of us witnessed it.

Last edited by fuzzy; 17-05-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 17-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Oldschool
Virgin

[QUOTE=Big G;3295725]Defend him now ya stupid jock cunts

QUOTE]

wow...what a delightful person u are...twat

How do u know he was'nt just walking along the street and the police got heavy handed. If he was being out of order he would have got nicked....he didnt. Unless u witnessed the incident u dont know what went on

Last edited by Oldschool; 17-05-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 17-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

[quote=Oldschool;3295741]
Originally Posted by Big G
Defend him now ya stupid jock cunts

QUOTE]

wow...what a delightful person u are...twat

How do u know he was'nt just walking along the street and the police got heavy handed. If he was being out of order he would have got nicked....he didnt. Unless u witnessed the incident u dont know what went on
Read my 2 previous replies in the thread you mong
Old 17-05-2008, 02:59 PM
Oldschool
Virgin

[QUOTE=Big G;3295750]
Originally Posted by Oldschool

Read my 2 previous replies in the thread you mong
no thanks dickhead....ur last one was boring enough
Old 17-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

[quote=Oldschool;3295757]
Originally Posted by Big G

no thanks dickhead....ur last one was boring enough
Boring enough to raise a response
Old 17-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Oldschool
Virgin

sounds like abusing people u dont know and insighting hatred is the only way u can get a "rise" mate.
Old 17-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Oldschool
sounds like abusing people u dont know and insighting hatred is the only way u can get a "rise" mate.
Not at all,
And abuse? merely a retort
Old 17-05-2008, 04:05 PM
dumped
Advanced PassionFord User

I have friends, 3 couples that were at the site where the screen broke down. They were held in this place an hour before the match started so could not get out for the toilet etc. The police did not want people going between sites etc. When the screen broke yes a minority did kick off which i think is totally uncalled for. They were trying to hold the people in the one area, still not letting them leave and raising tensions, something about wanting to bus people between sites.

When finally people could start moving my friends tried to leave, they approached the police to ask to be let through etc, not involved in any bother but were told they could not pass. So they asked where they could go to not be involved and were told to stand at the other side of the street. Here they waited hoping to be allowed to pass once things had calmed. After a short while the police approached them and started shouting "why the fu** are you standing here, move on" They tried to explain but police started hitting out with riot shields without listening.

I think as usual the minority have kicked off which is why I hate football as it attracts these types, after that it seems groups of supporters and police have gone nuts quite simply. I think blame lands with both. Its funny hearing all the anti scots shit on here as usual, I remember when euro whatever was held in england and the english ripped up their own country - sweet. Its typical football bullshit.
Old 17-05-2008, 04:10 PM
BLACKCOS

In a statment to today Greater Manchester police revealed they were investigating claims Bolton and Millwall casuals had infiltrated the fan zones and caused mayhem.
Old 17-05-2008, 04:14 PM
danja
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by BLACKCOS
In a statment to today Greater Manchester police revealed they were investigating claims Bolton and Millwall casuals had infiltrated the fan zones and caused mayhem.
Millwall I could understand; they love a tear up, but Bolton? Any web links?
Old 17-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Jim Green
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

GRACELAND : Yep..... I Now working in the Renewals Control Room at Hither Green
Old 17-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Originally Posted by Jim Green
GRACELAND : Yep..... I Now working in the Renewals Control Room at Hither Green
No wonder you are able to fuel an M5 then
Old 17-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Jim Green
PassionFord Post Troll

LOL......Must admit the overtime money is Very Nice.

But have to do 12hrs shift (And I don't mean booking twelve and doing 8).
Old 17-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Jim Green
PassionFord Post Troll

LOL.......A train driver pleading poverty......Come On.
Old 17-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Is the how rangers and celtic thing finally calming down now then?? or is it still a case of catholics with celtic and protestant with rangers?

I find it pathetic that football teams can still indirectly fuel sectarian hatred in the uk.

At least with manu and mancity its just them kicking shit out of each other rather than making it personal!!!
Old 18-05-2008, 12:13 AM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

not read all the pages but i think its absolutely shocking to see on the streets in this day,,check this vid i got sent(27secs ,on the right)cant even get on with each other......

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fsjF5Wcdbf4&feature=related
Old 18-05-2008, 07:55 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Just what i was thinking. At the end of the day, if your 'innocent' and get 'caught up in the trouble' then you deserve everything you get. 'Normal' people would stay well clear and not get involved in it all.

Saddo's.
Old 18-05-2008, 08:29 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Originally Posted by Jim Green
LOL.......A train driver pleading poverty......Come On.

Lowest paid in the country I'll have you know
Old 18-05-2008, 09:25 AM
steviep
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I've never understood football violence.
Last year we got tickets for a rugby world cup group match between Wales and Japan at the Millenium stadium.
Being neutral we decided to lift the Japanese side a bit and cheer for them as they had next to no support amongst the 50,000 odd Welsh fans so we bought some Japanese flags and took our seats in the heart of the Welsh fans.
Yea, there was a bit of light hearted banter flying around but never once was there a threat of violence or trouble (even when Japan went 7-0 up in the first 5 minutes!) and the game ended with a congratulations and a handshake to the surrounding Welsh fans, then a pleasant walk through Cardiff back to the car (still proudly waving our Japanese flags)

Rugby, a gentlemans game

Last edited by steviep; 18-05-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Old 18-05-2008, 09:43 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
Is the how rangers and celtic thing finally calming down now then?? or is it still a case of catholics with celtic and protestant with rangers?

I find it pathetic that football teams can still indirectly fuel sectarian hatred in the uk.

At least with manu and mancity its just them kicking shit out of each other rather than making it personal!!!
not anywhere near calming down. the west coast football teams are the most bigoted hate filled lot you will ever meet. giving it all the "best fans in the world" crap wilst glorifying in singing pro ira or uda songs.theres small towns in the west that even paint their cerb stones red white and blue and green door or shopfronts are vandalised with paint until changed.
you even meet people who wont wear clothes in green or blue, thats how sad some are.obviously theyre not all like that but there is a large amount.
football is an open invitation for singing whatever annoys your opponents the most. thats what happens but many really seem to believe this sort of stuff in everyday life
Old 18-05-2008, 10:21 AM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ive said previously that in my youth i was a hearts casual for a few years and have been on the receiving end on more than one occasion but thats my own fault and choice. ive also seen lots of innocent people caught up in the police wall forced into the same corner and battoned indescriminately . you see the pictures in the paper and assume they deserved it but its not always the case. you will know yourself how it is as you say youve been on the other side o few times yourself.
I go up Gorgie road for the derbies know a lot of lads up there. Got a few coming out to see me next month.

Makes me laugh this thread and people spouting shit. Most banned lads on banning orders from England travel to Rangers most weeks as banning orders don't cover Scotland only England and Wales.

I kniow of a good 20 odd from Doncaster who went to Manchester for the game. I'll enjoy cringing at the replies people leave.

John
Old 18-05-2008, 10:37 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by john
I go up Gorgie road for the derbies know a lot of lads up there. Got a few coming out to see me next month.

Makes me laugh this thread and people spouting shit. Most banned lads on banning orders from England travel to Rangers most weeks as banning orders don't cover Scotland only England and Wales.

I kniow of a good 20 odd from Doncaster who went to Manchester for the game. I'll enjoy cringing at the replies people leave.

John
i assume you used to live here then? i might know you if you do the derbies? i was going from mid 80's uptil the mid 90's .thats what i was saying a few posts back, there would have been teams from all over joining up at the game .its not as straight forward as being all scottish rangers boys involved.
Old 18-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Luffers
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

this guy is a convicted murderer
Old 18-05-2008, 10:59 AM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i assume you used to live here then? i might know you if you do the derbies? i was going from mid 80's uptil the mid 90's .thats what i was saying a few posts back, there would have been teams from all over joining up at the game .its not as straight forward as being all scottish rangers boys involved.
Never lived there in my life pal just know a few lads there. I'm banned from football reason I'm in Spain couldn't stay in the UK would kill me not having my Saturdays but traveled up to your place for the big games or did do up till last year.

Watching Rangers is like watching an English club i know lads from many clubs who travel up. People mention Millwall were up there and then laughed at Bolton totally clueless. Millwall live on a reputation and clueless half wits just drop there name in to make it look better. A lot of Chelsea follow Rangers these days and hardly any from Millwall.

Hope this thread continues as it is amusing.

John.
Old 18-05-2008, 11:07 AM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Luffers
this guy is a convicted murderer
no shit sherlock
Old 18-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Smiggy

.theres small towns in the west that even paint their cerb stones red white and blue and green door or shopfronts are vandalised with paint until changed.
You're obviously talking about Larkhall there?