General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

anyone work for parcel force??

Search this Thread

Old 20-04-2008, 02:40 PM
mac456
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone work for parcel force??

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this,

i have been waiting on a package for a week, now yesturday 19/04/08, it was listed as out for delivery, nothing has turned up and it is still listed as that????

anyone know, what has happend here?

cheers
Old 20-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

i had this happen a few weeks back, i rang them and they said they had attempted a delivery but it wasnt collected from depot, as it turned out they hadnt even attempted to send the item it got returned to me

needless to say the buyer put a complaint in as she had to pay for the postage twice

i think that royal mails service full stop has gone right down.
Old 20-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

mac456, get on the blower to Parcel Farce in the morning and chase them up.

As for Royal Mail, in general the service is still the best considering the amount of mail/packets we handle but I'll admit it is getting worse due to more and more cut-backs.
Old 20-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Leeeroy
mac456, get on the blower to Parcel Farce in the morning and chase them up.

As for Royal Mail, in general the service is still the best considering the amount of mail/packets we handle but I'll admit it is getting worse due to more and more cut-backs.
ive never had as many delays or items gone missing both sent and received as i have the past few months
Old 20-04-2008, 03:15 PM
BigErn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elh1C...eature=related

Someone had to
Old 20-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Dicko&Sarah
ive never had as many delays or items gone missing both sent and received as i have the past few months

I won't mention which delivery office I work at but we are having loads, and I mean loads, of complaints about the later deliveries of mail. Also they've rearranged the packet delivery areas basically doubling the workload and as such we have a major back log of packets that aren't getting delivered in the duty time.
It's so bad that people are working every Sunday delivering the items that have been sat there all week. It's the local delivery offices that are unfortunately fucking it up, not the main network.
Old 20-04-2008, 03:21 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Leeeroy
I won't mention which delivery office I work at but we are having loads, and I mean loads, of complaints about the later deliveries of mail. Also they've rearranged the packet delivery areas basically doubling the workload and as such we have a major back log of packets that aren't getting delivered in the duty time.
It's so bad that people are working every Sunday delivering the items that have been sat there all week. It's the local delivery offices that are unfortunately fucking it up, not the main network.
I can only imagine how annoying it must be, our mail seems to come later every week now, usually around 2pm

I paid for 1st class signed for and it didnt get there for 2 weeks, i was NOT impressed to say the least, the unhelpful person on the phone said " well we cant guarantee delivery times"

Trending Topics

Old 20-04-2008, 03:28 PM
ludacris s
Regular Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same thing happens at the delivery office I work at. Too many parcels to take within your work hours and now they have told us we can't work overtime to take em! Its madness!
Old 20-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

The best bit is Royal Mails flagship before 9am service, we don't leave the delivery office 'till at least 08.30, more like 09.00, so we've no chance of delivering them on time.
A couple of weeks ago I was on a rural delivery and had a before 9am for practically the last house on the route. I wouldn't have got there before 1.30pm so I told a manager who said "fail it then". Bearing in mind I have a consience I decided to do the delivery in reverse to try and get it there as early as possible, so I left the office at 08.45 in rush hour traffic, bearing in mind it takes 30mins in normal traffic, and I managed to get there for 09.15. The last few miles were all rural so I was that pissed off I just hammered the van to get there, customer was happy but judging by the smell eminating from the van, it wasn't. On a side note the 1.3 diesels in the new Vauxhalls are surprisingly fast.
Old 20-04-2008, 03:37 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by BigErn
lee evans? has he ever been funny?
Old 21-04-2008, 06:56 AM
mac456
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

cheers guys for the info, im going to wait, and see if it gets delivered today, if not ill be on the phone tomorrow morning
Old 21-04-2008, 07:10 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

i posted some tickets out last week
asked the lady behind teh counter if the stampage on them was enogh
"yeah sure"
so posted them
a week later they were charging a pound for not enough stamps on them because it was 6p short