General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

F***ing Hell

Search this Thread

Old 23-10-2004, 10:45 AM
jamieslittleracer
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F***ing Hell

i said a couple of weeks ago about hitting a car infront of me back in january. everyone was fine and it was hardly a big knock and i only crushed the bumper (it was a modeo estate so it had that foamy type bumper).
anyway, we got a letter saying they were making a claim and we just thought nothing about it then today my parents get a letter saying they are claiming £4000 from us. they went through one of these shite money grabbing tv ad companies and our insurance company wont pay cos these people are basically making it all up

im so angry. does nobody have any moral conscience anymore?

i think its disgusting.

katie x
Old 23-10-2004, 10:51 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember your first post about it ....

It makes you wonder why things are rapidly going the same way as the USA. The people that deal with these things are just money grabbing profiteering wankers IMO. Then all our premiums go up and we're still not any better off. It sucks big time. Keep your chin up gal and dont let it affect you personally
Old 23-10-2004, 11:26 AM
the strut brace
PassionFord Post Troll

d ya not agree though that if anyone of us had a bump and it wasnt our fault that it would be impossible to resist £000's of pounds for doing next to nothin and claimin through a i.company of someone you dont even know, i think 99.9% of us would do the same tbh, not sayin its right just human nature these days
Old 23-10-2004, 11:29 AM
jamieslittleracer

Originally Posted by the strut brace
d ya not agree though that if anyone of us had a bump and it wasnt our fault that it would be impossible to resist £000's of pounds for doing next to nothin and claimin through a i.company of someone you dont even know, i think 99.9% of us would do the same tbh, not sayin its right just human nature these days
hell no. its not my money to take! the most important thing would be nobody got hurt! as long as the cars are fixed then thats all thats needed. i understand if its a traumatic RTA but not a little bump at some traffic lights. no wonder we pay so much insurance! car repairs dont amount to much compared to emotional claims. its all bollocks.

£4000? its a joke and thats coming straight from us, and they dont give a shit, i dont see it as far from stealing to be honest. theyre taking our money for no valid reason.
Old 23-10-2004, 11:32 AM
Rs Gary
PassionFord Regular

i have had 3 cars hit me from behind and not once claimed for whiplash,its all bollocks we all end up paying for it,glad your insurance company told them to fuck off,they CAN NOT get the money out of you as you were insured against this sort of thing so tell them to FUCK OFF ASWELL,
cheeRS gary
AKA shrek
Old 23-10-2004, 11:32 AM
the strut brace
PassionFord Post Troll

respect to ya, but i think unfortunately these days you are the minority
Old 23-10-2004, 11:34 AM
the strut brace
PassionFord Post Troll

gary, its chamon not shamoan, he even spells it on the episode
Old 23-10-2004, 11:34 AM
Rs Gary
PassionFord Regular

but then again i have got a 20 inch neck so it would be hard to prove that i have got whiplash,i will have to be hit by a tank i think
cheeRS gary
AKA shrek
Old 23-10-2004, 11:37 AM
warleydaddy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Bastards!!!!!

Hope you sort it...

Pete..
Old 23-10-2004, 11:40 AM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

they can't claim Katie, dont worry
Old 23-10-2004, 11:44 AM
the strut brace
PassionFord Post Troll

why?
Old 23-10-2004, 11:49 AM
Rs Gary
PassionFord Regular

gary, its chamon not shamoan, he even spells it on the episode
i know how its spelt the way i have spelt is because me and my m8 have got a private joke about it and the way we spell it sums up that joke.so all who look at it will think its wrong but its a silly thing between us 2.
cheeRS gary
AKA shrek
Old 23-10-2004, 11:52 AM
Rs Gary
PassionFord Regular

why?
if the insurance said no to a pay out then they cant sue the person as they were insured against this type of accident,all the insured keeps doing is send the letters back to his or her insurance company.
cheeRS gary
AKA shrek
Old 23-10-2004, 11:57 AM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

sounds like they are right moneygrabbing pikeys don't pay them a penny thats what your insurance was for, EVERYTHING that is claimed for an accident is paid for by them except the policy excess, they have NO legal right ti anything other that what the insurance company agrees to pay. It might be worth contacting the citizens advice people or even the police and find out if you can have them done for insurance fraud or making a fraudulent claim
Old 23-10-2004, 12:05 PM
the strut brace
PassionFord Post Troll

could it not be a civil claim , which everyone has a right to do and has nowt to do with insurance companys, its totally seperate, in theory i could sue anyone for anythin, just have to pay money to court or soliciters and you can proceed from there, doesnt mean you will win anythin but i'm sure you can do it, so they can do what they are doin but it dont mean they will get anywhere with it
Old 23-10-2004, 12:29 PM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

it wont be a civil claim. Send the letters to insurance company and it'll be fine. People get bullied into paying, and thats what they count on. If u tell em to go and fuck themselves with a cactus, they'll soon back down.
Old 23-10-2004, 12:47 PM
James Raby
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I'm with Rick, do you honestly think you HAVE to give these people £4000?
That's why insurance is there for!!
It's to cover YOU in this kind of situation, they can only ever claim from insuracne anyway, don't let them flood you with this bullshit!
Old 23-10-2004, 01:15 PM
jayRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

you should give them the old
you insure you car to cover you in the invent of a accident, you are covered for all sorts of shit, they can NOT claim from you, they have to claim form you insurance company, you pay for legal protection on your car and home insurance, use it!, they will soon tell them tight fuckers where to go, see if you can claim for the stress and burdon it has put on you.
sorry to say though, i am with the others,if you can claim for something you may as well try, whether or not you agree with claiming etc everyone else does it, why not you, sad to say, yes we all are getting like the usa, but money does make the world go round
Old 23-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Bread
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I got twatted from behind and spun 360 last week by a corsa, twisted chassis in our car

i aint claiming nowt cos im fine so im u lilracer
Old 23-10-2004, 06:30 PM
lancia delta 6 times WRC
PassionFord Regular

Someone run into the back of my missus the other week, are we going to claim..... too right.
Maybe it will teach them to pay attention, plus all the aggro of hospital checks just to be safe.
Then its all the grief of fighting the insurance Co. for a decent payout then finding a new car.
All this adds up to lots of time and effort, just because people are careless and dont pay attention.
Old 23-10-2004, 07:19 PM
brad
PassionFord Post Troll

i take it you had legal cover on your insurance ? if so and your insurance co refused to entertain the idea of a personal claim then all you have to do is send any paperwork to your insurance company and they will deal with it for you . seeing as the insurance company dealt with the accident at the time they will have all relevant assesor reports etc etc if the 3rd party decide to continue with the p,i claim . it would be interesting to know if the 3rd party involved in the accident went to hospital or their doctor at the time . or if they decided to go to one of these company's theve seen advertised on tv and had a spurious doctors report written
Old 23-10-2004, 08:52 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

If you have an accident then fine but not a little prang, knowing full well that they did not get any whiplash or any injury through your mistake.

They will have a right to claim though as it was your fault,they will have to be examined too by a top doctor and they will no doubt play things up.

Sorry to here this but does it really matter to you, you have paid your premiums so it's up to your insures to sort it,in or out of court.

Dave.
Old 23-10-2004, 10:02 PM
jamieslittleracer

Originally Posted by lancia delta 6 times WRC
Someone run into the back of my missus the other week, are we going to claim..... too right.
Maybe it will teach them to pay attention, plus all the aggro of hospital checks just to be safe.
Then its all the grief of fighting the insurance Co. for a decent payout then finding a new car.
All this adds up to lots of time and effort, just because people are careless and dont pay attention.
erm.. i havent exactly explained what happened so its not so easy to say things like that. and besides, no wonder our insurance goes up if people always make false claims... wheres the honesty nowadays? if u have whiplash, claim whiplash, if ur fine then fucking count ur lucky starts ur ok. i think its wrong people jumping on teh band waggon for what insurance compaines are primerily there for.. to pay for damages when we have an accident. not to make up false damages... this was wasnt a big accident it was a little knock from behind. i was in a 4x4 if i was in my ibiza it would ahve done bugger all damage. nobody was hurt the car was easliy repairabe and at the time the driver was really nice and chatty and absolutely fine... suddenly 7 months later shes claiming for loss of earnings, trauma, doctors bills, lawyers bill etc.. etc.... its so wrong

katie x
Old 23-10-2004, 10:21 PM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

thay will have to have prove of that katie and all hospital report's etc,

by the way doe,s anyone know how long you can leave it for before you claim wasnt it within 6 month's of the accident before you can claim or 12 month's.
Old 23-10-2004, 10:31 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

you have upto 3 years to claim.

Dave.
Old 23-10-2004, 10:32 PM
jayRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

you can claim up to 3 years after,
i hit a kid that ran out in from of me 6 years ago ( not my fault and she was ok)
she was 6, i had a fireman see it wasnt my fault so never even had to give a statment to the police ( here comes the bent bit) even though it wasn't my fault i was told by the assessor that came to look at my car and were it happened etc that even though she was 6 years old, in 12 years time when she turns 18 she has 3 years to claim for compensation. sounds fucked up and it is, but thats the way things are now
(know it has nothing to do with the post just though i would share it as i wasn't a nice thing to have happened to me and wouldn't wish it on anyone)
Old 23-10-2004, 10:59 PM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yea i understand why you want to share it mate sorry to hear that .

oh yea i would say do your splitter black .
Old 23-10-2004, 11:10 PM
jayRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

cheers baz, lucky she only got cuts and bruises, considering i was doing 30mph she got away light, i locked up and got her just with the nose as i came to the end of the stop, still dented the fuck out of the xr2 ( at the time) ford said £800 to fix!
i said bollock and just replaced the bumper and left the rippled bonnet there.
worse thing was her dumb bitch mum picked her up and carried her to the pavment, reaction i guess, worst bit of all, when the pigs beath tested me ( norm in RTA) the looks i got will never be forgotton, still it was 6 years back and she was ok, she spent the night in hospital then went home as far as i know, poor little cow was on hoilday, but it turned out to be her dads fault, it was him that called her across the road behind that caravan ( her mum letgo of her hand so she could cross) i came into road via main road at 30 music load sunny day and the dad didn't see/hear me, cos of him its one day in my life i will never forget

sorry gone a bit off topic there