General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Brentacre are a JOKE. Avoid like the Plague.

Search this Thread

Old 22-10-2004, 02:10 PM
Jon ERST S2
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brentacre are a JOKE. Avoid like the Plague.

Took out my policy around £800.

Paid £300 deposit. Had insurance for 12days before i sold the car and cancelled.

Phone up they said no problem we'll sort you out a refund. I wait patiently for around 3 weeks. Call up and they it's being sorted, Highway have a backlog (checked and they don't) wait another 3 weeks. Still nothing. Tell them they have 2 more weeks or I want them to pay me before they get the money back. Still being reasonable.

So today they say well sorry you don't get anything back.

They say Highway take 25% and we are taking about £100 in commission.

FFS. I'm sure it's in the documents somewhere giving them the write to do what they like (it always is!) but why not tell me 2 months ago they I wouldn't get anything. Why keep me calling and fobbing me off.

what a Joke. I will get them back for this....somehow!

Even Highway though they were taking the p1ss!
Old 22-10-2004, 02:16 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

fookin hell mate - threatedn legal action or something
Old 22-10-2004, 02:25 PM
Jon ERST S2
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure someone in the contract it says then can take make fees... which they can make up to any fugure they like! Worst part is to tell me I WAS getting money and wait 2 months to tell me I get nothing. Would have been bad enough if they said you get nothing then.

I think that they are fed up of waiting to get the refund from highway so just made their "fees" up to the full amount.

What's even worse is that they said Legal protection was free (which I already had elsewhere) and they said no point taking off as it's no cheaper without. they are now saying that £20 for that is coming off too!