General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Back From Brunters (Added Videos and Pictures page 4) Maybe Grudge Match Coming!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Ima Racing
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

..just read chip was passenger,would this not have affected the top speed as with his weight yum would have had to break alot earlier.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:46 PM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by MAD YUM
As this topic was started by me l did say that l would not post times.

I agreed to Dave that l would not post as they did pay for the full day at there cost.

As for the Turbo change yes it is to make it faster and would like to see a late 6 sec to 100.

Have spoke to Martin and Mike and they both know what the score is.

We are very close to the Magic Number and that was the aim right at the begining on the project. So the changes will be made and see what happens

thats that then, thread closed
Old 05-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by PT
thats that then, thread closed
Thousands upon thousands who would of been buying the magazine to see if he did 200mph now have no need.

The end, Benni.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:10 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rapidcossie
the tyres get a harder tim eon the rollers than they do on the road so way I see it if they can survive the test on ther rollers they can survive Brunters.
yes, in that the contact patch is smaller but you just have the static weight on the rollers whereas you may have a lot more (or less) than that at top speed. that is why it is not a good test - not that it doesn't necessarily test them to such an extreme.

The tyres were swapped before the top speed runs as we beleive tyres are THE most important part of the car after the brakes.
glad to hear it - very good attitude

imo the tyres are more important than the brakes - if the tyres are not there anymore due to overheating or blowout, there's no point having 6 pot 400mm discs or whatever

Last edited by foreigneRS; 05-04-2008 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:14 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

do you really think people wont who normally would buy a magazine just because one feature has had some details posted up on an internet forum?
people that normally buy it will still buy it and those that dont will be like me who still cant find stocked it in any local shops.
ill just have to put up with the sleepless nights in anticipation until its posted up on here.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by PF Dave
Is that why when most of the Future titles have a thrash or time something they make a song and dance about we won't make you sign an indemnity or anything but please don't post the times... happened last month on the Fiesta ST site with their thrash in FF as a recent example...

They want the same thing but don't ask people to sign an indemnity, that's our places policy but the end result is the same.

Again unlike some others I enlisted Andy's safety presence and vehicle etc which for a single car is extremely costly when you add that to the outlay of Brunters, and will get me in bother with the boss. So, on this particular occassion so I can reassure him that the extra outlay was worth it, or at least have a chance at that, not splashing what happened into the public domain and keeping some form of exclusivity to justify this cost isn't much to ask.

There's plenty more politics and budget malarky that goes into days like this behind the scenes that most won't be aware of and as said above this will go some way in keeping a lid on things from getting into the public domain, and also prevents me getting such a royal grilling - thus stopping days like this happening in the first place.

He's told everyone that's he's bettered all his previous best times, for the exact data, which I haven't even got off the timing gear yet, you'll get to see it all in the mag.

Incidentally, I personally don't think that not saying times affects sales as people seem to keep thinking, but why should loyal readers who pay to see in our opinion, the best and fastest cars either exclusively or before the rest as it were each month, get to find out results and breaking news after some non-readers on an internet forum?

PS. You're alright yourself! lol
Again though surely it would have been better if they`d never said owt in the first place?
Old 05-04-2008, 07:57 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Again though surely it would have been better if they`d never said owt in the first place?
it certainly would have avoided pages and pages of pointless waffle.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fuzzy: This is an entire internet forum filled with waffle. Another couple of pages will not change a thing.

RW
Old 05-04-2008, 08:02 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by Steven_RW
Fuzzy: This is an entire internet forum filled with waffle. Another couple of pages will not change a thing.

RW
a good point.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Twellsie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

well done Dave, look forward to seeing the results
Old 05-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

If top speed runs were "standardisied" to a mile it would rule out ALL 2wd cars and make anyone with a 4x4 car need a 10k transmission.

Chip...you said Martins car is the best prepared cossie? I think it was far from it on the top speed runs as he was running track day tyres that had seen many a lap and they were not rated high enough either if I recall correctly???

As for prep I feel my car is one of the best as it has completly new tyres(of the highest speed rating) eveytime we go to brunters and it has also been at 195 on the rollers to test the tyres before we even set foot on the runway.

I didnt say martins was, I said most people would say it was, I didnt comment myself on it.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Is that why when most of the Future titles have a thrash or time something they make a song and dance about we won't make you sign an indemnity or anything but please don't post the times... happened last month on the Fiesta ST site with their thrash in FF as a recent example...

They want the same thing but don't ask people to sign an indemnity, that's our places policy but the end result is the same.

Again unlike some others I enlisted Andy's safety presence and vehicle etc which for a single car is extremely costly when you add that to the outlay of Brunters, and will get me in bother with the boss. So, on this particular occassion so I can reassure him that the extra outlay was worth it, or at least have a chance at that, not splashing what happened into the public domain and keeping some form of exclusivity to justify this cost isn't much to ask.

There's plenty more politics and budget malarky that goes into days like this behind the scenes that most won't be aware of and as said above this will go some way in keeping a lid on things from getting into the public domain, and also prevents me getting such a royal grilling - thus stopping days like this happening in the first place.

He's told everyone that's he's bettered all his previous best times, for the exact data, which I haven't even got off the timing gear yet, you'll get to see it all in the mag.

Incidentally, I personally don't think that not saying times affects sales as people seem to keep thinking, but why should loyal readers who pay to see in our opinion, the best and fastest cars either exclusively or before the rest as it were each month, get to find out results and breaking news after some non-readers on an internet forum?

I was very impressed to see Andy there for just Dave, very professional of you IMHO
Old 05-04-2008, 08:18 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
I didnt say martins was, I said most people would say it was, I didnt comment myself on it.

I took it out of context then
Old 05-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Kev.H
PassionFord Post Whore!!

can someone pm me the results pls

great times im sure well done

pf mag well gay for not posting results
Old 05-04-2008, 10:06 PM
Kevin Sharp
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by fuzzy
do you really think people wont who normally would buy a magazine just because one feature has had some details posted up on an internet forum?
people that normally buy it will still buy it and those that dont will be like me who still cant find stocked it in any local shops.
ill just have to put up with the sleepless nights in anticipation until its posted up on here.
LOL, exactly.

Dave IMO if you werent going to post the results this was just a "look at me thread"

Old 05-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Kevin Sharp
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ima Racing
..just read chip was passenger,would this not have affected the top speed as with his weight yum would have had to break alot earlier.
PMSL
Old 05-04-2008, 10:57 PM
sunny
PassionFord Post Troll

IMA - You crack me up dude. LOL

Dave, as per the phone call, appologies for not being able to make it. Sounds like you got a good result,,,nice one!

Can't believe Chip had to tell you to brake though, I would of told him to get out before the next run.

Sunny.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:22 PM
alistairolsen

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

the tyres get a harder tim eon the rollers than they do on the road so way I see it if they can survive the test on ther rollers they can survive Brunters.

The tyres were swapped before the top speed runs as we beleive tyres are THE most important part of the car after the brakes.
after the brakes? WTF do the brakes transmit theyre force thru?

Single most idiotic statement on this thread..
Old 05-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Karl 3dr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin Sharp
LOL, exactly.

Dave IMO if you werent going to post the results this was just a "look at me thread"

Whats wrong with that though??
If it was my car i'd do the same thing, the fact that he cant tell us the results is the magazines choice, not his, he's probably wanting to publish the results just as much as everyone else wants him to!
Why do sooo many threads end up in this way on here??

Well done for beating your previous results by the way!!
Old 05-04-2008, 11:35 PM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

I love the way people find things to argue about.

Without tyres, ur brakes are pretty useless.

Without brakes, ur tyres arent going to stop u themselves from 200 mph.

If your hub nut falls off, ur wheel and your brakes fall off with them. (thats what went lose on me at brunters, 2 finger tight turns away from full dropping off lol)

All this crap tells u is:

1. that u need to take care preparing your car and not cut corners.
2. Brunters is dangerous cos u might crash really quickly
3. The ring is dangerous and u have more chance of an off, but Chip thinks hopefully u might be lucky and have less chance of hurting urself cos u might not be doing 160 or more at that point.
4. Braking from really high speeds to low speeds is an unusual thing and that might catch people out (why not use a moveable braking marker?)
5. Yums car went quicker than before.
6. Lots of people want to say well done
7. Motorsport is dangerous... no surprise there
RW

Last edited by Steven_RW; 05-04-2008 at 11:37 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:31 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice result Dave. Get the other turbo bolted on
Old 06-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Think we have very different views on this.

Do film trailers make less people go to the cinema?

when books are serialised in national papers before they are released does this affect sales?

No.. its done to increase them. It creates interest in them...

Autocar magazine run FREE videos and stuff online of the stuff thats in their mags...

You say about your loyal readers? well ALOT of them are on here, and keeping the results just pisses them off I think as it alienates them a bit in my opinion as it pushes them outside the VAST amount people on here that DO know!

Part of me really wants to post the results but I won't as I like you and like PF... just think you are getting this all wrong.

Posting the figs makes everyone on here feel part of it, makes you guys look like the 'into the scene guys' that you are and it creates anticipation and excitement for the feature and the behind the scenes info and pics of the day that we will get when we WILL buy the mag...

This post just creates bad feeling I think...

P.S you mentioned The future mags. Well they all post results before mags are released as far as I am aware! and if they don't I would give them shit as well.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Lee's right on this one..
Old 06-04-2008, 06:30 PM
MAD Ade

Originally Posted by MAD YUM
Yum all clean again and back together again

Will post up some pictures and video later
Look forward to it mate
Old 06-04-2008, 06:42 PM
MAD matt-sab
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Exclamation

come on dave pics and vids ! ! !!!
congrats on the day you ALL had
glad it all held together ! and home safe and sound thats the main ! ! !!!
Old 06-04-2008, 06:55 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

basically i see it like lee, The people who you think wont buy the mag if they know the results of run are just the people who stand in *Insert store name here* and will find results before putting mag back on shelf. Id be suprised if there are many people who wouldnt bother buying the mag as have found the results out from here. all imo
Old 06-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Porkie

You say about your loyal readers? well ALOT of them are on here, and keeping the results just pisses them off I think as it alienates them a bit in my opinion as it pushes them outside the VAST amount people on here that DO know!

I completely agree. If I was told the results and made to feel a part of it like you say, I would then go out and buy the magazine to find out more. But, because I have been told I will find out when I buy the magazine, I will just wait until someone else buys it and they are then posted. Or, I will go in the shop and have a one minute scan over the magazine to find out the answer. But, because you wouldn't tell me until I bought it, I won't buy it out of spite.

Benni.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Good pics Dave

Originally Posted by Benni
I completely agree. If I was told the results and made to feel a part of it like you say, I would then go out and buy the magazine to find out more. But, because I have been told I will find out when I buy the magazine, I will just wait until someone else buys it and they are then posted. Or, I will go in the shop and have a one minute scan over the magazine to find out the answer. But, because you wouldn't tell me until I bought it, I won't buy it out of spite.

Benni.

I can see your point, won't stop me buying the mag though..
Old 06-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Kev.H
PassionFord Post Whore!!

in protest im gonna read a copy in whsmith and not buy it now lol
Old 06-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Max M4X WW
Regular Contributor

Glad you improved on your figures Dave!

Car looks a lot different on the Rondells, Liking the standard plates!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:37 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Does the car have a oil leak somewhere or is that fuel all up the back of the car ?

I see its immaculate in some of pics, i'm guessing before you done any runs
Old 06-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Danny@RADesigns
basically i see it like lee, The people who you think wont buy the mag if they know the results of run are just the people who stand in *Insert store name here* and will find results before putting mag back on shelf. Id be suprised if there are many people who wouldnt bother buying the mag as have found the results out from here. all imo
Yes, totally agree, I meant to say that as well, but forgot and was in a hurry to post as my pizza was getting cold!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:44 PM
MAD matt-sab
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

great pics there dave !! very nice
vids now too pls
Old 06-04-2008, 07:46 PM
NEIL A
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looking awsome
Why were you back on the old wheels , was it just for the topspeed runs or did all the times get set with them on.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Narrower tyres means less rolling resistance...
Old 06-04-2008, 07:49 PM
matt p
PassionFord Post Troll

Fuck me 16 people reading this thread!,

Oh well.....farplay for giving it a go up at brunters, i just love reading all the brown nosing on here, really makes me laugh.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:52 PM
NEIL A
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thought that or because the 888 wernt rated for the sort of speeds he was planning. But wasnt sure if Dave fitted the MO's for the other times as they were better also. If not do you think there is more in it with the MO's for better grip, or is it a trade off between wheels spin or grip and risk damage.

Quick Reply: Back From Brunters (Added Videos and Pictures page 4) Maybe Grudge Match Coming!!